Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premiership returns 17:09 - May 28 with 3430 viewsSuddenLad

June 17th.

Man City v Arsenal

Villa v Sheffield United

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Premiership returns on 18:57 - May 28 with 2735 viewsKenBoon

Every game broadcast live. BBC broadcasting 4 games. Sky broadcasting 64 with 25 for free including Liverpool vs Everton. Other extra games on BT and Amazon. I'd expect The Championship to follow and show all their games live (I think midweek ones already are). Meanwhile in League One...
Premiership returns on 22:15 - May 30 with 2519 viewsblackdogblue

Who cares about the premiership football,.. would rather watch paint dry than overpriced & overpaid primadonnas

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Premiership returns on 00:41 - May 31 with 2464 viewsfunkkk

Premiership returns on 22:15 - May 30 by blackdogblue

Who cares about the premiership football,.. would rather watch paint dry than overpriced & overpaid primadonnas

Hundreds of millions of people.
Premiership returns on 07:59 - May 31 with 2399 viewstodmordendale

I’m sure we will be able to see the latest tattoo and hairstyle.
Premiership returns on 07:59 - May 31 with 2399 viewsrichfoad32

Premiership returns on 22:15 - May 30 by blackdogblue

Aye. My interest in football has been waning for a few years now and I haven't missed it in the slightest since lockdown. It will be interesting to see if crowds return to normal when they're allowed to gather in stadiums again, not least because of fears of the virus but also a lot of people may have discovered that there are a lot of preferable alternatives to spend their time and money on in the last few months.
Premiership returns on 08:01 - May 31 with 2396 viewsisitme

Premiership returns on 07:59 - May 31 by richfoad32

Aye. My interest in football has been waning for a few years now and I haven't missed it in the slightest since lockdown. It will be interesting to see if crowds return to normal when they're allowed to gather in stadiums again, not least because of fears of the virus but also a lot of people may have discovered that there are a lot of preferable alternatives to spend their time and money on in the last few months.

Personally I cannot wait for live sport to resume.
Premiership returns on 08:04 - May 31 with 2392 viewstodmordendale

No doubt, They will have been rehearsing ridiculous goal celebrations to the empty stadium.
Premiership returns on 09:08 - May 31 with 2356 viewsfrenzied

Premiership returns on 00:41 - May 31 by funkkk

Hundreds of millions of people.

its not for me either but hasn't been for years ..im sure many will welcome it back..there may be some for who its absence has not made their hearts grow fonder thou.

At the moment i find the German footy un watchable.i actually prefer the Big Match Revisited on itv 4..footy from the 70s..the latest prog has highlights of a game at Bury..the commentating of Brian Moore is a joy..the footy is across all divisions..waiting for a game that Hugh Jons is commentating on..again a joy to hear..
Login to get fewer ads

Premiership returns on 09:13 - May 31 with 2348 viewsfrenzied

Premiership returns on 08:04 - May 31 by todmordendale

No doubt, They will have been rehearsing ridiculous goal celebrations to the empty stadium.

Who will be the first attention seeking pleb that lifts up his shirt to have "i love the NHS "shirt underneath" ?
Premiership returns on 18:38 - May 31 with 2237 viewsChaffRAFC

I fell out a little bit with Premier League football but that was probably because of Liverpool dominating. I've found that football at the top level is more about image than the actual game and that's what's grated on me, especially the last couple of seasons. The likes of Jesse Lingard becoming brands in themselves when they're not good enough for the club they're at but they appeal to a certain age group etc.

That said, I now cannot wait for it to return. I can't wait for the majority of sports to return, rugby and tennis the two exceptions.

As for the Bundesliga, I've enjoyed watching, found it a very good technical standard. Also think the lack of crowd has made me watch the football more, no distractions from the crowd has allowed me to properly focus on the game and how it's been played.

That said, I also cannot wait for crowds to be back.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Premiership returns on 19:27 - May 31 with 2201 viewsblackdogblue

Premiership returns on 18:38 - May 31 by ChaffRAFC

I fell out a little bit with Premier League football but that was probably because of Liverpool dominating. I've found that football at the top level is more about image than the actual game and that's what's grated on me, especially the last couple of seasons. The likes of Jesse Lingard becoming brands in themselves when they're not good enough for the club they're at but they appeal to a certain age group etc.

That said, I now cannot wait for it to return. I can't wait for the majority of sports to return, rugby and tennis the two exceptions.

As for the Bundesliga, I've enjoyed watching, found it a very good technical standard. Also think the lack of crowd has made me watch the football more, no distractions from the crowd has allowed me to properly focus on the game and how it's been played.

That said, I also cannot wait for crowds to be back.

A mate of mine at work is a season ticket holder at Anfield & sent me this today as the poor guy sat behind him (and at the Athletico match)

As much as I miss the Dale, fear it will be a long time & talking of fear, seen a few “Ambulance Chasing” ads for no win / no fee for coronavirus insurance claims.
Won’t be long before people catch on to I “caught it at” work, a shop, a pub etc for claims.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/lifelong-liverpool-fc-fan-di

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Premiership returns on 20:16 - May 31 with 2167 viewsNigeriamark

Premiership returns on 08:01 - May 31 by isitme

Personally I cannot wait for live sport to resume.

I'm just hoping they can get the England cricket team up and running with some matches this summer. Any format will do although really hoping for some test cricket. Not that interested in football until league 1 starts the new season ( assuming this season gets finally binned)
Premiership returns on 22:04 - May 31 with 2117 viewsrichfoad32

Premiership returns on 20:16 - May 31 by Nigeriamark

I'm just hoping they can get the England cricket team up and running with some matches this summer. Any format will do although really hoping for some test cricket. Not that interested in football until league 1 starts the new season ( assuming this season gets finally binned)

Tour de France for me. I normally book a week off work every July in order to veg out in front of the mountain stages. It's been postponed until late August/early September now, but whether it will take place is anybody's guess.
Premiership returns on 19:54 - Jun 1 with 1992 viewsNigeriamark

Premiership returns on 22:04 - May 31 by richfoad32

Tour de France for me. I normally book a week off work every July in order to veg out in front of the mountain stages. It's been postponed until late August/early September now, but whether it will take place is anybody's guess.

I've seen it a couple of times myself ( once purely by chance) and although you only see a fraction of what is on TV, its a good atmosphere. That'll be a hard event to control social distancing over about 2,000 miles!!
Premiership returns on 19:58 - Jun 1 with 1985 viewsisitme

Premiership returns on 20:16 - May 31 by Nigeriamark

Two three test series starting early July would be great. You watch though they will be spoilt by rain whilst we have been twiddling our thumbs during a spell of good cricket weather.
Premiership returns on 21:09 - Jun 1 with 1928 viewsD_Alien

Premiership returns on 19:58 - Jun 1 by isitme

Two three test series starting early July would be great. You watch though they will be spoilt by rain whilst we have been twiddling our thumbs during a spell of good cricket weather.

Yeah, cricket for me, and it'd be typical if the weather now intervenes after all this sunshine

The fantastic scenes we witnessed towards the end of last summer had the ability to really push the game forward again in the public imagination, and it'd be great to see this revived and maybe screened on free-to-air tv

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Premiership returns on 18:26 - Jun 2 with 1756 viewsNigeriamark

Premiership returns on 21:09 - Jun 1 by D_Alien

Yeah, cricket for me, and it'd be typical if the weather now intervenes after all this sunshine

The fantastic scenes we witnessed towards the end of last summer had the ability to really push the game forward again in the public imagination, and it'd be great to see this revived and maybe screened on free-to-air tv

Looks like 3 tests confirmed against the Windies in July with potentially more later. No mention yet on TV coverage but a good opportunity to get cricket in the public eye on free TV while other sports take time to get up and running. If not I'm still looking forward to TMS
Premiership returns on 18:36 - Jun 2 with 1731 viewsD_Alien

Premiership returns on 18:26 - Jun 2 by Nigeriamark

Looks like 3 tests confirmed against the Windies in July with potentially more later. No mention yet on TV coverage but a good opportunity to get cricket in the public eye on free TV while other sports take time to get up and running. If not I'm still looking forward to TMS

Wonder what they'll do with all those cakes that get sent in?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Premiership returns on 08:30 - Jun 3 with 1610 viewstodmordendale

The Premiership may be getting back into gear but is reality beginning to strike hard lower down.
Wycombe announce that they have advised staff to look for alternative employment as the current crisis is costing the club £350 k per month.
Is this going to be the start of an inevitable domino effect or can the storm be weathered.
Not to worry though because all the Bentley driving, out til 4 in the morning, fancy hair-do, tattooed full on ego trip Premier league lads don’t give a sh*te.
Premiership returns on 09:29 - Jun 3 with 1565 viewsAtThePeake

Premiership returns on 08:30 - Jun 3 by todmordendale

The Premiership may be getting back into gear but is reality beginning to strike hard lower down.
Wycombe announce that they have advised staff to look for alternative employment as the current crisis is costing the club £350 k per month.
Is this going to be the start of an inevitable domino effect or can the storm be weathered.
Not to worry though because all the Bentley driving, out til 4 in the morning, fancy hair-do, tattooed full on ego trip Premier league lads don’t give a sh*te.

What have the Premier League players got to do with it? It's not their job to protect lower league clubs.

Tangled up in blue.

Premiership returns on 09:42 - Jun 3 with 1546 viewstodmordendale

Never said it was their job to protect the lower leagues.
Premiership returns on 09:52 - Jun 3 with 1535 viewsjudd

In the near-total absence of enjoying Rochdale games for the third consecutive season, I have quite enjoyed the premiership this season, particularly pleasing to see the champions of Europe dominating their domestic league with such pomp and humility.

It has been particularly encouraging to see a club like Wolves emerge as force to be reckoned with.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Premiership returns on 09:59 - Jun 3 with 1529 viewsAtThePeake

Premiership returns on 09:42 - Jun 3 by todmordendale

Then why the attack on the players at the end of your post?

Tangled up in blue.

Premiership returns on 10:02 - Jun 3 with 1526 viewsMass_Debater

Premiership returns on 09:42 - Jun 3 by todmordendale

Why did you mention them then?
Premiership returns on 10:55 - Jun 3 with 1500 viewsTVOS1907

Premiership returns on 08:30 - Jun 3 by todmordendale

With the exception of someone like Kyle Walker, which Premier League lads have been doing that sort of thing in recent years?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024