Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dooley New Contract 19:02 - Feb 20 with 3633 viewsDaleyBrent

Thoughts..?
Dooley New Contract on 19:04 - Feb 20 with 3609 viewsleedsdale

Decent squad player so pretty happy with this. Hopefully this is the beginning of one or two others signing new deals....
Dooley New Contract on 19:10 - Feb 20 with 3554 viewsD_Alien

Can't help thinking we've not seen the best of Dooley

When he first arrived, he used to take defenders on and create a bit of excitement. More recently, he seems content to play it safe and his goal at Accy apart has rarely imo made much of an impact on games

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dooley New Contract on 19:14 - Feb 20 with 3544 viewsDaleFan7

Wages that are better served elsewhere imo.
Dooley New Contract on 19:22 - Feb 20 with 3499 viewsChaffRAFC

Struggling to see a justification for this.

I can count on one hand the amount of good games he's hand and I'd have fingers to spare.

Hard to predict what he's on a week but I suspect that wage could and should have been better spent on someone else.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dooley New Contract on 19:40 - Feb 20 with 3414 viewsscarrow

Dooley New Contract on 19:22 - Feb 20 by ChaffRAFC

Struggling to see a justification for this.

I can count on one hand the amount of good games he's hand and I'd have fingers to spare.

Hard to predict what he's on a week but I suspect that wage could and should have been better spent on someone else.

Underwhelmed. Glimpses of a good player but drifts in and out of games too much.

Poll: Final position

Dooley New Contract on 20:23 - Feb 20 with 3275 views49thseason

Dooley hasnt been great recently but the goal against Gillingham repaid some of the faith that BBM seems to have in him. Not sure what his best position is , we are generally better when he is around midfield picking up the bits and pieces and finding blue shirts but was more impressive when he was taking people on further up the pitch , the improvement in Ryan has latterly pushed him out of midfield so another player without a proper position but useful and happy to track back . For me , one of those players you need if you intend to run with a smallish squad,......Jack of most trades.
Dooley New Contract on 20:23 - Feb 20 with 3271 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dooley New Contract on 19:10 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

Can't help thinking we've not seen the best of Dooley

When he first arrived, he used to take defenders on and create a bit of excitement. More recently, he seems content to play it safe and his goal at Accy apart has rarely imo made much of an impact on games

Do you mean his equaliser against the Gills?....that was a great goal.

I too am a bit surprised at this offer. I do hope we are not increasing his salary.

Reminds me a bit of Inman, a fairweather player who seems to do better in Summer.

Come on Stephen lad get stuck in and makes us love you.
Dooley New Contract on 20:26 - Feb 20 with 3255 viewstodmordendale

Like Inman. Didn’t think anyone was that bad
Login to get fewer ads

Dooley New Contract on 20:33 - Feb 20 with 3238 viewssweetcorn

Considering where we signed him from, I can't imagine he'll be on a wedge, decent enough squad player and I'd expect to see him down the pecking order when we've recruited in the summer.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Dooley New Contract on 20:44 - Feb 20 with 3208 views_Windydale

On his day , a player who can change the momentum of a game.

Get us up the pitch to make us more attacking.We were a better team when he came back from injury and we were on that losing streak.

I like him, but more of a squad player though, bring him in and out of the team based on good performances. He's got room for improvement and goals in his locker.
Dooley New Contract on 21:09 - Feb 20 with 3122 viewsDaleiLama

Shades of Donal McDermott for me. Keep waiting for him to hit his full potential.

I like the fact that he makes runs at defences and can do something a bit different to change a game.

I don't like the fact that he keeps getting pushed off the ball far too easily and is a bit short of confidence.

If we aren't stumping up too much, this probably comes under the heading "worth a punt". He's signed to summer 21 according to Sky, so it shouldn't break the bank.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dooley New Contract on 21:19 - Feb 20 with 3076 viewsD_Alien

Dooley New Contract on 21:09 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

Shades of Donal McDermott for me. Keep waiting for him to hit his full potential.

I like the fact that he makes runs at defences and can do something a bit different to change a game.

I don't like the fact that he keeps getting pushed off the ball far too easily and is a bit short of confidence.

If we aren't stumping up too much, this probably comes under the heading "worth a punt". He's signed to summer 21 according to Sky, so it shouldn't break the bank.

Don't Ireland use the euro?

Dooley New Contract on 21:25 - Feb 20 with 3058 viewsSaxonDale

Good piece of business IMO. Agree with others that there is still a fair bit to come from him but I still think on his day he adds something to the team. Haven't been to loads of games but at Burton away his introduction changed the game. When he's playing well he really knits our play well and looks to go forward- look at the majority of our good team goals and he's been at the heart of them. Think we can trust him more defensively than we could last season too, BBM has started moving Dooley across flanks to support our fullbacks. If as D_Alien has mentioned he can return to running at the opposition more then I think he could really have an impact in the first team next season, if not, for the wage he's on he's a decent enough squad player who can play in a few positions.
Dooley New Contract on 21:44 - Feb 20 with 3007 viewsDaleiLama

Dooley New Contract on 21:19 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

Don't Ireland use the euro?

Really? I had a yen to step back in time.

Dooley New Contract on 22:08 - Feb 20 with 2944 viewsD_Alien

Dooley New Contract on 21:44 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

Really? I had a yen to step back in time.

To be franc, the new contract means he'll have to step up to the mark

Dooley New Contract on 00:32 - Feb 21 with 2779 viewsAussieDale

Went to a game against Luton in the year they won promotion. I think it was in Nov 2018. Finished 0-0. His skill level in that game stood out a mile for mine. Not sure what has happened since but it doesn't sound like he's kicked on. At the time there were comments around regarding his fitness levels. Maybe an injury interrupted season has meant that is still an issue.
Dooley New Contract on 07:55 - Feb 21 with 2636 viewsCockneyDale

I'm happy with that. Aside from what others have said already, I think he has had to be used as a midfield workhorse due to injuries, coming back from an injury himself. I see him more as an impact player and I think we'll see the best of him with him used in this way.
Dooley New Contract on 09:05 - Feb 21 with 2536 viewsJPSDale

Dooley has talent, but lacks in the work and bravery departments - at 28 he should be a solid performer, hes not. Hes inconsistent and defensively poor, too often giving the ball away cheaply. Hes had 18 month to get up to speed with Pro football, and IMO hes not made it
With the recruitment of Lund and the likes of Baah, Tavares and Bradley coming through I would have preferred to see him move on at the end of the season
Dooley New Contract on 10:09 - Feb 21 with 2442 viewsscooby

not overly excited... a big issue i have with him is his inability to play balls forward of a player to allow them to run on to (Luke being a main target), however i cant work out if this is Dooley or direction from BBM as it seems a key issue across the team
Dooley New Contract on 11:33 - Feb 21 with 2319 viewsAtThePeake

Dooley New Contract on 00:32 - Feb 21 by AussieDale

Went to a game against Luton in the year they won promotion. I think it was in Nov 2018. Finished 0-0. His skill level in that game stood out a mile for mine. Not sure what has happened since but it doesn't sound like he's kicked on. At the time there were comments around regarding his fitness levels. Maybe an injury interrupted season has meant that is still an issue.

A few opposition fans who I have spoken to after games this season have singled out Dooley for praise, I think for a similar reason to you. His technical ability is clearly there and perhaps that stands out at times - but when you're watching him every week you do notice how often he is pushed off the ball with ease or chooses the simple option in turning away from a defender and passing inside rather than trying to beat them. There is a player there, but too many games pass him by at the moment. A bit of consistency and confidence and he could be a better player for us.

Tangled up in blue.

Dooley New Contract on 17:14 - Feb 21 with 2068 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dooley New Contract on 11:33 - Feb 21 by AtThePeake

A few opposition fans who I have spoken to after games this season have singled out Dooley for praise, I think for a similar reason to you. His technical ability is clearly there and perhaps that stands out at times - but when you're watching him every week you do notice how often he is pushed off the ball with ease or chooses the simple option in turning away from a defender and passing inside rather than trying to beat them. There is a player there, but too many games pass him by at the moment. A bit of consistency and confidence and he could be a better player for us.

Looks like BBM read your comment about S Dooley, quoting.. "attracting a lot more interest from opposition Managers and supporters"?

Let's hope BBM's faith in SD is fully rewarded with some better performances.
Dooley New Contract on 18:17 - Feb 21 with 1980 viewsDaleiLama

Dooley New Contract on 09:05 - Feb 21 by JPSDale

Dooley has talent, but lacks in the work and bravery departments - at 28 he should be a solid performer, hes not. Hes inconsistent and defensively poor, too often giving the ball away cheaply. Hes had 18 month to get up to speed with Pro football, and IMO hes not made it
With the recruitment of Lund and the likes of Baah, Tavares and Bradley coming through I would have preferred to see him move on at the end of the season

Looks like BBM wants Tavares to get game-time elsewhere in the short term

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024