Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When fans can go back 07:00 - Jun 16 with 4591 viewsKenBoon

Since people seem to be doing pretty much whatever they like now, I’m going to suggest fans might be allowed back into stadiums for the new season. What do we think will happen? I can see a temp ban on away supporters (or at least an away end). Household members being forced to sit together and obviously seat spacing so nobody has a seat occupied around, in front or behind them. Face masks compulsory and the Happy Mondays. I’m not sure what they’ll do with terraces that are not those fancy new ones. Maybe boxes on the floor and angry stewards enforcing it. Obviously no pies.
When fans can go back on 07:02 - Jun 16 with 4588 viewsKenBoon

That all read like something Tazzy would OF wrote back in the day. I’m not diluted, there’s a topic in there somewhere. 🐀
When fans can go back on 07:57 - Jun 16 with 4509 viewsfrenzied

I know it may sound stupid but..

It amy be worthwhile seating fans according to age group?

IE ..Stick all the over 60s in one stand

the 40 to 60s in another

i realise kids with parents attending poses another issue

Toilets and the logistics of getting in and out of ground is another challenge
When fans can go back on 08:29 - Jun 16 with 4454 viewsisitme

I watched the rugby from New Zealand over the weekend with some envy as they had grounds almost full with supporters as they no longer have social distancing guidelines.

In this country I wonder what will happen ? July down to a metre and then abolished in September to allow kids to return to school? Maybe supporters will be back attending outdoor sporting events at the beginning of October?

September is two and half months off and if you compare the figures from two and half months ago to now, they have dropped significantly, even with more testing. Continued falls could make the time scale above feasible. I think the next two weeks will be interesting. If there is not a significant spike in infections as a result of the protests and loosening of restrictions then it offers hope of a return to 'normality' in the not too distant future. For most other countries that are further on infections and deaths have continued to fall, although there have been localised blips in some areas of China and India, which you will get.

I think a lot of seat spacing would be judged on 'face to face' you could almost see a pattern like this in seats (assuming non family members):

X 0 X 0
0 X 0 X

It reality who knows what it would be like. There has been some talk of trialing spectators at one of the cricket matches later in the summer.
When fans can go back on 09:11 - Jun 16 with 4394 viewsIOMDale

From a purely selfish point of view, the EFL could always stage games on the Isle of Man as they scrapped social distancing here altogether from yesterday. It’d be like the Steam Packet pre-season tournaments of yore...

UTDNFS

When fans can go back on 10:03 - Jun 16 with 4320 viewsncfc_chalky

How about it they initially only let season ticket holders in,this would give the club some much needed cash and then let in pay on the days when it's safe to do so

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

When fans can go back on 11:31 - Jun 16 with 4218 viewsDalenet

When fans can go back on 10:03 - Jun 16 by ncfc_chalky

How about it they initially only let season ticket holders in,this would give the club some much needed cash and then let in pay on the days when it's safe to do so

Fine at a ground like Spotland where we would still have 5 seats per fan assuming we spread out across all 4 stands. But wouldn't work elsewhere

I'm saddened by the prospect of not having games to watch for the rest of this year. Unlike New Zealand who were virus free in no time at all, we are wrestling to keep our infection rates down. A very sizeable proportion of our season ticket holders are over 60 and many won't want to take the risk and sit in a football stadium - even one barely 20% full.

I do fear a second wave, raves or not, and we will be in a state of paralysis for the rest of the year. I am sure that DB is planning for that and hoping for the best
When fans can go back on 12:58 - Jun 16 with 4120 viewsfunkkk

When fans can go back on 10:03 - Jun 16 by ncfc_chalky

But then there's no pay on the day income (aside from food and drink) and all the usual expenditures...

I can't see why Dale couldn't safely house c. 3000 people in 8-9k seats.
When fans can go back on 13:02 - Jun 16 with 4109 viewsEllDale

I agree about people being reluctant to attend even if restrictions were lifted.
I'm feeling that way about larger pubs like the Regal Moon opening.
Play games with relatively small away support eg Wimbledon, Gillingham first?
Login to get fewer ads

When fans can go back on 13:37 - Jun 16 with 4028 viewsTVOS1907

When fans can go back on 13:02 - Jun 16 by EllDale

I agree about people being reluctant to attend even if restrictions were lifted.
I'm feeling that way about larger pubs like the Regal Moon opening.
Play games with relatively small away support eg Wimbledon, Gillingham first?

... which would be a nigh on impossible fixture list to arrange.

Who plays Sunderland, for example?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

When fans can go back on 14:21 - Jun 16 with 3948 viewsD_Alien

When fans can go back on 13:37 - Jun 16 by TVOS1907

... which would be a nigh on impossible fixture list to arrange.

Who plays Sunderland, for example?

And, it may well be that the larger the pub (restaurant, etc.) the safer it is, providing that distancing and hygiene are maintained. A very large indoor space, with good ventiliation, is closer to being 'outdoors' than a much more restricted indoor space

The simplest way of starting the new season would surely also involve no away fans (at least, no 'away end') thus providing more room to accommodate distanced home fans, whilst avoiding further possible transmission issues around travelling across the country. And we know how unwashed away followings are... (including our own???) !!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

When fans can go back on 14:31 - Jun 16 with 3918 viewsNigeriamark

When fans can go back on 12:58 - Jun 16 by funkkk

But then there's no pay on the day income (aside from food and drink) and all the usual expenditures...

Depends if they drop the 2m rule. Huge difference between 1 & 2 m + space for people to go to the toilet, coffee etc. Even at 1m & only home fans spread over 4 stands I think you would be pushing it to house our average home support.
When fans can go back on 15:46 - Jun 16 with 3820 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Get Ian Henderson to write a public letter requiring Boris to allow supporters to return to football matches.
Dominic Cummings (errr sorry Boris) will initially reject letter.
Get public backing for letter.
Hey presto, you’ll get the following response that’s worthy of Churchill himself.
Errr...don’t...erm...go to the...erm...football. Go to the...erm...football!
We’ll be eating shite pies before you know it.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

When fans can go back on 17:46 - Jun 16 with 3710 viewsrochdaleriddler

When fans can go back on 12:58 - Jun 16 by funkkk

I said this on here a couple of months back, all our fans easily fitting in and distanced . Say 1000 in the main and Pearl st, and 500 in the sandy. Let up to 1500 away fans. Safer than going to primark

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

When fans can go back on 18:29 - Jun 16 with 3634 viewsNigeriamark

When fans can go back on 17:46 - Jun 16 by rochdaleriddler

I said this on here a couple of months back, all our fans easily fitting in and distanced . Say 1000 in the main and Pearl st, and 500 in the sandy. Let up to 1500 away fans. Safer than going to primark

Not sure on the dimensions of the ground & pitch but as a rough calculation using 2m social distancing rules

If the main stand & Wilbutts are 150m long & the 2 ends 80m Wide, and if the pitch is 100m long by 50m wide then by my calculation you could get around 500 fans in the ground. However this assumes the fans use up the corners between the stands and can come all the way up to the touchline within the social distancing rules. It would also assume no-one goes to the loo, snack bar, they enter and leave in a first in last out structure & forget owning a particular seat as the order you enter would be as you arrive at the ground.

If social distancing dropped from 2m to 1 then the number would go to approx 2,200

So to be realistic & allow movement, a 2m rule would probably allow about 300 to attend and 1m perhaps 1,000
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 18:33]
When fans can go back on 19:20 - Jun 16 with 3566 viewsDalenet

When fans can go back on 18:29 - Jun 16 by Nigeriamark

Not sure on the dimensions of the ground & pitch but as a rough calculation using 2m social distancing rules

If the main stand & Wilbutts are 150m long & the 2 ends 80m Wide, and if the pitch is 100m long by 50m wide then by my calculation you could get around 500 fans in the ground. However this assumes the fans use up the corners between the stands and can come all the way up to the touchline within the social distancing rules. It would also assume no-one goes to the loo, snack bar, they enter and leave in a first in last out structure & forget owning a particular seat as the order you enter would be as you arrive at the ground.

If social distancing dropped from 2m to 1 then the number would go to approx 2,200

So to be realistic & allow movement, a 2m rule would probably allow about 300 to attend and 1m perhaps 1,000
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 18:33]

I think you are right

Would be interesting for a fans poll on the fear or anxiety around returning before a vaccine is available. We might find it is a real issue
When fans can go back on 20:08 - Jun 16 with 3511 viewsscarrow

1m rule probably gives licence to have a percentage of fans back. How they'd choose them who knows. It's probably more of an issue in the higher leagues where a significant number of supporters are season ticket holders

Poll: Final position

When fans can go back on 21:00 - Jun 16 with 3434 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The two metres is ok for people who are not shouting and singing. The safe distance for people shouting and singing is more likely double that distance. Wearing face coverings wouldn’t be much good either while shouting and singing.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

When fans can go back on 21:04 - Jun 16 with 3419 viewsDaleiLama

When fans can go back on 19:20 - Jun 16 by Dalenet

I think you are right

Would be interesting for a fans poll on the fear or anxiety around returning before a vaccine is available. We might find it is a real issue

It would indeed be interesting now form a testing-the-water point of view, but perhaps a little premature in terms of providing concrete data for the club to use.

Remdesivir, an Ebola vaccine, was shown to improve recover time of hospitalised virus patients, but has only been used in the most severe cases from what I have read.

Today's announcement that dexamethasone, which is virtually an off-the-shelf steroid and HM Gov has bought huge stocks of as insurance against a 2nd wave, has improved survival rates in a huge new clinical trial to give ventilated patients a 35% lower chance of dying and for patients requiring oxygen, a 25% lower chance of dying. A very significant step statistically towards surviving the worst cases of this POS virus. Combination drug trials are also under way looking at other treatment options and > 11k have taken part in these clinical trials, the biggest worldwide trial of its kind. It would be hoped that at least one of these trials improve those numbers above.

Then there is the team in Oxford's drug, which AstraZeneca will mass produce. This will be available from October. Early days yet but it looks promising.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-06-05-oxford-university-s-covid-19-vaccine-next-st

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-oxford-university-vaccine-to-provide-prot

So a snapshot now would no doubt give different results than one taken when (a) the start of a new season date has been established (b) the treatment regimes available are more advanced and better understood than now and (c) the potential availability of a vaccine is known and each individual's willingness to take one has been assessed (which will range from early-adopters through "wait-and-see" to "no thanks" no doubt).

In September/October individuals will probably have a lot more knowledge available to make a more informed choice by then. Indeed they will hopefully have more choices to make too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

When fans can go back on 21:40 - Jun 16 with 3355 viewsblackdogblue

Will social bubbles play a part?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

When fans can go back on 23:28 - Jun 16 with 3240 viewsDaleiLama

When fans can go back on 21:40 - Jun 16 by blackdogblue

Will social bubbles play a part?

Only at West Ham

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

When fans can go back on 15:14 - Jun 17 with 2948 viewsfrenzied

When fans can go back on 21:00 - Jun 16 by foreverhopefulDale

The two metres is ok for people who are not shouting and singing. The safe distance for people shouting and singing is more likely double that distance. Wearing face coverings wouldn’t be much good either while shouting and singing.

we are gonna have to learn our chants using sign language..
When fans can go back on 15:33 - Jun 17 with 2918 viewsD_Alien

Dave Sweetmore will need at least 20 metres clear around him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024