Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 11:18 - Jun 10 with 12849 viewsDaleEdchup

I presume we will hear this soon now that the season has concluded. Who are we all hoping stays?

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Retained list on 13:51 - Jun 11 with 3466 viewsmikehunt

I’d keep MJ.
Calvin is a tricky one. As a striker then no. But I can’t understand why he has never been repurposed as some kind of defender. He has been good when asked to play that role. He definitely could still do a job for us in such a role.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Retained list on 14:07 - Jun 11 with 3432 viewsrichfoad32

Retained list on 13:51 - Jun 11 by mikehunt

I’d keep MJ.
Calvin is a tricky one. As a striker then no. But I can’t understand why he has never been repurposed as some kind of defender. He has been good when asked to play that role. He definitely could still do a job for us in such a role.

He has been repurposed as a defender a couple of times in the last few seasons, at left back and centre half, both times were a disaster. I don't know why people keep insisting that Calvin might have a future as as a defender, he's handy to have back there for the last few minutes when we're hanging on and the oppo are slinging desperation balls into the box but that's a completely different ask to playing a full 90 minutes there.

I like Calvin and he's been a good servant (am I allowed to say that in the current PC climate?) to the club, but surely the time has come to part ways?
Retained list on 14:13 - Jun 11 with 3412 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I’d keep MJ.

In the deeefensive zone his upper-body head kicks achieve maximum actualisation. On the flip-side of the dime, his offensive actuality is minus one over four with a lack of goal strikes being the dominant factorisation, whether it be upper-body head strikes or lower-body leg strikes. Given that he couldn’t strike a buffalo’s butt with a double bass, no contract offerisation should protrudify.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 14:14]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Retained list on 14:32 - Jun 11 with 3351 viewsDaleiLama

Retained list on 14:13 - Jun 11 by BigDaveMyCock

In the deeefensive zone his upper-body head kicks achieve maximum actualisation. On the flip-side of the dime, his offensive actuality is minus one over four with a lack of goal strikes being the dominant factorisation, whether it be upper-body head strikes or lower-body leg strikes. Given that he couldn’t strike a buffalo’s butt with a double bass, no contract offerisation should protrudify.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 14:14]

Whatchu tryna say bro?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained list on 14:34 - Jun 11 with 3344 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Retained list on 14:32 - Jun 11 by DaleiLama

Whatchu tryna say bro?

Nothing, it’s all the media’s fault.

Retained list on 08:24 - Jun 13 with 2976 viewsmacro

Deals for the youngsters as they are cheap + Camps, Henderson & maybe Wilbraham

Gillam, Lillis, McLaughlin, MJ (released)

Usually I get at least 1 wrong.
Retained list on 09:45 - Jun 13 with 2869 viewselectricblue

Lillis (release better options about) 
McLaughlin (release injury prone) 
MJ (2yr deal) 
Calvin (release not good enough) 
Camps (2yr a deal) 
Wilbraham (if he can hack another season 1 yr deal) 
Bradley (release) 
Gillam (release) 
Tavares (2yr deal looks to have something he can offer) 
Hopper (release) 
Henderson (2yr deal)

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained list on 09:55 - Jun 13 with 2855 viewsjonahwhereru

I’d keep MJ.

I am a fan of the “I am going to dominate these centre half’s “ Calvin used to be at times, especially when coming of the bench. But there is a massive difference between being the spare man at corners who can attack the ball and a player marking centre half. It’s to late for him, old dog and new tricks.
Time for him to go, but I hope than people don’t see it as a good riddance scenario, as that would not be reflective of his contribution both on and of the field.
Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 11:52 - Jun 13 with 2691 viewsSuddenLad

Retained list on 14:32 - Jun 11 by DaleiLama

Whatchu tryna say bro?

Death Rigby, reporting for Sky News, Rochdale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained list on 13:24 - Jun 13 with 2580 viewsShun

I wonder how Hill’s sacking at Bolton will affect Henderson’s decision whether to move on or not.
Retained list on 13:48 - Jun 13 with 2551 viewsJames1980

Retained list on 13:24 - Jun 13 by Shun

I wonder how Hill’s sacking at Bolton will affect Henderson’s decision whether to move on or not.

Maybe he wasn't able to deliver Hendo and that contributed to not having his contact renewed.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Retained list on 14:26 - Jun 13 with 2489 viewsTVOS1907

Retained list on 13:48 - Jun 13 by James1980

Maybe he wasn't able to deliver Hendo and that contributed to not having his contact renewed.

I don't think so, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained list on 18:32 - Jun 13 with 2312 viewsTalkingSutty

Retained list on 13:48 - Jun 13 by James1980

There’s a strong rumour that there is going to be a maximum wage in place for each division starting from next year, so the likes of Salford and Bolton won’t be able to offer higher wages than many of the other Clubs in that league i wouldn’t have thought. League One Clubs such as Rochdale would theoretically be able to offer Henderson a higher wage than Bolton or Salford . Clubs found to be breaking the wage structure are to be deducted points as a punishment is the suggestion. Obviously it depends what the maximum wage limit in each league is but it could be the change in wage structures that makes Hendo decide to sign a new contract. I would still be surprised if he did but we live in hope.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 18:34]
Retained list on 18:59 - Jun 13 with 2257 viewsSaxonDale

Could be wrong but I'd be surprised if any wage caps were introduced in time for the 20/21 season purely because I assume most contracts would be agreed by the time it took all clubs to discuss and agree to a cap introduction.
Retained list on 19:10 - Jun 13 with 2241 viewsSaxonDale

Retained list on 14:07 - Jun 11 by richfoad32

He has been repurposed as a defender a couple of times in the last few seasons, at left back and centre half, both times were a disaster. I don't know why people keep insisting that Calvin might have a future as as a defender, he's handy to have back there for the last few minutes when we're hanging on and the oppo are slinging desperation balls into the box but that's a completely different ask to playing a full 90 minutes there.

I like Calvin and he's been a good servant (am I allowed to say that in the current PC climate?) to the club, but surely the time has come to part ways?

Agreed- would be amazed if we we offered Calvin a new deal. I actually think Calvin was an OK player (nothing more) for us when he had a regular run of games under his belt a few years back. However since he's become more and more of a bit-part player for us his performances have absolutely nose-dived- seems to me he's not capable of coming into the team after 8 games out and being 'League 1 ready.'

Our style has also changed a lot since Calvin signed his new deal too- think not predicting that change across the league was one of Hilly's biggest errors. Pitches are generally getting better in the league and teams are playing with more technical front players- it's very rare that we see an attacking player on the pitch mainly for their aerial ability like Vincenti or Andrew were used. In the few games we might need one, I'd trust Wilbraham to step up again.
Retained list on 21:24 - Jun 13 with 2044 viewsCreepy

Bar Camps and Henderson, wouldn't be offering anyone a new deal
Retained list on 21:29 - Jun 13 with 2039 viewsrkershaw

Retained list on 21:24 - Jun 13 by Creepy

Bar Camps and Henderson, wouldn't be offering anyone a new deal

Marc Pugh anyone (formerly touted under Hillys' regime)?? ....33 years old.....former Bournemouth midfielder.......recently released by QPR ..........maybe looking for a club closer to 'home'
Retained list on 22:38 - Jun 13 with 1932 viewsShun

Retained list on 18:32 - Jun 13 by TalkingSutty

There’s a strong rumour that there is going to be a maximum wage in place for each division starting from next year, so the likes of Salford and Bolton won’t be able to offer higher wages than many of the other Clubs in that league i wouldn’t have thought. League One Clubs such as Rochdale would theoretically be able to offer Henderson a higher wage than Bolton or Salford . Clubs found to be breaking the wage structure are to be deducted points as a punishment is the suggestion. Obviously it depends what the maximum wage limit in each league is but it could be the change in wage structures that makes Hendo decide to sign a new contract. I would still be surprised if he did but we live in hope.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 18:34]

It’s more than a rumour, I believe it’s being voted on next week.
Retained list on 22:45 - Jun 13 with 1923 viewsD_Dale

Blackpool's leading scorer in 2019-20, with 18 goals in 36 league and cup appearances, 28 year old, 6ft 4, Armand Gnanduillet released. Might interest a club looking for a target-man.
Retained list on 22:49 - Jun 13 with 1914 viewsnordenblue

Retained list on 22:45 - Jun 13 by D_Dale

Blackpool's leading scorer in 2019-20, with 18 goals in 36 league and cup appearances, 28 year old, 6ft 4, Armand Gnanduillet released. Might interest a club looking for a target-man.

A top player, guessing he may well be championship bound though
Retained list on 23:56 - Jun 13 with 1834 viewsboromat

Retained list on 22:38 - Jun 13 by Shun

It’s more than a rumour, I believe it’s being voted on next week.

Going off the story the other week it's was £2500 a week in LG1 and £1250 a week in LG2. There is also a proposal to have a squad limit of 20 players 8 of which have to be homegrown.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained list on 07:39 - Jun 14 with 1734 viewsisitme

Retained list on 23:56 - Jun 13 by boromat

Going off the story the other week it's was £2500 a week in LG1 and £1250 a week in LG2. There is also a proposal to have a squad limit of 20 players 8 of which have to be homegrown.

It is a set cap, not a set amount per player:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52738597

Theoretically a team could pay a lot more on a few players and others in its squad less, or rely more on'non senior' players/loan signings etc.
Retained list on 08:13 - Jun 14 with 1712 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Retained list on 19:10 - Jun 13 by SaxonDale

Agreed- would be amazed if we we offered Calvin a new deal. I actually think Calvin was an OK player (nothing more) for us when he had a regular run of games under his belt a few years back. However since he's become more and more of a bit-part player for us his performances have absolutely nose-dived- seems to me he's not capable of coming into the team after 8 games out and being 'League 1 ready.'

Our style has also changed a lot since Calvin signed his new deal too- think not predicting that change across the league was one of Hilly's biggest errors. Pitches are generally getting better in the league and teams are playing with more technical front players- it's very rare that we see an attacking player on the pitch mainly for their aerial ability like Vincenti or Andrew were used. In the few games we might need one, I'd trust Wilbraham to step up again.

Over recent times we’ve had Alby who, whilst old, does what Calvin does but with goals and is generally more effective as an attacking player. When Alby isn’t available Calvin comes back in and unfortunately shows what we’re missing.
Calvin was ok when you had someone like Steve Davies to come in and pick up the goal burden alongside Hendo. If Calvin is to be kept, which I unsurprisingly don’t think he should be, then we’d need to sign somebody else to compensate for his lack of goals. Which is a bit daft imho.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 8:21]

Retained list on 09:19 - Jun 14 with 1641 viewstodmordendale

Agree with you Nigeriamark. The players under contract for another year form the basis of a good squad. I think Hendo will stay for another year, his heart seems to be there, and hopefully Camps who impressed earlier in the more advanced role.
Release all the others. Can’t see Bradley and Hopper making it. Tavares is too lightweight.
Dunne looks a good skilful prospect who appears capable of making up for the loss of RND and McGlaughlin
Retained list on 10:25 - Jun 14 with 1552 viewsMass_Debater

Retained list on 21:29 - Jun 13 by rkershaw

Marc Pugh anyone (formerly touted under Hillys' regime)?? ....33 years old.....former Bournemouth midfielder.......recently released by QPR ..........maybe looking for a club closer to 'home'

Funny
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024