Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lotto News 11:16 - May 21 with 31088 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/may/dale-lotto_important-information/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Lotto News on 11:45 - May 21 with 6851 viewsDalenet

The world has changed and I suspect there are many behaviours that will change forever. We have to move on as sad as it will be for some. Just hope that watching live football isn't also something people decide they can do without
Lotto News on 11:54 - May 21 with 6819 viewsReedy

Very shocked to learn about this on here. The club say in the article that the agents have been written to, I’ve not received anything (this may just be me though)

My main point is that this will be the death of the lottery for the club, the club have pushed incredibly hard over the last couple of years to get people to go to direct debit, and it hasn’t worked, 99% of my members only pay me because I’ve don’t it for so long and the same 99% will have no interest in doing direct debit. This has been said time and again by myself and other agents. There is no way the lottery will break even never mind make a profit anymore.

It wouldn’t surprise me if when all this is over, the club realise they’ve made a balls up and ask to do the doorstep collections once again. Unfortunately by then it will be too late, and a lot of the paying members won’t be interested anymore.

Very saddened to learn that after 12 years (I know some have done much longer) that we weren’t even informed.

Blog: The FA Cup

Lotto News on 12:12 - May 21 with 6785 viewsChaffRAFC

Lotto News on 11:54 - May 21 by Reedy

Very shocked to learn about this on here. The club say in the article that the agents have been written to, I’ve not received anything (this may just be me though)

My main point is that this will be the death of the lottery for the club, the club have pushed incredibly hard over the last couple of years to get people to go to direct debit, and it hasn’t worked, 99% of my members only pay me because I’ve don’t it for so long and the same 99% will have no interest in doing direct debit. This has been said time and again by myself and other agents. There is no way the lottery will break even never mind make a profit anymore.

It wouldn’t surprise me if when all this is over, the club realise they’ve made a balls up and ask to do the doorstep collections once again. Unfortunately by then it will be too late, and a lot of the paying members won’t be interested anymore.

Very saddened to learn that after 12 years (I know some have done much longer) that we weren’t even informed.

I'll be honest, since the reboot of the Dale Lotto, I've thought the agents were on borrowed time and it was always gonna be a case of when and not if we were gonna be redundant.

The fact it's come now is of no surprise to me either. I'm disappointed as I was reliant on the discounted season ticket and have had my Milnrow round for well over a decade and built up a cracking rapport with the customers on there which has just ended without warning. I've been an agent for about 20 years with a slight break in the middle.

I think the disappointing aspect of this was finding out by a tweet this morning and not having had the letter before hand but I get that the club need to get this news out there to the existing customers to try and claw in any money.

A sad end really. A lot of people have put in a lot of work over the years in all weather. I even got attacked by a dog on mine and had to go to A&E!

Thank you to the likes of Richard Wild (gave me my first round as a teenager), Colin Wild, Alistair Orr, Phil Worthington, Pete Woodhouse and Ray for their help over the years.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Lotto News on 12:32 - May 21 with 6729 viewsMIlnrowdale

can imagine there will be a bit of an uproar due to people paying in money for 22 weeks and jackpot rolling over to £2700 just to be cancelled, they should do 1 final draw even if its just for the jackpot and then start a fresh.
Lotto News on 12:32 - May 21 with 6720 viewsTVOS1907

Presumably members who have already paid in advance to their doorstep collector will be able to find out how many more weeks they have to go before a renewal is necessary?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lotto News on 12:36 - May 21 with 6701 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 12:12 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

I'll be honest, since the reboot of the Dale Lotto, I've thought the agents were on borrowed time and it was always gonna be a case of when and not if we were gonna be redundant.

The fact it's come now is of no surprise to me either. I'm disappointed as I was reliant on the discounted season ticket and have had my Milnrow round for well over a decade and built up a cracking rapport with the customers on there which has just ended without warning. I've been an agent for about 20 years with a slight break in the middle.

I think the disappointing aspect of this was finding out by a tweet this morning and not having had the letter before hand but I get that the club need to get this news out there to the existing customers to try and claw in any money.

A sad end really. A lot of people have put in a lot of work over the years in all weather. I even got attacked by a dog on mine and had to go to A&E!

Thank you to the likes of Richard Wild (gave me my first round as a teenager), Colin Wild, Alistair Orr, Phil Worthington, Pete Woodhouse and Ray for their help over the years.

This post has been edited by an administrator

From the first 2 agents' meetings I attended on revamping Goldbond it was as clear as day that Bottomley wanted rid of agents, and now this wish can be enabled behind the veil of a pandemic.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lotto News on 13:08 - May 21 with 6620 viewsChaffRAFC

Letter has just arrived in the post, very much the same as the online article.

Lotto News on 15:01 - May 21 with 6479 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 13:08 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

Letter has just arrived in the post, very much the same as the online article.

Are the club still engaging Place Enterprise?
[Post edited 21 May 2020 15:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Lotto News on 19:36 - May 21 with 6275 viewsrickyprickles

Very sad but inevitable. I did a couple of rounds many years ago. Special shoutout to Pete woodhouse who took me round the first week or two. I really hope it thrives, I pay mine through DD now. I feel for you guys who have a regular round and have now lost it. I really hope 99% of folk don’t cancel!
The club has to move forward with the times and sadly this is one decision I guess had to be made. I really doubt the club would exist today if it wasn’t for Steve Walmersley setting up Goldbond in was it ‘91??
Stay safe folks, Up the Dale!
[Post edited 21 May 2020 19:37]
Lotto News on 21:10 - May 21 with 6159 viewsJames1980

I can only empathise with and feel for those that have lost rounds or do not want to pay by direct debit.
It sounds as if it has been an important part of the club community over the years.

Lotto News on 21:46 - May 21 with 6107 viewsfitzochris

Lotto News on 21:10 - May 21 by James1980

I can only empathise with and feel for those that have lost rounds or do not want to pay by direct debit.
It sounds as if it has been an important part of the club community over the years.

Yes. It was.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lotto News on 22:08 - May 21 with 6066 viewsJames1980

Lotto News on 21:46 - May 21 by fitzochris

Yes. It was.

Pay by direct debit but would've been happy to pay my subs to an agent when I came up for matches.

Lotto News on 22:16 - May 21 with 6057 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 22:08 - May 21 by James1980

Pay by direct debit but would've been happy to pay my subs to an agent when I came up for matches.

Approx. 5,500 Goldbond members approached to convert. Less than 50 did so.

Lotto News on 22:22 - May 21 with 6047 viewsJames1980

Lotto News on 22:16 - May 21 by judd

Approx. 5,500 Goldbond members approached to convert. Less than 50 did so.

Do you think standing order which the payer has more control over would've had a better up take?

Lotto News on 22:27 - May 21 with 6041 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 22:22 - May 21 by James1980

Do you think standing order which the payer has more control over would've had a better up take?

It is a standing order not direct debit.

The conversion of Goldbond members was to the new Lotto at £2, not necessarily to SO.

I am a Goldbond member paying by SO. Well, I was.

20 years plus as a customer and 8 or 9 years an agent and no letter, email or phone call to explain before the decision appeared on social media.

Please read the Trust minutes from November 2019 to make sense of what the club told their buddies.

Lotto News on 22:50 - May 21 with 5999 viewsJames1980

Lotto News on 22:27 - May 21 by judd

It is a standing order not direct debit.

The conversion of Goldbond members was to the new Lotto at £2, not necessarily to SO.

I am a Goldbond member paying by SO. Well, I was.

20 years plus as a customer and 8 or 9 years an agent and no letter, email or phone call to explain before the decision appeared on social media.

Please read the Trust minutes from November 2019 to make sense of what the club told their buddies.

Sorry it was just that link in the OP refers to Direct Debit.

Lotto News on 22:58 - May 21 with 5980 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 22:50 - May 21 by James1980

Sorry it was just that link in the OP refers to Direct Debit.

No need to apologise. From memory the weekly sheets regularly implored members to sign an SO.

Less than 50 did so.

I hope all agents get their commissions without any fuss.

Lotto News on 05:23 - May 22 with 5881 viewsforeverhopefulDale

I think as an act of good will , the Club should give current agents a Season Ticket on the same basis as this season , for next season as well.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 5:27]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Lotto News on 10:37 - May 22 with 5741 viewsChaffRAFC

Lotto News on 05:23 - May 22 by foreverhopefulDale

I think as an act of good will , the Club should give current agents a Season Ticket on the same basis as this season , for next season as well.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 5:27]

While I would desperately want that, I can't see how that would be possible. This decision will have been done to save money, the discounted season ticket will have been a huge cost and certain measures were brought in to try and make it more difficult to get those season tickets anyway so I would think there's Bob Hope and no hope.

Lotto News on 10:58 - May 22 with 5706 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 10:37 - May 22 by ChaffRAFC

While I would desperately want that, I can't see how that would be possible. This decision will have been done to save money, the discounted season ticket will have been a huge cost and certain measures were brought in to try and make it more difficult to get those season tickets anyway so I would think there's Bob Hope and no hope.

Huge cost?

Not sure how many agents there are, sorry, were.

If a basic round had 50 customers paying £0.50 per week, after 15% commission and allow £170 discount for the season ticket, the net takings for the club is £935.00 before prizes and full time staff costs.

Assume 100 agents, this would generate £93,500 gross.

Assume these agents now all pay the full £200 ST price = £20,000.

How many members should we assume will transfer to SO/DD, knowing that less than 50 have done so since the new Lotto was introduced?

The new Lotto pays out 20% of takings to a charity of the club's choice.

They also have the "Lotto partner" as referenced in the minutes of the Trust meeting of November 2019, who I believe to be a company called Place Enterprise. Do they work for free, or do they take a cut of the aforementioned 20%?

Lotto News on 11:50 - May 22 with 5664 views49thseason

Lotto News on 10:37 - May 22 by ChaffRAFC

Giving away a season ticket doesnt actually cost the club anything if the recipient wouldnt normally turn up and pay. There are the better part of 6000 emptyk seats at every home game so no real loss in giving a few to collectors a ST at a low price .

The stupid part of this decision is that it further distances the club from the community it serves at exactly the time when having people knocking on doors checking if customers are OK would be excellent PR. For many, the Dale collector may be the only conversation thay have all day, possibly all week.

The lack of imagination applied by the club is astonishing, that lack of communication to collectors is shocking.
Lotto News on 13:05 - May 22 with 5596 viewsTVOS1907

Lotto News on 11:50 - May 22 by 49thseason

Giving away a season ticket doesnt actually cost the club anything if the recipient wouldnt normally turn up and pay. There are the better part of 6000 emptyk seats at every home game so no real loss in giving a few to collectors a ST at a low price .

The stupid part of this decision is that it further distances the club from the community it serves at exactly the time when having people knocking on doors checking if customers are OK would be excellent PR. For many, the Dale collector may be the only conversation thay have all day, possibly all week.

The lack of imagination applied by the club is astonishing, that lack of communication to collectors is shocking.

The vast majority (if not all) of Goldbond/Lotto agents are already fans anyway, so those people would normally turn up and pay.

The discounted season ticket is one of the factors for them choosing to become an agent.

Lotto News on 13:25 - May 22 with 5573 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 13:05 - May 22 by TVOS1907

The vast majority (if not all) of Goldbond/Lotto agents are already fans anyway, so those people would normally turn up and pay.

The discounted season ticket is one of the factors for them choosing to become an agent.

Without such an incentive (it was a free ST originally) there would probably never have been any agents.

It helps pensioners, students, unfortunately unemployed afford a season ticket, as well as the club getting money in.

Parasites.

Lotto News on 13:49 - May 22 with 5528 viewsTVOS1907

Lotto News on 13:25 - May 22 by judd

Without such an incentive (it was a free ST originally) there would probably never have been any agents.

It helps pensioners, students, unfortunately unemployed afford a season ticket, as well as the club getting money in.

Parasites.

Do they get them as well?

Seriously, though, having been an agent myself in the past, I agree with you.

Lotto News on 14:36 - May 22 with 5485 viewsStatzdale

I’m disgusted as I was sacked by social media. As a Goldbond Agent doing two rounds since 2004 and not missing a week until the suspension I feel royally shafted. I don’t attend matches so it was my way of supporting the club and loved doing it so a ST would be of no use at all to me, plus why would you patronise the place who have just sacked you. But when they encouraged everyone to go onto DD I suspected that this would happen but hoped it wouldn’t. I was looking forward to recommencing my walks alas not anymore.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 15:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024