Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lotto update? 10:24 - Jun 11 with 2533 viewsRaymondJohn

[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 19:03]
Lotto update? on 10:52 - Jun 11 with 2462 viewsReedy

I know that not one of my members has signed up and will not be doing so.

Blog: The FA Cup

Lotto update? on 11:04 - Jun 11 with 2429 viewsBobsAdaley

As far as I understand, Most of a ex Milnrow round are not interested and have said so and a round in Smithy bridge seems the same, need the other ex agents in Milnrow and Smithy bridge to try and up date
Lotto update? on 11:13 - Jun 11 with 2392 viewsRaymondJohn

I was more thinking of a update from the club ?
There appears to be people on here who have contact with the relevant people.
Lotto update? on 11:14 - Jun 11 with 2390 viewsRaymondJohn

That's a shame Reedy
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 11:15]
Lotto update? on 11:17 - Jun 11 with 2368 views56years

I have signed up as have two of my family - seems a perfectly sensible move to us and we are keen to support the club. To be honest Direct Debit is much more convenient and in the present situation much safer.
It all depends on how it is ‘sold’ to the potential customer, I suspect most current agents are against the idea and will not have been the best ‘ambassadors’ for the new system. Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas as they say........
Lotto update? on 11:19 - Jun 11 with 2347 viewsRaymondJohn

Have you recieved your welcome pack
Lotto update? on 11:27 - Jun 11 with 2322 viewsjudd

Lotto update? on 11:13 - Jun 11 by RaymondJohn

I was more thinking of a update from the club ?
There appears to be people on here who have contact with the relevant people.

Hi Ray, probably on no help to you but regular contact from the employer to the furloughed employee is recommended good practice by the Government and CIPD:

"...an employer’s duty of care for employees continues during furlough so employers must maintain non work-related contact furloughed staff to discuss any personal matters, including their health and well-being, and to allow employees to ask any questions or raise concerns. Contact also helps maintain furloughed employees’ loyalty and engagement so that they can return to work smoothly after the lockdown. Contact should be arranged ahead of time, so it is expected.

Employers should have established a communication plan for furloughed employees and should outline how often employees can expect to hear from the organisation. Employers can set different means of communication (besides email) including a specific temporary website section for keeping in touch newsletters and well-being communications. Employers should make it clear these communications are not related to the provision of services or generation of revenue. This could include employee assistance programme information to assist employees with health, mental, and emotional well-being. A dedicated furlough support site ensures furloughed staff don't feel forgotten and can access any furlough Q&As, guidelines and updates. Surveys may be another useful tool to deal with any issues and feedback."

The employer needs to use contact methods that do not breach their rights to claim payments through the furlough scheme.

Good luck.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lotto update? on 11:32 - Jun 11 with 2283 viewsJames1980

One of my friends is an IFA and I am sure he earned commission from customers who paid for products, he recommended, by Direct Debit. Why the agents couldn't have continued to earn some form of commission to reflect the business they drummed up seems unfair.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Lotto update? on 11:45 - Jun 11 with 2261 viewsjudd

Lotto update? on 11:17 - Jun 11 by 56years

I have signed up as have two of my family - seems a perfectly sensible move to us and we are keen to support the club. To be honest Direct Debit is much more convenient and in the present situation much safer.
It all depends on how it is ‘sold’ to the potential customer, I suspect most current agents are against the idea and will not have been the best ‘ambassadors’ for the new system. Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas as they say........

As a turkey I can tell you that every one of my customers was approached by me regularly to try and convert them to DD and assure them that I would still be paid.

Only 1 said he would when I stopped collecting.

My customer base was ageing, many lived alone or were an elderly couple and most wanted a chat.

But, direct debit is the way forward. It will help the club, the Barry Kilby Prostate cancer appeal, Total Gaming Solutions (who appear to work for free) and the canvassing company who travel from the Wirral (Place Enterprise) who also work for free on behalf of our club, instead of club employees and fans who probably put a lot of commission back into the club in terms of shop purchases, match and coach tickets etc.

Lotto update on 12:10 - Jun 11 with 2190 viewsFrites

Judd - I remember you expressing your views on the subject many times and I am sure you were not slow to share that with your customer base.
I suspect you will be delighted if the Direct Debit switch doesn’t work.......
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:18]
Lotto update? on 12:32 - Jun 11 with 2140 views56years

Lotto update? on 11:19 - Jun 11 by RaymondJohn

Have you recieved your welcome pack

Not yet - I suspect they are a little busy and more than a little short handed! We are just keen to do our bit to help and whenever it arrives that is fine with us.
We hope others do the same, we have no ‘axes to grind’, just keen to do what we can to help in this very difficult situation for all concerned.
Lotto update on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 2105 viewsjudd

Lotto update on 12:10 - Jun 11 by Frites

Judd - I remember you expressing your views on the subject many times and I am sure you were not slow to share that with your customer base.
I suspect you will be delighted if the Direct Debit switch doesn’t work.......
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:18]

Why would I be delighted for it to fail?

I have always paid by DD.

That I fed back information on negative take up is another matter, but if it fails we lose a significant income stream with potentially more job losses.

My customers asked me would I still collect if they did not sign up. I said yes. That I collected was their preference.

Lotto update? on 17:29 - Jun 11 with 1987 viewsjudd

Lotto update? on 12:32 - Jun 11 by 56years

Not yet - I suspect they are a little busy and more than a little short handed! We are just keen to do our bit to help and whenever it arrives that is fine with us.
We hope others do the same, we have no ‘axes to grind’, just keen to do what we can to help in this very difficult situation for all concerned.

I get it.

In an effort to speed up the collection of money so they can run the lottery and because doorstep collections are dangerous, the club withdraws the doorstep collection service and asks the doorstep collectors who are now sacked to go around the doorsteps to tell the customers to sign up to the new lotto.

Then, in order to speed up collection the club provides insufficient resource to aid the speeding up of the collection and leave those staff who could help in the dark?

In the meantime, Total Gaming Solutions will continue to charge...?

Lotto update? on 20:22 - Jun 11 with 1869 views56years

Lotto update? on 17:29 - Jun 11 by judd

I get it.

In an effort to speed up the collection of money so they can run the lottery and because doorstep collections are dangerous, the club withdraws the doorstep collection service and asks the doorstep collectors who are now sacked to go around the doorsteps to tell the customers to sign up to the new lotto.

Then, in order to speed up collection the club provides insufficient resource to aid the speeding up of the collection and leave those staff who could help in the dark?

In the meantime, Total Gaming Solutions will continue to charge...?

I agree with Frites - you seem totally biased against anybody who actually signs up to support the club.
Why, I have no idea but you really need to get out more as whenever I have the temerity to look at the Forum you are posting - usually criticism!
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 20:46]
Lotto update? on 20:46 - Jun 11 with 1846 viewsjudd

Lotto update? on 20:22 - Jun 11 by 56years

I agree with Frites - you seem totally biased against anybody who actually signs up to support the club.
Why, I have no idea but you really need to get out more as whenever I have the temerity to look at the Forum you are posting - usually criticism!
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 20:46]

Get out more during a lockdown?

I'm not a government advisor you know!!!

Read what I actually wrote.

Nice edit.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 21:29]

Lotto update? on 13:07 - Jun 12 with 1660 viewsmikehunt

Is the minimum stake £2 a week now? I tried to sign up online just now and that appeared to be the only option. Am I missing something?
The form that came allows for £1 per week (all I am prepared to pay) but I don't trust the freepost envelope that came with it. Doesn't appear to have a valid address on it.
Ta

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Lotto update? on 13:38 - Jun 12 with 1607 viewsTVOS1907

Lotto update? on 13:07 - Jun 12 by mikehunt

Is the minimum stake £2 a week now? I tried to sign up online just now and that appeared to be the only option. Am I missing something?
The form that came allows for £1 per week (all I am prepared to pay) but I don't trust the freepost envelope that came with it. Doesn't appear to have a valid address on it.
Ta

I posed the very same questions a couple of weeks ago.

Lotto News by James1980 21 May 2020 11:16
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/may/dale-lotto_important-information/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lotto update? on 19:13 - Jun 12 with 1448 viewsmikehunt

Cheers TVOS. Put me off even further did that. I gather £1 per week subscription is no longer available? Can anyone confirm, please.
Ta

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Lotto update? on 17:00 - Jun 16 with 1153 viewsStatzdale

None are signing up from my two walks in Milnrow and Newhey. I went to say thanks for their continued support. They had received the letters and the feedback I got from my customers they were disgusted by the way I was treated after 16 years and that's the reason they weren't signing up. Some may have changed their minds though
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 17:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024