Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lotto News 11:16 - May 21 with 30617 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/may/dale-lotto_important-information/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Lotto News on 07:19 - May 30 with 3299 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lotto News on 13:01 - May 29 by TVOS1907

Just received my letter.

There is an option on the form to pay £1 per week for the '2 membership package', which equates to a £53.31 payment to start with, then £52 per year starting in 12 months. That makes mathematical sense. (Apart from the extra £1.31 on the first payment)

To pay £2 per week instead, for the '4 membership package', the respective costs are £106.62 & £104. Again, that works mathematically.

However, if you chose '2 memberships' from the dropdown menu here: https://paymymembership.co.uk/dale/ , the costs are £213.22, then £208.

If you change that on the link to '1 membership, those costs halve.

So, unless I'm missing something, what is defined as '1 membership' on the online link is the same cost as '4 memberships' on the form.

Similar discrepancies occur for other 'memberships'.

It's making my head hurt...
[Post edited 29 May 2020 13:12]

I received a similar letter and I don’t think it’s confusing; I think the letter sent out is just plainly wrong!

The letter is offering half price entry when there is no such thing.

Another confusing thing about that form is that it directs you to contact Ray Parry is you have any question on Dale Lotto.

I assume this is the same chap who was furloughed 9 weeks ago and isn’t unfortunately currently working?

These Dale Lotto changes all seem very rushed and ill considered to me.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Lotto News on 11:51 - May 30 with 3208 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 07:19 - May 30 by RAFCBLUE

I received a similar letter and I don’t think it’s confusing; I think the letter sent out is just plainly wrong!

Another confusing thing about that form is that it directs you to contact Ray Parry is you have any question on Dale Lotto.

I assume this is the same chap who was furloughed 9 weeks ago and isn’t unfortunately currently working?

Let them eat cake

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lotto News on 19:54 - May 31 with 3028 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lotto News on 11:51 - May 30 by judd

Let them eat cake

That quotation in context has always been presented as Marie Antoinette's disregard for the peasants or her poor understanding of their situation if not both.

I did read the Trust's question on the matter and the response with a raised eyebrow:

It was disappointing that a number of long-standing agents have not received any communication from the club, and discovered via the club’s social media that their services were no longer required after many years’ service. The Trust itself was a Lotto agent and have not been contacted by the club. Why is that?

Every effort was taken to contact all 92 Agents. A letter has gone out with a cheque for any commission owing (some agents have received this using BACS payments), but we are not able to control the postal delivery (especially currently) which may have led to some delays. What I can tell you is that a small number of people operating on a 50 % salary cut, are regularly working 12-14 hour days to keep the club running and we don’t live in a perfect world at times regarding contact. We are doing what is the absolute best for the club, and we have only the best intentions on all matters. Any agent who has not received their letter and/or commission should contact the club.

The Trust must have been out that afternoon when the contact of the club was made.

Pies would have better here than cake, judd.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Lotto News on 09:27 - Jun 1 with 2930 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 19:54 - May 31 by RAFCBLUE

That quotation in context has always been presented as Marie Antoinette's disregard for the peasants or her poor understanding of their situation if not both.

I did read the Trust's question on the matter and the response with a raised eyebrow:

It was disappointing that a number of long-standing agents have not received any communication from the club, and discovered via the club’s social media that their services were no longer required after many years’ service. The Trust itself was a Lotto agent and have not been contacted by the club. Why is that?

Every effort was taken to contact all 92 Agents. A letter has gone out with a cheque for any commission owing (some agents have received this using BACS payments), but we are not able to control the postal delivery (especially currently) which may have led to some delays. What I can tell you is that a small number of people operating on a 50 % salary cut, are regularly working 12-14 hour days to keep the club running and we don’t live in a perfect world at times regarding contact. We are doing what is the absolute best for the club, and we have only the best intentions on all matters. Any agent who has not received their letter and/or commission should contact the club.

The Trust must have been out that afternoon when the contact of the club was made.

Pies would have better here than cake, judd.

You have to ask if the resource of the club is not up to carrying out the task, then why judge this to be the right time?

Your mention of pies, RAFCBLUE, is another reminder of an out-sourcing venture that has also failed to deliver.

Another element of the Trust questions threw up the remarkable fact that we are one of only two clubs that collect at the doorstep. This was challenged on the Trust's facebook page with a long list of clubs that carried out this service, only for the Trust to respond that the comment applied only to those clubs engaged with our lotto partners. So, how many is this then? I do find it strange how the club's response in these meetings is never questioned.

In fact, I've been baffled all weekend as to the whole Trust involvement in this. 6 months ago a whole chapter was devoted to the concerns of agents and the way things were. No mention at that time of illegality, falling profits or the need to wind the lotto up. We even had an upbeat assessment of the lottery department's performance at the fans forum.

Now the proverbial has hit the fan and the sacking without notice of 92 part time agents becomes the meat on a tongue sandwich.

Baffling return address on the agents letter envelope, a Freepost PMM to return your DD form back in (send 'em all back empty, I say), no reference to Rochdale Football Club. All very cloak and dagger.

I suppose we are all left dangling and salivating in anticipation of the promised reward for our loyalty - finally getting the free jacket to go out to collect in? A free Dale mask for the final round to persuade customers to transfer?

A former chief executive recently contacted me to suggest that I may want to add to this thread that a typical weekly contribution 20 years ago was £5,200 nett profit, and how the club can lose that over 20 years is the real question.

The questioning in recent times should really have been focussed around how good Goldbond had been for the club and how to get it back towards those halcyon levels.

Another contact - an agent of near 20 years standing - "My members deserve better than a shitty letter from a faceless lottery partner with an RAFC logo. So I feel I owe it to them to write to them personally to thank them for everything over that time. But do I endorse them continuing their support via DD? Support a lottery that...I have no idea where some of the money is going? If we are desperate for every penny why does 20% go to a non Dale charity. How much goes to our lottery partner? I know canvassing firms aren't cheap either."

It wouldn't surprise me any longer to see the traditional awards night now transferred out of the club owned Ratcliffe bars to the Town Hall in recognition of the first of the loans winging their way to us.

Lotto News on 19:06 - Jun 1 with 2811 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Lotto News on 09:27 - Jun 1 by judd

You have to ask if the resource of the club is not up to carrying out the task, then why judge this to be the right time?

Your mention of pies, RAFCBLUE, is another reminder of an out-sourcing venture that has also failed to deliver.

Another element of the Trust questions threw up the remarkable fact that we are one of only two clubs that collect at the doorstep. This was challenged on the Trust's facebook page with a long list of clubs that carried out this service, only for the Trust to respond that the comment applied only to those clubs engaged with our lotto partners. So, how many is this then? I do find it strange how the club's response in these meetings is never questioned.

In fact, I've been baffled all weekend as to the whole Trust involvement in this. 6 months ago a whole chapter was devoted to the concerns of agents and the way things were. No mention at that time of illegality, falling profits or the need to wind the lotto up. We even had an upbeat assessment of the lottery department's performance at the fans forum.

Now the proverbial has hit the fan and the sacking without notice of 92 part time agents becomes the meat on a tongue sandwich.

Baffling return address on the agents letter envelope, a Freepost PMM to return your DD form back in (send 'em all back empty, I say), no reference to Rochdale Football Club. All very cloak and dagger.

I suppose we are all left dangling and salivating in anticipation of the promised reward for our loyalty - finally getting the free jacket to go out to collect in? A free Dale mask for the final round to persuade customers to transfer?

A former chief executive recently contacted me to suggest that I may want to add to this thread that a typical weekly contribution 20 years ago was £5,200 nett profit, and how the club can lose that over 20 years is the real question.

The questioning in recent times should really have been focussed around how good Goldbond had been for the club and how to get it back towards those halcyon levels.

Another contact - an agent of near 20 years standing - "My members deserve better than a shitty letter from a faceless lottery partner with an RAFC logo. So I feel I owe it to them to write to them personally to thank them for everything over that time. But do I endorse them continuing their support via DD? Support a lottery that...I have no idea where some of the money is going? If we are desperate for every penny why does 20% go to a non Dale charity. How much goes to our lottery partner? I know canvassing firms aren't cheap either."

It wouldn't surprise me any longer to see the traditional awards night now transferred out of the club owned Ratcliffe bars to the Town Hall in recognition of the first of the loans winging their way to us.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/258828/will-you-be-signing-

I just wonder how representative the attached poll is, of the wider Dale support and of those who were doorstep customers. I personally won’t be switching, instead will spend the money either in the Club shop or golden gamble. This is for various reasons, many of which have been raised by Judd. I am not interested in paying into a Dale lotto to help the profits of third party companies. Also I would rather donate directly to those charities I wish to support. I am appalled at how badly the agents have been treated. I am appalled at how the Club appear to have allowed the doorstep collections to dwindle.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Lotto News on 11:43 - Jun 18 with 2479 viewsseasidedale

I know we have had our moans and groans about the lotto, but in this uncertain times where we little or no income what about calling “a truce” and as many of us as possible sign up for it, if only until crowds are back again, I have increased mine
UP THE DALE !
Lotto News on 12:34 - Jun 18 with 2402 viewsupthedale

Lotto News on 11:43 - Jun 18 by seasidedale

I know we have had our moans and groans about the lotto, but in this uncertain times where we little or no income what about calling “a truce” and as many of us as possible sign up for it, if only until crowds are back again, I have increased mine
UP THE DALE !

I signed up this week, with similar logic to you.
Lotto News on 12:50 - Jun 18 with 2378 viewstony_roch975

Lotto News on 12:34 - Jun 18 by upthedale

I signed up this week, with similar logic to you.

me too

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Lotto News on 10:25 - Jun 20 with 2204 viewsmikehunt

Did you sign up for £1 or £2 per week? I would sign up for a quid but that doesn't seem possible.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Lotto News on 13:39 - Jun 26 with 2032 viewsrobbowood

Lotto News on 10:25 - Jun 20 by mikehunt

Did you sign up for £1 or £2 per week? I would sign up for a quid but that doesn't seem possible.

£1 a week will be available shortly on line

I have signed up for £53.31 this year and then £52.00 yearly after that

I have just had an e-mail from Claire (Frances assistant I think) who tells me

"Yes the paper direct debit leaflet is for the £1.00 per week sign up and the online is for the £2.00 sign up.

This has been amended to include an option online for the £1.00 per week (2 membership package)

This option will be on the website shortly alongside a marketing campaign to promote this to the fans."
Lotto News on 16:57 - Jun 26 with 1918 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 13:39 - Jun 26 by robbowood

"Yes the paper direct debit leaflet is for the £1.00 per week sign up and the online is for the £2.00 sign up.

This has been amended to include an option online for the £1.00 per week (2 membership package)

This option will be on the website shortly alongside a marketing campaign to promote this to the fans."

I thought only a couple of staff were actually working, the rest having been furloughed?

Lotto News on 18:42 - Jun 26 with 1842 viewsrobbowood

Lotto News on 16:57 - Jun 26 by judd

I thought only a couple of staff were actually working, the rest having been furloughed?

most likely working from home
Lotto News on 19:55 - Jun 26 with 1777 viewsEllDale

If the club aren’t seeing all the money from my long-standing direct debit as a percentage is being creamed off by third parties I’m seriously considering cancelling it.
The club won’t lose out because I’ll just buy more Golden Gamble tickets.
Lotto News on 20:46 - Jun 26 with 1741 viewsncfc_chalky

Without trawling through eight pages of posts does anybody know how much of a £1 lotto stake Dale actually recieve?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Lotto News on 20:57 - Jun 26 with 1730 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 20:46 - Jun 26 by ncfc_chalky

Without trawling through eight pages of posts does anybody know how much of a £1 lotto stake Dale actually recieve?

Someone knows.

Was said to be 80% with 20% going to Barry Kilbeys Protate cancer charity.

Who pays Total Gaming Solutions and their canvassers, Place Enterprise?

Lotto News on 21:00 - Jun 26 with 1721 viewsncfc_chalky

Lotto News on 20:57 - Jun 26 by judd

Someone knows.

Thanks judd

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Lotto News on 21:06 - Jun 26 with 1703 viewsJames1980

Lotto News on 20:57 - Jun 26 by judd

Someone knows.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04776491/filing-history
Does this answer any questions regarding Dale lotto?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Lotto News on 21:57 - Jun 26 with 1667 viewsEllDale

I hope their financial competence is better than their geography.
Since when has Nantwich been in Lancashire?
Lotto News on 09:10 - Jun 27 with 1539 viewsRaymondJohn

Lotto News on 13:39 - Jun 26 by robbowood

Clare works for TGS
Lotto News on 09:12 - Jun 27 with 1535 viewsRaymondJohn

Lotto News on 07:19 - May 30 by RAFCBLUE

Yes I am furloughed
Lotto News on 10:19 - Jun 27 with 1472 viewsReedy

Lotto News on 20:46 - Jun 26 by ncfc_chalky

Interesting question.

I would estimate as somewhere between 60p-70p in each £1. Whichever way you cut it, it will be more than the 15% agents got.

Blog: The FA Cup

Lotto News on 11:01 - Jun 27 with 1431 viewsjudd

Lotto News on 09:10 - Jun 27 by RaymondJohn

Clare works for TGS

Thanks.

Lotto News on 12:21 - Jun 27 with 1377 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The more I know and find out the more I am convinced that I will not be going on DD. Like I have said previously, I will ring fence the £52 and pay it directly to the Club, either through the Club Shop or Match day golden gamble, whatever it’s called nowadays. Can someone tell me, if the Club gets all of the income through Golden Gamble?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Lotto News on 12:29 - Jun 27 with 1365 viewsReedy

Lotto News on 12:21 - Jun 27 by foreverhopefulDale

The more I know and find out the more I am convinced that I will not be going on DD. Like I have said previously, I will ring fence the £52 and pay it directly to the Club, either through the Club Shop or Match day golden gamble, whatever it’s called nowadays. Can someone tell me, if the Club gets all of the income through Golden Gamble?

Yes it does, a percentage is paid to the sellers (which they thoroughly deserve) and then he rest is split 50/50 between the club and the winner.

Blog: The FA Cup

Lotto News on 12:35 - Jun 27 with 1356 viewsRaymondJohn

Lotto News on 12:29 - Jun 27 by Reedy

Yes it does, a percentage is paid to the sellers (which they thoroughly deserve) and then he rest is split 50/50 between the club and the winner.

No Reedy, that is not the correct Information on grab a grand. You quoting previous golden gamble which doe no longer exist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024