Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tip opens today 09:52 - May 2 with 2225 viewsdiver

Rochdale tip reopens today will be interested in views of others how they survive trip to trip this weekend.
Tip opens today on 09:59 - May 2 with 2205 viewsisitme

Well it sort of opens for general waste. You cannot bring anything that can be recycled, which sort of defeats the object but I suppose some people will have lots of general waste.

My neighbour said they heard that there was a massive queue before it opened, which is no surprise.
Tip opens today on 10:50 - May 2 with 2155 viewsSuddenLad

Only vehicles with number plates ending in 'odd' numbers will be admitted (1,3,5,7,9) and the following day, even numbers. Tip is only open Saturday & Sunday.

Check council website for full details, but there are major restrictions. No vans, trailers, no garden waste, all rubbish to be securely bagged etc. etc.

There will be chaos up there.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tip opens today on 11:01 - May 2 with 2131 viewsjonesy

Tip opens today on 10:50 - May 2 by SuddenLad

Only vehicles with number plates ending in 'odd' numbers will be admitted (1,3,5,7,9) and the following day, even numbers. Tip is only open Saturday & Sunday.

Check council website for full details, but there are major restrictions. No vans, trailers, no garden waste, all rubbish to be securely bagged etc. etc.

Don’t number plates end in letters or is this another wind up?
Tip opens today on 11:21 - May 2 with 2108 viewsncfc_chalky

Tip opens today on 11:01 - May 2 by jonesy

Every number plate has a number in it and it's the last number that he's refering to

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Tip opens today on 11:51 - May 2 with 2080 viewsSuddenLad

Tip opens today on 11:01 - May 2 by jonesy

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/134210/tips-will

Tip opens today on 12:04 - May 2 with 2065 viewsMass_Debater

Tip opens today on 10:50 - May 2 by SuddenLad

Good job you've explained what an odd number is.
Tip opens today on 12:09 - May 2 with 2052 viewsSuddenLad

Tip opens today on 12:04 - May 2 by Mass_Debater

Good job you've explained what an odd number is.

More lockdown learning......

Tip opens today on 12:33 - May 2 with 2022 viewsD_Alien

I've never visited a tip, but i know people who used to make it a weekly trip, like going to the supermarket or summat. An ex-gf was one. I never asked her what she was taking, perhaps that's why she became an ex

But for those who go quite regularly, and apart from those involved in industrial processes, is it genuinely due to a constant accumulation of heavy-duty rubbish, or some other fascination?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Tip opens today on 13:09 - May 2 with 1970 viewsnordenblue

Tip opens today on 12:33 - May 2 by D_Alien

I've never visited a tip, but i know people who used to make it a weekly trip, like going to the supermarket or summat. An ex-gf was one. I never asked her what she was taking, perhaps that's why she became an ex

But for those who go quite regularly, and apart from those involved in industrial processes, is it genuinely due to a constant accumulation of heavy-duty rubbish, or some other fascination?

The only males there are generally sent by mithering women DA, why anyone even wants to go weekly is beyond me though I couldn't produce that much waste in 7 days, saying that I've usually got access to a skip every couple of weeks so anything I do need to throw that wont go in a bin ends up in there.
Tip opens today on 13:17 - May 2 with 1966 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Tip opens today on 09:59 - May 2 by isitme

Well it sort of opens for general waste. You cannot bring anything that can be recycled, which sort of defeats the object but I suppose some people will have lots of general waste.

My neighbour said they heard that there was a massive queue before it opened, which is no surprise.

They are allowing people to put extra cardboard and paper waste next to the paper bin, and bottles and tins etc next to the recycling bin,

http://rochdale.gov.uk/recycling-and-bins/pages/where-to-put-your-bin.aspx

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Tip opens today on 13:34 - May 2 with 1934 viewsD_Alien

Tip opens today on 13:09 - May 2 by nordenblue

The only males there are generally sent by mithering women DA, why anyone even wants to go weekly is beyond me though I couldn't produce that much waste in 7 days, saying that I've usually got access to a skip every couple of weeks so anything I do need to throw that wont go in a bin ends up in there.

I did wonder if there was summat going on i should know about, but worryingly, she asked me to accompany her on a couple of occasions. Trouble was, it was always a Saturday afternoon, and i was more interested in a different bunch of blokes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tip opens today on 14:14 - May 2 with 1885 viewsisitme

Tip opens today on 12:33 - May 2 by D_Alien

From my own experience it is for one of two things: either I have too much cardboard to fit in the blue bin, usually if I have bought things that have lots of packaging or secondly to dispose of waste electrical products. They also have clothing bins for if someone in the family is having a clear out. Those old football shirts end up in Africa etc!

I suppose if people are undertaking a bit of DIY etc then they could probably end up with a lot of waste that they cannot put in the bin as there is too much of it. Not sure why the average person/family would need to good every week though.
Tip opens today on 14:15 - May 2 with 1881 viewsisitme

Tip opens today on 13:17 - May 2 by foreverhopefulDale

They are allowing people to put extra cardboard and paper waste next to the paper bin, and bottles and tins etc next to the recycling bin,

http://rochdale.gov.uk/recycling-and-bins/pages/where-to-put-your-bin.aspx

Thanks for that.
Tip opens today on 15:10 - May 2 with 1826 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Tip opens today on 14:15 - May 2 by isitme

Thanks for that.

You’re welcome. The tip in Middleton is open every day.

To be fair to Rochdale MBC, they have done well keeping up the normal level of bin collections, unlike other councils like Oldham who I believe were only collecting general waste, but every week, so no recycling.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 19:17]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024