Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's happening with league one? 19:14 - Jun 5 with 14164 viewsRotherhamDale

Have I just missed it or has there not been a decision yet?

I think it's the only league where a decision is yet to be made.

Possession with progression.

What's happening with league one? on 17:12 - Jun 9 with 2368 viewsShun

What's happening with league one? on 17:09 - Jun 9 by fermin

Apparently it was 18 for stopping, 4 for playing on and one abstention (though I don't know how reliable this source is):

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZoneEfl/status/1270378301752782851

Minay’s said the same thing and he’s usually fairly accurate.

I’m going for the 4 that voted against being Tranmere, Peterborough, and then Peterborough two more times with disguises on.
What's happening with league one? on 17:19 - Jun 9 with 2331 viewsDaleiLama

What's happening with league one? on 16:58 - Jun 9 by D_Alien

Log One next season then

Log One to come this season too (maths joke for TVOS)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What's happening with league one? on 17:42 - Jun 9 with 2200 viewsD_Alien

What's happening with league one? on 17:19 - Jun 9 by DaleiLama

Log One to come this season too (maths joke for TVOS)

Hope so, cos there's no sine of it yet

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What's happening with league one? on 17:48 - Jun 9 with 2170 viewsfermin

What's happening with league one? on 17:12 - Jun 9 by Shun

I’m going for the 4 that voted against being Tranmere, Peterborough, and then Peterborough two more times with disguises on.

Tranmere, Peterborough, Sunderland and Ipswich, I believe.
What's happening with league one? on 17:49 - Jun 9 with 2155 viewsNorthernDale

Apparently the four teams that voted to carry on was Ipswich, Tranmere, Sunderland and Peterborough, those teams in the playoffs voted to end the season, the same teams that the other week wanted to carry on.

The Tranmere forum is up in arms, the are seeking funding to take legal action to overturn the decision and think the French courts decision to overturn to relegate teams aids them. Some quotes include from some very unhappy Tranmere fans and to be fair some have said Tranmere would have done the same, if they were safe based on the PPG system. The two posts that stood out, were

'You mean the FL and some disgusting clubs?
Accrington Stanley, Burton Albion, MK Dons, Rochdale, Rotherham United, Shrewsbury Town, Wycombe Wanderers and Wimbledon.
We should remember that lot.
If someone asked me would we have done the same thing to another club in all honesty I would say NO' - this was despite that some fans were saying that Bolton and Southend deserve to go down, but not Tranmere

'Practically a third of the season still to play, just 3 points from safety, on a run of 3 straight wins, due to go to the likes of wimbledon and rochdale - games we would have been very confident of winning seeing as we had just beaten better teams than them away from home.' - ignoring that fact they had something five games against the top eight.

I did feel sorry for Tranmere and if we were in their position, I would annoyed, but a decision had to be made and carrying on with the season was not an option due to the cost factor that many teams in league 1 could not afford.
What's happening with league one? on 17:57 - Jun 9 with 2104 viewsThacks_Rabbits

What's happening with league one? on 17:49 - Jun 9 by NorthernDale

Apparently the four teams that voted to carry on was Ipswich, Tranmere, Sunderland and Peterborough, those teams in the playoffs voted to end the season, the same teams that the other week wanted to carry on.

The Tranmere forum is up in arms, the are seeking funding to take legal action to overturn the decision and think the French courts decision to overturn to relegate teams aids them. Some quotes include from some very unhappy Tranmere fans and to be fair some have said Tranmere would have done the same, if they were safe based on the PPG system. The two posts that stood out, were

Accrington Stanley, Burton Albion, MK Dons, Rochdale, Rotherham United, Shrewsbury Town, Wycombe Wanderers and Wimbledon.
If someone asked me would we have done the same thing to another club in all honesty I would say NO' - this was despite that some fans were saying that Bolton and Southend deserve to go down, but not Tranmere

'Practically a third of the season still to play, just 3 points from safety, on a run of 3 straight wins, due to go to the likes of wimbledon and rochdale - games we would have been very confident of winning seeing as we had just beaten better teams than them away from home.' - ignoring that fact they had something five games against the top eight.

I did feel sorry for Tranmere and if we were in their position, I would annoyed, but a decision had to be made and carrying on with the season was not an option due to the cost factor that many teams in league 1 could not afford.

Some limited sympathy for Tranmere until some of them talk rubbish, no sympathy for Peterborough ever. Massive budget and massive bellend of a chairman.

Just heard fgr chairman saying clubs better off due to furlough during off season, makes sense. If we sign a player in July can we immediately furlough them? Not sure on the regulations there.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

What's happening with league one? on 18:08 - Jun 9 with 2043 viewsDalenet

What's happening with league one? on 17:57 - Jun 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

Some limited sympathy for Tranmere until some of them talk rubbish, no sympathy for Peterborough ever. Massive budget and massive bellend of a chairman.

Just heard fgr chairman saying clubs better off due to furlough during off season, makes sense. If we sign a player in July can we immediately furlough them? Not sure on the regulations there.

You can't furlough somebody that wasn't on your books at the start of the pandemic. I think FGR mean that the clubs save money on wages to end July for players at end of contract and up to Oct for the rest. If you had to bring players back in to train and prepare for an end of season then they all come off furlough and cost clubs a fortune. Would Peterborough's Chairman paid those costs for every club he now hates

Does this mean we can start digging up the pitch this week?
What's happening with league one? on 18:24 - Jun 9 with 1977 viewsisitme

What's happening with league one? on 17:57 - Jun 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

No.

You cannot furlough anyone after the 10th June.
Login to get fewer ads

What's happening with league one? on 19:02 - Jun 9 with 1840 viewsMancDale

I have a small amount of sympathy for Tranmere based on in my opinion ending the season early should mean no playoffs. That would mean only the bottom two need be relegated.

Other than that though sod 'em. Our record against the bottom 3 this season was played 4, won 4. We scored 11 goals in them games too. We might have been poor but we're a lot better than the relegated teams. That's before you take into account the ridiculous injuries we've had and the fact our last game vs Rotherham was probably our best performance of the season. Don't believe for one second we would have been relegated if the season had been finished.

If Tranmere are as brilliant and wealthy as their fans seem to think they are then getting promotion next season should be a formality.
What's happening with league one? on 19:13 - Jun 9 with 1799 viewsDevonDale

What's happening with league one? on 18:24 - Jun 9 by isitme

No.

You cannot furlough anyone after the 10th June.

Yes you can, if they have been furloughed already for at least 3 weeks - fully funded by government until end of July, and then tapered down until the end of October.

For most clubs trying to make their way through this situation the furloughing of players is a lifeline. Playing on would just have put many more clubs at risk of financial collapse. Money bags Darragh obviously doesn’t understand the knife edge many clubs will be on at the moment.
What's happening with league one? on 19:21 - Jun 9 with 1761 viewsisitme

What's happening with league one? on 19:13 - Jun 9 by DevonDale

Yes you can, if they have been furloughed already for at least 3 weeks - fully funded by government until end of July, and then tapered down until the end of October.

For most clubs trying to make their way through this situation the furloughing of players is a lifeline. Playing on would just have put many more clubs at risk of financial collapse. Money bags Darragh obviously doesn’t understand the knife edge many clubs will be on at the moment.

So in response to Thacks' question that was the correct answer, was it not?

We cannot sign a new player in July and then place him immediately on furlough. The fact he wasn't on payroll at the beginning of March/when the lockdown started would be another barrier as well.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 19:34]
What's happening with league one? on 20:07 - Jun 9 with 1647 viewsscarrow

What's happening with league one? on 17:12 - Jun 9 by Shun

I think it was Sunderland and Ipswich who wanted to carry on as well

Poll: Final position

What's happening with league one? on 20:10 - Jun 9 with 1630 viewsscarrow

What's happening with league one? on 16:48 - Jun 9 by TVOS1907

Problem is, MacAnthony was spouting off like they'd already won the play-offs.

They should have been comfortably in them, anyway, with that squad, not relying on log tables to get them in.

Peterborough and Sunderland should have been comfortably in the play offs - Ipswich to an extent as well have massively under achieved. McAnthony though showing his lack of class by calling it a Sh1t Show. Him and Palios have a zoom chat and complain about how unfair life is.

I'm sure that when fans are allowed in PPG won't be chanted at the Peterborough fans next season...

Poll: Final position

What's happening with league one? on 20:13 - Jun 9 with 1617 viewsTVOS1907

'Practically a third of the season still to play, just 3 points from safety, on a run of 3 straight wins, due to go to the likes of wimbledon and rochdale - games we would have been very confident of winning seeing as we had just beaten better teams than them away from home.'

I'm fed up of hearing about them being 'in form'. Yes, they had some good results, but that was THREE MONTHS ago. Some of their fans seem to think they would just pick it up again and continue in the same way.

There's a reason they were in the bottom three and as we ourselves know only too well, when you're at that end of the table, good form quickly tails off again.

We won three consecutive league games in October, but not another one until 7th December. Who's to say Tranmere wouldn't have done something similar?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's happening with league one? on 20:16 - Jun 9 with 1607 viewsTVOS1907

What's happening with league one? on 20:10 - Jun 9 by scarrow

Peterborough and Sunderland should have been comfortably in the play offs - Ipswich to an extent as well have massively under achieved. McAnthony though showing his lack of class by calling it a Sh1t Show. Him and Palios have a zoom chat and complain about how unfair life is.

I'm sure that when fans are allowed in PPG won't be chanted at the Peterborough fans next season...

MacAnthony should be asking why his squad only picked up two points in six games either side of Christmas. One win among that lot and they might have been alright.

What's happening with league one? on 20:26 - Jun 9 with 1563 viewsZac_B

What's happening with league one? on 20:13 - Jun 9 by TVOS1907

'Practically a third of the season still to play, just 3 points from safety, on a run of 3 straight wins, due to go to the likes of wimbledon and rochdale - games we would have been very confident of winning seeing as we had just beaten better teams than them away from home.'

I'm fed up of hearing about them being 'in form'. Yes, they had some good results, but that was THREE MONTHS ago. Some of their fans seem to think they would just pick it up again and continue in the same way.

There's a reason they were in the bottom three and as we ourselves know only too well, when you're at that end of the table, good form quickly tails off again.

We won three consecutive league games in October, but not another one until 7th December. Who's to say Tranmere wouldn't have done something similar?

They fail to mention the 11 league games without a win, prior to winning three games.

Those 11 games included Bolton and Southend.
What's happening with league one? on 20:31 - Jun 9 with 1540 viewsTVOS1907

What's happening with league one? on 20:26 - Jun 9 by Zac_B

They fail to mention the 11 league games without a win, prior to winning three games.

Those 11 games included Bolton and Southend.

I saw one of them mention it. He put it down to the fact that every season they don't spend much in the summer, bring in better players in January and then improve.

Complete tripe!

What's happening with league one? on 20:35 - Jun 9 with 1529 viewsShun

I wonder why they’ve chosen those 8 clubs to direct their ire at when it’s clear 18 clubs voted to end the season? Are they giving the other 10 a free pass?

‘Practically a third of the season still to play’ - I’d love to know what kind of calculations they were using when they decreed that 10 games left out of 44 is a third.

‘Would have been very confident of beating them’ - Wildly and absurdly optimistic, considering how much we outplayed them at Prenton Park (and, using their logic, in our final game we just played Rotherham off the park - a side much better than Tranmere). I was very confident of beating them when the original fixture was postponed, but storms happen.

I have no particular problem with Tranmere at all, and I do feel sorry for them, but by god idiots like these two and a lot on Twitter make it difficult!
What's happening with league one? on 20:41 - Jun 9 with 1510 viewsZac_B

What's happening with league one? on 20:31 - Jun 9 by TVOS1907

I saw one of them mention it. He put it down to the fact that every season they don't spend much in the summer, bring in better players in January and then improve.

Complete tripe!

Aye, and the team's around Tranmere were going to kick on and win all their games after a lovely Easter.

Swings and roundabouts.
What's happening with league one? on 20:45 - Jun 9 with 1497 views442Dale

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmans-statement-regarding-20

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What's happening with league one? on 20:46 - Jun 9 with 1490 viewsTVOS1907

What's happening with league one? on 20:45 - Jun 9 by 442Dale

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmans-statement-regarding-20

Surely Tranmere's removal from League One has come about because of their results?

What's happening with league one? on 20:58 - Jun 9 with 1427 viewsD_Alien

"Tranmere fans will have a burning sense of injustice"

You what? I've got a burning sense of bullshit in my nostrils reading that, you pathetic specimen. The victim mentality clearly isn't confined to one side of the Mersey. Now grow a pair, stfu and get ready for your 20/21 campaign when you're bound to piss L2, aren't you?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What's happening with league one? on 21:01 - Jun 9 with 1415 viewsJames1980

What's happening with league one? on 20:58 - Jun 9 by D_Alien

You what? I've got a burning sense of bullshit in my nostrils reading that, you pathetic specimen. The victim mentality clearly isn't confined to one side of the Mersey. Now grow a pair, stfu and get ready for your 20/21 campaign when you're bound to piss L2, aren't you?

FL1CB with FRGKH are going to do that surely!

Piss league 2 that is.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 21:07]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

What's happening with league one? on 21:26 - Jun 9 with 1313 viewsnordenblue

What's happening with league one? on 20:58 - Jun 9 by D_Alien

Anything that pisses them plastic scousers off is mighty fine by me,such a mahoosive club should have no problem walking league 2 next year anyway.....
What's happening with league one? on 21:27 - Jun 9 with 1312 viewsReedy

Two things I pick out of this:

I have no doubt we would have survived if we had been able to carry on.

Based on what exactly? You were in the relegation places with 10 games to go, in a normal season four go down from League 1. You were third bottom with Bolton who had points deducted, and Southend, both of whom were poor sides and never looked like getting out of trouble. In March, the table doesn’t lie.

Burning sense of injustice, rightful place in league one.

What an absolute load of rubbish, the reason you were relegated from league one, was because over the games played, you were the third worst side, meaning you can take up your rightful place in league two.

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024