Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dippy The Dinosaur 13:45 - Feb 18 with 4805 viewsmingthemerciless

I called in to the Riverside this lunch time to speak to my wife who's a guide at the Dippy exhibition. The place was chock a bloc with kids, parents and grandparents, It has obviously brought people into the town from all over the place. My wife was talking to a family who'd come from Northern Ireland to see Dippy !

The gift shop was really busy as was the cafeteria.

My step son works in the Regal Moon part time and he was telling me that the Regal has been more full than normal since the exhibition opened.

Well done to the Council for bringing Dippy to Rochdale.
Dippy The Dinosaur on 13:49 - Feb 18 with 4786 viewsThe_DJ

Hopefully all the businesses in town will benefit.
Dippy The Dinosaur on 14:00 - Feb 18 with 4752 viewsDalenet

It is brilliant news and I heard that 30,000 kids tickets (free) had been taken in advance of opening and the Metrolink has a special fare from Manchester. It is on show until summer so hopefully the new shopping centre will be open on time in April to give the whole centre the boost it deserves. Rochdale is the only North West town to host it so there are 7 million potential visitors.

Maybe the club can do a special "Day in Rochdale. Dippy tour in the morning, lunch in town and then a game on Saturday afternoon" for a family at say £50.
Dippy The Dinosaur on 14:06 - Feb 18 with 4714 viewsD_Alien

Dippy The Dinosaur on 14:00 - Feb 18 by Dalenet

It is brilliant news and I heard that 30,000 kids tickets (free) had been taken in advance of opening and the Metrolink has a special fare from Manchester. It is on show until summer so hopefully the new shopping centre will be open on time in April to give the whole centre the boost it deserves. Rochdale is the only North West town to host it so there are 7 million potential visitors.

Maybe the club can do a special "Day in Rochdale. Dippy tour in the morning, lunch in town and then a game on Saturday afternoon" for a family at say £50.

There's an accompanying exhibition at Touchstones, although it's probably more suitable for adults with kids than just adult visitors

The main Dippy exhibition at Riverside closes at 5pm. Rochdale Online originally had this closing at 5.30pm until i pointed it out, but in reply (and after changing the closing time) they mentioned that other sources such as MEN might still have the wrong closing time

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dippy The Dinosaur on 15:17 - Feb 18 with 4608 viewsdalenumber2

I was there this morning too - it was packed inside and there were also lots of people milling around near the new development and the bus station. The Medicine Tap was full at lunchtime and I'm sure that other businesses are also benefiting. Well done Rochdale Council, this is certainly a much needed boost for the town centre!
Dippy The Dinosaur on 16:17 - Feb 18 with 4514 viewsAncoats_Blue

Good to hear. Stockport had a frog trail last year (something to do with the town centre coming on in leaps and bounds). Kids loved it. Pubs and shops were heaving as a result. Can only hope that the dippy exhib has the same effect in Dale.
Dippy The Dinosaur on 16:51 - Feb 18 with 4455 viewsSuddenLad

6,000 visitors on the first day. No wonder it looked busy.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dippy The Dinosaur on 20:44 - Feb 18 with 4165 viewsArthurDaley

Took the 3 granddaughters there this afternoon, might have spoken with your wife, ming.
Spoke to a very nice lady when we went in.
Of course we had to go in the gift shop, ( not really a GIFT shop ) and let the Granddaughters loose . Sure enough they went for the dearest Dinosaur £17 each. Get it paid said her indoors so out came the plastic. So that's my spence gone for the next 3 weeks.

A large VAT Dave

Dippy The Dinosaur on 21:13 - Feb 18 with 4107 viewsonedalefan

Not even half term for some schools in Rochdale so suggests a lot of visitors from other areas.
Login to get fewer ads

Dippy The Dinosaur on 22:02 - Feb 18 with 4070 viewsmingthemerciless

Dippy The Dinosaur on 20:44 - Feb 18 by ArthurDaley

Took the 3 granddaughters there this afternoon, might have spoken with your wife, ming.
Spoke to a very nice lady when we went in.
Of course we had to go in the gift shop, ( not really a GIFT shop ) and let the Granddaughters loose . Sure enough they went for the dearest Dinosaur £17 each. Get it paid said her indoors so out came the plastic. So that's my spence gone for the next 3 weeks.

" A very nice lady " you say ? That doesn't sound like my wife.
Dippy The Dinosaur on 22:35 - Feb 18 with 4039 viewsDaleiLama

Dippy The Dinosaur on 22:02 - Feb 18 by mingthemerciless

" A very nice lady " you say ? That doesn't sound like my wife.

Merciless by name, merciless by nature!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dippy The Dinosaur on 06:56 - Feb 19 with 3935 viewsDaveButt

You say your spence gone for the next three weeks. Bragging aren't you Arthur,, I would be lucky to get that in 3 YEARS.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 6:57]
Dippy The Dinosaur on 08:57 - Feb 19 with 3833 views1907

There has been a hell of a lot of positive improvements made to our town centre in recent years. The Rochdale BID project at the heart of this too. If you haven’t heard of this give it a search!
Dippy The Dinosaur on 09:11 - Feb 20 with 3560 viewspedrodale

The Heron that glides across the town centre to each river section always reminds me Pterodactyl.
Also I spoke to a couple of visitors in the town who were amazed and interested that Peregrine falcons regularly breed on the town hall.
Dippy The Dinosaur on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 3559 viewsJames1980

Dippy The Dinosaur on 09:11 - Feb 20 by pedrodale

The Heron that glides across the town centre to each river section always reminds me Pterodactyl.
Also I spoke to a couple of visitors in the town who were amazed and interested that Peregrine falcons regularly breed on the town hall.

Don't the Peregrines have their own webcam as well?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dippy The Dinosaur on 09:37 - Feb 20 with 3535 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Dippy The Dinosaur on 08:57 - Feb 19 by 1907

There has been a hell of a lot of positive improvements made to our town centre in recent years. The Rochdale BID project at the heart of this too. If you haven’t heard of this give it a search!

I don`t think £1.5M over 5 years is going to make much difference to any business district. That amount is chicken feed and would barely cover fencing to keep out the vandals and thieves of our town. What we need are cheaper business rates to entice new businesses and to keep the ones that are already struggling to make ends meet.
Dippy The Dinosaur on 11:15 - Feb 20 with 3460 viewsBobbyjoe

Dippy The Dinosaur on 09:15 - Feb 20 by James1980

Don't the Peregrines have their own webcam as well?

Sorry, James, had to laugh at that...so they can make their own home-movies, perhaps!
Dippy The Dinosaur on 11:19 - Feb 20 with 3443 viewsJames1980

Dippy The Dinosaur on 11:15 - Feb 20 by Bobbyjoe

Sorry, James, had to laugh at that...so they can make their own home-movies, perhaps!

http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/Pages/webcams.aspx

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dippy The Dinosaur on 18:19 - Feb 21 with 3215 viewsoff2div1

What about a Desmond meets Dippy.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=Ej2Z8nZV&id=174D3A1A89E38A
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024