Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bother at Boundary Park 10:28 - Apr 23 with 1960 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8246503/Oldham-face-player-RE

65% pay cut, or you're out !! Bit savage is that......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bother at Boundary Park on 11:15 - Apr 23 with 1872 viewsjonesy

What does “a pay cut worth up to 65%” mean? Typical newspaper blox.
Bother at Boundary Park on 11:17 - Apr 23 with 1871 viewsD_Alien

If the argument is that it'd leave Oldham as the exception among L1/L2 clubs, why aren't all clubs doing the same?

After taking a three-month mortgage holiday if needed, if they and their families can't manage on £2500 a month and haven't put away a fair stash "for a rainy day" then imho that's just tough as fook, but i've no sympathy for footballers being any kind of exception

End of the day, we all want a football club to support when this is over. if this move helps OAFC survive for it's fans, the whingeing footballers can do one

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bother at Boundary Park on 13:50 - Apr 23 with 1689 viewsKenBoon

Bother at Boundary Park on 11:17 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

If the argument is that it'd leave Oldham as the exception among L1/L2 clubs, why aren't all clubs doing the same?

After taking a three-month mortgage holiday if needed, if they and their families can't manage on £2500 a month and haven't put away a fair stash "for a rainy day" then imho that's just tough as fook, but i've no sympathy for footballers being any kind of exception

End of the day, we all want a football club to support when this is over. if this move helps OAFC survive for it's fans, the whingeing footballers can do one

If they're young, even if they stashed away 30% of their wages they'd still struggle with a mortgage. Even if they could afford their mortgage, it'd screw up pensions, savings, etc. I think they're entitled a moan just for playing at Oldham too.
Bother at Boundary Park on 14:30 - Apr 23 with 1639 viewsupthedale

"Latics players who have so far stood their ground are willing to accept being furloughed to help the club but also want their salaries topped up so they remain in line with the rest of the division."

Well obviously they're "willing to accept being furloughed" if they're paid 100% of their salary. All footballers are essentially furloughed as it stands anyway (whether or not that links into the government scheme). Some are doing bits for the club like calling supporters etc (but you can do volunteer work while furloughed , so might be able to "get away" with that anyway). Keeping themselves fit is for their own benefit as much as for the football club (assuming they want to professionally play football again in the near future).
Bother at Boundary Park on 15:24 - Apr 23 with 1561 viewsD_Alien

Bother at Boundary Park on 13:50 - Apr 23 by KenBoon

If they're young, even if they stashed away 30% of their wages they'd still struggle with a mortgage. Even if they could afford their mortgage, it'd screw up pensions, savings, etc. I think they're entitled a moan just for playing at Oldham too.

They're entitled to take a 3-month mortgage break, as already pointed out

When someone actually tells me what makes them any more entitled to their full salary than anyone else whilst being furloughed i'll be happy to take that on board

[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 15:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bother at Boundary Park on 15:55 - Apr 23 with 1520 viewsKenBoon

Bother at Boundary Park on 15:24 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

They're entitled to take a 3-month mortgage break, as already pointed out

When someone actually tells me what makes them any more entitled to their full salary than anyone else whilst being furloughed i'll be happy to take that on board

[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 15:30]

What I read says in-line with the rest of the division, which could be 80% or less. It could be that they're annoyed because they're offering less than what the PFA came up with. Regardless their contract would make them entitled to their full wage (without bonuses). Furlough is an agreement. If they don't agree to be furloughed the club have to abide by the contract or cancel it, which would involve money.
Bother at Boundary Park on 18:53 - Apr 23 with 1363 viewsNorthernDale

May I ask the question, can they make them redundant if they are under contract?
Bother at Boundary Park on 19:07 - Apr 23 with 1336 viewsblackdogblue

Oldham were in enough trouble as it was & with B&Q Oldham still shut, how will they fix the fire door issue & reopen the new stand? 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024