Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from the Directors 13:51 - May 7 with 5562 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/may/update--board-of-directors_07.05.20/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Update from the Directors on 13:58 - May 7 with 4478 viewsDorkingDale

So, the Board are not expecting the ground to be open to spectators until 2021.......do they know something that we don't? Are the EFL planning to play behind closed doors next season? Can't possibly imagine how we'd survive that long. Time to start halving players' salaries as well at top management methinks.
Update from the Directors on 14:10 - May 7 with 4446 viewsisitme

I think the players have been on furlough for at least two weeks anyway.
Update from the Directors on 15:05 - May 7 with 4354 viewstony_roch975

Update from the Directors on 13:58 - May 7 by DorkingDale

So, the Board are not expecting the ground to be open to spectators until 2021.......do they know something that we don't? Are the EFL planning to play behind closed doors next season? Can't possibly imagine how we'd survive that long. Time to start halving players' salaries as well at top management methinks.

vaccine invention and inoculation unlikely before 2021 at the earliest and without that there can't be stadia full of spectators - they're just being realistic

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Update from the Directors on 15:15 - May 7 with 4335 viewsD_Alien

There's no mention of it, but it may be fair to assume that the planned pitch renovation is now postponed indefinitely, primarily to save on the expense (an amount which, though i can't recall the exact figure, would significantly improve our chances of survival) but also because there's not much point now until we have some idea of when a full football programme can be resumed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update from the Directors on 15:37 - May 7 with 4293 viewsSuddenLad

As the Bundesliga announces plans to restart their season on 16th May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52576780

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Update from the Directors on 16:17 - May 7 with 4221 viewsseasidedale

Sure I have read it somewhere or I could have dreamt it, that the pitch work was £400,000
Update from the Directors on 16:29 - May 7 with 4198 viewsboromat

I get the feeling 2021 for spectators back in Stadiums is seen as a realistic worst case. It's also the timeline given by Bradford recently when they stopped selling season tickets for next season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Update from the Directors on 17:37 - May 7 with 4086 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/05/update-from-the-club/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Update from the Directors on 17:47 - May 7 with 4054 viewsblackdogblue

Update from the Directors on 17:37 - May 7 by 442Dale

Good honest appraisal of where we are 👍

If there are 1500 players out of contract soon, any of them a decent striker? Can take Calvin as a freebie
[Post edited 7 May 2020 17:57]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Update from the Directors on 18:52 - May 7 with 3954 viewsD_Alien

Update from the Directors on 15:37 - May 7 by SuddenLad

As the Bundesliga announces plans to restart their season on 16th May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52576780

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/52298377

Cardboard cut-outs of fans included? Can you imagine the havoc this would cause at Dale, if someone's cardboard cut-out was placed in someone else's st seat?

Update from the Directors on 19:00 - May 7 with 3944 viewsisitme

Thanks for that and for the Trust in conducting and releasing the interview

I thought it was a very honest and insightful interview. Interesting that the club would prefer the season to be ended and the use of points per game. I wonder if their opinion would have been different if we had been in the relegation zone but with games to play?

Good news about the pitch renovations still taking place, even with financial uncertainties.
Update from the Directors on 19:08 - May 7 with 3920 viewsD_Alien

Update from the Directors on 19:00 - May 7 by isitme

Thanks for that and for the Trust in conducting and releasing the interview

I thought it was a very honest and insightful interview. Interesting that the club would prefer the season to be ended and the use of points per game. I wonder if their opinion would have been different if we had been in the relegation zone but with games to play?

Good news about the pitch renovations still taking place, even with financial uncertainties.

Absolutely, and further to my point about financing of the pitch renovations above, if the board feel we have the wherewithal to have the work done - despite the lack of income and unknowability of when that might change - it's got to be a very positive sign that there's a sufficient buffer within our finances to see us through

Let's face it, no-one would sanction the spending of ?£400k to produce a pitch that had no club to play on it!

Update from the Directors on 19:17 - May 7 with 3891 viewskel

Would you manage ok if you took a 50 percent pay cut then?

I’m assuming you mean Rochdale players here so apologies if not.
Update from the Directors on 19:35 - May 7 with 3856 viewsJames1980

Update from the Directors on 19:08 - May 7 by D_Alien

Absolutely, and further to my point about financing of the pitch renovations above, if the board feel we have the wherewithal to have the work done - despite the lack of income and unknowability of when that might change - it's got to be a very positive sign that there's a sufficient buffer within our finances to see us through

Let's face it, no-one would sanction the spending of ?£400k to produce a pitch that had no club to play on it!

The last thing we need when the new season eventually starts games being postponed due to pitch/drainage issues. I'd imagine that every postponement incurs a cost. Also weren't we facing sanctions due to postponements at some point?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Update from the Directors on 23:37 - May 7 with 3640 viewsjudd

Forgive me if I have missed it, but was the final.question actually answered?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Update from the Directors on 11:19 - May 8 with 3392 viewsTVOS1907

Update from the Directors on 19:35 - May 7 by James1980

The last thing we need when the new season eventually starts games being postponed due to pitch/drainage issues. I'd imagine that every postponement incurs a cost. Also weren't we facing sanctions due to postponements at some point?

No. Where have you got that from?

Despite our pitch problems, the number of games postponed due to the pitch/weather in, say, the last 10 seasons is quite small.

I'd have to look back through the records, but it's not as many as you think, especially discounting times like the Beast From The East when hardly anyone played.

Certainly someone like Newport County have had many more games than us postponed due to the pitch condition.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Update from the Directors on 11:26 - May 8 with 3386 viewsD_Alien

Update from the Directors on 11:19 - May 8 by TVOS1907

Despite our pitch problems, the number of games postponed due to the pitch/weather in, say, the last 10 seasons is quite small.

I'd have to look back through the records, but it's not as many as you think, especially discounting times like the Beast From The East when hardly anyone played.

Certainly someone like Newport County have had many more games than us postponed due to the pitch condition.

Plus it's got to be a matter of priorities

Even if we had the usual (limited) number of postponements during the next season, the cost would pale compared with the proposed outlay on the extensive pitch renovations that were put forward at the fans forum. If the club are suggesting only standard pitch preparations for when football resumes, then fair enough, but that's not the impression gained from reading what was said during the DaleTrust interview

Update from the Directors on 11:30 - May 8 with 3380 viewsShun

There was the Spurs season where we ended up playing something stupid like twice a week for the majority of the last two months. Though as you say, only a few of those postponements were due to the weather (that was the Beast from the East year if I remember rightly) - most were due to our FA Cup run, and a few international call-ups.
Update from the Directors on 12:06 - May 8 with 3342 viewsTVOS1907

Update from the Directors on 11:30 - May 8 by Shun

There was the Spurs season where we ended up playing something stupid like twice a week for the majority of the last two months. Though as you say, only a few of those postponements were due to the weather (that was the Beast from the East year if I remember rightly) - most were due to our FA Cup run, and a few international call-ups.

Precisely.

I might have a look later today at the original fixture lists and when the games were eventually played to see how many were down to the pitch/weather.

Off the top of my head in that season, Wigan & Plymouth at home were definitely down to those reasons, but the Oldham postponement was because the original game was on the weekend we played Spurs.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Update from the Directors on 12:55 - May 8 with 3293 viewsrhf

A good and realistic update from the board, planning for worst case scenario, and there does seem an air of confidence we will get through it. Looking at the player situation you would expect that unless someone is on really low money or prepared to accept that short term all who’s contracts are up at the end of June will be released.
Update from the Directors on 13:13 - May 8 with 3266 viewsJames1980

Not sure memory playing tricks on me probably.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Update from the Directors on 14:03 - May 8 with 3208 viewsChaffRAFC

A good interview and very good that the board have spoken with the trust with in a bid to keep the supporters as updated as possible.

The work going into to managing this situation is to be applauded.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Update from the Directors on 14:11 - May 8 with 3202 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just taking the opportunity to say a big thank you to the Media team who have maintained interest ( I look up Twitter mostly) during these unknown times but will no longer be able so to do.......look forward to business as usual some day soon!
Update from the Directors on 20:31 - May 10 with 2746 viewssuffolkdale

Update from the Directors on 14:03 - May 8 by ChaffRAFC

A good interview and very good that the board have spoken with the trust with in a bid to keep the supporters as updated as possible.

The work going into to managing this situation is to be applauded.

Agreed - the good working relationship between the Trust and the Exec team at the Club is to be applauded. Particularly important at times like this and I appreciated the openness from the club as fake news is all around us!
Update from the Directors on 21:06 - May 10 with 2714 viewskel

Update from the Directors on 20:31 - May 10 by suffolkdale

Agreed - the good working relationship between the Trust and the Exec team at the Club is to be applauded. Particularly important at times like this and I appreciated the openness from the club as fake news is all around us!

Indeed. Interesting that those who can’t wait to have a pop at the Trust (and sometimes it’s board members) whenever they can haven’t offered up a bit of balance in their views when good work is clearly being done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024