Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to Fury 08:10 - Feb 23 with 2626 viewsD_Alien

I didn't pay the £27.50 BT Sport were asking for live coverage, but sounds like it would've been a great watch

Tremendous sporting comeback from Tyson Fury, by all accounts never took a step backwards against Wilder and the glory of being crowned World Champion again after being in the pits is a great real-life story. Shows what can happen when you're prepared to give it a shot, and after yesterday no finer example of how to succeed with positive self-belief

Expect a rematch, and possible reunification of titles against Joshua

[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 8:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hats off to Fury on 08:13 - Feb 23 with 2613 viewsnordenblue

Dont see a need for a 3rd fight such was the dominance, hes been to America twice and Wilder still cant beat him,in fact he hardly laid a glove on him this last fight.
Theres only one fight for Fury now and that's Joshua but if I was him I'd be keeping well clear of Fury for a while after his recent performance,he'll destroy AJ on that form.
Hats off to Fury on 08:19 - Feb 23 with 2602 viewsD_Alien

Hats off to Fury on 08:13 - Feb 23 by nordenblue

Dont see a need for a 3rd fight such was the dominance, hes been to America twice and Wilder still cant beat him,in fact he hardly laid a glove on him this last fight.
Theres only one fight for Fury now and that's Joshua but if I was him I'd be keeping well clear of Fury for a while after his recent performance,he'll destroy AJ on that form.

Depends if Wilder has the stomach for it, but i agree there's no question of who's the top man

Did you watch, nb? If BT offer it at a much lower price i'd bite, even with (or especially with) the outcome known

Hats off to Fury on 11:52 - Feb 23 with 2356 viewsfrenzied

Can see it on you tube...Wilder looks all over the place from round 4 to be honest
Hats off to Fury on 12:21 - Feb 23 with 2316 viewsD_Alien

Hats off to Fury on 11:52 - Feb 23 by frenzied

Can see it on you tube...Wilder looks all over the place from round 4 to be honest

Sensational performance, cheers

Hats off to Fury on 12:59 - Feb 23 with 2272 viewsdiver

I wonder if he would be available for us for rest of season?would be useful up front!!
Hats off to Fury on 13:24 - Feb 23 with 2222 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wilder ......" the most dangerous puncher in the game"........my arse!

Wish we had that ref at San Spotty yesterday, better than that tosser (yet again) that the FA keep serving us up with.
Hats off to Fury on 16:12 - Feb 23 with 2085 viewsmikehunt

Well I havent watched pro heavyweight boxing for some time now but thanks to the link I watched this. Fury was impressive: but licking Wilders blood!!!??? That's put me right off again. I'm sticking to Olympic bouts for my boxing fixes.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hats off to Fury on 17:10 - Feb 23 with 2026 viewsD_Alien

Hats off to Fury on 16:12 - Feb 23 by mikehunt

Well I havent watched pro heavyweight boxing for some time now but thanks to the link I watched this. Fury was impressive: but licking Wilders blood!!!??? That's put me right off again. I'm sticking to Olympic bouts for my boxing fixes.

That was just Fury playing up to the crowd! He'd shit-talked about "tasting Wilder's blood" in the build up, then just wagged his tongue when the blood appeared

Tasteless... as one might say, but that's pro boxing and it's about the human endeavour to be top of the pile at great personal risk that fascinates me (with great rewards for those with the ability, of course)

Login to get fewer ads

Hats off to Fury on 00:42 - Feb 24 with 1865 viewsSandyman

Watched the Youtube footage and Fury was the deserved winner. Not a great Heavyweight champ by any means but he won fair and square with solid boxing. He'll be the daddy for 12 months then Joshua will mash him I reckon.
Hats off to Fury on 10:42 - Feb 24 with 1702 viewssweetcorn

Hats off to Fury on 00:42 - Feb 24 by Sandyman

Watched the Youtube footage and Fury was the deserved winner. Not a great Heavyweight champ by any means but he won fair and square with solid boxing. He'll be the daddy for 12 months then Joshua will mash him I reckon.

How is fury not a great HW champion? His size paired with technical ability would make him a nightmare for any ATG heavyweight.

He boxed smart on Saturday, marching forward, closing the distance and negating the only weapon wilder has, the straight right hand. The 2/3 punch combos followed by the clinch where he then leaned every bit of his 19 stone on wilder left him exhausted within 2 rounds, it was only a matter of time from there.

Don’t think Joshua has the tools to beat fury, I think it’d be a closer fight than the wilder one, as Joshua at least possesses fundamental boxing skills unlike wilder, but I think it’d be a similar dismantling, just a couple of rounds later.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hats off to Fury on 12:38 - Feb 24 with 1625 viewsfunkkk

Hats off to Fury on 10:42 - Feb 24 by sweetcorn

How is fury not a great HW champion? His size paired with technical ability would make him a nightmare for any ATG heavyweight.

He boxed smart on Saturday, marching forward, closing the distance and negating the only weapon wilder has, the straight right hand. The 2/3 punch combos followed by the clinch where he then leaned every bit of his 19 stone on wilder left him exhausted within 2 rounds, it was only a matter of time from there.

Don’t think Joshua has the tools to beat fury, I think it’d be a closer fight than the wilder one, as Joshua at least possesses fundamental boxing skills unlike wilder, but I think it’d be a similar dismantling, just a couple of rounds later.

Guess it depends on what you consider constitutes a great heavyweight. Is winning the belts enough or does it need to be done in a particular style? FWIW I think he beats AJ if that fight gets made and surely then has to be considered a great.
Hats off to Fury on 20:19 - Feb 24 with 1464 viewsfrenzied

I think Fury’s a nailed on certainty for the SPOTY award already
Hats off to Fury on 20:52 - Feb 24 with 1435 viewsD_Alien

Hats off to Fury on 20:19 - Feb 24 by frenzied

I think Fury’s a nailed on certainty for the SPOTY award already

Good shout

Hats off to Fury on 21:36 - Feb 24 with 1415 viewsnordenblue

Hats off to Fury on 12:38 - Feb 24 by funkkk

Guess it depends on what you consider constitutes a great heavyweight. Is winning the belts enough or does it need to be done in a particular style? FWIW I think he beats AJ if that fight gets made and surely then has to be considered a great.

The thing with Fury is he doesn't have a particular style and as shown against Wilder hes VERY unpredictable, I used to hate the sight of Fury but once you take away all the bollox that comes out his mouth which is purely to sell tickets and ruffle feathers, theres a tremendous boxing brain in there and his hand speed you'll struggle to match from ANY heavyweight on the planet.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 22:46]
Hats off to Fury on 21:37 - Feb 24 with 1412 viewsnordenblue

Hats off to Fury on 08:19 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

Depends if Wilder has the stomach for it, but i agree there's no question of who's the top man

Did you watch, nb? If BT offer it at a much lower price i'd bite, even with (or especially with) the outcome known

I watched the full fight just after it happened and was stunned by his performance, not as much as Wilder appeared to be though, he got schooled for 7 rounds
Hats off to Fury on 07:58 - Feb 25 with 1306 viewsNigeriamark

Hats off to Fury on 21:37 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

I watched the full fight just after it happened and was stunned by his performance, not as much as Wilder appeared to be though, he got schooled for 7 rounds

He’s saying he lost because the costume he was wearing to come into the ring was too heavy and that’s why his legs had gone by round 3!!!
Hats off to Fury on 10:00 - Feb 25 with 1233 viewsTomRAFC

Wilder has a big punch in him but is lacking as an all round boxer. Fury knew this and capitalised on it.

Whether this is the start of a longer term period of dominance for Fury or an exciting flurry remains to be seen.

Wilder should probably have lost the first fight on points anyway. There is no need for a third fight.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hats off to Fury on 14:56 - Feb 25 with 1135 viewsnordenblue

Hats off to Fury on 07:58 - Feb 25 by Nigeriamark

He’s saying he lost because the costume he was wearing to come into the ring was too heavy and that’s why his legs had gone by round 3!!!

I'd guess it's more to do with the 19.5 stone he had swinging off him when Fury kept grabbing hold after every few punches landed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024