Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news about one of our historic pubs 14:07 - Feb 19 with 9031 viewsD_Alien

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/1/business-news/132820/whitworth%

First drank in there in 1976

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 16:09 - Feb 19 with 6298 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nice to see .

Also good news that Quirky catering continue to prosper. Do a great breakfast till 1300hrs at the Flying Horse, recommend it.

I think we use them at San Spotty quite a lot.......we should all patronise these businesses that help the Club, it's win win jobby.
Good news about one of our historic pubs on 17:54 - Feb 19 with 6150 viewsblackdogblue

Someone said the food was nice in there so tried it one night (May be a couple of years ago now), wasn’t anything special if I’m honest so never went back....

But in the scheme of things, nice not to lose another local (ish) pub...

If they do food & reviews are good, open to give it another try. Cock & Magpie isn’t bad, eat in there a couple of times talking of Whitworth

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:28 - Feb 19 with 6106 viewsD_Alien

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 17:54 - Feb 19 by blackdogblue

Someone said the food was nice in there so tried it one night (May be a couple of years ago now), wasn’t anything special if I’m honest so never went back....

But in the scheme of things, nice not to lose another local (ish) pub...

If they do food & reviews are good, open to give it another try. Cock & Magpie isn’t bad, eat in there a couple of times talking of Whitworth

If you'd read the link, you wouldn't be asking about food or the quality of it

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:08 - Feb 20 with 5799 viewsblackdogblue

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:28 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

If you'd read the link, you wouldn't be asking about food or the quality of it

It said quality home food last time I went? ???

And it wasn’t....

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:18 - Feb 20 with 5782 viewsD_Alien

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:08 - Feb 20 by blackdogblue

It said quality home food last time I went? ???

And it wasn’t....

"If they do food & reviews are good, open to give it another try." Cock...

[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 18:19]

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:39 - Feb 20 with 5752 viewsblackdogblue

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:18 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

"If they do food & reviews are good, open to give it another try." Cock...

[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 18:19]

Very fooking droll....

I did read the online article, just because it is in a “chain” and the food is nice in one it will be equally as nice in another as it is cooked by 2 different chefs. Unless it comes out of a packet / microwave then the home cooked aspect means it’s cooked on the premises & not made from scratch.

Example before you start, steak & ale pie, do they make the pastry? Probably not, they buy the pies in or use puff pastry

Talking of puffs, I thought my post was trip advisor ish, u that bored?

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:45 - Feb 20 with 5734 viewsD_Alien

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:39 - Feb 20 by blackdogblue

Very fooking droll....

I did read the online article, just because it is in a “chain” and the food is nice in one it will be equally as nice in another as it is cooked by 2 different chefs. Unless it comes out of a packet / microwave then the home cooked aspect means it’s cooked on the premises & not made from scratch.

Example before you start, steak & ale pie, do they make the pastry? Probably not, they buy the pies in or use puff pastry

Talking of puffs, I thought my post was trip advisor ish, u that bored?

Hardly a chain, though is it? And Ben Boothman - if you've been in any of his establishments - goes out of his way to ensure a high standard is maintained. And especially with a new opening

The cheese & onion pie at the Flying Horse, for example, is made from scratch on the premises. I'd recommend it

Now, that's what Tripadvisor looks like

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:54 - Feb 20 with 5705 viewsTVOS1907

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:45 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

Hardly a chain, though is it? And Ben Boothman - if you've been in any of his establishments - goes out of his way to ensure a high standard is maintained. And especially with a new opening

The cheese & onion pie at the Flying Horse, for example, is made from scratch on the premises. I'd recommend it

Now, that's what Tripadvisor looks like

Surely it's made from cheese & onion?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:02 - Feb 20 with 5673 viewsD_Alien

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:54 - Feb 20 by TVOS1907

Surely it's made from cheese & onion?

That's certainly the premise!

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:08 - Feb 20 with 5647 viewsblackdogblue

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:02 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

That's certainly the premise!

Pies aside then, if I order a steak will they nip out the back & slaughter a cow for me?

If I have Sausage & Mash, will they make the sausage meat?

Home cooked my arse

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:12 - Feb 20 with 5640 viewsD_Alien

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:08 - Feb 20 by blackdogblue

Pies aside then, if I order a steak will they nip out the back & slaughter a cow for me?

Home cooked my arse

That latter dish is precisely the sort of quirky option they might make available

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:24 - Feb 20 with 5612 viewsjudd

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:08 - Feb 20 by blackdogblue

Home cooked my arse

Is that a bit like Tapass?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:18 - Feb 20 with 5559 viewskiwidale

If its not made in Yorkshire is it technically a Yorkshire pud.

This is not the time for bickering.

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 04:23 - Feb 21 with 5463 viewspioneer

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:18 - Feb 20 by kiwidale

If its not made in Yorkshire is it technically a Yorkshire pud.

Bit like a Manchester Tart then.
Good news about one of our historic pubs on 12:37 - Feb 21 with 5305 viewsdiver

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 04:23 - Feb 21 by pioneer

Bit like a Manchester Tart then.

Any news about Star Inn Cutgate?miss it good for a pint before a game.
Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:21 - Feb 21 with 5181 viewsblackdogblue

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 12:37 - Feb 21 by diver

Any news about Star Inn Cutgate?miss it good for a pint before a game.

Problem is no one wants to work for Humphrey Smith, sooner get fooks off the better do I can use my phone in the Dog again & a TV would be nice 😀😀😀

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:30 - Feb 21 with 5169 viewsJames1980

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:21 - Feb 21 by blackdogblue

Problem is no one wants to work for Humphrey Smith, sooner get fooks off the better do I can use my phone in the Dog again & a TV would be nice 😀😀😀

I do like a pub where swearing and mobiles are forbidden. But the buying and selling of blatantly stolen goods is ignored

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:44 - Feb 21 with 5156 viewsblackdogblue

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:30 - Feb 21 by James1980

I do like a pub where swearing and mobiles are forbidden. But the buying and selling of blatantly stolen goods is ignored

That does not happen in the Dog if I’m honest, but over the years know exactly what you mean mate 👍 Stolen Goods for sale I mean 😀😀
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 18:45]

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:49 - Feb 21 with 5142 viewsJames1980

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:44 - Feb 21 by blackdogblue

That does not happen in the Dog if I’m honest, but over the years know exactly what you mean mate 👍 Stolen Goods for sale I mean 😀😀
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 18:45]

A good way to pick up a bargain 😉

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:25 - Feb 21 with 5111 viewsmingthemerciless

He owns " The Riflemans " near me. It opened and then closed again on a regular basis. I believe his company also owns " The Alpine Gasthof " near me. That's been shut for ages, nobody will work for the owners.
Good news about one of our historic pubs on 19:47 - Feb 21 with 5088 viewsEllDale

Bloody hell I thought the Gasthof had been knocked down years ago! Didn’t Alec Honeyman once own that amongst other places?
Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:02 - Feb 21 with 5068 viewschalky_ncfc

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 18:21 - Feb 21 by blackdogblue

Have I got this right in that you're not allowed to use a mobile phone in the pub and they haven't got screens in there for football etc?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:05 - Feb 21 with 5062 viewsJames1980

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:02 - Feb 21 by chalky_ncfc

Have I got this right in that you're not allowed to use a mobile phone in the pub and they haven't got screens in there for football etc?

It is company policy Chalky lad

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:09 - Feb 21 with 5049 viewschalky_ncfc

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:05 - Feb 21 by James1980

It is company policy Chalky lad

Is it like some kind of theme pub reliving the 40's or summat,I'm taking a guess that millennials avoid it at all cost

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:12 - Feb 21 with 5046 viewsJames1980

Good news about one of our historic pubs on 20:09 - Feb 21 by chalky_ncfc

Is it like some kind of theme pub reliving the 40's or summat,I'm taking a guess that millennials avoid it at all cost

It is not just one pub it is all of those under the same umbrella

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024