Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24003 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:37 - May 22 with 6727 views442Dale

The mentality of some indeed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-co

Who knew that if grandparents could help with childcare in these situations? Over to you, Prime Minister.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:41]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:14 - May 22 with 6661 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:37 - May 22 by 442Dale

The mentality of some indeed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-co

Who knew that if grandparents could help with childcare in these situations? Over to you, Prime Minister.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:41]

Rules are for plebs

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:24 - May 22 with 6645 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:25 - May 22 with 6643 viewsSandyman

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:14 - May 22 by rochdaleriddler

Rules are for plebs

18th March 2020
"Boris Johnson tells parents 'don't leave children with grandparents or older relatives' after announcing school closures"

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/boris-johnson-tells-parents
Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:28 - May 22 with 6625 viewsD_Alien

Unsupportable, if true

The Scottish health chief had to resign for taking liberties not extended to ple... other citizens; and of course, Neil Ferguson

[Post edited 22 May 2020 21:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:30 - May 22 with 6625 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:25 - May 22 by Sandyman

18th March 2020
"Boris Johnson tells parents 'don't leave children with grandparents or older relatives' after announcing school closures"

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/boris-johnson-tells-parents

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:12 - May 22 with 6552 viewsShun

As someone who’s been around the community every day since lockdown began, the traffic is without doubt increasing every day. The amount of people flouting the lockdown even in its strictest phase (usually young chavvy lads) was stupid. That a lot of people now seem like it’s time to act as normal again, social distancing be damned, is just frustrating.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:14 - May 22 with 6552 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:12 - May 22 by Shun

As someone who’s been around the community every day since lockdown began, the traffic is without doubt increasing every day. The amount of people flouting the lockdown even in its strictest phase (usually young chavvy lads) was stupid. That a lot of people now seem like it’s time to act as normal again, social distancing be damned, is just frustrating.

Isn't an increase in traffic also down to more people returning to work as more places re-open?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:20 - May 22 with 6543 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:14 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Isn't an increase in traffic also down to more people returning to work as more places re-open?

A fair bit of it's during the working day, i.e. continuous

Shun's right about the ple... chavs, they've been a damned nuisance since day 1 of lockdown

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:25 - May 22 with 6530 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:20 - May 22 by D_Alien

A fair bit of it's during the working day, i.e. continuous

Shun's right about the ple... chavs, they've been a damned nuisance since day 1 of lockdown

So not discrete... (Maths joke)

I don't see many cars on the hills!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:43 - May 22 with 6509 viewsThacks_Rabbits

i genuinely give up. A post that had nothing really to do with politics gets political. Again!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:48 - May 22 with 6494 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:43 - May 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

i genuinely give up. A post that had nothing really to do with politics gets political. Again!!!

Of course there’s politics involved because the bloke is involved in it! Even forgetting that, this story is one which shows the mentality of some during these times. So it’s completely on topic and illustrates why some will do as they please with the old “well they are doing it, why can’t I?” excuse. And when it’s someone in this position, that is magnified even further.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:11 - May 22 with 6462 viewsKenBoon

I don't understand the British self-loathing. There are dickheads in every country who'd behave the same. There's also people who aren't dickheads but just suffer brain fade. There are no more or less here. Physical distancing rage is going to become a 'thing' isn't it 😂 Put the Queen's speech on YouTube, queue up some We'll meet again, sit back and think of England.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:13 - May 22 with 6451 viewsSuddenLad

I would venture to suggest that there is a distinct difference between wandering about at will in public, often in groups, without giving a fcuk about the rules, and travelling in a sealed vehicle, with a member of your own household to a specific destination.

I realise the media have a thirst to crucify anyone in authority and it creates headlines, but there are more irresponsible, idiotic morons going unchallenged on a daily basis that should be the real focus of attention.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:13 - May 22 with 6458 viewsSandyman

"The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.
Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc"

Well, your agreeable comments did mention "governmental" , and one of those who should be leading by example has been leading in fkuwittery. Cummings, with C-19 confirmed thinks it's OK travel to the other end of the country to let his kids stay with their grandparents against all the rules HIS government employers have imposed? I've obeyed all the rules and show no symptoms of C-19, but I can't travel to 4 miles to see my grandkids? That equals one law for them, one law for us. Cummings' selfishness and idiocy has amplified the issue, not anyone on here.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 05:36 - May 23 with 6320 viewsrochdaleriddler

You argue in your post about stupid people flouting lockdown and social distancing rules, and one of the architects of said rules drives 270 miles with another Covid sufferer and child to stay with another family. They weren’t fined, and you think it shouldn’t be political. How absurd

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:23 - May 23 with 6276 viewssmaclad1

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:13 - May 22 by SuddenLad

I would venture to suggest that there is a distinct difference between wandering about at will in public, often in groups, without giving a fcuk about the rules, and travelling in a sealed vehicle, with a member of your own household to a specific destination.

I realise the media have a thirst to crucify anyone in authority and it creates headlines, but there are more irresponsible, idiotic morons going unchallenged on a daily basis that should be the real focus of attention.

There is a difference, as you say, between the two cases.

However, with regard to the media wishing to crucify someone, just ponder this.

Cummings is a politically appointed advisor at the heart of a government which has effectively placed the country in lockdown and effectively ordered those aged 70+ to 'shield' - ie to effectively remove themselves from society (and that is what it is because my son has received a shielding letter because of his health condition).

Cumming and his wife get Covid, which is a debilitating condition, and decide to travel 250+ miles, presumably by car. This in contrary to government pleadings and potentially in breach of the Coronavirus Act 2020. It also shows a disregard for the safety of their child(ren) and other road users as their driving ability will have been impaired by their then health condition. Unless a government driver took them in which case the government would be complicit in breaking its own laws and guidance.

Once in Durham, did Cummings not think about the danger he was putting his parents at? There is a better than fair chance that at least one of them is over 70 years. He was therefore breaking his government's guidance yet again and placing his parents in, if we believe government advice, in mortal danger. Unless, of course, as a person highly placed by a political party in the centre of government he and his family had access to Covid tests that were, at the time, being denied not only to the general population but also to essential NHS and care home staff. Which would, of itself, be outrageous to prioritise an appointed politico.

These are fair and reasonable questions, and I would like to know whether Cummings and/or the government have transgressed the laws and guidance issued by the government. These are important questions of rights and privilege at the heart of government against the interests of the people of the country as a whole.

I am in no position to ask these questions of Cummings or the government directly and so I have to rely on the media to ask these questions. We have a free press in this country who can ask these questions, though the actions of that free press at times leaves an awful lot to be desired. The press have challenged ordinary members of the public breaking lockdown by printing outraged news articles, reporting arrests, printing pictures and coining the phrase 'covidiots'. So, by the same token, the media must challenge Cummings and demand answers, and must report on calls for a government investigation and his sacking. It is no more than a free press should do.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 7:42]
Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:02 - May 23 with 6230 viewspioneer

I never understood how boris was discharged from hospital and went to chequers with all his minders when everyone else was told to stay at home and not visit their country/seaside retreats.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:11 - May 23 with 6223 viewsBartRowou

The real winners here will be the plebs - govt will go all bread and circuses on us.
They're probably zooming right now with the editors of the Mail on Sunday, Sunday Express and Telegraph for a distracting headline that the gullible will lap up.
I'm betting it'll be the suggested Bank Holiday in October.
Or a provisional opening date for pubs.
Or they will literally reopen Belle Vue Circus and give people bread to feed the penguins.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:33 - May 23 with 6195 viewsAtThePeake

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:11 - May 23 by BartRowou

The real winners here will be the plebs - govt will go all bread and circuses on us.
They're probably zooming right now with the editors of the Mail on Sunday, Sunday Express and Telegraph for a distracting headline that the gullible will lap up.
I'm betting it'll be the suggested Bank Holiday in October.
Or a provisional opening date for pubs.
Or they will literally reopen Belle Vue Circus and give people bread to feed the penguins.

I hadn't seen anything about the suggested Bank Holiday until this post. And here I was thinking extra bank holidays were just the desperate suggestions of work-shy Marxists trying to win votes.

Tangled up in blue.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:40 - May 23 with 6182 viewsmingthemerciless

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:13 - May 22 by SuddenLad

That's just what the Scotish medical advisor did and she had to walk the plank. She didn't have the virus at the time either. Taxi for Cummings in my opinion.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:52 - May 23 with 6148 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:23 - May 23 by smaclad1

There is a difference, as you say, between the two cases.

However, with regard to the media wishing to crucify someone, just ponder this.

Cummings is a politically appointed advisor at the heart of a government which has effectively placed the country in lockdown and effectively ordered those aged 70+ to 'shield' - ie to effectively remove themselves from society (and that is what it is because my son has received a shielding letter because of his health condition).

Cumming and his wife get Covid, which is a debilitating condition, and decide to travel 250+ miles, presumably by car. This in contrary to government pleadings and potentially in breach of the Coronavirus Act 2020. It also shows a disregard for the safety of their child(ren) and other road users as their driving ability will have been impaired by their then health condition. Unless a government driver took them in which case the government would be complicit in breaking its own laws and guidance.

Once in Durham, did Cummings not think about the danger he was putting his parents at? There is a better than fair chance that at least one of them is over 70 years. He was therefore breaking his government's guidance yet again and placing his parents in, if we believe government advice, in mortal danger. Unless, of course, as a person highly placed by a political party in the centre of government he and his family had access to Covid tests that were, at the time, being denied not only to the general population but also to essential NHS and care home staff. Which would, of itself, be outrageous to prioritise an appointed politico.

These are fair and reasonable questions, and I would like to know whether Cummings and/or the government have transgressed the laws and guidance issued by the government. These are important questions of rights and privilege at the heart of government against the interests of the people of the country as a whole.

I am in no position to ask these questions of Cummings or the government directly and so I have to rely on the media to ask these questions. We have a free press in this country who can ask these questions, though the actions of that free press at times leaves an awful lot to be desired. The press have challenged ordinary members of the public breaking lockdown by printing outraged news articles, reporting arrests, printing pictures and coining the phrase 'covidiots'. So, by the same token, the media must challenge Cummings and demand answers, and must report on calls for a government investigation and his sacking. It is no more than a free press should do.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 7:42]

There is absolutely a question to answer: that question is for Cummings to answer, and it's do i resign or wait to be sacked. If he's got the slightest amount of common sense (which his actions suggest he might not) he'll save his employer the trouble

No-one accused the SNP of being complicit in the actions of the Scottish CMO in travelling to her second home; just no need to go down that route

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:55 - May 23 with 6146 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:52 - May 23 by D_Alien

There is absolutely a question to answer: that question is for Cummings to answer, and it's do i resign or wait to be sacked. If he's got the slightest amount of common sense (which his actions suggest he might not) he'll save his employer the trouble

No-one accused the SNP of being complicit in the actions of the Scottish CMO in travelling to her second home; just no need to go down that route

If he goes, will Labour sack Stephen Kinnock?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:56 - May 23 with 6138 viewsblackdogblue

I thought most of us decided not to descend into political debates on here when the riot act was reiterated around T&C’s and let’s all be nice to each other.

Back to Thack’s op.

Lockdown has been a mixture for me, I am still working as our company is a key service, started off as business as usual then because I can do most of my job from home I have been doing. I go I the occasional day though which is more than Mrs BDB who hasn’t left the house apart from walking the dog a few times since this started.

I have also been shopping for older relatives who have underlying health problems but leave what they need at the front door, then just have a quick chat at the end of their drive, they too have not left the house since March.

What I have witnessed whilst out & about is traffic is like it would be now during a half term, a lot more busy certainly than it was a few weeks ago. Whilst panic buying seems to have subsided there are huge queues still at supermarkets and whilst they are trying their best with lines & one way systems I have witnessed people of all ages ignoring the rules or being verbally abusive to staff & security. One incident was at the pharmacy at Cutgate, a pensioner got so irate because there was some issue with her prescription the pharmacist ended up in tears and closed the place.. whilst not impressed as had been in the queue for over 30 mins, had to go back and start again the next day.

Thacks mentions tighter controls. I am all for that but the Police can’t be everywhere, I read an article in the mail last week, think it was around quarantine & the journalist said I wouldn’t worry, it’s not like they are going to catch you nipping to Tesco for some essentials is it? What a moby...
The only way to control it would be Marshall law & a curfew but we would need the Army to get involved & don’t think anyone wants that.

Whilst I believe I will die one day, that is a certainty, and as much as I miss the Pub I would like to see my kids married and hopefully grandchildren, what I don’t want is it ending sooner because some covid idiot can’t be arsed to respect social distancing rules...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:57 - May 23 with 6132 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:55 - May 23 by roccydaleian

If he goes, will Labour sack Stephen Kinnock?

Not heard about that roccy, what's the story?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024