Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 19:28 - Mar 25 with 2809 viewsAtThePeake

It only took us being isolated indoors for the foreseeable future, but me and Chaff have finally got round to recording Episode 1 of our long-mooted podcast.

You can listen here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-296512693/the-rochdaleafccom-podcast-episode-1

Neither of us are too experienced at this (and one of us, who shall remain nameless, may have forgotten to close his Gmail app before hitting record), so we're hoping you'll go easy on us for the time being.

We're hoping to bring you some Dale related content where possible during this period where people are looking for things to watch and listen to. So if you have any ideas of things you'd like us to talk about in the coming weeks as we look to produce a few episodes of this, please do let us know.

Indeed, any feedback at all is welcome.

Enjoy!

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 19:46 - Mar 25 with 2773 viewsD_Alien

I'd imagine there'd be a high degree of consensus with the views you both expressed, and with some eloquence. It was well worth the listen, and for those of us that don't know you personally, an insight into what makes you tick. Top marks from me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 21:24 - Mar 25 with 2689 viewsJumeirahDale

A weekly content idea nicked from the world's best sports podcast for regular content - "Mount Rushmore" - each week a top four of X, for example "Mount Rushmore of Away Grounds" - you guys prepare your selections independently, then take turns choosing - and you're not allowed to have any of the same answers as eachother, so you need to be strategic with your picks and have some backups ready...
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 22:41 - Mar 25 with 2637 viewsSandyman

A very enjoyable, fair and perceptive review. Well done lads .

It's impossible to cover everything and you covered much. I can only think of one major incident you didn't mention - the absolutely despicable (and that is being generous) refereeing of Paul Marsden at the Gillingham home game, the worst many of us have seen at Spotland ever, and the reaction after the game in the ground and online to what that **** did during the game.

Also a pleasure to listen to because it was like a chat in the pub after the game, another pleasure missed in these difficult times.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:59]
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 23:06 - Mar 25 with 2623 viewsjonahwhereru

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 22:41 - Mar 25 by Sandyman

A very enjoyable, fair and perceptive review. Well done lads .

It's impossible to cover everything and you covered much. I can only think of one major incident you didn't mention - the absolutely despicable (and that is being generous) refereeing of Paul Marsden at the Gillingham home game, the worst many of us have seen at Spotland ever, and the reaction after the game in the ground and online to what that **** did during the game.

Also a pleasure to listen to because it was like a chat in the pub after the game, another pleasure missed in these difficult times.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:59]

Well said that man.

Well done lads.

One idea for the future a player comparison somethig like Lambert V Murray for instance
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 09:29 - Mar 26 with 2490 viewsjacko_dale

Funny you mention having nothing to say about the 0-0 at home against Blackpool.

That was my last game before moving to China and me and a few mates made a day of that one. Every single one of them was convinced I'd been talking nonsense about the beautiful passing football we'd started the season playing!
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 10:45 - Mar 26 with 2438 viewsSandyman

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 09:29 - Mar 26 by jacko_dale

Funny you mention having nothing to say about the 0-0 at home against Blackpool.

That was my last game before moving to China and me and a few mates made a day of that one. Every single one of them was convinced I'd been talking nonsense about the beautiful passing football we'd started the season playing!

As I remember it, Blackpool were flying high at the time and near, if not top of the league. That was a good point to get.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 12:13 - Mar 26 with 2398 viewsAtThePeake

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 10:45 - Mar 26 by Sandyman

As I remember it, Blackpool were flying high at the time and near, if not top of the league. That was a good point to get.

Yeah, they had a great start to the season to the point where I even had a little outside bet on them to go up... not my best punt.

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 15:29 - Mar 26 with 2299 viewsTalkingSutty

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 12:13 - Mar 26 by AtThePeake

Yeah, they had a great start to the season to the point where I even had a little outside bet on them to go up... not my best punt.

A good listen and a lot of commonsense spoken, well done. I’m now putting Hendo in the same company as the captain, one probably kept us in the Football League single handed, not probably, he actually did...and the other has been a pleasure to watch, the scorer of the most technically brilliant goal I’ve seen from a Dale player and somebody who seems indestructible...hardly ever injured.
Login to get fewer ads

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 20:05 - Mar 26 with 2189 viewsChockers1

Got this on while i'm at work, great listen so far chaps!
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 21:29 - Mar 26 with 2147 viewskiwidale

Not a bad effort but I hope we wont ever hear again what we heard at 14.28/38 "Arron Morley playing a quarter back role"... gerrit edited.

This is not the time for bickering.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 03:22 - Mar 27 with 2085 viewsjacko_dale

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 10:45 - Mar 26 by Sandyman

Yep, a good point for sure. Just didn't pick my best week to be hyping us up for 'passing teams off the park'!
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 07:18 - Mar 27 with 2054 viewsNigeriamark

Just listened and a good effort indeed. Did you do it in just 1 take or has it been edited? Not easy to keep the flow going for such a long time and make it seem like a natural conversation

Perhaps in future episodes you could discuss the reign of particular managers. Everyone know's Hilly but discussions on Parkin, Sutton etc could be interesting
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 10:50 - Mar 27 with 1980 viewsDorsetDale

A great idea done very well - especially a first attempt.

Am thinking,if possible, invite some of the older fan base on for a 10 or 15 minute section. Someone that has maybe been involved in some way with the club... fanzine editors, away travel organisers etc. There's bound to be many a story from those long in the tooth to part fill a few episodes.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 17:21 - Mar 27 with 1909 viewsChaffRAFC

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 07:18 - Mar 27 by Nigeriamark

Just listened and a good effort indeed. Did you do it in just 1 take or has it been edited? Not easy to keep the flow going for such a long time and make it seem like a natural conversation

Perhaps in future episodes you could discuss the reign of particular managers. Everyone know's Hilly but discussions on Parkin, Sutton etc could be interesting

It was done in one take, I started off a bit nervously but the rest pretty much just flowed and if the call for it is there, I imagine it will get easier as we get more used to doing them.

Appreciate the comments.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 13:57 - Mar 28 with 1782 viewssuffolkdale

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 17:21 - Mar 27 by ChaffRAFC

It was done in one take, I started off a bit nervously but the rest pretty much just flowed and if the call for it is there, I imagine it will get easier as we get more used to doing them.

Appreciate the comments.

An excellent first attempt - with at least two down here is self isolation a fantastic way of keeping in touch with our club. The Dale rarely get a mention elsewhere so this is really appreciated - well done! We are looking forward to the next one - Suffolk awaits!
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 1 on 18:43 - Mar 28 with 1723 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Yes very interesting podcast.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024