Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A nod of appreciation for BBM 14:52 - Jun 10 with 2345 viewsjonahwhereru

Now the season has finished its’s an opportunity to assess how BBM has done.

I was not expecting the cuts to the squad to be so deep and for it to carry so many first year pro’s. BBM recruited well at the back a good keeper, a very solid defensive pairing and a very decent left back. Jimmy Ryan also step up when it mattered. The risk of running a small squad was exposed by the horrendous injury list that BBM had to contend with. To the extent that I didn’t even know some of the names that made the bench. Given the circumstances I think he did well overall and his stock has risen with the club and fans.
Sure there are learning curves. The over reliance on the playing out from the back and the propensity of late goals conceded will need to be addressed. But BBM is a smart man and I am sure he can cope with the continuing learning curve.

With the release list imminent and the new dynamics either in or not in play with recruitment now is going to be another test of his metal. He will be a busy boy if he looks at results of the Altman system, which could run to 300 or more potential names. Let’s hope whatever happens he is comfortable with the new arrangements.

I will be happy for him to continue to be in charge next season.

A nod of appreciation for BBM on 15:33 - Jun 10 with 2256 viewsShun

Speaking of our left, I was looking at some League One stats earlier and we actually made more attacks down the left flank than any other team in the league.
A nod of appreciation for BBM on 15:44 - Jun 10 with 2225 viewsChaffRAFC

Agree with this.

BBM has done a superb job. We were one of the favourites for relegation before a ball was kicked last season and understandably so. We had a severely cut wage budget and although summer signings were good, we were still reliant, too heavily, on YTS players.

He's been brave and tried to implement his own style of play and although it's been frustrating to some, when it works, it looks good and wins us a lot of plaudits and he's also learning to use it as and when it's possible. It's been a big learning curve but I think BBM, overall, has done very well this season.

And we've got the Manchester United and Newcastle games to look upon with great pride and fondness.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

A nod of appreciation for BBM on 16:08 - Jun 10 with 2168 viewsNigeriamark

A nod of appreciation for BBM on 15:44 - Jun 10 by ChaffRAFC

Agree with this.

BBM has done a superb job. We were one of the favourites for relegation before a ball was kicked last season and understandably so. We had a severely cut wage budget and although summer signings were good, we were still reliant, too heavily, on YTS players.

He's been brave and tried to implement his own style of play and although it's been frustrating to some, when it works, it looks good and wins us a lot of plaudits and he's also learning to use it as and when it's possible. It's been a big learning curve but I think BBM, overall, has done very well this season.

And we've got the Manchester United and Newcastle games to look upon with great pride and fondness.

Yes, a good effort from my point of view. The playing out from the back was a weakness against top half teams & we needed to know when to launch it into the stands against those teams. Next year could throw up anything with smaller squads, players good enough for the Championship dropping down but with agents looking for the same money

Definitely the man to start with but the scouts will be important as I can see a massive change to squads next year & lot's of ins & outs
A nod of appreciation for BBM on 16:21 - Jun 10 with 2128 viewsNorthernDale

BBM deserves credit, but also some criticisms, in that he persisted with the negative game plan for far to long, which cost us points, when he changed to a more attacking approach we won games. So hopefully that the learning experience will useful in his development as a manager and lead to success at the Dale.
A nod of appreciation for BBM on 16:30 - Jun 10 with 2086 viewsShun

The most pleasing aspect of his management so far has been his recruitment. O’Connell, McShane, Sanchez, RND and Ryan have all been outstanding signings, and Lund looked to be going that way too before the season was cut short. His only real disappointing signing has been Pyke, but given he was here on loan under Hill that could’ve been out of his hands.

I do agree with NorthernDale though that there are things he needs to improve on. The relentless passing, while beautiful when it works, cannot be our one and only way of playing and for most of the season it seemed that it was. Twitter shows that while we lead the league in passes and passing accuracy, we’re bottom when it comes to shots per game.
A nod of appreciation for BBM on 18:45 - Jun 10 with 1866 viewsisitme

Another thing to consider was the significant amount of injuries. At times it was a case of if you were fit you played and even then I suspect that some played when they were not fit. This really hampered selection for a large part of the season. Some of this comes down to recruitment of players who have a history of injuries, some to bad luck and maybe some down to conditioning?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024