Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's happening with league one? 19:14 - Jun 5 with 14241 viewsRotherhamDale

Have I just missed it or has there not been a decision yet?

I think it's the only league where a decision is yet to be made.

Possession with progression.

What's happening with league one? on 21:55 - Jun 9 with 1781 viewsdingdangblue

What's happening with league one? on 20:35 - Jun 9 by Shun

I wonder why they’ve chosen those 8 clubs to direct their ire at when it’s clear 18 clubs voted to end the season? Are they giving the other 10 a free pass?

‘Practically a third of the season still to play’ - I’d love to know what kind of calculations they were using when they decreed that 10 games left out of 44 is a third.

‘Would have been very confident of beating them’ - Wildly and absurdly optimistic, considering how much we outplayed them at Prenton Park (and, using their logic, in our final game we just played Rotherham off the park - a side much better than Tranmere). I was very confident of beating them when the original fixture was postponed, but storms happen.

I have no particular problem with Tranmere at all, and I do feel sorry for them, but by god idiots like these two and a lot on Twitter make it difficult!

Had to laugh at the 'practically a third of the season left' comment myself. 🤣

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What's happening with league one? on 22:10 - Jun 9 with 1726 viewsTVOS1907

What's happening with league one? on 21:55 - Jun 9 by dingdangblue

Had to laugh at the 'practically a third of the season left' comment myself. 🤣

I think they were using the same algorithm that kept them up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's happening with league one? on 22:45 - Jun 9 with 1604 viewsAtThePeake

What's happening with league one? on 21:27 - Jun 9 by Reedy

Two things I pick out of this:

I have no doubt we would have survived if we had been able to carry on.

Based on what exactly? You were in the relegation places with 10 games to go, in a normal season four go down from League 1. You were third bottom with Bolton who had points deducted, and Southend, both of whom were poor sides and never looked like getting out of trouble. In March, the table doesn’t lie.

Burning sense of injustice, rightful place in league one.

What an absolute load of rubbish, the reason you were relegated from league one, was because over the games played, you were the third worst side, meaning you can take up your rightful place in league two.

"The consequence of what has happened, if not overturned, is that we now have to prepare for a drop of approximately £1 million in our income next year."

This was the bit that stood out for me. If this is true then it's a remarkable number and given that Tranmere were very much under serious threat of relegation, being in the relegation zone for the majority of the campaign, they surely must have a contingency plan in place to deal with this, which must take some doing.

What is this number made up of and what would the number be for a club like ourselves if we were to go down? If we're on the bare bones of our backside as recent statements from the board suggest, then relegation if and when it comes could possibly be the end of us if League One clubs have to expect a £1m drop in income if dropping from the third tier into the fourth.

Unless of course, as suspected, it's absolute nonsense and a number plucked from thin air.

Tangled up in blue.

What's happening with league one? on 23:11 - Jun 9 with 1525 viewsRAFCBLUE

What's happening with league one? on 22:45 - Jun 9 by AtThePeake

"The consequence of what has happened, if not overturned, is that we now have to prepare for a drop of approximately £1 million in our income next year."

This was the bit that stood out for me. If this is true then it's a remarkable number and given that Tranmere were very much under serious threat of relegation, being in the relegation zone for the majority of the campaign, they surely must have a contingency plan in place to deal with this, which must take some doing.

What is this number made up of and what would the number be for a club like ourselves if we were to go down? If we're on the bare bones of our backside as recent statements from the board suggest, then relegation if and when it comes could possibly be the end of us if League One clubs have to expect a £1m drop in income if dropping from the third tier into the fourth.

Unless of course, as suspected, it's absolute nonsense and a number plucked from thin air.

I do feel sorry for Tranmere in a roundabout sort of way.

They are not relegated on merit but as the season paused. Had that happened to us in 2017/18 at the wrong point in the season with all those games in hand from weather and FA Cup postponements we might have had the same fate.

£1m is pretty realistic based on the TV money and gate receipts - Salford and Morcambe will not be the same away followings as Sunderland and Portsmouth.

There for the grace of god go we all and good luck to them next season. Let us not forget they had the morons from lower gigg lording it up over them twice on borrowed money. They are a proper football club.

The missing out of Peterborough is the other side of the coin. i could not think of a better, more deserving club to miss out. Barry Fry feels "cheated" which is ironic given the way a number of us had to watch Darren Ferguson and others behave over the years.

Honourable mentions too for Sunderland and Ipswich. Less arrogance from both of those but good for Dale financially they have stayed down.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

What's happening with league one? on 09:39 - Jun 10 with 1290 viewsDaleiLama

What's happening with league one? on 16:52 - Jun 9 by Albert_Whitehurst

GMR gone onto radio silence for the rest of today as a mark of respect for Bolton Wanderers.

Very much looking forward to the BBC's mealy mouthed reply to my next complaint, after they cover 21 of the 23 home games of a once famous League 2 club next season Albert. At least coverage of a manager who becomes more unhinged by the week as they languish in mid-table and fans bay for his blood promises to be amusing in a macabre sort of way.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What's happening with league one? on 10:13 - Jun 10 with 1236 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What's happening with league one? on 23:11 - Jun 9 by RAFCBLUE

They are not relegated on merit but as the season paused. Had that happened to us in 2017/18 at the wrong point in the season with all those games in hand from weather and FA Cup postponements we might have had the same fate.

£1m is pretty realistic based on the TV money and gate receipts - Salford and Morcambe will not be the same away followings as Sunderland and Portsmouth.

There for the grace of god go we all and good luck to them next season. Let us not forget they had the morons from lower gigg lording it up over them twice on borrowed money. They are a proper football club.

The missing out of Peterborough is the other side of the coin. i could not think of a better, more deserving club to miss out. Barry Fry feels "cheated" which is ironic given the way a number of us had to watch Darren Ferguson and others behave over the years.

Honourable mentions too for Sunderland and Ipswich. Less arrogance from both of those but good for Dale financially they have stayed down.

I agree re Tranmere. When BBM took over last season in March we were in the bottom four. A significant upturn in performances and results meant we escaped. If we were in Tranmere’s position this season we would surely be arguing the same, and pointing to last season as evidence.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

What's happening with league one? on 10:16 - Jun 10 with 1219 viewsD_Alien

What's happening with league one? on 10:13 - Jun 10 by BigDaveMyCock

I agree re Tranmere. When BBM took over last season in March we were in the bottom four. A significant upturn in performances and results meant we escaped. If we were in Tranmere’s position this season we would surely be arguing the same, and pointing to last season as evidence.

Possibly, but it's one thing to argue that case during the process, it's another to provide the public with evidence of victim mentality in the course of a whinge unbecoming of a former leading light in the FA

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What's happening with league one? on 10:59 - Jun 10 with 1161 viewsseasidedale

Will the stats , ie appearance and goals for 19/20 be valid? Would have thought so but with the way EFL run things who knows
Login to get fewer ads

What's happening with league one? on 11:02 - Jun 10 with 1147 viewsTVOS1907

What's happening with league one? on 10:59 - Jun 10 by seasidedale

Will the stats , ie appearance and goals for 19/20 be valid? Would have thought so but with the way EFL run things who knows

Yes, because the season was just cut short rather than expunged.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's happening with league one? on 13:28 - Jun 10 with 1043 viewsAtThePeake

What's happening with league one? on 23:11 - Jun 9 by RAFCBLUE

I do feel sorry for them and personally I preferred their margin for error model - or an outcome that at least gave them a chance of remaining in L1 - perhaps entering them into the L2 play-offs in an expanded play-off model similar to the National League's.

They'll undoubtedly suffer financially as a consequence (although I'm sure they'll have a contingency plan in place including relegation wage clauses and the likes) but I still think the £1m figure is slightly over-estimated. Their average attendance this season is up less than 300 from last season (it may have gone up with the visit of a promotion-chasing Rotherham but the likes of Fleetwood and MK Dons would probably have balanced that out) and the difference in TV money per club is surprisingly small between L1 and L2.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024