Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National League Season Ended... 17:06 - Apr 22 with 2956 viewsdale1968

L1 & 2 Next ??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52381612

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

National League Season Ended... on 17:32 - Apr 22 with 2923 viewsrochdaleriddler

Accrington’s chairman thinks that should happen, as playing out the games behind closed doors will bankrupt many clubs

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

National League Season Ended... on 17:41 - Apr 22 with 2906 viewsblackdogblue

Chalky won’t be happy 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

National League Season Ended... on 19:38 - Apr 22 with 2824 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Can see it being ended, points being worked out on basis of fixtures home and away average points, top of div 2 promoted to make up for FFCBFC, and same going down the leagues, to replace teams moving up, obviously bURY will claim if season is scrubbed they should be given place in l1 back.

No relegation would stop a lot of legal stuff, but always going to be those complaining, Bolton would have to start on minus 12 again and Southend will dodge a bullet.

Those at top of l1 and championship will moan, but whatever happens there is going to be moaning!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

National League Season Ended... on 21:13 - Apr 22 with 2733 viewsmingthemerciless

Listening to today's government press conference I get the feeling we'll be lucky to be able to attend either rugby or football at the Crown Arena again this side of Christmas.
National League Season Ended... on 23:12 - Apr 22 with 2611 viewsnordenblue

National League Season Ended... on 21:13 - Apr 22 by mingthemerciless

Listening to today's government press conference I get the feeling we'll be lucky to be able to attend either rugby or football at the Crown Arena again this side of Christmas.

Not football related really,but read an article today that reckons there'll be no travel to any of the Canaries till at least October,so you may well be right with that kind of timescale Ming regarding group gatherings.
National League Season Ended... on 00:26 - Apr 23 with 2573 viewskiwidale

National League Season Ended... on 17:41 - Apr 22 by blackdogblue

Chalky won’t be happy 😀😀

Get it done then.

This is not the time for bickering.

National League Season Ended... on 08:33 - Apr 23 with 2506 viewsDaleiLama

National League Season Ended... on 23:12 - Apr 22 by nordenblue

Not football related really,but read an article today that reckons there'll be no travel to any of the Canaries till at least October,so you may well be right with that kind of timescale Ming regarding group gatherings.

Has Delia made a special arrangement?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

National League Season Ended... on 08:35 - Apr 23 with 2503 viewsmingthemerciless

National League Season Ended... on 23:12 - Apr 22 by nordenblue

I read in my paper the other day the the authorities in Valencia have asked the national government in Spain for financial support for hotel owners being locked down until March 2021 !
There are rumours that flights to Spain will be banned until after Xmas.
Login to get fewer ads

National League Season Ended... on 08:51 - Apr 23 with 2485 viewsDaleiLama

National League Season Ended... on 17:41 - Apr 22 by blackdogblue

Chalky won’t be happy 😀😀

Hope he's ok during the Rona Lockdown. Not heard from him for yonks. He can still fook off though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

National League Season Ended... on 11:44 - Apr 23 with 2363 viewsYorkshire_Dale

National League Season Ended... on 21:13 - Apr 22 by mingthemerciless

I think you are right there, Whitty is saying we are in for the long haul so no chance of social gathering (footie etc) till next year and only then if there is a Vaccine.

We will all be going mad!
National League Season Ended... on 12:14 - Apr 23 with 2328 viewsD_Alien

National League Season Ended... on 11:44 - Apr 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

I think you are right there, Whitty is saying we are in for the long haul so no chance of social gathering (footie etc) till next year and only then if there is a Vaccine.

We will all be going mad!

I suspect Whitty will have been quietly told "behind the scenes" that he's spoken out of turn - but that's no real fault, he's a medic not a media performer, and those asking questions via video links are very adept at trying to elicit views that can then be held against politicians if things don't go according to plan

It's not his decision, it'll be a political decision, balanced along with many other factors

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

National League Season Ended... on 12:52 - Apr 23 with 2276 viewstony_roch975

National League Season Ended... on 12:14 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

I suspect Whitty will have been quietly told "behind the scenes" that he's spoken out of turn - but that's no real fault, he's a medic not a media performer, and those asking questions via video links are very adept at trying to elicit views that can then be held against politicians if things don't go according to plan

It's not his decision, it'll be a political decision, balanced along with many other factors

I agree, although he's only stating facts (we've all known for a while) - until there's a vaccine or 'cure' it'll be a risk to have any social contact and therefore a bigger risk for the vulnerable (like us). But, as you say, the politicians seem to dislike any firm comments on the longevity of the pandemic. You're absolutely right - it's not a scientists decision, it's a government's but I do wonder if currently they are happier if everyone thinks it's the scientists.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

National League Season Ended... on 12:56 - Apr 23 with 2269 viewsisitme

National League Season Ended... on 12:14 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

I suspect he will have. Eventually we have to emerge from the lockdown. The rational behind it was to manage capacity in the NHS and reduce the level of infections and deaths. Thankfully it appears that all three of these are being achieved. So the question is when can the restrictions start to be relaxed and how?

Saying that we will have to socially isolate for a year is not helpful as what does it mean? Also the time frame is too long into the future for people to contemplate and process. On the daily walk with my son the volume of traffic on Edenfield Road is increasing, some businesses have already announced that they are going back to work at the beginning of May. The longer the lockdown goes on the less likely people are going to adhere to this.

People need an exit strategy to work towards, especially when the rationale behind the lockdown appears to have been achieved. Obviously a relaxation of restrictions will probably bring more cases, but the country cannot be locked down indefinitely on the until a vaccine has being produced. Deaths from other causes will by then have overtaken the lives saved due to locking down.

My major concern is what happens to Children's education. Online learning is all very well for some pupils, kids go to school for a reason.
National League Season Ended... on 13:31 - Apr 23 with 2219 viewsD_Alien

National League Season Ended... on 12:52 - Apr 23 by tony_roch975

I agree, although he's only stating facts (we've all known for a while) - until there's a vaccine or 'cure' it'll be a risk to have any social contact and therefore a bigger risk for the vulnerable (like us). But, as you say, the politicians seem to dislike any firm comments on the longevity of the pandemic. You're absolutely right - it's not a scientists decision, it's a government's but I do wonder if currently they are happier if everyone thinks it's the scientists.

Yes i think you're right, but the time isn't far away when the government will have to start making decisions, especially with other countries starting to come out of lockdown

The problem is, it's almost impossible for the media to debate this in a mature way. They accuse the government of not "trusting" the British people to understand that setting out a possible exit strategy prior to its implementation doesn't mean they'll suddenly go demob happy, whilst at the same time demanding on a daily basis to be given certainties over all sorts of targets in the full knowledge that they're demanding hostages to fortune and very convenient sticks with which to score points with down the line - and call this "holding the government to account". In many respects, it's absolute cowardice since they're (the media) unaccountable in any real sense, and i sincerely hope that someone at some stage calls them out

Well, it actually happened a few nights ago - Emily Maitlis on Newsnight was thoroughly embarrassed by Ruth Davidson over this very point, about asking for a more mature debate - Maitlis looked dumbfounded and her usual strident tone went down a few notches for a while. Of course, Davidson is no longer in the firing line so she could do that whereas active politicians can't. I do hope she'll make a comeback before too long

There is, of course, now a refreshed official Opposition whose task is to hold the government to account, and that's how it should be

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

National League Season Ended... on 14:34 - Apr 23 with 2150 viewsfrenzied

Germany have been much lauded on their actions throughout this process managing to keep fatalities down compared to other countries.
Their approach remains cautious ,I see the octoberfest has already been cancelled,they prob don't fancy the idea of tourists coming from elsewhere.
I don't think Whitty told us anything that we didn't expect..at least the weather is good at the moment..come Nov and its minus 3 and raining peoples attitude may change.

With the lower leagues being scrapped,altho the final details are yet to be agreed it does seem the higher leagues will follow suit..i hope not id rather see the season completed even if this went to Dec
National League Season Ended... on 15:00 - Apr 23 with 2122 viewsCreepy

National League Season Ended... on 14:34 - Apr 23 by frenzied

Germany have been much lauded on their actions throughout this process managing to keep fatalities down compared to other countries.
Their approach remains cautious ,I see the octoberfest has already been cancelled,they prob don't fancy the idea of tourists coming from elsewhere.
I don't think Whitty told us anything that we didn't expect..at least the weather is good at the moment..come Nov and its minus 3 and raining peoples attitude may change.

With the lower leagues being scrapped,altho the final details are yet to be agreed it does seem the higher leagues will follow suit..i hope not id rather see the season completed even if this went to Dec

I think that although most clubs will be openly saying that the best course of action will be to finish the season, the reality will be that it's every man for himself when the actual discussions take place. From our perspective, voiding the season or points per game guarantees the club League 1 football again next year whilst finishing the season does not. Every club will want the best outcome for them and for that reason, I can't see that the season will complete.
National League Season Ended... on 16:01 - Apr 23 with 2080 viewsKenBoon

The German Bundesliga looking to return on 9th of May but their government still needs to agree.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825

The only way to work around regulations is to stage spectator-free games, with only players, coaching staff, medics, referees, ball boys and ball girls, ground staff, technicians, safety officers, and production staff for television and VAR being present inside the stadiums. League officials estimate that up to 300 people are needed per match.

The Premier League have been avoiding making a cancelled decision. I think if this gets the go-ahead it might push them towards restarting.
National League Season Ended... on 20:13 - Apr 23 with 1966 viewsncfc_chalky

Ayup lads,I hope that you are keeping well in these uncertain times,I've been lurking in the bushes watching what's been going on here but when I changed my.phone and reset the old one to factory settings I lost my login details as well,anyway to cut a long story short Ive registered again
I'm sure that just like me you don't want the NL to come to an end mid season what with Notts third in the league and two games away from a trip to Wembley but obviously there are far more important things to worry about than football right.now

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

National League Season Ended... on 08:07 - Apr 24 with 1816 viewsblackdogblue

National League Season Ended... on 20:13 - Apr 23 by ncfc_chalky

Ayup lads,I hope that you are keeping well in these uncertain times,I've been lurking in the bushes watching what's been going on here but when I changed my.phone and reset the old one to factory settings I lost my login details as well,anyway to cut a long story short Ive registered again
I'm sure that just like me you don't want the NL to come to an end mid season what with Notts third in the league and two games away from a trip to Wembley but obviously there are far more important things to worry about than football right.now

Welcome back mate 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

National League Season Ended... on 18:04 - Apr 24 with 1638 viewsncfc_chalky

National League Season Ended... on 08:07 - Apr 24 by blackdogblue

Welcome back mate 👍

Thanks bdb

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024