Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Beardyman 19:34 - May 27 with 1754 viewsjudd

9 years ago today.

What he'd make of the shenanigans at gigg...

Poll: What is it to be then?

RIP Beardyman on 20:17 - May 27 with 1668 viewskel

Was an absolute pleasure to meet him and enjoy many a drink together. Wonderful bloke who gave me lots of good advice that I still use to this day.
RIP Beardyman on 20:18 - May 27 with 1665 viewskel

And he’d have loved to attend his own wake. That was a brilliant day in the circumstances, never to be forgotten.
RIP Beardyman on 20:27 - May 27 with 1642 viewsjudd

RIP Beardyman on 20:18 - May 27 by kel

And he’d have loved to attend his own wake. That was a brilliant day in the circumstances, never to be forgotten.

Agree with all of the above.

I'll never forget his wife having to come and drag him home one night after he, Beamish and me got on one in the Swan.

RIP Beardyman on 23:34 - May 27 with 1476 viewsncfc_chalky

I've often heard the name Beardyman crop up in here but I know very little about him,he must have been some character to be so fondly remembered nine years later,can anybody give a little history lesson to those not familiar with him
[Post edited 27 May 2020 23:35]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

RIP Beardyman on 08:26 - May 28 with 1350 viewsjudd

RIP Beardyman on 23:34 - May 27 by ncfc_chalky

I've often heard the name Beardyman crop up in here but I know very little about him,he must have been some character to be so fondly remembered nine years later,can anybody give a little history lesson to those not familiar with him
[Post edited 27 May 2020 23:35]

He was a man.

With a beard.

A lifelong bury fan and forever bury stalwart who gave generously on previous occasions when the famous old has beens were in financial trouble. It is hard to see how far Stewart Day would have got in securing FB's shareholding had Beardy been around.

He was a medical professional, I think in mental health, and owned a care home.

Bon viveur, raconteur and wit with an almost permanent hound dog expression as if always expecting to get caught having done something naughty. Dry and sharp, magnanimous in (rare) victory, gracious in defeat, whatever the result events would be denied beyond belief back in the hostelry of choice for the aftermatch catch up.

In terms of some of his stories, I can only give you a flavour of them when you consider that another fine bury fan of that time - Ooh Kenny Beamish - christened Beardy the randy old goat.

It was some comfort to those Dale fans who attended his funeral to hear that our messages had made him laugh whilst in hospital and I think it was R17ALE & TTNYear that organised an amusing bouquet of flowers for him.

His son - Barry Strange - sometimes posts on this board and is a fine fellow himself.

Beardyman succumbed to cancer, aged just 59.

RIP Beardyman on 09:50 - May 28 with 1301 viewsncfc_chalky

Thanks for that judd,he sounded like a top bloke and it's a pity that he's not still around with us

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024