Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Lives Matter 19:25 - May 31 with 16730 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The most obvious of statements to anyone with quarter of a brain, and yet what a paradox when we have thousands of morons ignoring social distancing, to protest about something, when it’s medically thought that black people are more susceptible. (Yes I know it was not all black people bit majority was).

It appears that the ex police officer and the deceased had personal issues between themselves and as such it’s likely to have nothing to do with race, but that does not stop some protesting in the USA by getting themselves a new tv and burning down a shop.

In no way did he deserve to die, I am sure we all agree, he was a violent criminal but seemed to have turned his life around, but as the tail wags the dog in the USA, fleas start jumping around in the uk.

The police do nothing, had it been the EDL lot then they would have, but they are toothless and only good for telling pensioners off for not understanding the rules.

We have had Cummings hammered, deservedly all week (won’t watch the last leg any more as it’s so left wing it’s sick), but when the second spike hits, it will be down to Boris, not these dickheads ignoring all advice.

To summarise, of course all lives matter, but if you don’t know that already, you won’t ever learn it!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Black Lives Matter on 17:10 - Jun 1 with 1980 viewsblackdogblue

Black Lives Matter on 17:00 - Jun 1 by rochdaleriddler

This is racist, but it’s still there.
“You travel to London on the tube, a little girl bumps into you and you notice your wallet is gone

News breaks of 2 men running around London with knives attacking people

A youth from south east London has died after a gang related stabbing

Every one of the above will have you thinking of a race or country, does that make you racist, no, it’s just experience and learning. “
Thacksrabbits

3 things should be banned from discussion on this site & in no particular order:

Politics
Creed
Religion

Ffs... have we nothing better to talk about...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Black Lives Matter on 17:13 - Jun 1 with 1976 views442Dale

Black Lives Matter on 17:10 - Jun 1 by blackdogblue

3 things should be banned from discussion on this site & in no particular order:

Politics
Creed
Religion

Ffs... have we nothing better to talk about...

People scoffed at the wrestling thread.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Black Lives Matter on 17:20 - Jun 1 with 1960 viewsAtThePeake

Black Lives Matter on 17:13 - Jun 1 by 442Dale

Bring back Dale_316.

Tangled up in blue.

Black Lives Matter on 17:39 - Jun 1 with 1920 viewsblackdogblue

Black Lives Matter on 17:13 - Jun 1 by 442Dale

Netball would be preferable... wait.. beach volleyball 😍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Black Lives Matter on 17:49 - Jun 1 with 1900 views442Dale

Black Lives Matter on 17:39 - Jun 1 by blackdogblue

Netball would be preferable... wait.. beach volleyball 😍

Why? Are there people who watch regularly and have an educated and insightful views on the subject? If so, go for it, because the wrestling thread was actually quite interesting for those who were, er, interested.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Black Lives Matter on 17:50 - Jun 1 with 1897 viewsShun

Black Lives Matter on 16:33 - Jun 1 by jonesy

I see my humorous response to apped has been removed. We seem to have some subtle censorship going on here. Can the person responsible explain why?
Interestingly you have not removed the posts by icelanddale and rochdaleriddler attacking thacksrabbit. Are direct insults allowed?

I look forward to a response.

It wasn’t humorous. It was overtly racist and rightly deleted. There have been a couple of posts from yourself and Thacks that can be described as nothing else but racist.
Black Lives Matter on 17:57 - Jun 1 with 1881 viewsMoonyDale

Black Lives Matter on 17:00 - Jun 1 by rochdaleriddler

This is racist, but it’s still there.
“You travel to London on the tube, a little girl bumps into you and you notice your wallet is gone

News breaks of 2 men running around London with knives attacking people

A youth from south east London has died after a gang related stabbing

Every one of the above will have you thinking of a race or country, does that make you racist, no, it’s just experience and learning. “
Thacksrabbits

I completely agree Riddler, some have been a member on here longer than I have but i've been here for years and I have never been as disgusted at any other thread as I am at this one....It is nothing short of bigoted nonsense at best and downright racist at worst. the posts that have been deleted I can't comment on as I have just seen this thread...The few that haven't been deleted that you have quoted should go the same way, this has done it for me on this board and i'm out of here as soon as I finish this post...Ashamed that any Daley would hold these views and think that they are acceptable....Fkin appalling.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Black Lives Matter on 19:32 - Jun 1 with 1765 viewsJames1980

Racism is abhorrent, different cultures add to the rich diversity of life. In my opinion George Floyd was murdered that policeman knew exactly what he was doing and if he didn't he is an idiot and has no place in the police force.
This does not however justify the rioting, looting etc. I understand the passion in the reaction. The thing is though that it provides excellent recruitment material for those on the right. Sadly any demonstration can get infiltrated by a mob element and then all demonstrators get lumped in together. Maybe when the mob start all the peaceful protestors should do a 180 and start walking away. Then we will see that it is a small element that spoil a demonstration.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Black Lives Matter on 20:01 - Jun 1 with 1718 viewspioneer

Black Lives Matter on 19:32 - Jun 1 by James1980

Racism is abhorrent, different cultures add to the rich diversity of life. In my opinion George Floyd was murdered that policeman knew exactly what he was doing and if he didn't he is an idiot and has no place in the police force.
This does not however justify the rioting, looting etc. I understand the passion in the reaction. The thing is though that it provides excellent recruitment material for those on the right. Sadly any demonstration can get infiltrated by a mob element and then all demonstrators get lumped in together. Maybe when the mob start all the peaceful protestors should do a 180 and start walking away. Then we will see that it is a small element that spoil a demonstration.

Sadly peaceful protests dont tend to achieve change. Otherwise we would not be seeing these awful incidents occurring repeatedly and frequently.
That the ex police officer has only been charged with third degree murder is a marker of how systemic the problem is.
Black Lives Matter on 09:43 - Jun 2 with 1512 viewsJames1980

Black Lives Matter on 20:01 - Jun 1 by pioneer

Sadly peaceful protests dont tend to achieve change. Otherwise we would not be seeing these awful incidents occurring repeatedly and frequently.
That the ex police officer has only been charged with third degree murder is a marker of how systemic the problem is.

Both peaceful protest and rioting, seem to have changed very little over the years when it comes to racist attitudes.
Perhaps a totally different approach is needed.

Black Lives Matter on 11:09 - Jun 2 with 1466 viewspioneer

Black Lives Matter on 09:43 - Jun 2 by James1980

Both peaceful protest and rioting, seem to have changed very little over the years when it comes to racist attitudes.

Yes I suppose if police officers stopped killing african Americans it would be a start.
Black Lives Matter on 11:22 - Jun 2 with 1457 viewsDaleiLama

Black Lives Matter on 11:09 - Jun 2 by pioneer

Yes I suppose if police officers stopped killing african Americans it would be a start.

Exactly this.

As I follow US footy, my Twitter timeline is lit up by video evidence of police atrocities. These are not aimed at rioters. I have seen evidence of old men with sticks being knocked to the ground, a reporter shot in the eye and blinded in that eye, and, and, and. The institutional violence which is inherent in US policing is beyond criminal. Everyone of them should be forced to wear bodycams and have their badge number visible against a high-vis background. Their action is sickening to watch. I have been violently moved by watching the footage freely available. I cannot imagine living with that daily.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:18 - Jun 2 with 1419 viewsjoecooke

Black Lives Matter on 11:22 - Jun 2 by DaleiLama

Exactly this.

As I follow US footy, my Twitter timeline is lit up by video evidence of police atrocities. These are not aimed at rioters. I have seen evidence of old men with sticks being knocked to the ground, a reporter shot in the eye and blinded in that eye, and, and, and. The institutional violence which is inherent in US policing is beyond criminal. Everyone of them should be forced to wear bodycams and have their badge number visible against a high-vis background. Their action is sickening to watch. I have been violently moved by watching the footage freely available. I cannot imagine living with that daily.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Black Lives Matter on 12:24 - Jun 2 with 1409 viewsjoecooke

Exactly this.

Some positivity needed. Police officer in Louisiana

Black Lives Matter on 13:27 - Jun 2 with 1337 viewspioneer

Exactly this.

Colin Kaepernick tried the peaceful protest route...and look what happened to him.
Black Lives Matter on 13:43 - Jun 2 with 1318 viewsisitme

Black Lives Matter on 13:27 - Jun 2 by pioneer

Colin Kaepernick tried the peaceful protest route...and look what happened to him.

The Kaepernick situtaion is a really interesting. At the height of his protests his play was on the decline and he voided the last year of his contract to become a free agent. Initially he received offers but these were for backup positions without a real chance to compete to start on a much lower salary. Obviously he did not want to take the contract on offer.

A few seasons later he was about to sign a contract with the Baltimore Ravens, which was then rescinded as this article outlines.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ray-lewis-ravens-refused-to-sign-colin-kaeper

Many supporters and/or owners may not have liked his protests but to say that he had not been offered opportunities is disingenuous. His ability at the time was not one of a high level starter.
Black Lives Matter on 13:49 - Jun 2 with 1315 viewsJames1980

Black Lives Matter on 11:09 - Jun 2 by pioneer

Yes of course they should have stopped before they even started. The thought should not even enter their head.

Black Lives Matter on 14:02 - Jun 2 with 1301 viewsfrenzied

Black Lives Matter on 09:43 - Jun 2 by James1980

Trump will go down the sledgehammer route as long as he is safely tucked away somewhere.

One of his predecessors once said.."those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable"
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 14:03]
Black Lives Matter on 14:10 - Jun 2 with 1285 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 13:43 - Jun 2 by isitme

The Kaepernick situtaion is a really interesting. At the height of his protests his play was on the decline and he voided the last year of his contract to become a free agent. Initially he received offers but these were for backup positions without a real chance to compete to start on a much lower salary. Obviously he did not want to take the contract on offer.

A few seasons later he was about to sign a contract with the Baltimore Ravens, which was then rescinded as this article outlines.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ray-lewis-ravens-refused-to-sign-colin-kaeper

Many supporters and/or owners may not have liked his protests but to say that he had not been offered opportunities is disingenuous. His ability at the time was not one of a high level starter.

I don’t confess to knowing anything about American Football but the article you have posted doesn’t seem to tally with your post. It appears that they did want to sign him but were ‘put off’ by a tweet. On the contrary, it appears to confirm the opposite of your post.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 14:12]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Black Lives Matter on 14:19 - Jun 2 with 1269 viewsisitme

Black Lives Matter on 14:10 - Jun 2 by BigDaveMyCock

I don’t confess to knowing anything about American Football but the article you have posted doesn’t seem to tally with your post. It appears that they did want to sign him but were ‘put off’ by a tweet. On the contrary, it appears to confirm the opposite of your post.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 14:12]

I am not sure which bit you are confused with, maybe I should have specified the fact that he was out of the league for a while before he reached point 6 on the timeline below?

As you say you do not know anything about American Football, but below is a brief timeline:

1. He plays very well for a few years for the 49ers.
2. His play starts to decline and he starts to protest.
3. He voids the last year of his contract.
4. He has offers of a new contract from other teams but on a lower salary and to be a backup.
5. He is out of the league for a few years.
6. He is about to sign for Baltimore when his girlfriend insults the owner and the contract offer is withdrawn.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 14:22]
Black Lives Matter on 14:35 - Jun 2 with 1245 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 14:19 - Jun 2 by isitme

I am not sure which bit you are confused with, maybe I should have specified the fact that he was out of the league for a while before he reached point 6 on the timeline below?

As you say you do not know anything about American Football, but below is a brief timeline:

1. He plays very well for a few years for the 49ers.
2. His play starts to decline and he starts to protest.
3. He voids the last year of his contract.
4. He has offers of a new contract from other teams but on a lower salary and to be a backup.
5. He is out of the league for a few years.
6. He is about to sign for Baltimore when his girlfriend insults the owner and the contract offer is withdrawn.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 14:22]

Right, it’s just that the article doesn’t seem to tally with him being not very good that’s all. They seemed to be very keen.
Either way, do you agree with his peaceful protest and do you think it was valid? What’s your own opinion? I ask this because you always seem to want to deal with peripheral aspects of a matter (others are doing it or it’s remainers (re Cummings) or looters are destroying affordable housing (re the Floyd killing)). Interesting as that may be you seem very reluctant to deal with the actual core subject matter.
It comes across as you not having the courage of your convictions so you chip away at the edges instead.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:12]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Black Lives Matter on 15:03 - Jun 2 with 1197 viewsAtThePeake

Black Lives Matter on 12:24 - Jun 2 by joecooke

Some positivity needed. Police officer in Louisiana

Unfortunately I can't agree that 'Empathy continues to win' whilst people continue to die.

Tangled up in blue.

Black Lives Matter on 15:19 - Jun 2 with 1177 viewsJames1980

The problem is the protests don't remain peaceful. The authorities act in an antagonistic way. The protestors get infiltrated by 'rioters' and once again the streets are burning. The right will blame the leftie anarchist trouble makers The left will point at the unjustified police brutality which has racist attitudes at its rotten heart.

By different approach I mean how about a charity that helps fund members of the BAME community to obtain ID so they can vote? A boycott of companies that are known to be racist. A mass sick day, people phone up their boss on a particular day and say 'I am not coming into work to day because I am sick of the racism in this country' They could do it on a regular basis.

Black Lives Matter on 15:22 - Jun 2 with 1171 viewsjoecooke

Black Lives Matter on 15:03 - Jun 2 by AtThePeake

Unfortunately I can't agree that 'Empathy continues to win' whilst people continue to die.

Put it this way, without it we will be up shit creek even more than we are now.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:23]

Black Lives Matter on 15:25 - Jun 2 with 1163 viewsisitme

Black Lives Matter on 14:35 - Jun 2 by BigDaveMyCock

Right, it’s just that the article doesn’t seem to tally with him being not very good that’s all. They seemed to be very keen.
Either way, do you agree with his peaceful protest and do you think it was valid? What’s your own opinion? I ask this because you always seem to want to deal with peripheral aspects of a matter (others are doing it or it’s remainers (re Cummings) or looters are destroying affordable housing (re the Floyd killing)). Interesting as that may be you seem very reluctant to deal with the actual core subject matter.
It comes across as you not having the courage of your convictions so you chip away at the edges instead.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:12]

When that article was written he had been out of the league for years. He would have been signed as a back up and was not viewed as still being a good player (compare David Perkins in his first and second spells at Rochdale for a sort of example). His girlfriend cost him a contract, so it is disingenuous to say he did not have opportunities. Bad mouthing a potential employer is never a good approach.

I agree that anyone has the right to conduct a peaceful process for whatever issue they percieve as being important to them. I can also understand that some owners my find it a distraction as many bosses may not like employees protesting whilst they are at work. Outside of working time bosses cannot dictate what employees do unless it is illegal or a breach of contract.

What you may percieve as being peripheral others may class as widening the perspective as most political issues are rarely simple with simple solutions.

Specifically onto the Floyd killing and my opinion. What happened to him was wrong and people have the right to protest about this. Police brutality is an issue that should be addressed. Are all police brutal? No. Are all police racists? No. Do some of the police fall into these categories? Yes and they should be routed out.

Looter and rioters undermine peaceful protests. They help to reinforce negative stereotypes that unfortunately some people may have and are a barrier to change. I would say that a number of these looters and rioters are opportunist looking to exploit protests for their own means. Often these are anarchists with no interest in the causes they are sabotaging and are just out to cause trouble.

Affordable housing is a vital issue as these are often black people's houses, their neighbourhoods. In my earlier post on this topic I also cited an owner of a sports bar which was destroyted and looted, who put a sign up saying that it was a black owned business. He had put his life savings into that business venture. The looters even came back to try and steal his safe. In another area a housing block was set on fire and rioters were trying to prevent the fire brigade from tackling it. A small black child was one of the residents that they were trying to evacuate. So I would ask you how does looting and rioting further a cause?

What happened to him was unacceptable and yes police need to stop killing all innocent people, but the police stop killing black people will not address the many issues if black lives truly matter. Education, gang violence, drugs, racism etc are all what you would refer to as 'peripheral issues' which are important to improve the lives of black people.

I would also like people not to break into the home of a pregnant woman (black or white other) and point a gun at her stomatch demanding either drugs or money.

I have a very simple (and probably too simple) outlook in that I do not care what race, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc people are. They are either nice people or not nice people. I take people as I find them and everything else is peripheral. I think Martin Luther King summed it up very well.

If you would like to know anything else then please ask.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024