Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terms & Conditions 21:06 - Apr 26 with 5636 viewsAtThePeake

Just a reminder to everyone of the Terms & Conditions of the messageboard outlined on the page you can access at the bottom of the site.

By using this website you agree to the following:

When posting material to the site, please follow these rules:

Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse
Referring to users or former users by their real names is not permitted without the permission of the user
Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, sexist, threatening or adult material or harass other users
Do not advertise without prior permission
We reserve the right to refuse access to the site to any user at our sole discretion
You grant us permission to use your material for on or offline purposes
Anyone that uses a VPN or other methods to hide their identity from us continually may be viewed as suspicious activity and have their accounts blocked
The content of this site is copyright and may not be copied and used in any form without prior permission from FansNetwork.

Please help us to moderate the site by reporting any abuse that is likely to offend. We cannot monitor the site 24/7 so we appreciate your help. Please use the tools provided on each message/post. (Please DM us directly to report a specific message rather than a whole thread).

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Terms & Conditions on 10:57 - Apr 27 with 1589 viewsAtThePeake

Terms & Conditions on 10:46 - Apr 27 by Nigeriamark

Can you bar someone from a thread rather than permanently. If someone insults someone, can't you just bar them from participating in that particular thread rather than the whole board
Like a few other people, i participate in some very interesting threads ( football or non football related). However once a couple of people start the name calling just because someone disagrees with them, then most of the time I stop posting because the original message gets hijacked. Just delete the offensive comments, bar the guilty from just that post & perhaps the rest of us can carry one with the original topic

Unfortunately it's not possible to ban users just from a specific thread. We'll try and delete specific posts rather than full threads in future though.

Tangled up in blue.

Terms & Conditions on 11:07 - Apr 27 with 1568 viewsChaffRAFC

Can you bar someone from a thread rather than permanently. If someone insults someone, can't you just bar them from participating in that particular thread rather than the whole board
Like a few other people, i participate in some very interesting threads ( football or non football related). However once a couple of people start the name calling just because someone disagrees with them, then most of the time I stop posting because the original message gets hijacked. Just delete the offensive comments, bar the guilty from just that post & perhaps the rest of us can carry one with the original topic

I like the idea Mark but unfortunately, we can't bar people from threads. All we can do as admin on here is delete posts, delete threads, lock thread from further replies and ban people.

To everyone else.

We don't want to do any of those ideally and would ask that people don't put us in a position to but it looks as though the idea of letting as much slide as we can isn't an option now.

People can have differing views, it's what makes public forums what they are, but you can have a differing view to anyone without insulting them.

I would also reiterate the point that as much as we might want to, there's a chance we won't see every message posted. If you have any issues whatsoever with something on here, send me or ATP a private message and we'll always look into it.

God, we need football back don't we!!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Terms & Conditions on 11:11 - Apr 27 with 1557 viewsDaleiLama

I missed all the "agro" that seems to have erupted at the weekend.

My personal philosophy of using this board is as follows:

Don't say anything to another poster that you wouldn't say if that poster was sat next to you.

Don't take the cheese from the trap if a WUM presents it. Life's too short.

If you have nothing good to say, ponder carefully whether it's better to just say nothing at all (of course PG would never post again, which would be a pity as even though his posts are always out there, he is part of the dysfunctional collective on this board).

Always try to post something which enhances the board, be it knowledge, humour, help, advice and opinion (even if it is contrarian).

Respect other's views. We'll never agree on everything even Dale related, but certainly not in a wider context. Your opinion is just that and may be different to another. Both may be right, wrong or somewhere between. Life is rarely black and white (unless you're a zebra or a ref). There isn't always an absolute truth.

If you have a beef with anyone, there are PMs at your disposal if you feel so wronged that you have to put it in writing. Slinging matches that cross the line are like sex and dirty washing - almost always best not being made public. Get a room as they say.

Finally, may I suggest a card system if self-policing really is beyond the forum collective? Abuse reported to admins and upheld = yellow card for offender (sent by PM by admin). Further upheld abuse by poster within 3 months = 1 month ban. Or summat along these lines which will make the forum more appealing to the majority, especially in current times where it is a welcome distraction and a valuable resource to several.

Just my two penneth
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 11:14]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Terms & Conditions on 11:24 - Apr 27 with 1541 viewskiwidale

I don't think anybody is calling for permanent bans I dont know the logistics of how the board is administered or how much control the mods have but your suggestion has a lot of merit certainly worth a try. We can all act as eyes and ears for the mods if 2/3 members reports a post as abuse then the mods should look at it and act when necessary.

This is not the time for bickering.

Terms & Conditions on 11:37 - Apr 27 with 1523 viewsD_Alien

Terms & Conditions on 11:24 - Apr 27 by kiwidale

I don't think anybody is calling for permanent bans I dont know the logistics of how the board is administered or how much control the mods have but your suggestion has a lot of merit certainly worth a try. We can all act as eyes and ears for the mods if 2/3 members reports a post as abuse then the mods should look at it and act when necessary.

Or we can just act like adults and report posts ourselves, rather than interfering in other people's business? It's really not difficult

Your suggestion, if i might say so, would create huge problems where people who don't know the two people involved completely misinterpret something that is intended in an entirely benign way, e.g. as a private joke

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terms & Conditions on 11:42 - Apr 27 with 1509 viewskiwidale

Terms & Conditions on 11:37 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

Or we can just act like adults and report posts ourselves, rather than interfering in other people's business? It's really not difficult

Your suggestion, if i might say so, would create huge problems where people who don't know the two people involved completely misinterpret something that is intended in an entirely benign way, e.g. as a private joke

You don't need my permission you can say what you want but I don't think any body can misinterpret being called a turd.

This is not the time for bickering.

Terms & Conditions on 11:44 - Apr 27 with 1503 viewsD_Alien

Terms & Conditions on 11:42 - Apr 27 by kiwidale

You don't need my permission you can say what you want but I don't think any body can misinterpret being called a turd.

Especially the person who receives it

If they're offended, they can report it

It doesn't need you or anyone else to act as the thought police

Please just leave it at that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terms & Conditions on 11:45 - Apr 27 with 1500 viewskel

I’ve tried to stay out of this as much as I can but those who know me well know that I can’t bite my tongue for long.

The stirrers are just as bad as those who dish out personal abuse so need to get off their high horse with that one.

They know who they are.
Login to get fewer ads

Terms & Conditions on 11:54 - Apr 27 with 1483 views442Dale

Terms & Conditions on 11:45 - Apr 27 by kel

I’ve tried to stay out of this as much as I can but those who know me well know that I can’t bite my tongue for long.

The stirrers are just as bad as those who dish out personal abuse so need to get off their high horse with that one.

They know who they are.

That’s a very pertinent point. And that’s exactly why it’s up to individuals to think about what they’re doing. There is no justification when we can’t justify it to ourselves when we know it’s about getting a reaction. Most of us do it in life to varying degrees, but when it’s with little other motive than to create a situation, then it’s toxic. And do indeed know it.

The personal abuse is an infrequent issue thankfully. The ongoing choices of us all create the bigger problems.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024