Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24004 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:48 - May 23 with 1555 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:47 - May 23 by roccydaleian

Where did I say he should resign? I pointed out Kinnock did something very similar and he’s still in his job. Both are guilty so both should face the same consequences. I haven’t supported anyone on this subject, so please stop accusing me of something I haven’t done.

I said DA said he should resign, not you

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:00 - May 23 with 1529 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:47 - May 23 by D_Alien

But if you think about it, it isn't about politics at all, it's about human decency, and hypocrisy which all politicians engage in to some degree or other (not to mention everyone else)

This business involving Cummings is a particularly egregious example, and he should go

What i suspect will happen is he will go, but will continue to act as an adviser except behind the scenes instead of popping into Downing Street (and committees) in front of the cameras

[Post edited 23 May 2020 12:50]

Agreed on the human decency and that was behind the points being made elsewhere. We all have a part to play, and when mistakes are made, it unfortunately seems to be the norm to excuse and justify.

Still it goes on. It’s really quite pathetic.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:07 - May 23 with 1515 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:00 - May 23 by 442Dale

Agreed on the human decency and that was behind the points being made elsewhere. We all have a part to play, and when mistakes are made, it unfortunately seems to be the norm to excuse and justify.

Still it goes on. It’s really quite pathetic.

There's far more damage being done by trying to support him than by the original offence (it was an offence)

One of Cummings' particular talents (yes, he has some) has been the ability to judge the public mood. if this has now failed him, he might as well go anyway

Edit: i note that BJ hasn't yet publicly supported him. He needs to make the right decision, and today, unless it's made for him; but the longer we wait the worse it will get

Further edit: it needs to be before today's press briefing, at 4pm. Whoever the government puts forward to do the briefing will get slaughtered otherwise. Once the issue becomes the story, it's lost

[Post edited 23 May 2020 13:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:08 - May 23 with 1514 viewsjonesy

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:31 - May 23 by 442Dale

Why not add them to the other thread?

Because it’s appeared on this thread!
Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:26 - May 23 with 1466 viewsisitme

I suppose the distance and his position makes it a lot different from this situation?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52772306

By the way I am in no way trying to defend him, Neil Ferguson, Stephen Kinnock, or any of the many other lockdown breakers.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:37 - May 23 with 1440 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:26 - May 23 by isitme

I suppose the distance and his position makes it a lot different from this situation?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52772306

By the way I am in no way trying to defend him, Neil Ferguson, Stephen Kinnock, or any of the many other lockdown breakers.

What Cummings should've done was seek advice from his local health services, or 111

If they'd then advised the course of action he took, he'd have some sympathy for the predicament he and his family found himself in, but which as you rightly show with your link hasn't been an uncommon one during this crisis

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:43 - May 23 with 1423 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The worse thing that will come out of this will be the Cummings-led propaganda fight back that will be disseminated all over social media. Expect to see a lot of hapless people sharing messages from supposed ‘real’ people’s Facebook and Twitter accounts with us against them (them being politicians) messages such as ‘we don’t need government to tell us what’s common-sense or best for our families’ - usually accompanied by a Union Jack.
The outcome, however, will unfortunately be an undermining of the important social distancing message as people increasingly think the message to social distance is just over officious interference.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 13:48]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:48 - May 23 with 1402 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52782913

Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:53 - May 23 with 1391 viewsisitme

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:43 - May 23 by BigDaveMyCock

The worse thing that will come out of this will be the Cummings-led propaganda fight back that will be disseminated all over social media. Expect to see a lot of hapless people sharing messages from supposed ‘real’ people’s Facebook and Twitter accounts with us against them (them being politicians) messages such as ‘we don’t need government to tell us what’s common-sense or best for our families’ - usually accompanied by a Union Jack.
The outcome, however, will unfortunately be an undermining of the important social distancing message as people increasingly think the message to social distance is just over officious interference.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 13:48]

Unfortunately for a significant and growing minority they are already undermining the social distancing message. Where I live the only two people out clapping pans on Thursday evening are the two families who the past couple of weeks have been consistently floughting the rules.

The more people in the public eye are reported breaking lockdown rules the more the general public think why should I bother and it is not just those in political sphere but the likes of Kyle Walker etc who undermine the message.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 13:54]
Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:01 - May 23 with 1369 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Covid and the mentality of some! on 13:53 - May 23 by isitme

Unfortunately for a significant and growing minority they are already undermining the social distancing message. Where I live the only two people out clapping pans on Thursday evening are the two families who the past couple of weeks have been consistently floughting the rules.

The more people in the public eye are reported breaking lockdown rules the more the general public think why should I bother and it is not just those in political sphere but the likes of Kyle Walker etc who undermine the message.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 13:54]

Just read the BBC link shared by 442 and noted one Cabinet Minister tweeted “Caring for your family is not a crime.” That’s the very type of message that will be forwarded.
Of course it’s not a crime. However, the question is not either/or. You don’t have to break the rules to care for your family. But they are subtly associating the two.
For all those that followed the rules, you cared for your families and the wider public. If everyone did what he did...well, we, and all our families, would be fooked.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 14:02]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:02 - May 23 with 1365 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:36 - May 23 by roccydaleian

Can you point out where I’ve supported anyone on this subject please?

Even to a non-political person like me, it was obvious where you were going with your posts.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:06 - May 23 with 1359 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:18 - May 23 with 1338 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:02 - May 23 by TVOS1907

Even to a non-political person like me, it was obvious where you were going with your posts.

Would you care to elaborate then? It’s pretty simple really. If Labour want rid of Cummings and it’s reasonable for them to do so, I think it’s only reasonable that someone who’s done something very similar should face the same consequences. So go on then, what direction were my posts leading to apart from wanting some fairness?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 14:32]
Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:21 - May 23 with 1330 viewsSandyman

The more you look at what Cummings' friends are saying, the worse it gets!
"His actions were in line with coronavirus guidelines". Lies.
There were only 4 reasons allowed for travelling :
Travelling for work purposes.
One form of exercise a day.
Any medical need.
Shopping for basic necessities. The published guidelines said:

As quoted earlier in this thread, the guidance from the Prime Minister was NOT to use grandparents for child minding.
I've still got the letter and leaflet we were all sent from Boris Johnson about Coronavirus. Cummings has ignored the instructions within those documents. Boris' letter even says "These rules must be observed. So If people break the rules, the police will issue fines and disperse gatherings" . Other families have managed to cope with the young children in these situations and kept to the rules. Cummings should be fined and sacked for me.

PS: The other 2 MP's mentioned earlier would probably get away with it as they "claimed" to be delivering essential medical supplies, which is allowed.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:29 - May 23 with 1314 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:18 - May 23 by roccydaleian

Would you care to elaborate then? It’s pretty simple really. If Labour want rid of Cummings and it’s reasonable for them to do so, I think it’s only reasonable that someone who’s done something very similar should face the same consequences. So go on then, what direction were my posts leading to apart from wanting some fairness?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 14:32]

You know perfectly well what I'm getting at and Riddler gave it you on a plate.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:36 - May 23 with 1285 views442Dale

Some further points:

- it’s not about what others have done.
- it’s not about identifying mitigating circumstances.
- it’s not about whether there’s any sort of explanation using examples elsewhere.
- it’s about whether something will actually happen to illustrate to the public that those making decisions on behalf of us all care enough to admit that this was wrong. At the moment it’s actually becoming worse.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:41 - May 23 with 1266 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:36 - May 23 by 442Dale

Some further points:

- it’s not about what others have done.
- it’s not about identifying mitigating circumstances.
- it’s not about whether there’s any sort of explanation using examples elsewhere.
- it’s about whether something will actually happen to illustrate to the public that those making decisions on behalf of us all care enough to admit that this was wrong. At the moment it’s actually becoming worse.

Some leadership required here

Nay, expected

One hour twenty minutes till 4pm

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:46 - May 23 with 1251 viewspnc4eva1

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:55 - May 23 by roccydaleian

If he goes, will Labour sack Stephen Kinnock?

Will Johnson face the sack for going to his second home

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Covid and the mentality of some! on 14:48 - May 23 with 1248 viewselectricblue

The week before Boris put us in lockdown we where up on holiday in scotland ans all seemed normal.
The saturday before the announcement on tuesday we came home and everybody seemed totally different mentally to it all.
Sunday morning my wife got up early to buy groceries from work(works for a major supermarket) and at 8am whilst in store she was surprised by the lack of items on shelves...
She the travelled 10miles to an aldi and even though it had a small prelockdown queue she managed to purchase food etc....
And since the lockdown started she as bought items from work when required and we didnt hoard as there was no need to..

I never ventured out for over 4wks except fir an early morning dog walk before people got up...
Hardest part is not seeing my mother and my daughter even our niece n nephew, it really is an eye opener when you see people out n about as though its a normal day..

We are now in May and i have not been anywhere except the park it as become the new normality for me..

Im surprised with the ignorence of people that the death toll isnt higher than what we are told.....

Only plus side is that i can get landscape deliveries for our garden makeover....

The lockdown is causing mental health issues of alsorts people and i must admit i have started to feel it on several occaisions, im lucky as i guess as i can talk to various people via any means....

But to venture out needlessly i dont think so as i would rather be safe within my own abode, what does worry me is that my missus is a front line keyworker and the abuse she and her colleagues get is shocking and it comes from any age and walk of life......

Stay safe people.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:30 - May 23 with 1204 views442Dale

It’s literally become an episode of The Thick Of It now.
Does that mean Cummings is going to be the next Doctor Who?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:40 - May 23 with 1195 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:47 - May 23 by D_Alien

But if you think about it, it isn't about politics at all, it's about human decency, and hypocrisy which all politicians engage in to some degree or other (not to mention everyone else)

This business involving Cummings is a particularly egregious example, and he should go

What i suspect will happen is he will go, but will continue to act as an adviser except behind the scenes instead of popping into Downing Street (and committees) in front of the cameras

[Post edited 23 May 2020 12:50]

Agree with this, I felt sorry for Ferguson, I thought Kinnock and Jenrick were silly, but hardly of any importance. But Cummings is at the heart of Govt, and decency dictates he has to go

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 15:57 - May 23 with 1173 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:55 - May 23 by roccydaleian

If he goes, will Labour sack Stephen Kinnock?

They should do.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:03 - May 23 with 1153 viewsJames1980

They are not going to sack Cummings. A few members of government have already come out in support of him. Its a tad scary too me they won't criticise him at all. How much power does this man have over them?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:06 - May 23 with 1148 viewskel

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:07 - May 23 by EllGazzell

If he goes, will LBC sack this creature:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/key-worker-nigel-farage-slapped-21958877

What would the Czechs do?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:09 - May 23 with 1131 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:03 - May 23 by James1980

They are not going to sack Cummings. A few members of government have already come out in support of him. Its a tad scary too me they won't criticise him at all. How much power does this man have over them?

Too much

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024