Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great album covers 08:39 - May 2 with 6416 viewsjoecooke

One of my favourites

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Great album covers on 10:01 - May 2 with 5099 viewsjonahwhereru

The invention of the CD killed of the potential for great album covers. Because they had to be easily identifiable and understood but covering a much smaller area. I used to like the idea of the amount of thought that went into producing covers. Those were the days when recordings made money and tours lost it. Seems to be the other way around these days.

My 2 against the field would be Demons & Wizards by Uriah Heap, and Nursery Crimes by Genesis
Great album covers on 10:09 - May 2 with 5090 viewskiwidale

Great album covers on 10:01 - May 2 by jonahwhereru

The invention of the CD killed of the potential for great album covers. Because they had to be easily identifiable and understood but covering a much smaller area. I used to like the idea of the amount of thought that went into producing covers. Those were the days when recordings made money and tours lost it. Seems to be the other way around these days.

My 2 against the field would be Demons & Wizards by Uriah Heap, and Nursery Crimes by Genesis

Album covers are genuine art many artists put great value on their album covers Pink Floyd being one band that did so, some worked better than others but this one is iconic as is the album.

[Post edited 2 May 2020 10:31]

This is not the time for bickering.

Great album covers on 10:16 - May 2 with 5073 viewsShun

[Post edited 2 May 2020 10:17]
Great album covers on 11:00 - May 2 with 5037 viewsjoecooke

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Great album covers on 11:05 - May 2 with 5023 viewsDaleiLama

Roxy Music produced some covers which I always found were very easy on the eye but won't paste images in case they are deemed non-PC and cause offence.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Great album covers on 11:45 - May 2 with 4976 viewssince58

Jim Steinmans Bat out of Hell cover was pretty good.
Great album covers on 12:08 - May 2 with 4960 viewsBigDaveMyCock

It’s always the hard boozing womanising footballers like Georgie Best or Robin Friday on album covers isn’t it? Looking apparently cool with straggly long hair after no doubt swearing near a grandmother or sommat.
What’s wrong with a picture of Alan Harper dry-stone walling or Steve Froggat learning to play a woodwind instrument? Something nice like that.
Come on musicians, change the record...(cover)
[Post edited 2 May 2020 12:17]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Great album covers on 13:33 - May 2 with 4895 viewsroccydaleian

Not the actual cover, but the inside gatefold of KISS Alive 2 from 1977.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 13:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Great album covers on 15:14 - May 2 with 4826 viewsdale1968

Possibly the greatest Live Album ever...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Great album covers on 17:23 - May 2 with 4759 viewsblackdogblue

Great album covers on 15:14 - May 2 by dale1968

Possibly the greatest Live Album ever...

Three of the best studio albums ever

[Post edited 2 May 2020 17:25]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Great album covers on 18:13 - May 2 with 4712 viewsjonesy

Nobody’s mentioned “Yes”.
Great album covers on 18:42 - May 2 with 4675 viewssince58

Great album covers on 18:13 - May 2 by jonesy

Nobody’s mentioned “Yes”.

Its a bit fragile but youre getting close to the edge with Rick.
Great album covers on 19:19 - May 2 with 4623 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Great album covers on 17:23 - May 2 by blackdogblue

Three of the best studio albums ever

[Post edited 2 May 2020 17:25]

Love the Rainbow one, especially, though all good.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Great album covers on 20:37 - May 3 with 4420 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great album covers on 23:16 - May 3 with 4359 viewsjonesy

Great album covers on 18:42 - May 2 by since58

😀
Great album covers on 09:00 - May 4 with 4288 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Great album covers on 20:37 - May 3 by dingdangblue

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this album. Don’t get me wrong, I like it very much and a lot of the b-sides of the singles off it were brilliant (Mersey Paradise and Standing Here being particular favourites). The issue I have with it was what came afterwards. It was that successful many of its admirers created a ‘uniformity’ as to what was ‘Manchester’ music. All these clones emerged all looking the same, speaking the same and with an identikit laddie attitude. Mad for it. Music from the region from 10cc, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, Smiths, New Order and the Mondays was always innovative and never followed. After the ‘Madchester’ scene (of which this album stands at the pinnacle) it became formulaic and regressive.
Only my humble opinion of course and certainly not the Stone Roses fault who have always distanced themselves from many of those citing them as influences.
Anyway, enjoy the sunshhhhiiiiinnnnnnnneeeee.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 9:05]

Great album covers on 09:15 - May 4 with 4268 viewsDaleiLama

Great album covers on 18:42 - May 2 by since58

You're veering off top(ograph)ic.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Great album covers on 12:11 - May 4 with 4210 viewsAtThePeake

Great album covers on 09:00 - May 4 by BigDaveMyCock

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this album. Don’t get me wrong, I like it very much and a lot of the b-sides of the singles off it were brilliant (Mersey Paradise and Standing Here being particular favourites). The issue I have with it was what came afterwards. It was that successful many of its admirers created a ‘uniformity’ as to what was ‘Manchester’ music. All these clones emerged all looking the same, speaking the same and with an identikit laddie attitude. Mad for it. Music from the region from 10cc, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, Smiths, New Order and the Mondays was always innovative and never followed. After the ‘Madchester’ scene (of which this album stands at the pinnacle) it became formulaic and regressive.
Only my humble opinion of course and certainly not the Stone Roses fault who have always distanced themselves from many of those citing them as influences.
Anyway, enjoy the sunshhhhiiiiinnnnnnnneeeee.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 9:05]

Can't disagree with that, although I would suggest there have been some excellent, unique bands that have come out of the Manchester scene since without ever reaching the same levels of popularity (but then, it's pretty hard to be popular these days when Ed Sheeran is occupying 12 spots of the Top 20 and Lewis Capaldi the other eight).

Tangled up in blue.

Great album covers on 12:23 - May 4 with 4192 viewsD_Alien

It really must be my age, but with mention of Sheeran & Capaldi and whilst not denying they've "got talent", why do they have to keep singing the same song? Just add a different title, a couple of minute variations in chord changes/lyrics, and you have a career on making repeats. Have they absolutely no imagination?

The same goes for the same dreary warbles that young female singers put out now. None of it will be talked about in a couple of decades, in the way that music from the late 50s to about 2000 are still talked about. At best, young people might recall a particular tune that was being played when they fell in love / broke up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great album covers on 14:05 - May 4 with 4148 viewsAtThePeake

Great album covers on 12:23 - May 4 by D_Alien

It really must be my age, but with mention of Sheeran & Capaldi and whilst not denying they've "got talent", why do they have to keep singing the same song? Just add a different title, a couple of minute variations in chord changes/lyrics, and you have a career on making repeats. Have they absolutely no imagination?

The same goes for the same dreary warbles that young female singers put out now. None of it will be talked about in a couple of decades, in the way that music from the late 50s to about 2000 are still talked about. At best, young people might recall a particular tune that was being played when they fell in love / broke up

The same song keeps getting them number ones unfortunately. I find both incredibly dull, but I also find a lot of the guitar bands around at the moment pretty dull too. I am a fan of bands such as IDLES, Fontaines DC, and the Blinders but they're hardly doing anything new.

10 years ago I never thought I would say this, but hip-hop really is the only genre that's continuing to develop and push boundaries at the moment. There are still some great, unique guitar bands around but they're barely making a ripple whereas hip-hop continues to evolve in a really exciting and innovative way.

Tangled up in blue.

Great album covers on 14:57 - May 4 with 4109 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Great album covers on 14:05 - May 4 by AtThePeake

The same song keeps getting them number ones unfortunately. I find both incredibly dull, but I also find a lot of the guitar bands around at the moment pretty dull too. I am a fan of bands such as IDLES, Fontaines DC, and the Blinders but they're hardly doing anything new.

10 years ago I never thought I would say this, but hip-hop really is the only genre that's continuing to develop and push boundaries at the moment. There are still some great, unique guitar bands around but they're barely making a ripple whereas hip-hop continues to evolve in a really exciting and innovative way.

Totally agree re guitar bands. There’s just a total lack of invention and innovation from them and they seem unable and/or unwilling to move beyond their rigid structure and identity. Very much this is what we are and what we do. When they do try and change all they seem to do is pick a different decade to copy. We used to sound like a 60s band now we sound like an 80s band.
Same sound, same fooking haircuts and same everything.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 14:58]

Great album covers on 15:23 - May 4 with 4087 viewsjudd

Great album covers on 14:57 - May 4 by BigDaveMyCock

Totally agree re guitar bands. There’s just a total lack of invention and innovation from them and they seem unable and/or unwilling to move beyond their rigid structure and identity. Very much this is what we are and what we do. When they do try and change all they seem to do is pick a different decade to copy. We used to sound like a 60s band now we sound like an 80s band.
Same sound, same fooking haircuts and same everything.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 14:58]

Check out Jake Fletcher - Saddleworth lad. Bit of a genius.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Great album covers on 15:34 - May 4 with 4075 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Great album covers on 15:23 - May 4 by judd

Check out Jake Fletcher - Saddleworth lad. Bit of a genius.

Will do, cheers.

Great album covers on 19:15 - May 4 with 4018 viewsfinberty

Great album covers on 23:19 - May 4 with 3955 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The Stranglers had some excellent Album covers.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024