Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Lives Matter 19:25 - May 31 with 16709 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The most obvious of statements to anyone with quarter of a brain, and yet what a paradox when we have thousands of morons ignoring social distancing, to protest about something, when it’s medically thought that black people are more susceptible. (Yes I know it was not all black people bit majority was).

It appears that the ex police officer and the deceased had personal issues between themselves and as such it’s likely to have nothing to do with race, but that does not stop some protesting in the USA by getting themselves a new tv and burning down a shop.

In no way did he deserve to die, I am sure we all agree, he was a violent criminal but seemed to have turned his life around, but as the tail wags the dog in the USA, fleas start jumping around in the uk.

The police do nothing, had it been the EDL lot then they would have, but they are toothless and only good for telling pensioners off for not understanding the rules.

We have had Cummings hammered, deservedly all week (won’t watch the last leg any more as it’s so left wing it’s sick), but when the second spike hits, it will be down to Boris, not these dickheads ignoring all advice.

To summarise, of course all lives matter, but if you don’t know that already, you won’t ever learn it!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Black Lives Matter on 16:27 - Jun 3 with 1382 viewsSuddenLad

Black Lives Matter on 16:22 - Jun 3 by James1980

What are the chances they are right wing agent provacateurs?

Or even just criminals, thugs and thieves?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Black Lives Matter on 16:54 - Jun 3 with 1337 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 16:27 - Jun 3 by SuddenLad

Or even just criminals, thugs and thieves?

Or even left wing Antifa. Plenty of videos showing Antifa causing damage and loothing,

Well done to the people who quickly recognise this.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Black Lives Matter on 17:06 - Jun 3 with 1327 viewsJames1980

Like those terrible Anti Fascist who landed on the beaches of Normandy in June 1944.
How the hell has being an anti fascist become a pejorative term for crying out loud.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Black Lives Matter on 17:09 - Jun 3 with 1324 viewstony_roch975

Black Lives Matter on 16:54 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

Or even left wing Antifa. Plenty of videos showing Antifa causing damage and loothing,

Well done to the people who quickly recognise this.

'loothing' must be a new Trumpeting - after the eponymous Donald

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Black Lives Matter on 17:13 - Jun 3 with 1319 viewsJumeirahDale

Black Lives Matter on 16:11 - Jun 3 by rochdaleriddler

Many pictures of white people involved in the disorder, as you say not reported widely

Don't blame anyone for not being bothered to read all this, but some context from here in Boise, Idaho, a significantly red state (Trump won 2016 by 32%) with Boise itself being largely the only predominantly blue population.

A candlelight vigil for George Floyd was arranged last night on the steps of the Capitol building. The crowd numbered in the thousands, difficult to tell based on pictures as it ended up snaking through the streets, but looked like at least a couple of Dale crowds to me, so maybe 5,000. Aside from college football games (the only religion everyone in Middle America agrees on) it will easily have been one of the largest public gatherings in the recent history of the state. Considering the COVID fear, as well as the fact that 2A supporters and libertarians are strolling around with AR-15s, it was an impressive sight in a city with a population about the size of Blackpool.

Congruent with the population of Idaho, at least 90% of the crowd was white. They sat or stood peacefully in front of the Capitol and the park across the street while a memorial service of sorts was held over a tannoy. There were two main disturbances in the entire night:

(1) During the memorial service, a speaker slowly read out names of victims of police brutality over the last few years to a silent crowd. At that point, a group of half a dozen trucks or so pulled up on the road running alongside the side of the Capitol and loudly revved their V8 engines, waved "TRUMP 2020" flags and chanted "blue lives matter". Several were of course armed, as they usually need to be.

(2) Towards the end of the night (post-midnight) when the vast majority of the crowd had filtered home, two very small groups shouted obscenities at each other while the police formed a line between them. It threatened to boil over a couple of times, particularly between a younger black man and an older white man, the latter is on video shouting the n-word as he was pulled away by his mates. But generally the police did an excellent job.

Trump will carry the state in November of course, but Biden will pick up a hell of a lot more traction than Hillary did.
Black Lives Matter on 17:16 - Jun 3 with 1314 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 17:09 - Jun 3 by tony_roch975

'loothing' must be a new Trumpeting - after the eponymous Donald

Called being dyslexic, hense 95% posts have spelling mistakes in them, but thanks for being so tolerant.

Black Lives Matter on 17:20 - Jun 3 with 1311 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 17:06 - Jun 3 by James1980

Like those terrible Anti Fascist who landed on the beaches of Normandy in June 1944.
How the hell has being an anti fascist become a pejorative term for crying out loud.

What the that got to do with loothing sorry Tony looting, they are plenty of live stream videos of them causing trouble

Black Lives Matter on 17:44 - Jun 3 with 1257 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 12:52 - Jun 3 by Brierls

SuddenLad's first post on the thread sums it up for me.

I know somebody listed things you shouldn't talk about on the messageboard, with religion being one of them, but I have been taken by surprise at the brainwashed religious posts on Twitter. Trump could beat their youngest to death with a bible and these idiots would thank him for it.

When this thread started, I was waiting for 'jonesy' to appear. One click on this username and viewing the posts told you all you need to know. That is past tense, as clicking the username says user no longer exists. Good riddance.

Thacks is coming across like one of the older generation. He doesn't think he's being racist, but some of the things he says can easily be interepted as racist, he just can't see it. Like I said, I don't think its his intention and Riddler lost the plot (again).

I don’t know. When he cites the EDL as being victims of heavy handed police tactics I tend to think there may be some intention there.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Black Lives Matter on 17:47 - Jun 3 with 1249 viewsJames1980

Black Lives Matter on 17:20 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

What the that got to do with loothing sorry Tony looting, they are plenty of live stream videos of them causing trouble

Just that anti fascist shouldn't be a stand point that gets one criticised. Being a looter absolutely.

Black Lives Matter on 18:04 - Jun 3 with 1220 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 17:47 - Jun 3 by James1980

Just that anti fascist shouldn't be a stand point that gets one criticised. Being a looter absolutely.

Wow just wow, so now we cant use Antifa and lootng in the same sentence.

All them live streams saying Antifa members are causing trouble and looting must be lying.

Black Lives Matter on 18:07 - Jun 3 with 1216 viewsSuddenLad

Black Lives Matter on 18:04 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

All them live streams saying Antifa members are causing trouble and looting must be lying.

They can label them with any title they like. They are meaningless. They are burglars, robbers and thieves. No other classification necessary.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Black Lives Matter on 18:13 - Jun 3 with 1194 viewsJames1980

Black Lives Matter on 18:04 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

You knew exactly what you were doing using looting and antifa in the same sentence.

Black Lives Matter on 18:27 - Jun 3 with 1177 viewsjoecooke

not good

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Black Lives Matter on 18:32 - Jun 3 with 1163 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 18:13 - Jun 3 by James1980

You knew exactly what you were doing using looting and antifa in the same sentence.

Damm right I was, like i would if it was EDL scum,American right wing scum, Islamist terrorist sympathizers scum etc etc who was loothing sorry Tony mean looting and causing trouble.

The truth has no boundaries.

I really hope this peaceful movement doesn't get overshadowed by all this, as the policing has to change in America.

Black Lives Matter on 18:38 - Jun 3 with 1148 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 18:27 - Jun 3 by joecooke

not good

Sadly the sheep will follow

Black Lives Matter on 18:40 - Jun 3 with 1142 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 18:32 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

Damm right I was, like i would if it was EDL scum,American right wing scum, Islamist terrorist sympathizers scum etc etc who was loothing sorry Tony mean looting and causing trouble.

The truth has no boundaries.

I really hope this peaceful movement doesn't get overshadowed by all this, as the policing has to change in America.

Are you an anti-fascist?

Black Lives Matter on 18:43 - Jun 3 with 1135 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 18:40 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

Are you an anti-fascist?

Class myself as a realist, who follows the law, and respect every human being, as in my eyes their is only race and that's the human race we are all equal as one.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 18:48]

Black Lives Matter on 18:46 - Jun 3 with 1123 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 18:43 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

Class myself as a realist, who follows the law, and respect every human being, as in my eyes their is only race and that's the human race we are all equal as one.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 18:48]

Does that mean you’re not anti-fascist?

Black Lives Matter on 18:52 - Jun 3 with 1105 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 18:46 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

Does that mean you’re not anti-fascist?

Am anti discrimination, I dont believe in Antifa think they are scum bags, who use divide and conquer (just like political parties and ring wing parties) to cause fear and panic.

Black Lives Matter on 18:57 - Jun 3 with 1098 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 18:52 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

Am anti discrimination, I dont believe in Antifa think they are scum bags, who use divide and conquer (just like political parties and ring wing parties) to cause fear and panic.

I’ll try again, are you anti-fascist?

Black Lives Matter on 18:58 - Jun 3 with 1096 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 18:57 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

I’ll try again, are you anti-fascist?

And I tell you again am anti discrimination not rocket science

Black Lives Matter on 19:02 - Jun 3 with 1085 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 18:58 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

And I tell you again am anti discrimination not rocket science

What aspects of fascism appeal to you?

Black Lives Matter on 19:11 - Jun 3 with 1050 viewsD_Alien

Black Lives Matter on 19:02 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

What aspects of fascism appeal to you?

Do you find him fascinating?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Black Lives Matter on 19:17 - Jun 3 with 1015 viewsArthurDaley

Page two really gets me.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2726429290909688&set=pcb.2726313860921231

A large VAT Dave

Black Lives Matter on 19:24 - Jun 3 with 996 viewsfermin

Black Lives Matter on 17:06 - Jun 3 by James1980

Probably when some on the left decided to redefine Fascism to mean anybody who disagrees with their ideology. It really is not perjorative to be against real Fascism and the genuine far-right, but the term has been hijacked. When you get people in the UK thinking they live in a Fascist, even Nazi, dictatorship the term ceases to have any real meaning and is an insult to those who genuinely had to endure Nazi/Fascist rule in the 1930s/40s.

I imagine the current AntiFa would regard many of the soldiers in the Allied armies as Fascists themselves given the way the term has moved and how societal attitudes have changed for the better in the intervening decades (though pointing this out is not always welcomed). Normally left-wing identity politics activists like to reinterpret the past and people from the past negatively and anachronistically - it is surprising to see them suddenly sanctify it when it suits.

A different view of looting:

I was going to say some other things but I think I will just post a few links.

I am not qualified to judge it academically but I did find this paper which from reading as a layman seems reasonably objective (and it is based on data collated partly by the Guardian so that is unimpeachable) and is a bit contrary to the mainstream perception:

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

Perhaps it would be a good idea to think about police violence in the context of a violent society with many powerful weapons freely available. This article from 2016 makes some good points, I think, and it is sad that I feel I have to point out that the author is black:

https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

At one point he says 'Many might reasonably assume that on the topic of the police, the purpose of this conversation will be to inform white America of the role that racist bias plays in these lethal encounters. However, might we open up to the possibility that the conversation will also include black people learning that racist bias may play much less of a role in these cases than one might think?'

Here is a disturbing video of the Shaver case mentioned in the above article:

And here is another not that dissimilar to the current case:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-timpa-disturbing-video-shows-dallas-officers-j
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024