Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc 12:28 - Mar 23 with 10498 viewsBrierls

I think Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets can now be classified as essentials. Even more sore when the inevitable decision is made to put the country into full lockdown. So, what are people's recommendations...

Sports Documentaries
Comedy
Action
Easy Watching

I've started watching Chicago Fire in the 'Easy Watching' category. It's not exactly 'deep' but it's entertaining enough. That will spin off into Chicago PD no dount, so I'll have a fair stack of episodes to get through.

I'll be getting back into House of Cards and Designated Survivor.

Breaking Bad was superb; anybody who hasn't watched that should give it a go. I couldn't get into The Wire.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 23:23 - Mar 23 with 3139 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:44 - Mar 23 by joecooke

This country on iplayer is brilliant.

I am watching the box set of wire in the blood currently, touch of frost, Morse and cracker all likely to be watched soon, all fated but quality.

The mentalist is very good if you have not seen it as is prison break.

Peep show is funny if you want light hearted, as is Friday night

Might have to watch shameless as well, but probably won’t be as good as first time around!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 23:36 - Mar 23 with 3135 viewsShun

Some really good recommendations on here so far.

Breaking Bad is simply a masterpiece. But similar to an actual work of art it isn’t flashy, action-packed or fast-paced. Stick with it through the slower episodes and you will be rewarded though.

Similarly, Better Call Saul I thought started off pretty slowly but has become an excellent show now.

Game of Thrones is essential viewing.

The Boys on Prime is brilliant too (forgot about that one, thanks ddb).

Ozark’s not bad. A poor man’s Breaking Bad.

The Good Place in its first and second season was the funniest show on screen, but I thought it faded a lot in the next two.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is bizarre but hilarious.

Sherlock’s worth a watch if you didn’t catch it on BBC.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 09:54 - Mar 24 with 3030 viewsDaleiLama

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:12 - Mar 23 by deeplishblue

Is "not going out" any good? 🤔

Films worth trying in the same vein might by Home Alone, Castaway, Panic Room?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:31 - Mar 24 with 3016 viewsTipperaryDale

+1 for Ozark - there are comparisons with Breaking Bad, but for me the acting and the plots are just better and more believable.

Just started watching Kingdom which is a Korean period drama with an outbreak of a virus which turns people into zombies. Seems prescient at the moment, it's actually good though as well.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 11:55 - Mar 24 with 2953 viewswatford_dale

Narcos Mexico, with the introduction of the Mexican cartels there are more characters plus with it being set in the 80's with the explosion of cocaine trafficking in the USA there are more storylines/action sequences to play with. Also historically accurate.

Dirty money - docuseries on corporate corruption in the pursuance of profit. The one on HSBC entitled the cartel bank is the best episode in this.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:55 - Mar 24 with 2858 viewsboromat

If there wasn't enough streaming apps from today Disney+ goes live in the UK. For anything Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars to name a few.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:59 - Mar 24 with 2857 viewsshawclough_dale

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 19:49 - Mar 23 by AtThePeake

I think time hasn't been kind to Friends. Not because it doesn't hold up, but because I think it's success and Seinfeld's before it spawned a bunch of 'comedy' shows that could get away with not being very funny but get by simply because they've adopted a similar tone and dynamic to Friends (I'm looking at you, Big Bang Theory). As such, a lot of people now dislike Friends but more due to what happened as a result of it's success than the show itself.

How I met your mother is a similar concept to friends but is funnier Barney Stinson is one of the best comedy characters ever.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:34 - Mar 25 with 2711 viewsjonesy

Just to be boring. We record The Persuaders to watch after dinner/tea (!). Light hearted and even though we have seen them many times , better than the one show and similar tripe. Still watching Homeland but probably good that this is the last series. Not the same since Brody and Quinn “left”.
Login to get fewer ads

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 16:37 - Mar 26 with 2584 viewsReedy

I would also add suits and white gold to the list, both on Netflix.

Blog: The FA Cup

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 18:56 - Mar 26 with 2544 viewsJumeirahDale

The Tiger King just came out on Netflix in the US, hopefully UK also. Bizarre and very entertaining documentary, I woke up this morning and wondered if I'd dreamt half of it. Truth certainly stranger than fiction in this case.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 09:19 - Mar 27 with 2461 viewsAtThePeake

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 18:56 - Mar 26 by JumeirahDale

The Tiger King just came out on Netflix in the US, hopefully UK also. Bizarre and very entertaining documentary, I woke up this morning and wondered if I'd dreamt half of it. Truth certainly stranger than fiction in this case.

Ridiculous show. I hate how Netflix have to drag out a good 90-120 minute documentary over 6 or 7 50 minutes episodes, but fair play, couldn't take my eyes off this one.

Tangled up in blue.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:00 - Mar 27 with 2377 viewsmikehunt

In general my attention span is too low for box sets but, if the missus is owt to go by, then she would highly recommend any Scandinavian series. She has got The Killing, The Bridge and something else beginning with B. Raves about them all. Not sure if any of these are on the networks mentioned, though.
The last series I watched was McMafia on the Beeb a year or so ago. Got quite wrapped up in that one.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 23:14 - Mar 27 with 2350 viewsdalenumber2

Ive been watching Sopranos, on the last series now
Also loved The Stranger on Netflix recently
Have just started to watch The Outsider which was on Sky Atlantic (Stephen King cop drama)
Killing Eve - definitely worth a watch
Love all the Scandi Noir stuff - The Bridge is great
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:47 - Mar 30 with 2214 views1949er

The English Game, about early FA cup is a good watch. On Netflix

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:45 - Apr 1 with 2064 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:47 - Mar 30 by 1949er

The English Game, about early FA cup is a good watch. On Netflix

I thought it was quite weak, akin to a Catherine Cookson novel on TV.

The Tiger King is absolutely crazy. The only sane person seems to be the convicted drug lord!!!
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 13:43 - Apr 1 with 2006 viewsDaleiLama

Only lasts 2.55, but just wow. What a voice.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:49 - Apr 1 with 1948 viewsAtThePeake

Season Two of Sunderland Til I Die came on Netflix this morning. Director Charlie Methven comes across as thoroughly unlikeable to me, glad for them that he's no longer involved to the same extent.

Tangled up in blue.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 11:21 - Apr 2 with 1850 viewsfitzochris

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:49 - Apr 1 by AtThePeake

Season Two of Sunderland Til I Die came on Netflix this morning. Director Charlie Methven comes across as thoroughly unlikeable to me, glad for them that he's no longer involved to the same extent.

He is everything that is wrong with a business-centric society. He is one of these blokes who has created a job for himself through his own self-importance and forceful BS, but actually does nothing at all other than hang on the coattails of the real money man.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 11:35 - Apr 2 with 1823 viewskel

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:49 - Apr 1 by AtThePeake

Started that last night and didn’t expect to like Stewart Donald but I think he comes across quite well in comparison to the other bloke. I’ll probably finish it today depending on if I get called out for work and I’m enjoying it so far.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 19:39 - Apr 2 with 1748 viewsChaffRAFC

On episode 6 at the moment of the Sunderland shit show.

That Charlie bloke was ok until he started playing up to the cameras over the attendance figures for the Boxing Day game and the way he spoke to the ticket staff. Stuart Donald has come across alright to be fair but I'm taking great pleasure in seeing their fans suffer as harsh as that may seem!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 19:41 - Apr 2 with 1747 viewsChaffRAFC

And while we're on TV Shows, I've been introduced to Life On Mars. Never watched it when it was originally on, very much enjoying it though.

Also started the English game.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 03:53 - Apr 3 with 1674 viewsRotherhamDale

Tiger King - Netflix. Mental.

Possession with progression.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 08:39 - Apr 3 with 1631 viewsNigeriamark

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 03:53 - Apr 3 by RotherhamDale

Tiger King - Netflix. Mental.

This might be interesting for people who like sports quizzes. 8.00 PM every Friday night

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52136208
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:18 - Apr 10 with 1475 viewsaleanddale

Just watched episode 1 of Tiger King.

No ordinary Joe OMG if the series is as bonkers as episode 1 it’s well worth a watch.

Killing Eve a great shout Jody Cromer is superb as the assassin.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 11:39 - Apr 10 with 1449 viewsD_Alien

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:18 - Apr 10 by aleanddale

Just watched episode 1 of Tiger King.

No ordinary Joe OMG if the series is as bonkers as episode 1 it’s well worth a watch.

Killing Eve a great shout Jody Cromer is superb as the assassin.

And not just as the assassin

Edit: Comer, btw!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 11:45]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024