Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus 10:39 - Mar 4 with 75110 viewselectricblue

With the spread of this illness what are the chances of games getting called postponed and the season not being completed.....

What would the financial knock on effect be to lower league clubs.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coronavirus on 12:49 - Mar 4 with 11989 viewsblackdogblue

I’m sure I read somewhere Boris has a plan..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Coronavirus on 13:42 - Mar 4 with 11918 views100569

He always has plans not necessarily the right ones
Coronavirus on 18:48 - Mar 4 with 11719 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 13:42 - Mar 4 by 100569

He always has plans not necessarily the right ones

He said yesterday he had shaken hands with corona sufferers, but he hadn’t . If it comes out of his mouth, it’s a lie

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 19:06 - Mar 4 with 11698 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 18:48 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

He said yesterday he had shaken hands with corona sufferers, but he hadn’t . If it comes out of his mouth, it’s a lie

Sure another pm lied about weapons of mass destruction!

On the Chinese manufactured virus that escaped, I guess nobody knows. It could be like bird flu or could be really nasty and country could grind to a halt.

My guess is somewhere in between but who honestly knows

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coronavirus on 20:50 - Mar 4 with 11594 viewssince58

only if therse a crowd, so game on.
Coronavirus on 21:07 - Mar 4 with 11571 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 19:06 - Mar 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

On the Chinese manufactured virus that escaped, I guess nobody knows. It could be like bird flu or could be really nasty and country could grind to a halt.

Well you seem to know the Chinese manufactured it, so how come you don’t know what’s going to happen, oh and I dislike Tony Blair as much as BJ

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 21:19 - Mar 4 with 11545 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 21:07 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

Well you seem to know the Chinese manufactured it, so how come you don’t know what’s going to happen, oh and I dislike Tony Blair as much as BJ

Had boris shook hands with someone with a contagious virus, as leader of the country, you would have called him out as irresponsible.

Hey let’s not let a virus get in the way of politics though!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coronavirus on 22:10 - Mar 4 with 11495 viewsmingthemerciless

Coronavirus on 18:48 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

He doesn't know what the truth is, he's a congenital liar.

" Private Eye " has a good cover today. Johnson and his girlfriend are walking arm in arm.

His girlfriend is saying " It's your No 10 baby ".

Johnson says " Is it, I lost count at 8...."

She replies " And we're getting married ".

He says " Yes - we can't have another bastard in Downing Street ".
Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on 22:29 - Mar 4 with 11464 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 22:10 - Mar 4 by mingthemerciless

He doesn't know what the truth is, he's a congenital liar.

" Private Eye " has a good cover today. Johnson and his girlfriend are walking arm in arm.

His girlfriend is saying " It's your No 10 baby ".

Johnson says " Is it, I lost count at 8...."

She replies " And we're getting married ".

He says " Yes - we can't have another bastard in Downing Street ".

They will probably be old enough to be elected before those useless communist turds get their act together!

Coronavirus on 23:22 - Mar 4 with 11413 viewsSandyDrum

Does every single thread have to turn into a political argument?
Have a day off.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Coronavirus on 10:00 - Mar 5 with 11162 viewsD_Alien

The media have a lot to answer for, not least in trying to politicise it, as per SandyDrum's point

There's always a tendency to focus on "worst case scenarios" to achieve lurid headlines. They demand to know what contingency plans are being drawn up, and then use those plans to attack the government. It's infantile, but attracts those with political axes to grind with the results we see above

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 11:12 - Mar 5 with 11096 viewsEllDale

Until recently I wasn't aware that thousands of people die annually from influenza.
I knew that pneumonia was often cited as the cause of death, especially in older people, but not flu.
Coronavirus on 11:45 - Mar 5 with 11060 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 21:19 - Mar 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

Had boris shook hands with someone with a contagious virus, as leader of the country, you would have called him out as irresponsible.

Hey let’s not let a virus get in the way of politics though!

I hope he touches as many infected hands as possible, but he said he had, and he hadn’t.that was my point, your comments are pointless, as I clearly didn’t make any comment about the wisdom of shaking hands. Been looking into your claim that the people of Wuhan manufactured this virus, American virus experts say that is catagorically untrue. I guess they don’t read as widely as yourself. Is the earth still flat?

Coronavirus on 12:11 - Mar 5 with 11038 viewsrobtheb

"Worst case sinarios" always make headlines.

Why don't they tell us when announcing the number of new cases in the country, how many of the total have now recovered.
I believe it only lasts 3-4 days....but I could be wrong.

Might just stop people panicking.
Coronavirus on 12:13 - Mar 5 with 11032 viewsrobtheb

Sorry meant Scenarios
Coronavirus on 12:28 - Mar 5 with 11001 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coronavirus on 19:06 - Mar 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

You appear to be number 4.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/what-fkwitted-opinions-about-coronavi

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Coronavirus on 13:15 - Mar 5 with 10906 viewsjudd

Coronavirus on 11:45 - Mar 5 by rochdaleriddler

I hope he touches as many infected hands as possible, but he said he had, and he hadn’t.that was my point, your comments are pointless, as I clearly didn’t make any comment about the wisdom of shaking hands. Been looking into your claim that the people of Wuhan manufactured this virus, American virus experts say that is catagorically untrue. I guess they don’t read as widely as yourself. Is the earth still flat?

The appeal of the flat earth society has gone global.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Coronavirus on 13:39 - Mar 5 with 10872 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 12:11 - Mar 5 by robtheb

"Worst case sinarios" always make headlines.

Why don't they tell us when announcing the number of new cases in the country, how many of the total have now recovered.
I believe it only lasts 3-4 days....but I could be wrong.

Might just stop people panicking.

Some people will panic regardless, as it's in their nature. Others will contextualise based on the information available.

There are now 89 cases in the UK and to date, no deaths yet. Italy has 3000+ cases and >100 deaths. The totals to date globally are 95,300 cases and 3200 deaths.

It's obviously highly contagious. The chief medical officer has said it's likely there will now be an epidemic. The old, young and people with some medical conditions are at greatest risk from fatalities. There will undoubtedly be fatalities here. This is a novel virus so every government and health authority is learning on the job.

The quarantine of 14 days suggest a longer isolation period for the symptoms persisting (or at least being contagious) needs to be observed.

I am no expert medically, but there will be implications of trying to limit the spreading of the virus. In Italy (my parent company is Italian) schools, theatres, cinemas, sporting events, the opera, museums etc have all been temporarily closed.

Transport is probably next to be affected (i.e. movement of goods). This will probably lead to some shortages of some commodities. All my customers are asking about it. The economy has already and will continue to be affected by it. Wuhan was like a ghost town and a quick glance at the FTSE will tell you all you need to know about the expected effect on profitability (travel industry will suffer and Flybe is linked to this in part).

I don't think whatever you say will stop people panicking. As Shun said on another thread, hundreds of thousands a year die of flu. One thing I would like to know is how contagious and virulent it is compared to most strains of flu. If it's an order of magnitude greater then that is a very real concern. Panicking won't stop it though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus on 13:49 - Mar 5 with 10834 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 13:39 - Mar 5 by DaleiLama

Some people will panic regardless, as it's in their nature. Others will contextualise based on the information available.

There are now 89 cases in the UK and to date, no deaths yet. Italy has 3000+ cases and >100 deaths. The totals to date globally are 95,300 cases and 3200 deaths.

It's obviously highly contagious. The chief medical officer has said it's likely there will now be an epidemic. The old, young and people with some medical conditions are at greatest risk from fatalities. There will undoubtedly be fatalities here. This is a novel virus so every government and health authority is learning on the job.

The quarantine of 14 days suggest a longer isolation period for the symptoms persisting (or at least being contagious) needs to be observed.

I am no expert medically, but there will be implications of trying to limit the spreading of the virus. In Italy (my parent company is Italian) schools, theatres, cinemas, sporting events, the opera, museums etc have all been temporarily closed.

Transport is probably next to be affected (i.e. movement of goods). This will probably lead to some shortages of some commodities. All my customers are asking about it. The economy has already and will continue to be affected by it. Wuhan was like a ghost town and a quick glance at the FTSE will tell you all you need to know about the expected effect on profitability (travel industry will suffer and Flybe is linked to this in part).

I don't think whatever you say will stop people panicking. As Shun said on another thread, hundreds of thousands a year die of flu. One thing I would like to know is how contagious and virulent it is compared to most strains of flu. If it's an order of magnitude greater then that is a very real concern. Panicking won't stop it though.

It's true, there are those who panic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51731422

Not sure why the BBC needs to ask why?

Coronavirus on 13:53 - Mar 5 with 10836 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 13:49 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

It's true, there are those who panic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51731422

Not sure why the BBC needs to ask why?

I all but p1ssed myself at this tweet

"If you are one of the people who has panic-bought a 6-month supply of toilet paper I think you should go home and look at your enormous pile of toilet paper and think about what you’ve done."

Spose there'll be lots of happy puppies there though.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:54]

Coronavirus on 13:57 - Mar 5 with 10803 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 13:53 - Mar 5 by DaleiLama

I all but p1ssed myself at this tweet

"If you are one of the people who has panic-bought a 6-month supply of toilet paper I think you should go home and look at your enormous pile of toilet paper and think about what you’ve done."

Spose there'll be lots of happy puppies there though.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:54]

They'll be stockpiling puppies in case they run out of steaks for their barbies

Coronavirus on 16:35 - Mar 5 with 10700 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 13:39 - Mar 5 by DaleiLama

As someone with a long term chronic illness, I am concerned. I certainly don’t want to catch it, but I’m not panicking as that won’t help. I have ensured I have enough food in the house to last a couple of weeks, but aside from washing my hands more not sure what else I can do. Saw my first mask wearer in the supermarket earlier, I thought I was in downtown Wuhan.

Coronavirus on 17:42 - Mar 5 with 10635 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 16:35 - Mar 5 by rochdaleriddler

As someone with a long term chronic illness, I am concerned. I certainly don’t want to catch it, but I’m not panicking as that won’t help. I have ensured I have enough food in the house to last a couple of weeks, but aside from washing my hands more not sure what else I can do. Saw my first mask wearer in the supermarket earlier, I thought I was in downtown Wuhan.

I'm not unconcerned myself RR. I have asthma and had pneumonia earlier this year and still have some residual symptoms from this. There's really little you can do about not catching it though, apart from washing your hands when you are out and about and not getting too close to others from what I can gather? I heard that masks reduce the chance of passing it on, but not catching it.

Do you have the flu jab every year? I do but I've still caught flu previously too! There are no guarantees in life!

Coronavirus on 17:57 - Mar 5 with 10598 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 17:42 - Mar 5 by DaleiLama

I'm not unconcerned myself RR. I have asthma and had pneumonia earlier this year and still have some residual symptoms from this. There's really little you can do about not catching it though, apart from washing your hands when you are out and about and not getting too close to others from what I can gather? I heard that masks reduce the chance of passing it on, but not catching it.

Do you have the flu jab every year? I do but I've still caught flu previously too! There are no guarantees in life!

I do have the flu jab, and haven’t had flu for ages, well man flu maybe!

Coronavirus on 18:48 - Mar 5 with 10528 viewsArthurDaley

Sadly one old dear has died, at 75 she had underlining health problems. So according to one article I saw , only another 499,999 to go.

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024