Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO CHALKY 15:29 - Jun 7 with 2705 viewsfrenzied

Chalky

As mentioned on a previous thread I'm watching the ITV 4 Big Match Revisited prog..its footy from the mid 1970s.

Todays featured Notts C V Fulham at Craven Cottage..Moore Best and Marsh all playing for Fulham.

Give it a look on ITV Hub?

You'll like it!!!!!!..poss before your time mate?

Just wonder if Dale ever appeared on it?..must have surely ..Bury were on last week at Gigg Lane
FAO CHALKY on 15:42 - Jun 7 with 2676 viewsD_Alien

If it's the programme that used to be on Sunday afternoon in the 70s, it featured Dale v Chesterfield played on 25 November 1972

We lost 1-2 and were shite

For some reason, the programme was introduced from outside St.Chad's church (top of the Town Hall steps)
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 15:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FAO CHALKY on 16:04 - Jun 7 with 2632 viewsTVOS1907

FAO CHALKY on 15:42 - Jun 7 by D_Alien

If it's the programme that used to be on Sunday afternoon in the 70s, it featured Dale v Chesterfield played on 25 November 1972

We lost 1-2 and were shite

For some reason, the programme was introduced from outside St.Chad's church (top of the Town Hall steps)
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 15:43]

I think I've seen almost every episode of The Big Match Revisited across various seasons - except 1972/73!

Maybe they've lost them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FAO CHALKY on 16:23 - Jun 7 with 2610 viewsncfc_chalky

Thanks for the heads up frenzied and I've just watched it on catchup,it was a little before my time as I started to watch Notts from '79 after the local team that I supported (Arnold FC) was playing away and so I decided to watch somebody else
The Fulham game looked a great match but even at three nil up I thought that they still may blow it
There was some big names in that game
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 16:26]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

FAO CHALKY on 16:33 - Jun 7 with 2569 viewsD_Alien

FAO CHALKY on 16:04 - Jun 7 by TVOS1907

I think I've seen almost every episode of The Big Match Revisited across various seasons - except 1972/73!

Maybe they've lost them.

It's entirely possible the batch of tapes from that season scurried into a dark recess, led by the Dale tape, hoping never to be found

FAO CHALKY on 16:59 - Jun 7 with 2530 viewsblackdogblue

FAO CHALKY on 16:23 - Jun 7 by ncfc_chalky

Thanks for the heads up frenzied and I've just watched it on catchup,it was a little before my time as I started to watch Notts from '79 after the local team that I supported (Arnold FC) was playing away and so I decided to watch somebody else
The Fulham game looked a great match but even at three nil up I thought that they still may blow it
There was some big names in that game
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 16:26]

Was it in Black & White?? it’s that long since you have been in league football 😀😀😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

FAO CHALKY on 17:00 - Jun 7 with 2532 viewsBartRowou

The website below has all ITV coverage by region from 68 to 83.
It only records the main game for each programme so it's not possible to see if Dale featured in brief highlights after the main game.
The only way to find out would be to look through all the regional programmes to see if Dale featured as a main game in other parts of the country.
I had a look at the Granada listings and the Chesterfield game is there but I didn't see any others in Granadaland; the Barnsley game in the late seventies is listed for Yorkshire TV.

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/itv/ITVfootball68-83.html

Update Edit: Tyne Tees showed Hartlepool 3 Dale 0 in 1983.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 17:05]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

FAO CHALKY on 18:08 - Jun 7 with 2449 viewsfrenzied

FAO CHALKY on 16:59 - Jun 7 by blackdogblue

Was it in Black & White?? it’s that long since you have been in league football 😀😀😀😀

odd you should say that as Brian Moore apologised for those watching in black and white as it was tricky to identify one side from the other!!!
FAO CHALKY on 18:35 - Jun 7 with 2395 viewsNigeriamark

FAO CHALKY on 17:00 - Jun 7 by BartRowou

It only records the main game for each programme so it's not possible to see if Dale featured in brief highlights after the main game.
The only way to find out would be to look through all the regional programmes to see if Dale featured as a main game in other parts of the country.
I had a look at the Granada listings and the Chesterfield game is there but I didn't see any others in Granadaland; the Barnsley game in the late seventies is listed for Yorkshire TV.

was the Barnsley game the one where they were looking nailed on for promotion and we were somewhere near the bottom. It was meant to be a celebration at Oakwell but we won ( 3-0?)
Login to get fewer ads

FAO CHALKY on 19:18 - Jun 7 with 2354 viewsncfc_chalky

FAO CHALKY on 18:08 - Jun 7 by frenzied

odd you should say that as Brian Moore apologised for those watching in black and white as it was tricky to identify one side from the other!!!

It seems like something from the Victorian age now,black and white and three channels,I can remember our school having a computer and it was the size of a room and only the top 10% of pupils was allowed in there and I bet that it couldn't do a hundredth of what a cheap mobile can today

FAO CHALKY on 19:27 - Jun 7 with 2333 viewsblackdogblue

FAO CHALKY on 18:08 - Jun 7 by frenzied

Who was the snooker commentator that famously said something like for those of you watching in black & white, the pink is next to the blue 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

FAO CHALKY on 19:30 - Jun 7 with 2323 viewsncfc_chalky

FAO CHALKY on 19:27 - Jun 7 by blackdogblue

Who was the snooker commentator that famously said something like for those of you watching in black & white, the pink is next to the blue 😀

I honestly thought that Brian Moore was going to say something along the same lines when he mentioned viewers watching in black and white

FAO CHALKY on 19:47 - Jun 7 with 2288 viewsDorsetDale

FAO CHALKY on 18:35 - Jun 7 by Nigeriamark

was the Barnsley game the one where they were looking nailed on for promotion and we were somewhere near the bottom. It was meant to be a celebration at Oakwell but we won ( 3-0?)

Indeed it was.

Distinctly remember watching the video-printer in disbelief!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

FAO CHALKY on 20:14 - Jun 7 with 2261 viewsBartRowou

There's also a mid-seventies, LIVE FROM NORWICH, Anglia TV 1-0 defeat to Colchester.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

FAO CHALKY on 13:44 - Jun 8 with 2057 viewsMolly

FAO CHALKY on 19:27 - Jun 7 by blackdogblue

It was the late Ted Lowe in the 1985 world Championship final between Steve Davis and Dennis Taylor.
FAO CHALKY on 21:18 - Jun 8 with 1954 viewsdogboy

Rochdale v Chesterfield on ITV as I remember it was it really foggy and I thouught typical we get on TV and this happens !
FAO CHALKY on 21:26 - Jun 8 with 1940 viewsTVOS1907

FAO CHALKY on 17:00 - Jun 7 by BartRowou

It was and it's a game covered a few times in TVOS over the years.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FAO CHALKY on 22:08 - Jun 8 with 1884 viewsEllDale

With reference to the Chesterfield home game, I always remember noticing that Granada’s version of “Morning Service” or whatever it was called the following day came from Rochdale Parish Church.
That may explain how the highlights programme came to be introduced from there as the camera crew were already in place or indeed why a Dale game was selected for coverage in the first place.
I remember that Spotland didn’t have a TV gantry in those days so the cameras and commentary box were on temporary scaffolding in front of the main stand which obscured view of the pitch and meant that you couldn’t stand in the paddock.
FAO CHALKY on 22:25 - Jun 8 with 1861 viewsD_Alien

FAO CHALKY on 22:08 - Jun 8 by EllDale

With reference to the Chesterfield home game, I always remember noticing that Granada’s version of “Morning Service” or whatever it was called the following day came from Rochdale Parish Church.
That may explain how the highlights programme came to be introduced from there as the camera crew were already in place or indeed why a Dale game was selected for coverage in the first place.
I remember that Spotland didn’t have a TV gantry in those days so the cameras and commentary box were on temporary scaffolding in front of the main stand which obscured view of the pitch and meant that you couldn’t stand in the paddock.

Ah, cheers, that explains it!

The other thing the tv cameras had trouble with was the glare from the white floodlights which reflected off the fog, giving some parts of the action the appearance of a ghost story

Ghastly indeed

FAO CHALKY on 23:56 - Jun 8 with 1808 viewsdownunder

FAO CHALKY on 13:44 - Jun 8 by Molly

It was the late Ted Lowe in the 1985 world Championship final between Steve Davis and Dennis Taylor.

Whispering Ted. He aslo spoke the line, about Fred Davis, that "he is getting on a bit, and struggling to get his leg over"
Also recall from the time of black and white telly, Eddie Waring stating "that it was getting late in the game, as the shadows were getting longer under the floodlights" Same year as Hornets got to the Floodlit Cup final?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024