Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rossendale Utd... 14:32 - Mar 31 with 2133 viewsmikehunt

Their ground has finally been demolished. Stands gone, club house gone and pitch grubbed up with piles of building aggregate on it. They are working on it as I type. Sad really. The building mafia finally got their way. They played a long patient game and, with council collusion, it has finally paid off for them. So much for the covenant on the ground stating it had been granted to the people of Rossendale to be used for sporting purposes - "in perpetuity".
Saw some interesting games there; Manure played a friendly, They played Shrewsbury in a First Round cup match, They did the double over Colne Dynamoes and only lost out on promotion to them on goal difference (over 2000 at the game), drew 4 all with Burnley reserves after being 4 - 0 down at half time, our pre-season friendlies with them and our reserve matches there for a couple of seasons (when we always beat bury, of course).
I always thought that site would have been ideal to develop as our training ground. Not sure why that never had any serious consideration.
Now, I wonder whose ground might be next on the developers' "bucket" list.... Hmmm,
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 14:44]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rossendale Utd... on 07:37 - Apr 1 with 1767 viewsEllDale

Does demolishing a football ground come under the heading of "essential work"?
Rossendale Utd... on 07:54 - Apr 1 with 1756 viewsnordenblue

Rossendale Utd... on 07:37 - Apr 1 by EllDale

Does demolishing a football ground come under the heading of "essential work"?

It seems construction comes under "different" laws still,loads are still working and many are FAR from essential, they seem to be more using the 2 meter distancing rule rather than "essential" work
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 7:55]
Rossendale Utd... on 11:48 - Apr 1 with 1621 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Buckets beware, I posted on their thread a while ago that sporting covenants etc are little protection if a supermarket giant or a national house builder has their eyes on Gigg & councils will be even more cash strapped than normal in the current crisis.
Rossendale Utd... on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 1605 views49thseason

My recollection from the rebuilding of Falinge High School on Lenny Barn is that the Council can offer to provide a similar size of plot in a nearby area as compensation. It went wrong at Falinge when RMBC offered a plot in Middleton! What happens next will largely depend on the attitude of local residents.
Rossendale Utd... on 12:33 - Apr 4 with 1229 viewselectricblue

What a shame as we have been to many an evening match..

Our daughter used to play for the ladies team....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024