Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Stats Database 01:30 - Apr 25 with 11137 viewsChockers1

Hi.

i'm using lock-down to put together a Rochdale database, year on year stats for all players, appearances, goals, sub appearances etc which will give an overall list of these stats per competition....love stats and dale so it's a win-win for me. I also like looking at Dale manager's or era's and seeing how actually played the most games who was the sub's always coming on and who bagged the most goals....

1 - Is there something like this that is in circulation?
2 - What would be the best place to get this information - i'v found soccerbase has stats to 1996 but wondering how i could go back further? I'm guessing i might need some annuals but am unsure which one's would be best

Any information would be greatly received :)

Cheers All

UP THE DALE
[Post edited 4 May 2020 4:46]
Rochdale Stats Database on 00:36 - Jun 1 with 2194 viewsChockers1

**PROGRESS UPDATE**

95% complete for V1 of the DB

Everything working nicely together just got to tidy up the dashboard for viewing players

Hoping to finish off in the next week then i can release V1

https://ibb.co/qYF2mn1
Rochdale Stats Database on 12:20 - Jun 1 with 2088 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Stats Database on 00:36 - Jun 1 by Chockers1

**PROGRESS UPDATE**

95% complete for V1 of the DB

Everything working nicely together just got to tidy up the dashboard for viewing players

Hoping to finish off in the next week then i can release V1

https://ibb.co/qYF2mn1

Looks good, but a few suggestions, if I may.

1. Perhaps the dashboard could be designed in colours more reflective of Rochdale?

2. Where you are ranking the players, an ordinal like 383th is obviously wrong. (Should be 383rd), so maybe remove the suffix part

3. I wouldn't include the Third Division Cup as it was something played in the War years and none of the data is included in official player stats.

4. For consistency, if you're going to use 'EFL Trophy', you should also use 'EFL Cup' instead of League Cup.

Otherwise, I'm impressed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale Stats Database on 12:42 - Jun 1 with 2082 viewspioneer

Third division (north) cup was played in the 1930s and then revived for the 1945-6 season prior to the regular football league starting in 46-7. It was only this last season that it was played under war time conditions...although the war had finished before that season started.
Rochdale Stats Database on 12:46 - Jun 1 with 2072 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Stats Database on 12:42 - Jun 1 by pioneer

Third division (north) cup was played in the 1930s and then revived for the 1945-6 season prior to the regular football league starting in 46-7. It was only this last season that it was played under war time conditions...although the war had finished before that season started.

Thanks for the clarification.

Rochdale Stats Database (n/t) on 09:37 - Jul 12 with 1935 viewsChockers1

[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 9:38]
Rochdale Stats Database on 12:55 - Jul 12 with 1832 viewsSandyman

On the subject of stats and records, I noticed yesterday that Antonio was the first West Ham player to score 4 in a top flight match since ex-Dale player David Cross in 1981. Who was the last Dale player to score 4 in a league game?
Rochdale Stats Database on 18:58 - Jul 12 with 1728 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Stats Database on 12:55 - Jul 12 by Sandyman

On the subject of stats and records, I noticed yesterday that Antonio was the first West Ham player to score 4 in a top flight match since ex-Dale player David Cross in 1981. Who was the last Dale player to score 4 in a league game?

Jim Dailey, with FIVE in a 7-0 home win over Hartlepools in November 1957.

Just a few weeks earlier, Dave Pearson had scored FOUR in a 5-1 home defeat of Halifax.

The last player to score four goals against Dale in a league game was Lee Hodges (not that one) for Barnet at Spotland in April 1996, The Bees winning 4-0.

The last player to score four against Dale in an away game was Dougie Freedman for Barnet at Underhill in September 1994, helping his team to a 6-2 win.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 19:09]

Rochdale Stats Database on 09:00 - Jul 13 with 1591 viewsSandyman

Rochdale Stats Database on 18:58 - Jul 12 by TVOS1907

Just a few weeks earlier, Dave Pearson had scored FOUR in a 5-1 home defeat of Halifax.

The last player to score four goals against Dale in a league game was Lee Hodges (not that one) for Barnet at Spotland in April 1996, The Bees winning 4-0.

The last player to score four against Dale in an away game was Dougie Freedman for Barnet at Underhill in September 1994, helping his team to a 6-2 win.

Thanks, TVOS
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Stats Database on 13:11 - Jul 13 with 1489 viewspioneer

Rochdale Stats Database on 18:58 - Jul 12 by TVOS1907

how many did Dean Windass get against us in the league cup thrashing at Spotland in 2005? I dont have access to my records at present.
Rochdale Stats Database on 13:57 - Jul 13 with 1447 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Stats Database on 13:11 - Jul 13 by pioneer

how many did Dean Windass get against us in the league cup thrashing at Spotland in 2005? I dont have access to my records at present.

Three

Rochdale Stats Database on 23:41 - Jul 13 with 1292 viewsmikehunt

What's the most number of goals we have ever scored in a season?
Ta.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rochdale Stats Database on 20:12 - Jul 14 with 1217 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Stats Database on 23:41 - Jul 13 by mikehunt

What's the most number of goals we have ever scored in a season?
Ta.

Sorry mike, only just seen your question.

If you mean league goals, which is the fairest measure, it's 105 (42 games) in 1926/27.

Rochdale Stats Database on 21:00 - Jul 14 with 1182 viewsmikehunt

Thanks TVOS and blimey! That opens up so many more questions. How did we not get promoted? What was our biggest win? Most goals in a match. Our top scorer?
Always appreciate your responses to these queries. Never let me down yet 😀

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rochdale Stats Database on 21:08 - Jul 14 with 1174 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale Stats Database on 21:00 - Jul 14 by mikehunt

Thanks TVOS and blimey! That opens up so many more questions. How did we not get promoted? What was our biggest win? Most goals in a match. Our top scorer?

Looks like only one team were promoted back then from Division Three North and we finished second behind Stoke City with a phenomenal home record of 18 wins in 21 games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1926—27_Football_League#Third_Division_North

A quick look on 11v11 (TVOS can perhaps confirm the reliability of this site?) suggests our biggest win was the 8-1 victory over Chesterfield, with the highest-scoring match coming one week later in a 7-3 win over Lincoln City on Christmas Day.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale Stats Database on 21:31 - Jul 14 with 1153 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Stats Database on 21:00 - Jul 14 by mikehunt

Cheers

We finished second, five points behind champions Stoke City.

Biggest win was 8-1 v Chesterfield on 18th December, which still remains the club's biggest victory.

Most goals in a match was 10, from a 7-3 win over Lincoln on Christmas Day.

Top scorer was Albert Whitehurst with 46, of which 44 were in the league.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024