Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoffs 17:16 - Jun 9 with 10243 viewsShun

Who are we having then?

League Two:
Cheltenham, Exeter, Colchester, Northampton

I think Cheltenham will win, they’re the best of the four and they play some really nice stuff. Although my preference would be Northampton. Always had a soft spot for them.

League One:
Wycombe, Oxford, Fleetwood, Portsmouth

I kind of hope Wycombe do it just to see Peterborough’s chairman explode. It’d be nice to see a small club get promoted too. Although I’ll be glad to see the back of Portsmouth - they always hammer us down there and their fans seem just as deluded as any other big club in the lower leagues.
Playoffs on 02:19 - Jun 20 with 2637 viewsShun

Playoffs on 01:09 - Jun 20 by DiddyDave

Don`t think any grounds are happy hunting ones for Dale are there? Maybe Accy in recent years,but can`t think of any others and that goes back decades.

From the top of my head, Accrington and Walsall we always seem to win at, the latter in particular we seem to save some excellent performances for. Without knowing the stats, we don’t seem to have a bad record at Rotherham either. And there was a club down the road we used to regularly embarrass on their own patch before they did themselves out of existence.
Playoffs on 09:51 - Jun 20 with 2539 viewsAtThePeake

Playoffs on 02:19 - Jun 20 by Shun

From the top of my head, Accrington and Walsall we always seem to win at, the latter in particular we seem to save some excellent performances for. Without knowing the stats, we don’t seem to have a bad record at Rotherham either. And there was a club down the road we used to regularly embarrass on their own patch before they did themselves out of existence.

I was just about to mention Gigg Lane!

You're right about Rotherham too. 4 games, 4 wins at their new stadium.

Tangled up in blue.

Playoffs on 10:02 - Jun 20 with 2514 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 09:51 - Jun 20 by AtThePeake

I was just about to mention Gigg Lane!

You're right about Rotherham too. 4 games, 4 wins at their new stadium.

There were also a few wins at Millmoor before they left there.

We also have a pretty good record at Cheltenham and in the early-2000s, we won something like six consecutive games at Carlisle.

I saw quite a few wins at places like Darlington and Halifax too.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Playoffs on 21:54 - Jun 22 with 2417 viewsD_Alien

Amazing turn around by Northampton, winning 0-3 after losing the first leg 0-2 at home to Cheltenham

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Playoffs on 23:23 - Jun 22 with 2339 viewsAtThePeake

Playoffs on 21:54 - Jun 22 by D_Alien

Amazing turn around by Northampton, winning 0-3 after losing the first leg 0-2 at home to Cheltenham

Well there goes my play-offs treble. Remarkably bad defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals.The young striker who scored them both was a handful though.

Tangled up in blue.

Playoffs on 13:12 - Jun 28 with 2141 viewsncfc_chalky

Notts and other clubs are still waiting for the FA to ratify the NL's PPG position and the playoffs can't begin until the FA Council vote to support the leagues resolution
Why is it taking so long as leagues 1 and 2 got sorted reasonably quickly once the season had been finished

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Playoffs on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 2080 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 13:12 - Jun 28 by ncfc_chalky

Notts and other clubs are still waiting for the FA to ratify the NL's PPG position and the playoffs can't begin until the FA Council vote to support the leagues resolution
Why is it taking so long as leagues 1 and 2 got sorted reasonably quickly once the season had been finished

It's more important in the real leagues.

Playoffs on 15:26 - Jun 28 with 2002 viewsncfc_chalky

I think that they should ban Harrogate from the playoffs and give Notts a bye for the final for having that dodgy plastic pitch as I don't think that they are allowed in the "real leagues" are they?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 15:27]

Login to get fewer ads

Playoffs on 15:53 - Jun 28 with 1973 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 15:26 - Jun 28 by ncfc_chalky

I think that they should ban Harrogate from the playoffs and give Notts a bye for the final for having that dodgy plastic pitch as I don't think that they are allowed in the "real leagues" are they?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 15:27]

No, but I'm sure they'll replace it if necessary.

Playoffs on 20:52 - Jun 29 with 1713 viewsShun

Looks like the Cobblers are returning. 2-0 up after an hour against ten-man Exeter in their playoff final.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 21:08]
Playoffs on 20:56 - Jun 29 with 1704 viewstodmordendale

Reports suggest it all cobblers
Playoffs on 21:03 - Jun 29 with 1697 viewsChaffRAFC

Fancied Northampton to win the playoffs before they started but then thought they'd bottled the first leg of the semi-final but fair play to them.

Wanted us to sign Nicky Adams as well last summer and given his links to BBM and the signing of O'Connell, I thought we might see him back. Gone on to get 17 assists this season while we have to watch Dooley every week.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Playoffs on 21:10 - Jun 29 with 1686 viewsSuddenLad

Playoffs on 20:56 - Jun 29 by todmordendale

Reports suggest it all cobblers

Exeter down to 10 men. Nicky Adams off with a hamstring injury. Exeter showing a bit of a fight, but too little, too late. Cobblers deserve the 2-0 lead and it could/should be more.

Edit: 4-0 to Cobblers.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 21:20]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Playoffs on 22:53 - Jun 29 with 1586 viewsmacro

Playoffs on 21:03 - Jun 29 by ChaffRAFC

Fancied Northampton to win the playoffs before they started but then thought they'd bottled the first leg of the semi-final but fair play to them.

Wanted us to sign Nicky Adams as well last summer and given his links to BBM and the signing of O'Connell, I thought we might see him back. Gone on to get 17 assists this season while we have to watch Dooley every week.

Bet Dooley can't believe his luck having signed a new deal
Playoffs on 05:23 - Jun 30 with 1488 viewsSandyman

Northampton dominated Exeter and got the result they deserved. Long ball, oof it up, long throws,"gerrit forrard" worked for them. Not tippy tappy. Credit to Keith Curle for making the best of his options.

Be interesting to see how that works out in League 1 for them, whenever next season is. They looked effective last night.
Playoffs on 06:55 - Jun 30 with 1455 viewsfitzochris

Playoffs on 05:23 - Jun 30 by Sandyman

Northampton dominated Exeter and got the result they deserved. Long ball, oof it up, long throws,"gerrit forrard" worked for them. Not tippy tappy. Credit to Keith Curle for making the best of his options.

Be interesting to see how that works out in League 1 for them, whenever next season is. They looked effective last night.

Being first to the second ball in both boxes was key for them.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Playoffs on 07:58 - Jun 30 with 1408 viewsjudd

Playoffs on 06:55 - Jun 30 by fitzochris

Being first to the second ball in both boxes was key for them.

...as well as scoring the most goals

Poll: What is it to be then?

Playoffs on 08:27 - Jun 30 with 1387 viewsfitzochris

Playoffs on 07:58 - Jun 30 by judd

...as well as scoring the most goals

Led them to scoring their goals and stopped Exeter scoring any. Easy.

Playoffs on 08:37 - Jun 30 with 1371 viewsjudd

Playoffs on 08:27 - Jun 30 by fitzochris

Led them to scoring their goals and stopped Exeter scoring any. Easy.

Exeter must be sick of Wembley now

Poll: What is it to be then?

Playoffs on 09:42 - Jun 30 with 1322 viewstony_roch975

Playoffs on 08:37 - Jun 30 by judd

Exeter must be sick of Wembley now

losing 3 finals in 4 years is tough - wonder if that mental barrier was a reason they never got out of the blocks; not sure League 1 defences will be as porous as the Grecians. Adams still looks quality at that level & his replacement was effective too.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Playoffs on 09:49 - Jun 30 with 1314 viewsfitzochris

Playoffs on 09:42 - Jun 30 by tony_roch975

losing 3 finals in 4 years is tough - wonder if that mental barrier was a reason they never got out of the blocks; not sure League 1 defences will be as porous as the Grecians. Adams still looks quality at that level & his replacement was effective too.

Those are exactly the goals we would have conceded during Keith Hill's final two years with us.

Playoffs on 18:12 - Jul 18 with 1065 viewsShun

Going down to the final game (or final two for Barnsley), we still aren’t guaranteed any team coming down from The Championship.

It’ll be any three from Barnsley, Hull, Luton, Charlton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough or Wigan. Although with their GD Hull are effectively down.
Playoffs on 19:15 - Jul 18 with 1007 viewsncfc_chalky

National League playoffs

Harrogate v Boreham Wood

Notts County v Barnet

Games played over 90 mins and no extra time if score is equal,straight to penalties

Notts will play the winners of the Harrogate v Boreham Wood game at Wembley on the 2nd August

Playoffs on 19:20 - Jul 18 with 998 viewsSuddenLad

Playoffs on 19:15 - Jul 18 by ncfc_chalky

National League playoffs

Harrogate v Boreham Wood

Notts County v Barnet

Games played over 90 mins and no extra time if score is equal,straight to penalties

Notts will play the winners of the Harrogate v Boreham Wood game at Wembley on the 2nd August

The FG's will be quivering at that comment. Be careful.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Playoffs on 19:58 - Jul 18 with 958 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 18:12 - Jul 18 by Shun

Going down to the final game (or final two for Barnsley), we still aren’t guaranteed any team coming down from The Championship.

It’ll be any three from Barnsley, Hull, Luton, Charlton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough or Wigan. Although with their GD Hull are effectively down.

Looked up the head to head stats between Dale and the above teams. Until I did I had never heard of the Freight Rover Trophy.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024