Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus 10:39 - Mar 4 with 75084 viewselectricblue

With the spread of this illness what are the chances of games getting called postponed and the season not being completed.....

What would the financial knock on effect be to lower league clubs.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coronavirus on 16:24 - Mar 18 with 2340 views442Dale

To whoever it may concern:

Give it a rest.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coronavirus on 16:38 - Mar 18 with 2298 viewsJames1980

This conspiracy theory BS is making the situation worse.
People are dying and many more will unless we get an effing grip.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Coronavirus on 17:09 - Mar 18 with 2253 viewsJumeirahDale

The mortality rates, whether 1% or 3% and leading to deaths of 20,000 or 500,000, also need to be considered alongside the deaths from all the other causes which will no doubt be exacerbated by the intense strain under which the healthcare systems in every country will be put under. It is another thing to consider when the "but what about flu" argument comes up - flu isn't taking a break during all this, and neither are pneumonia, diabetes, heart disease etc. etc. - it has been widely reported that doctors in Italy are having to make heartbreaking decisions about who receives treatment and who doesn't. And we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of what a shortage in medical supplies is going to do to us.
Coronavirus on 17:46 - Mar 18 with 2197 viewsrichfoad32

Coronavirus on 17:09 - Mar 18 by JumeirahDale

The mortality rates, whether 1% or 3% and leading to deaths of 20,000 or 500,000, also need to be considered alongside the deaths from all the other causes which will no doubt be exacerbated by the intense strain under which the healthcare systems in every country will be put under. It is another thing to consider when the "but what about flu" argument comes up - flu isn't taking a break during all this, and neither are pneumonia, diabetes, heart disease etc. etc. - it has been widely reported that doctors in Italy are having to make heartbreaking decisions about who receives treatment and who doesn't. And we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of what a shortage in medical supplies is going to do to us.

I haven't seen a great deal of evidence of the mass panic buying but I did notice earlier in the supermarket that a lot of people's trolleys were full of the usual crap, crisps, biscuits, cakes, big bottles of fizzy drink...It seems that whilst a lot of people are working themselves into a frenzy over a virus, they don't seem to give a rats ass about their general health. With hospitals expected to be put under immense strain for the foreseeable future, surely it's time for people to start taking a bit of responsibility for their own health?
Coronavirus on 17:59 - Mar 18 with 2173 views442Dale

Schools closing:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51952314

Looks likely they’ll be closed until summer with no exams. Taking that thought process across to football, you’d think it would be unlikely this season could be finished until the autumn at the earliest. If we are a month or two into a new season this time next year, it’ll be a real positive.

Lives are already changing. We’ve all got a part to play, have a think about others where we can and it’ll be slightly easier to deal with.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 18:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coronavirus on 18:09 - Mar 18 with 2145 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 17:46 - Mar 18 by richfoad32

I haven't seen a great deal of evidence of the mass panic buying but I did notice earlier in the supermarket that a lot of people's trolleys were full of the usual crap, crisps, biscuits, cakes, big bottles of fizzy drink...It seems that whilst a lot of people are working themselves into a frenzy over a virus, they don't seem to give a rats ass about their general health. With hospitals expected to be put under immense strain for the foreseeable future, surely it's time for people to start taking a bit of responsibility for their own health?

Incredibly important point, well said

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 18:17 - Mar 18 with 2123 views49thseason

Some better news, it seems as though there is already a Japanese drug which is effective against CV.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effectiv

For those of you who understand this stuff...
Favipiravir, also known as T-705, Avigan, or favilavir is an antiviral drug being developed by Toyama Chemical (Fujifilm group) of Japan with activity against many RNA viruses. In February 2020 Favipiravir was being studied in China for experimental treatment of the emergent COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) disease.[1][2] On March 17 it was found to be effective in treating the infection in two trials in Wuhan and Shenzhen.[3][4] Like certain other experimental antiviral drugs (T-1105 and T-1106), it is a pyrazinecarboxamide derivative. Favipiravir is also active against influenza viruses, West Nile virus, yellow fever virus, foot-and-mouth disease virus as well as other flaviviruses, arenaviruses, bunyaviruses and alphaviruses.[5] Activity against enteroviruses[6] and Rift Valley fever virus has also been demonstrated.[7] Favipiravir has showed limited efficacy against Zika virus in animal studies, but was less effective than other antivirals such as MK-608.[8] The agent has also shown some efficacy against rabies,[9] and has been used experimentally in some humans infected with the virus.[10]

The mechanism of its actions is thought to be related to the selective inhibition of viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase.[11] Other research suggests that favipiravir induces lethal RNA transversion mutations, producing a nonviable viral phenotype.[12] Favipiravir is a prodrug that is metabolized to its active form, favipiravir-ribofuranosyl-5'-triphosphate (favipiravir-RTP), available in both oral and intravenous formulations.[13][14] Human hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT) is believed to play a key role in this activation process.[15] Favipiravir does not inhibit RNA or DNA synthesis in mammalian cells and is not toxic to them.[5] In 2014, favipiravir was approved in Japan for stockpiling against influenza pandemics.[16] However, favipiravir has not been shown to be effective in primary human airway cells, casting doubt on its efficacy in influenza treatment.[17]
Coronavirus on 18:22 - Mar 18 with 2115 viewskiwidale

Coronavirus on 18:17 - Mar 18 by 49thseason

Some better news, it seems as though there is already a Japanese drug which is effective against CV.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effectiv

For those of you who understand this stuff...
Favipiravir, also known as T-705, Avigan, or favilavir is an antiviral drug being developed by Toyama Chemical (Fujifilm group) of Japan with activity against many RNA viruses. In February 2020 Favipiravir was being studied in China for experimental treatment of the emergent COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) disease.[1][2] On March 17 it was found to be effective in treating the infection in two trials in Wuhan and Shenzhen.[3][4] Like certain other experimental antiviral drugs (T-1105 and T-1106), it is a pyrazinecarboxamide derivative. Favipiravir is also active against influenza viruses, West Nile virus, yellow fever virus, foot-and-mouth disease virus as well as other flaviviruses, arenaviruses, bunyaviruses and alphaviruses.[5] Activity against enteroviruses[6] and Rift Valley fever virus has also been demonstrated.[7] Favipiravir has showed limited efficacy against Zika virus in animal studies, but was less effective than other antivirals such as MK-608.[8] The agent has also shown some efficacy against rabies,[9] and has been used experimentally in some humans infected with the virus.[10]

The mechanism of its actions is thought to be related to the selective inhibition of viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase.[11] Other research suggests that favipiravir induces lethal RNA transversion mutations, producing a nonviable viral phenotype.[12] Favipiravir is a prodrug that is metabolized to its active form, favipiravir-ribofuranosyl-5'-triphosphate (favipiravir-RTP), available in both oral and intravenous formulations.[13][14] Human hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT) is believed to play a key role in this activation process.[15] Favipiravir does not inhibit RNA or DNA synthesis in mammalian cells and is not toxic to them.[5] In 2014, favipiravir was approved in Japan for stockpiling against influenza pandemics.[16] However, favipiravir has not been shown to be effective in primary human airway cells, casting doubt on its efficacy in influenza treatment.[17]

" In February 2020 Favipiravir was being studied in China for experimental treatment of the emergent COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) disease.[1][2] On March 17 it was found to be effective in treating the infection in two trials in Wuhan and Shenzhen."

What a coincidence... uncanny

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on 19:02 - Mar 18 with 2044 viewsMoonyDale

Coronavirus on 17:46 - Mar 18 by richfoad32

Not been on here for a few months due to ill health, just starting to feel like my old self....Went shopping this morning and only Aldi had a pretty much full store apart from Toilet roll...Every other store I visited had no tinned goods, rice pasta all gone. very low on frozen food in Iceland Morrisons and Asda. Sainsburys didn't have a tin on the shelves...Get home at lunch time only to be floored by a headache, high temp, coughing and sore throat..Contacted 111 to be told to self isolate for 7 days as I live alone...Took Cocodamol, vit D3 and took myself off to bed...Hoping it's just a cold/Flu and soon passes.....If it's Corona then things could be grim with underling health conditions...What a pile of shite..Stay safe peeps..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Coronavirus on 19:12 - Mar 18 with 2029 viewsTalkingSutty

Coronavirus on 19:02 - Mar 18 by MoonyDale

Not been on here for a few months due to ill health, just starting to feel like my old self....Went shopping this morning and only Aldi had a pretty much full store apart from Toilet roll...Every other store I visited had no tinned goods, rice pasta all gone. very low on frozen food in Iceland Morrisons and Asda. Sainsburys didn't have a tin on the shelves...Get home at lunch time only to be floored by a headache, high temp, coughing and sore throat..Contacted 111 to be told to self isolate for 7 days as I live alone...Took Cocodamol, vit D3 and took myself off to bed...Hoping it's just a cold/Flu and soon passes.....If it's Corona then things could be grim with underling health conditions...What a pile of shite..Stay safe peeps..

Have you got anybody to help you? If not and you need some help tomorrow with any shopping send me a PM on here.
Coronavirus on 19:24 - Mar 18 with 2007 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 19:12 - Mar 18 by TalkingSutty

Have you got anybody to help you? If not and you need some help tomorrow with any shopping send me a PM on here.

Is the mentality we should have.

Well done TS!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coronavirus on 19:33 - Mar 18 with 1994 viewskel

Started a new job this week so only just had the time to read the last few pages of this thread.

Same old knobhead, eh?
Coronavirus on 20:03 - Mar 18 with 1935 viewsMoonyDale

Thanks TS, my 2 Daughters will bring me anything I need and drop it at the door...Your kindness is much appreciated and warms the heart....Thank God there are good people out there, off to sleep for me and see what tomorrow brings....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Coronavirus on 20:24 - Mar 18 with 1899 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 20:03 - Mar 18 by MoonyDale

Thanks TS, my 2 Daughters will bring me anything I need and drop it at the door...Your kindness is much appreciated and warms the heart....Thank God there are good people out there, off to sleep for me and see what tomorrow brings....

Keep safe moony!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coronavirus on 20:30 - Mar 18 with 1892 viewsTalkingSutty

Coronavirus on 20:03 - Mar 18 by MoonyDale

That’s ok then, speedy recovery.👍
Coronavirus on 20:42 - Mar 18 with 1858 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 19:02 - Mar 18 by MoonyDale

Don't know if you are still up Moony but this from Sainsburys.

"A number of you suggested that we reserve an hour in stores for elderly and vulnerable customers. In response to this request, we will set aside the first hour in every supermarket this Thursday 19th March, for elderly and vulnerable customers. I hope that you can respect this decision and will work with us as we try our best to help those that need it the most. If you or an elderly family member, friend or neighbour would like to shop during this hour, please check online for your local supermarket opening hours. "

Other supermarkets are doing similar. It applies to family members too so your daughters should be ok - done on an honesty basis. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus on 22:54 - Mar 18 with 1708 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 20:42 - Mar 18 by DaleiLama

Don't know if you are still up Moony but this from Sainsburys.

"A number of you suggested that we reserve an hour in stores for elderly and vulnerable customers. In response to this request, we will set aside the first hour in every supermarket this Thursday 19th March, for elderly and vulnerable customers. I hope that you can respect this decision and will work with us as we try our best to help those that need it the most. If you or an elderly family member, friend or neighbour would like to shop during this hour, please check online for your local supermarket opening hours. "

Other supermarkets are doing similar. It applies to family members too so your daughters should be ok - done on an honesty basis. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.

That’s a good call DL.

Ordering shopping now is around 2 weeks wait, have just got some basic stuff ordered as Mrs is ill with a cough/cold/god knows what, luckily we had order for Friday and Sunday with different shops so amended it for more, most probably all won’t turn up as so little available.

I have to admit I ordered more than usual, but there will be those near me that won’t be able to get out or are vulnerable, so my intention is to help out if need be.

A neighbour who is an nhs nurse says it’s going to spiral in next 2 weeks and get far worse, in all ways. Anyway keep safe all!

Coronavirus on 23:02 - Mar 18 with 1685 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 22:54 - Mar 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

That’s a good call DL.

Ordering shopping now is around 2 weeks wait, have just got some basic stuff ordered as Mrs is ill with a cough/cold/god knows what, luckily we had order for Friday and Sunday with different shops so amended it for more, most probably all won’t turn up as so little available.

I have to admit I ordered more than usual, but there will be those near me that won’t be able to get out or are vulnerable, so my intention is to help out if need be.

A neighbour who is an nhs nurse says it’s going to spiral in next 2 weeks and get far worse, in all ways. Anyway keep safe all!

Also heard Morrisons are making up "shopping boxes" - packed full of basics to male it easier - all the same. Not sure about price or delivery, but another option to check out!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus on 23:17 - Mar 18 with 1659 viewsdownunder

Coronavirus on 14:23 - Mar 18 by watford_dale

I can think of one country that provide loans to countries around the world in order to buy their sovereignty, a country with massive reserves that is trying to establish their currency (Yen) as a major global currency. The epicentre of the virus.

How many countries will exit the covid 19 pandemic requiring a massive cash injection?

Yaun needs to research one's currency.
Coronavirus on 06:52 - Mar 19 with 1523 viewspioneer

Coronavirus on 17:59 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Schools closing:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51952314

Looks likely they’ll be closed until summer with no exams. Taking that thought process across to football, you’d think it would be unlikely this season could be finished until the autumn at the earliest. If we are a month or two into a new season this time next year, it’ll be a real positive.

Lives are already changing. We’ve all got a part to play, have a think about others where we can and it’ll be slightly easier to deal with.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 18:00]

Why did they not bring the school holidays forward?...After 6 weeks hopefully we will be over the worst and kids could return to school and complete the year and exams.

Yes there are challenges of getting kids supervised in families with essential workers but we manage that during the summer every year.

Interesting how Boris' evidence' that closing schools would do more harm than good has now been 'overlooked'. There is no evidence .....its all new and decisions are being made based on models. Models are simply a set of assumptions, or best guesses in the absence of evidence so I wish they would stop using the word evidence.
Coronavirus on 07:12 - Mar 19 with 1512 viewsJames1980

Coronavirus on 06:52 - Mar 19 by pioneer

Why did they not bring the school holidays forward?...After 6 weeks hopefully we will be over the worst and kids could return to school and complete the year and exams.

Yes there are challenges of getting kids supervised in families with essential workers but we manage that during the summer every year.

Interesting how Boris' evidence' that closing schools would do more harm than good has now been 'overlooked'. There is no evidence .....its all new and decisions are being made based on models. Models are simply a set of assumptions, or best guesses in the absence of evidence so I wish they would stop using the word evidence.

If people did as they were told closing down schools would have done more harm than good. People have not done as they were told because they of course know better

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Coronavirus on 07:18 - Mar 19 with 1499 viewsD_Alien

We all wish some people would stop doing things based on sweet fa, pioneer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 07:31 - Mar 19 with 1482 viewsMass_Debater

Doesn't matter what the experts and professionals do, you'll always think they should have done summat else.
Coronavirus on 09:30 - Mar 19 with 1359 viewsaleanddale

Fantastic Gesture TS.

More of the same from everyone and we can get ahead of the curve more quickly.

Stay indoors as best you can and if you do go out try and wash hands before and after, not touch anything without disposable gloves and keep 2 metres away from people.

I know the above is impossible but it is also impossible to think that we should not at least be trying.

It goes without saying the advice could not be clearer if you are in the at risk group especially with underlying conditions then the whole household to self isolate for 14 days.

Unprecedented times indeed. Time for the government to step up and impose stricter measures now so normality returns quicker.
Coronavirus on 10:10 - Mar 19 with 1303 viewspioneer

Coronavirus on 07:12 - Mar 19 by James1980

If people did as they were told closing down schools would have done more harm than good. People have not done as they were told because they of course know better

I thought that the behaviour change unit headed by David Halpern and very influential with No 10 since the Blur government was supposed to know how to make people do as governments wanted them to.
Effective public health policy is based on the recognition that you cannot rely on individual behaviour change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024