Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further Q&As 08:55 - Jun 10 with 11110 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/06/follow-up-questions-with-dan-altman/

Good stuff here

Poll: What is it to be then?

Further Q&As on 12:35 - Jun 11 with 1593 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 12:06 - Jun 11 by dawlishdale

The usual way in which this happens is by way of monthly "management fees". I have seen this happen at a company I was involved in before..... Investment is made, and those who invest have a say in the running of the business in return for fees, usually paid to their holding company.
Of course, the million $ question is how much they would charge in order to make a good return for their own investors, and whether the knowledge and investment they would bring is worth the cost.

Yeah, I’ve seen similar products and I suspect something like this will be the case. Whilst they can be technically presented as ‘interest-free’ loans it’s disingenuous to allow people to glean from that that only the capital element of the loan is repayable.
I do wonder as well whether something like that will be used re the issue of security. The provider of the loan will not take the security. However, the club will enter into some sort of services agreement with the holding company, pursuant to which the fees will be paid, and it will be the holding company that takes the security. In that way, the loan will not be backed by security. However, that doesn’t mean that the club will not be providing security.
The presentation of loans as interest-free and not backed by security is a red-flag.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:38]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Further Q&As on 12:50 - Jun 11 with 1532 viewsdawlishdale

Further Q&As on 12:35 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

Yeah, I’ve seen similar products and I suspect something like this will be the case. Whilst they can be technically presented as ‘interest-free’ loans it’s disingenuous to allow people to glean from that that only the capital element of the loan is repayable.
I do wonder as well whether something like that will be used re the issue of security. The provider of the loan will not take the security. However, the club will enter into some sort of services agreement with the holding company, pursuant to which the fees will be paid, and it will be the holding company that takes the security. In that way, the loan will not be backed by security. However, that doesn’t mean that the club will not be providing security.
The presentation of loans as interest-free and not backed by security is a red-flag.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:38]

One would fully expect the club to have highlighted this in their statement, so as to provide fans and shareholders with a better understanding of the background to the offer. One would also expect that CD would have been aware of their plans before he sold his shares. It may well be part of the NDA conditions preventing them from expanding.

I'm of the opinion that this is an exciting prospect, but one that also presents a substantial risk to the club. The Directors must view the risk as being significant to have withdrawn from negotiations, and state that no further talks are planned.
Further Q&As on 15:55 - Jun 11 with 1407 views1949er

Further Q&As on 23:05 - Jun 10 by D_Alien

There's little doubt, either from listening to Dan Altman or looking into his CV, that he's highly intelligent and seems to have an easy knack of locking quickly onto what makes other's tick, enabling him to open people up to his ideas

He got on well with AK when he visited the club

His ready response to the Trust question about his interim stance pending any further developments: "I'm a supporter!"

None of the above is intended negatively. It's just a description based on available information. It's my opinion that he'd run rings round those currently in charge at Dale, and i think they know it. Is that a good or a bad thing? I wouldn't like to say

Is this the same Dan Altman that was involved unsuccessfully Swansea City?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Further Q&As on 16:30 - Jun 11 with 1352 viewsjudd

Further Q&As on 15:55 - Jun 11 by 1949er

Is this the same Dan Altman that was involved unsuccessfully Swansea City?

As an employee, yes.

Further Q&As on 16:30 - Jun 11 with 1352 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 12:50 - Jun 11 by dawlishdale

One would fully expect the club to have highlighted this in their statement, so as to provide fans and shareholders with a better understanding of the background to the offer. One would also expect that CD would have been aware of their plans before he sold his shares. It may well be part of the NDA conditions preventing them from expanding.

I'm of the opinion that this is an exciting prospect, but one that also presents a substantial risk to the club. The Directors must view the risk as being significant to have withdrawn from negotiations, and state that no further talks are planned.

Or they may have just spoken to someone at Swansea?

Further Q&As on 16:36 - Jun 11 with 1342 viewsjudd

Further Q&As on 16:30 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

It appears to be the price that caused the disconnect.

Further Q&As on 16:59 - Jun 11 with 1302 viewsD_Alien

Further Q&As on 16:30 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

I should hope they have. Just as well we ignored the views of those who cast Chris O'Grady aside, to quote one of your own recent examples

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Further Q&As on 17:10 - Jun 11 with 1269 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 16:36 - Jun 11 by judd

I’m sure you’re right.

Login to get fewer ads

Further Q&As on 17:14 - Jun 11 with 1254 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 16:59 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

I should hope they have. Just as well we ignored the views of those who cast Chris O'Grady aside, to quote one of your own recent examples

I don’t recall O’Grady playing for Swansea?

Further Q&As on 17:24 - Jun 11 with 1231 viewsjudd

Further Q&As on 17:14 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

He was their goldbond agent

Further Q&As on 17:59 - Jun 11 with 1169 viewsD_Alien

Further Q&As on 17:14 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

Doesn't surprise me you're unable to respond to the point about being able to form an independent judgement

Further Q&As on 18:05 - Jun 11 with 1152 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 17:59 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

Doesn't surprise me you're unable to respond to the point about being able to form an independent judgement

Did you make an independent judgment that Chris O’Grady played for Swansea?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 18:18]

Further Q&As on 18:17 - Jun 11 with 1129 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 16:36 - Jun 11 by judd

From what I’m hearing you’re right. However, Board machinations aside, there’s a guy (significant shareholder now) here who wants to, and may end up, running/owning the club who is talking about interest-free unsecured loan ‘investment’. He’s also talking about returns for investors. I’m sorry but it’s difficult to see how the two marry together. I could be wrong.

Further Q&As on 18:35 - Jun 11 with 1085 viewsD_Alien

Further Q&As on 18:05 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

Did you make an independent judgment that Chris O’Grady played for Swansea?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 18:18]

I made an independent judgement that Dan Altman may or may not be a good fit for Dale to foster an investment relationship with, irrespective of his experience at Swansea

Have you worked out why data analytics might well have found that Chris O'Grady would be a useful asset for Dale, like you had to have pointed out to you?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 18:37]

Further Q&As on 18:56 - Jun 11 with 1045 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 18:35 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

I made an independent judgement that Dan Altman may or may not be a good fit for Dale to foster an investment relationship with, irrespective of his experience at Swansea

Have you worked out why data analytics might well have found that Chris O'Grady would be a useful asset for Dale, like you had to have pointed out to you?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 18:37]

I asked the question how they would. I don’t know if they would or wouldn’t. You are presuming they definitely would. That’s a bit silly.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 18:57]

Further Q&As on 18:59 - Jun 11 with 1038 viewsisitme

Further Q&As on 18:17 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

From what I’m hearing you’re right. However, Board machinations aside, there’s a guy (significant shareholder now) here who wants to, and may end up, running/owning the club who is talking about interest-free unsecured loan ‘investment’. He’s also talking about returns for investors. I’m sorry but it’s difficult to see how the two marry together. I could be wrong.

It is a fair question and what would be classed as an acceptable return? Would 10% of all transfer income be acceptable? This is what Hill was supposedly entitled to.

If their model of player recruitment is successful it would be win, win for all parties. Peterborough do well in terms of transfer revenue with a buy cheap and sell high approach.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 19:03]
Further Q&As on 19:02 - Jun 11 with 1025 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 18:59 - Jun 11 by isitme

It is a fair question and what would be classed as an acceptable return? Would 10% of all transfer income be acceptable? This is what Hill was supposedly entitled to.

If their model of player recruitment is successful it would be win, win for all parties. Peterborough do well in terms of transfer revenue with a buy cheap and sell high approach.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 19:03]

My concern is what happens if it doesn’t work. They have said the loans will be unsecured. I find that very hard to believe.

Further Q&As on 19:05 - Jun 11 with 1017 viewsisitme

Further Q&As on 19:02 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

My concern is what happens if it doesn’t work. They have said the loans will be unsecured. I find that very hard to believe.

Again that is a fair point, but to ask the question again would you see a percentage return on player sales as being acceptable in principle?
Further Q&As on 19:11 - Jun 11 with 1005 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 19:05 - Jun 11 by isitme

Again that is a fair point, but to ask the question again would you see a percentage return on player sales as being acceptable in principle?

I’d say no. In my experience nobody lends a sizeable amount of money without some form of security (guarantee/legal charge). The risk is too great.

Further Q&As on 19:17 - Jun 11 with 980 viewsjudd

Further Q&As on 19:11 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

I’d say no. In my experience nobody lends a sizeable amount of money without some form of security (guarantee/legal charge). The risk is too great.

Pie sales then?

Further Q&As on 19:19 - Jun 11 with 975 viewsJames1980

Further Q&As on 19:11 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

Perhaps they have such faith in there software this is why they are willing to forgo security.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Further Q&As on 19:34 - Jun 11 with 947 viewsJumeirahDale

Further Q&As on 18:17 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

It is possible to marry the two together if you assume an increase in valuation from success on the field, but that takes us full circle back to the "exit strategy" point again.
Further Q&As on 19:39 - Jun 11 with 934 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 19:19 - Jun 11 by James1980

Perhaps they have such faith in there software this is why they are willing to forgo security.

They may think it’s worthy of George Jetson himself but there are a myriad of factors that may mean the loan or whatever mechanism repayments are made through are not able to be met for whatever reason. Investors will always want something to fall back on to guarantee at least some of their outlay.

Further Q&As on 19:45 - Jun 11 with 920 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Further Q&As on 19:34 - Jun 11 by JumeirahDale

It is possible to marry the two together if you assume an increase in valuation from success on the field, but that takes us full circle back to the "exit strategy" point again.

Exactly. I find it very hard to believe that investors will part with significant amounts of money with their only guarantee of a return (including their outlay) being the performance of a football team and the presumed returns that will flow from that.
That’s essentially gambling. These are investors.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 19:48]

Further Q&As on 20:04 - Jun 11 with 888 viewsJames1980

Further Q&As on 19:39 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

They may think it’s worthy of George Jetson himself but there are a myriad of factors that may mean the loan or whatever mechanism repayments are made through are not able to be met for whatever reason. Investors will always want something to fall back on to guarantee at least some of their outlay.

Do they mean it won't be secured against the club/coa however if a new training facility gets built they want a separate company formed and that becomes the security?
Alternatively what sort of marketing budget do firms have these days? Is a few million unheard of? Having said that I am not sure I like the idea Dale being used in an elaborate marketing campaign for their scouting program.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024