Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus 10:39 - Mar 4 with 75086 viewselectricblue

With the spread of this illness what are the chances of games getting called postponed and the season not being completed.....

What would the financial knock on effect be to lower league clubs.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coronavirus on 13:57 - Mar 16 with 2961 viewsjonesy

We get planes flying over us to Shanghai and Beijing regularly. Is there no control on passengers to and from China?
Coronavirus on 14:05 - Mar 16 with 2927 views49thseason

Coronavirus on 08:38 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Yes, look how that’s worked out for Italy...the only help they have received is from China. The bloc of EU Countries are all closing their own borders aren’t they ?

The Chinese sent a planeload of doctors and supplies 24 hours later and a wagon load arrived two days after that. So far Italy has had nothing from any EU country to try and help.
Coronavirus on 15:31 - Mar 16 with 2821 viewsEllGazzell

Coronavirus on 20:18 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-doors-slam-shut-across-borderless-europe-as

What did you think i meant?

Aha sorry.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Coronavirus on 15:39 - Mar 16 with 2803 viewsEllGazzell

Coronavirus on 14:05 - Mar 16 by 49thseason

The Chinese sent a planeload of doctors and supplies 24 hours later and a wagon load arrived two days after that. So far Italy has had nothing from any EU country to try and help.

I know, it's almost as if it's not a federalised superstate where countries can course their own path wielding their own sov-er-in-ty.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Coronavirus on 19:55 - Mar 16 with 2490 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Honestly, everything on this site has to turn to fcking politics, it’s not, nobody knows how to deal with this fully and as usual the nhs etc comes into it.

Some of the remain/labour guys need to wake up, I have no idea if boris is doing a good job, and not does anyone fully, but cheap point scoring is of sod all help.

I would prefer to view the posts where we help each other out rather than try to blame someone!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coronavirus on 20:59 - Mar 16 with 2379 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Coronavirus on 19:55 - Mar 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

Honestly, everything on this site has to turn to fcking politics, it’s not, nobody knows how to deal with this fully and as usual the nhs etc comes into it.

Some of the remain/labour guys need to wake up, I have no idea if boris is doing a good job, and not does anyone fully, but cheap point scoring is of sod all help.

I would prefer to view the posts where we help each other out rather than try to blame someone!

Spot on Thax........this is a National, InterNational nay Global disaster we are witnessing.
People are and will die because the World is totally unprepared for this decease.

Not a time for bickering and points scoring......time to get our collective heads together and get this sorted.
Coronavirus on 23:07 - Mar 16 with 2210 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just reading that frontline NHS staff have not got the correct protective gear, we have way too few intensive care beds, no resources to up testing regimes. Thousands of nhs vacancies infilled.All political failures. France is cancelling rent,fuel bills etc to help people stay at home. Denmark is funding businesses so they can pay their staff. Positive political decisions.
You are right, just having an moan’ isn’t productive, neither is just saying no one knows how to deal with this , so cut Boris some slack. Other countries experiences should have prepared us better than this

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 23:23 - Mar 16 with 2193 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 23:07 - Mar 16 by rochdaleriddler

Just reading that frontline NHS staff have not got the correct protective gear, we have way too few intensive care beds, no resources to up testing regimes. Thousands of nhs vacancies infilled.All political failures. France is cancelling rent,fuel bills etc to help people stay at home. Denmark is funding businesses so they can pay their staff. Positive political decisions.
You are right, just having an moan’ isn’t productive, neither is just saying no one knows how to deal with this , so cut Boris some slack. Other countries experiences should have prepared us better than this

I rarely lower myself, but you are a complete tvvat.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on 05:35 - Mar 17 with 2058 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Coronavirus on 23:23 - Mar 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

Why, because he has pointed out the truth, and positive ideas of how to help individuals and businesses?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Coronavirus on 08:34 - Mar 17 with 1962 viewsDaleiLama

For anyone who hasn't seen it ……..

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus on 09:21 - Mar 17 with 1886 viewsQuigley_dale

Coronavirus on 23:23 - Mar 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 9:22]
Coronavirus on 10:04 - Mar 17 with 1806 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 09:21 - Mar 17 by Quigley_dale

[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 9:22]

What have you deleted

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 10:26 - Mar 17 with 1771 viewsBlueMessiah

Bit confused as to how the 14 day household isolation plan is supposed to work.
If one of my kids comes home with the symptoms then we isolate the whole household for 14 days. Does that mean the rest of the household should try to catch the virus and then ride it out for the 14 days? If not then presumably once 14 days is up and we all go back out into the big bad world any of us who hasn't yet been infected can then bring the virus home again and then we have to isolate another 14 days.....and so on.
Any thoughts?

Poll: Do I Know You?

Coronavirus on 10:42 - Mar 17 with 1734 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 10:26 - Mar 17 by BlueMessiah

If one of my kids comes home with the symptoms then we isolate the whole household for 14 days. Does that mean the rest of the household should try to catch the virus and then ride it out for the 14 days? If not then presumably once 14 days is up and we all go back out into the big bad world any of us who hasn't yet been infected can then bring the virus home again and then we have to isolate another 14 days.....and so on.
Any thoughts?

My understanding is that if you are on your tod and have it with symptoms, you should self-isolate and develop immunity/no longer pass it on after 7 days. If you are in contact with someone who has it (same household) you need to allow 7 days to catch it and 7 days to be free of it, i.e. 14 days "quarantine".

https://www.hhs.gov/answers/public-health-and-safety/what-is-the-difference-betw
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 10:44]

Coronavirus on 10:47 - Mar 17 with 1707 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 10:26 - Mar 17 by BlueMessiah

Any thoughts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-51919810/coronavirus-your-questions-answere

There's an answer around the 7 minute mark. It appears to be expected that all members of the family will become infected (not all will have the same level of symptoms - i might add), but it's a damn good question and should have been more widely explained

Edit: just seen DL's reply, the same
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 10:50]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 10:52 - Mar 17 with 1700 viewsDaleiLama

Probably nsfw.

Coronavirus on 10:59 - Mar 17 with 1682 viewsmingthemerciless

If we'd have adopted that attitude in 1940 Neville Chamberlain would still have stayed on as Prime Minster. Fortunately " Politics" reared it's ugly head and Chamberlain was fired and Churchill was appointed.

We're in a war situation now and the sooner we all realise it the better. If, and at the moment I only say if, things are going wrong at the top then things will have to change.
Coronavirus on 11:07 - Mar 17 with 1654 viewsrochdaleriddler

This social distancing isn’t working, I’ve just been knocked out of the way (difficult as I weigh over 19st) by some meathead scrambling for toilet roll in littleborough Lidl!!

Coronavirus on 11:13 - Mar 17 with 1618 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 11:07 - Mar 17 by rochdaleriddler

This social distancing isn’t working, I’ve just been knocked out of the way (difficult as I weigh over 19st) by some meathead scrambling for toilet roll in littleborough Lidl!!

Have you shat your way through your stockpile already?

Coronavirus on 11:19 - Mar 17 with 1600 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 10:59 - Mar 17 by mingthemerciless

If we'd have adopted that attitude in 1940 Neville Chamberlain would still have stayed on as Prime Minster. Fortunately " Politics" reared it's ugly head and Chamberlain was fired and Churchill was appointed.

We're in a war situation now and the sooner we all realise it the better. If, and at the moment I only say if, things are going wrong at the top then things will have to change.

I agree with your overall point, but what isn't helpful is unnecessarily inflammatory remarks or perhaps political remarks which hark back to other issues such as Brexit, as happened yesterday

If people wish to express genuine concerns, that's simply natural, but it'd be better if it stayed relevant to the issue and to be seen not to be "point scoring" for the sake of it. Indeed, that's how the change for the better happened in 1940
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 11:19]

Coronavirus on 11:28 - Mar 17 with 1573 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

How about a poll (one for James perhaps)...
3 choices-
1 total lockdown until further notice
2 partial lockdown
3 carry on as normal.
Controversial, moi?
Coronavirus on 11:36 - Mar 17 with 1546 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 11:13 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

Have you shat your way through your stockpile already?

Lol no,I was getting my elderly parents, and Nurse daughter some. I got 2 packs. More importantly in the co-op two pizzas and 4 morreti for £5. Bargain

Coronavirus on 11:43 - Mar 17 with 1519 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 11:36 - Mar 17 by rochdaleriddler

Lol no,I was getting my elderly parents, and Nurse daughter some. I got 2 packs. More importantly in the co-op two pizzas and 4 morreti for £5. Bargain

Breakfast!

Coronavirus on 11:44 - Mar 17 with 1521 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 11:19 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

I agree with your overall point, but what isn't helpful is unnecessarily inflammatory remarks or perhaps political remarks which hark back to other issues such as Brexit, as happened yesterday

If people wish to express genuine concerns, that's simply natural, but it'd be better if it stayed relevant to the issue and to be seen not to be "point scoring" for the sake of it. Indeed, that's how the change for the better happened in 1940
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 11:19]

I agree, the points about support for business, workers, the NHS , the rapid change of tack with the Herd immunity are not point scoring, they are legitimate concerns. Indeed it’s not party political, I see Rory Stewart and other Tories are also critical, but now everyone needs to stay safe, and look after family friends and neighbours. I just pray, and I’m an atheist that we have shops, pubs and footie teams to patronise when the worst of this is over.

Coronavirus on 11:47 - Mar 17 with 1509 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 11:43 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

Breakfast!

Ha, I’m on a low carb diet, and booze is just for weekends, mind you these are strange times I may suspend all this for as long as this thing carries on, I only have about 12 bottles of gin though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024