Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind closed doors & streamed? 11:03 - Apr 17 with 21759 viewsjudd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/all-english-football-league-games-to-res

Poll: What is it to be then?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:53 - Apr 17 with 6924 viewsRaymondJohn

I wonder who exactly non playing staff will be in the ground? And who will enforce the rule
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 11:54]
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:08 - Apr 17 with 6889 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 11:53 - Apr 17 by RaymondJohn

I wonder who exactly non playing staff will be in the ground? And who will enforce the rule
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 11:54]

I'm sure the club will be contacting it's matchday staff if and when the details have been worked out, which might not be until more precise information becomes available - precise nature of less stringent restrictions etc. I'd imagine it might also be contingent on their state of health at the time

As a solution to getting the season finished, i'd welcome this

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:11 - Apr 17 with 6886 viewsEllDale

A lot easier to enforce the lower you go down the pyramid.
If Leeds, for example, need a point for promotion from a home game don't tell me that thousands aren't going to try and congregate outside Elland Road.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:16 - Apr 17 with 6864 viewsJames1980

Also if this does happen and Liverpool secure their first 'Premier League' title I would be surprised if the streets of Merseyside will be quiet.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:30 - Apr 17 with 6828 viewsKenBoon

There are a lot of if, should and maybes in that article.

The iFollow platform is useless. It's 'HD Quality' that runs at about 12 fps and they do all they can to lock it down to mobile devices only (that annoys me more than anything else) when every single other broadcaster does the opposite. If they actually want to use iFollow then they'll need to upgrade that shitty app so you can cast to TV and significantly increase the stream quality. Empty stadium football is shit to watch too.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 12:50 - Apr 17 with 6764 viewsDaleiLama

Link to open letter

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/april/eflopenletter/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:06 - Apr 17 with 6721 viewsupthedale

Kind of on topic, but also slightly off, does anyone use anything to successfully cast from an iPad to a TV (we have a pretty new Samsung TV....but it is a very old iPad) please?
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:14 - Apr 17 with 6696 viewsKenBoon

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:06 - Apr 17 by upthedale

Kind of on topic, but also slightly off, does anyone use anything to successfully cast from an iPad to a TV (we have a pretty new Samsung TV....but it is a very old iPad) please?

For iFollow? They've pretty much blocked it all. They even misuse screen mirroring to stop you casting from iOS. I find there's two ways to get iFollow on your telly. HDMI from a PC or Laptop into a TV or Google Chromecast in the TV and Chromecast from a PC or Mac. They block all browsers expect those on Windows and MacOS from loading a stream but thankfully there's a Cast tab option in Chrome without needing to install anything.

If it is other stuff, I don't know if Samsung support screen mirroring (the little tv with a triangle at the bottom icon) but it is possible they do. You can often stream to TVs and boxes using that.
Login to get fewer ads

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:36 - Apr 17 with 6654 viewsjonesy

Did I read it correctly? A minimum wage of £2500? Per what, week, month, year? Won’t that be a pay increase for a good proportion if it is per week? Probably lead to us getting rid of some of the youngsters?
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:16 - Apr 17 with 6620 viewsjonesy

Having read it again I presume it is £2,500 for April?
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 6611 viewsjudd

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:16 - Apr 17 by jonesy

Having read it again I presume it is £2,500 for April?

Yes, I think you are right re: April

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 14:39 - Apr 17 with 6585 viewsupthedale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:14 - Apr 17 by KenBoon

For iFollow? They've pretty much blocked it all. They even misuse screen mirroring to stop you casting from iOS. I find there's two ways to get iFollow on your telly. HDMI from a PC or Laptop into a TV or Google Chromecast in the TV and Chromecast from a PC or Mac. They block all browsers expect those on Windows and MacOS from loading a stream but thankfully there's a Cast tab option in Chrome without needing to install anything.

If it is other stuff, I don't know if Samsung support screen mirroring (the little tv with a triangle at the bottom icon) but it is possible they do. You can often stream to TVs and boxes using that.

Great thanks!
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:02 - Apr 18 with 6316 viewsFrog

It's fine playing behind closed doors but what if some teams have 5 or 6 players who are still sidelined?
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:38 - Apr 18 with 6276 viewsTalkingSutty

When will the players be tested to see if they have the virus? It would have to be a couple of days before every game but they could contract the virus the day before the game and pass it on to everybody else.The same would apply to the officials, physios, coach drivers etc.It sounds as though the antibody test doesn't work for a start. Maybe I'm not reading this right but the players could contract this virus the day after they have been tested and take the virus onto the training pitch and into the dressing room. Until a vaccine is found I don't see how this can work!
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:14 - Apr 18 with 6233 viewsMolly

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 21:38 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

When will the players be tested to see if they have the virus? It would have to be a couple of days before every game but they could contract the virus the day before the game and pass it on to everybody else.The same would apply to the officials, physios, coach drivers etc.It sounds as though the antibody test doesn't work for a start. Maybe I'm not reading this right but the players could contract this virus the day after they have been tested and take the virus onto the training pitch and into the dressing room. Until a vaccine is found I don't see how this can work!

It's simple. They will just have to play all games keeping at least 2 meters apart.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:24 - Apr 18 with 6219 viewsdalenumber2

It's going to be controversial to offer tests to footballers when there are still not enough available for the NHS staff.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 23:03 - Apr 18 with 6182 views442Dale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:14 - Apr 18 by Molly

It's simple. They will just have to play all games keeping at least 2 meters apart.

Which we’ve been practicing effectively at set pieces for years.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 07:46 - Apr 19 with 6088 viewssmaclad1

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:14 - Apr 18 by Molly

Possible 0ption to ensure proper distance is kept?

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/282713/football-comedy-classics-eric-more
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:40 - Apr 20 with 5809 viewsD_Alien

Fleetwood chairman has got this spot on, imo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52363030

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 22:43]

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 00:16 - Apr 21 with 5728 viewsJumeirahDale

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 13:14 - Apr 17 by KenBoon

KB sums it up pretty well. I've faffed around with different methods for years trying to watch from the US, and at the end of the day the best thing to do (to avoid scrambling around when your new idea inevitably doesn't work at 3pm on a Saturday) is pull it up on your laptop and run an HDMI cord straight to your telly. Everything else is a crapshoot, it is genuinely the worst streaming service I've ever seen.
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 07:13 - Apr 21 with 5661 viewsTalkingSutty

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 22:40 - Apr 20 by D_Alien

Fleetwood chairman has got this spot on, imo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52363030

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 22:43]

Regionalisation of the lower leagues isn’t one that should be instantly dismissed, maybe now would be the ideal time to sit down and have a look at that because as it is we are on the verge of losing Clubs, something radical needs to happen. D Alien, I’ve tried to think how playing games behind closed doors would be safe bearing in mind that when you are tested for the virus there is a delay before you get the result ( or there was), so you couldn’t be tested on the day or even the day before...and then if you get the all clear you could contract it the next day, It’s a close contact sport with players sharing the same changing room, training facilities. So my thinking is that you would constantly have to be testing the players and you would instantly need the result.

I don’t see the Government giving a couple of thousand footballers (20 players/team) the green light to play football anytime soon, possibly not until there is a vaccine in place or more advanced medical treatment. I’m open for having my mind changed though if anybody can come up with a solution but I can’t think of one, it sounds like you have a medical background so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge if you think it can happen anytime soon. Unless they just wing it and anybody showing any symptoms is removed from the squad but that sends out a dangerous message to the general public, if you are going to do that then you might as well open up all the pubs and restaurants. Bending the rules to accommodate football won’t even be considered, nor should it be.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 7:46]
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 08:52 - Apr 21 with 5579 viewsNigeriamark

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 07:46 - Apr 19 by smaclad1

Possible 0ption to ensure proper distance is kept?

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/282713/football-comedy-classics-eric-more

Just give each player a 2m thick tyre to wear around their waist. Simple!!
Behind closed doors & streamed? on 08:58 - Apr 21 with 5584 viewsjudd

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 08:52 - Apr 21 by Nigeriamark

Just give each player a 2m thick tyre to wear around their waist. Simple!!

That's a shame. We've only recently got rid of a shit load.

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 09:28 - Apr 21 with 5552 viewsD_Alien

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 07:13 - Apr 21 by TalkingSutty

Regionalisation of the lower leagues isn’t one that should be instantly dismissed, maybe now would be the ideal time to sit down and have a look at that because as it is we are on the verge of losing Clubs, something radical needs to happen. D Alien, I’ve tried to think how playing games behind closed doors would be safe bearing in mind that when you are tested for the virus there is a delay before you get the result ( or there was), so you couldn’t be tested on the day or even the day before...and then if you get the all clear you could contract it the next day, It’s a close contact sport with players sharing the same changing room, training facilities. So my thinking is that you would constantly have to be testing the players and you would instantly need the result.

I don’t see the Government giving a couple of thousand footballers (20 players/team) the green light to play football anytime soon, possibly not until there is a vaccine in place or more advanced medical treatment. I’m open for having my mind changed though if anybody can come up with a solution but I can’t think of one, it sounds like you have a medical background so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge if you think it can happen anytime soon. Unless they just wing it and anybody showing any symptoms is removed from the squad but that sends out a dangerous message to the general public, if you are going to do that then you might as well open up all the pubs and restaurants. Bending the rules to accommodate football won’t even be considered, nor should it be.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 7:46]

First up, i don't have a medical background but a healthcare background, an important difference (medicine being primarily the study of, and treatment of disease)

You think it's highly unlikely the government will give the green light to matches being played anytime soon. I'd say it depends on how the return to general employment progresses between now and say, the end of June, beginning with those areas of employment that can easily maintain social distancing but in any case, i think it's highly unlikely the football authorities won't have been taking scientific advice before making pronouncements about playing matches behind closed doors - and that's at a pan-European level, not just in the UK. If there was a major stumbling block, don't you think it'd already have reared it's head in the media? It may have something to do the R-rate falling significantly below 1, and it's already below 1 but possibly needs to continue to fall further before general employment can be resumed without having an impact on rates of admission to hospital, for instance

What would still be unlikely is for mass gatherings to be permitted, with people mixing as freely and closely as they do in stadia

In short, i believe the can't-play-without-testing hypothesis isn't quite as fixed as is being made out on this messageboard. That's not to to say testing of footballers might not happen, just that it almost certainly wouldn't need to be as frequent and extensive as is being mooted before they become booted

Finally, i totally agree there should be no 'bending the rules to accommodate football'. No-one is suggesting that, not least because there's no need to

[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 9:32]

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 09:50 - Apr 21 with 5516 viewsrochdaleriddler

Behind closed doors & streamed? on 09:28 - Apr 21 by D_Alien

First up, i don't have a medical background but a healthcare background, an important difference (medicine being primarily the study of, and treatment of disease)

You think it's highly unlikely the government will give the green light to matches being played anytime soon. I'd say it depends on how the return to general employment progresses between now and say, the end of June, beginning with those areas of employment that can easily maintain social distancing but in any case, i think it's highly unlikely the football authorities won't have been taking scientific advice before making pronouncements about playing matches behind closed doors - and that's at a pan-European level, not just in the UK. If there was a major stumbling block, don't you think it'd already have reared it's head in the media? It may have something to do the R-rate falling significantly below 1, and it's already below 1 but possibly needs to continue to fall further before general employment can be resumed without having an impact on rates of admission to hospital, for instance

What would still be unlikely is for mass gatherings to be permitted, with people mixing as freely and closely as they do in stadia

In short, i believe the can't-play-without-testing hypothesis isn't quite as fixed as is being made out on this messageboard. That's not to to say testing of footballers might not happen, just that it almost certainly wouldn't need to be as frequent and extensive as is being mooted before they become booted

Finally, i totally agree there should be no 'bending the rules to accommodate football'. No-one is suggesting that, not least because there's no need to

[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 9:32]

Given that there is talk of running public transport at 2/3 capacity, ie leaving some seats empty, surely a way can be found of doing the same at stadia. Spotland with 3,000 in it could be achieved with a gap of 2 empty seats and a a 6 ft gap in the sandy between people, or just let season ticket holders in, no away fans .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024