Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Grindrod 12:07 - Apr 9 with 2138 viewsEllDale

As Private Eye might say, who he?
Nick Grindrod on 13:34 - Apr 9 with 2081 viewsD_Alien

Is he the guy who was stood at Tony Pockney's shoulder during the fans forum? His credentials as a Dale fan look pretty sound, which is always the first thing to look at before his potential for bringing something to the table, as a non-exec

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nick Grindrod on 13:38 - Apr 9 with 2071 viewsisitme

I am wondering if it the same lad who went to Wardle High in the mid 1990s who used to live in Littleborough? If so fair play to him for doing well for himself. Any expertise on the board must surely be welcomed. Pockney also seems to be liked/rated, even by some of the more vocal of posters regarding all things board.
Nick Grindrod on 13:53 - Apr 9 with 2017 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nick Grindrod on 13:38 - Apr 9 by isitme

I am wondering if it the same lad who went to Wardle High in the mid 1990s who used to live in Littleborough? If so fair play to him for doing well for himself. Any expertise on the board must surely be welcomed. Pockney also seems to be liked/rated, even by some of the more vocal of posters regarding all things board.

Taking the point a little further back to Littleborough, might this fellow be related to Jack Grindrod who had a heavy haulage business based in L'boro back in the '80s?

I think Jack was a big Hornets fan ...
Nick Grindrod on 13:55 - Apr 9 with 2012 viewssmaclad1

Local accountant as suggested on club website - his company website (including 'official accountant to RAFC' flyer) and companies house data all easily googled for those who like to do due diligence!
Nick Grindrod on 13:58 - Apr 9 with 1998 viewsJames1980

Best wishes to him in his role on the Dale board.
As a side note his name sounds like one a Harry Potter character might have.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Nick Grindrod on 14:31 - Apr 9 with 1957 viewsroccydaleian

Aye that’s him. Big Dale fan, I know him from going in the Exchange and he’s a top bloke. His dad was called Tony and was also a big Dale fan. He’s also just bought a premises in Wardle and opening it up as an accountants.
Nick Grindrod on 14:36 - Apr 9 with 1949 viewsEllDale

Jack Grindrod was more than a Hornets fan, he was their chairman who also went onto become chairman of the RFL.
Made a lot of money from haulage taking stone from the local quarries when the M62 was being built.
Later diversified into pubs and UPVC windows - think he had part of the old Portakabin site on Todmorden Road in Littleborough.
Nick Grindrod on 14:39 - Apr 9 with 1938 viewsisitme

Nick Grindrod on 14:31 - Apr 9 by roccydaleian

Aye that’s him. Big Dale fan, I know him from going in the Exchange and he’s a top bloke. His dad was called Tony and was also a big Dale fan. He’s also just bought a premises in Wardle and opening it up as an accountants.

Cheers Roccy
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 14:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Nick Grindrod on 15:42 - Apr 9 with 1840 viewsDorislove

Nick Grindrod on 13:53 - Apr 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Taking the point a little further back to Littleborough, might this fellow be related to Jack Grindrod who had a heavy haulage business based in L'boro back in the '80s?

I think Jack was a big Hornets fan ...

No relation to each other.
Nick Grindrod on 17:19 - Apr 9 with 1722 viewsjudd

Don't know him, saw of his involvement as an advisor at the forum, then we had the shares gubbins.

I don't think any of us should have a problem with directors/chief execs/non-execs being scrutinised upon appointment, as none of us want to be buryed.

Personally, the day after the Telegraph interview was published on here, with the very public washing of our finances, the furloughing of most staff (not sure on what terms) and the implied desire for the players to contribute, I would have left this announcement to a less-sensitive time.

My experience of non-exec directors is that they are paid positions, filled by fiercely independent experienced individuals who can take a distanced view of the business as they have no day to day commercial or emotional connection to the business.

In this particular instance I have no idea if remuneration is involved.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Nick Grindrod on 22:54 - Apr 9 with 1475 viewsnordenblue

There was another "Grindrod" family that lived off Starring Way too in Littleborough,I knew the daughter pretty well growing up,not sure if they're related but seems quite a coincidence if not.
Nick Grindrod on 07:24 - Apr 10 with 1374 viewsisitme

Nick Grindrod on 22:54 - Apr 9 by nordenblue

There was another "Grindrod" family that lived off Starring Way too in Littleborough,I knew the daughter pretty well growing up,not sure if they're related but seems quite a coincidence if not.

That is who I am thinking of.
Nick Grindrod on 09:31 - Apr 10 with 1305 viewsDorislove

Nick Grindrod on 22:54 - Apr 9 by nordenblue

Its a different family ,The new exec Director grew up in Milnrow and went to hollingworth high.
Nick Grindrod on 10:47 - Apr 10 with 1254 viewsroccydaleian

Nick Grindrod on 09:31 - Apr 10 by Dorislove

Its a different family ,The new exec Director grew up in Milnrow and went to hollingworth high.

Doris is correct, this NG is indeed from Milnrow and did attend Hollingworth High , I presumed that he was from the ‘Boro because he went in the Exchange, so sorry if I caused any confusion.
Nick Grindrod on 13:46 - Apr 10 with 1149 viewsR17ALE

Nick Grindrod on 14:31 - Apr 9 by roccydaleian

What with you being such a big and long serving Littleborough Cricket fan, I'm amazed you didn't know him from him being the wicket-keeper there in the 1990s when Littleborough actually won things!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 13:54]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Nick Grindrod on 14:21 - Apr 10 with 1106 viewsroccydaleian

Nick Grindrod on 13:46 - Apr 10 by R17ALE

What with you being such a big and long serving Littleborough Cricket fan, I'm amazed you didn't know him from him being the wicket-keeper there in the 1990s when Littleborough actually won things!

Ha! Didn’t watch or even like cricket in the nineties, I’m a very late comer to the sound of leather on willow.
Nick Grindrod on 18:23 - Apr 10 with 1008 viewsDorislove

Nick Grindrod on 13:46 - Apr 10 by R17ALE

A bit young he was for the honours you are protraying R17 but he did infact keep wicket a little later ,he is only 37 even though the horrible hair and unshaven look makes him look alot older.He better not put my bill up now he is league 1 accountant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024