Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere redundancies 17:45 - Jun 12 with 1553 viewsDalenet

Sorry if it is covered elsewhere but a bit surprised that Tranmere have made 20 people redundant following the EFL decision to end the season that has resulted in relegation

Either they have sacked all non playing staff until they know when the new season will start or they really did have 20 people extra for League One football compared to the cover they need for League two. If we exclude playing and coaching staff, I'd be surprised if we had 20 staff to make redundant

Even more worrying for them, they have already sold next years season tickets so don't have that cash to look forward to. I see that a number of clubs are now offering refunds or donation options for the unspent portion of the 19/20 season ticket. Some are giving you the chance to exchange for merchandise. But nobody appears to be offering a credit towards next seasons ticket value. Maybe there is just too much uncertainty about whether there will be a spectator proposition for start of the next season?
Tranmere redundancies on 17:48 - Jun 12 with 1538 viewsShun

I’m sure I read somewhere we have over 150 staff at the club, including playing staff.
Tranmere redundancies on 18:01 - Jun 12 with 1456 viewsfermin

Looking at the 2019 Annual Report we had 18 Admin and office staff, 42 playing and coaching staff, 20 Bar staff and 53 other. This is the total throughout the year so not necessarily the number in employment as at 31/5/19.
Tranmere redundancies on 06:06 - Jun 13 with 1026 viewsdownunder

Tranmere redundancies on 18:01 - Jun 12 by fermin

Looking at the 2019 Annual Report we had 18 Admin and office staff, 42 playing and coaching staff, 20 Bar staff and 53 other. This is the total throughout the year so not necessarily the number in employment as at 31/5/19.

You could confidently say 73 are probably part time. So if Tranmere are laying off, part timers will be included. Probable that many will be re -employed when the season starts. Not so shocking if looked at that way. Obviously not good if you have been laid off or redundant, something I am experiencing for the first time in many years of my working life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024