Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa 08:43 - Jun 18 with 2547 viewsoff2div1

Do you remember the carry on at Leeds last season when Leeds allowed Villa to walk in a goal. Due to a controversial goal Villa could have allowed Sheffield United to walk in the goal But Villa no class.
Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 09:12 - Jun 18 with 2485 viewsmikehunt

Aye, Sheff Utd could have gone above Manure had they won last night. Will be a sickner if those two points cost them a place in Europe.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 09:19 - Jun 18 with 2475 viewsoff2div1

What about Villa staying up by 1 point.
Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 09:34 - Jun 18 with 2450 viewsmidlandsdale

Whilst the sentiment is clearly justified, its not up to Villa to referee the game. Too much at stake. However it is staggering that VAR didnt intervene. Easy to say after the event, but Oliver could have asked VAR to look at it and then checked the monitor himself. He is the referee right!
Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 10:48 - Jun 18 with 2333 viewsSuddenLad

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 09:34 - Jun 18 by midlandsdale

Whilst the sentiment is clearly justified, its not up to Villa to referee the game. Too much at stake. However it is staggering that VAR didnt intervene. Easy to say after the event, but Oliver could have asked VAR to look at it and then checked the monitor himself. He is the referee right!

It was so bloody obvious, the officials between them, have no excuse for not seeing it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 11:28 - Jun 18 with 2267 viewselectricblue

Seen that this morning.
Shocking not to allow the goal.
All officials need to serve a ban and attend a referee course.
The make an appointment go to specsavers..

Shocking to say the least.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 12:16 - Jun 18 with 2194 viewsChaffRAFC

Presumably the officials are told to go off the technology, the technology didn't say it was a goal, why would the officials then go against the technology, which, up until this point, hasn't been wrong?

VAR should have intervened but it didn't so the officials played on as they would do. They only saw it once, in real time, not having seen 10 replays from different angles like we do.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 12:40 - Jun 18 with 2165 viewsD_Alien

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 12:16 - Jun 18 by ChaffRAFC

Presumably the officials are told to go off the technology, the technology didn't say it was a goal, why would the officials then go against the technology, which, up until this point, hasn't been wrong?

VAR should have intervened but it didn't so the officials played on as they would do. They only saw it once, in real time, not having seen 10 replays from different angles like we do.

And apparently, the reason the goal-line tech didn't work on this one occasion was due to the ball being almost fully obscured by the keeper, defender and goalpost, so how on earth officials were meant to see through that lot i don't know either

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 12:49 - Jun 18 with 2152 viewsjudd

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 12:40 - Jun 18 by D_Alien

And apparently, the reason the goal-line tech didn't work on this one occasion was due to the ball being almost fully obscured by the keeper, defender and goalpost, so how on earth officials were meant to see through that lot i don't know either

Well I saw it and I wasn't even watching!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 13:10 - Jun 18 with 2123 viewsTVOS1907

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 12:16 - Jun 18 by ChaffRAFC

Stop talking sense.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Great sportsmanship from John Terry and Villa on 13:40 - Jun 18 with 2051 viewsdavidab2202

Oliver had no reason to believe that the technology was on the blink so as far as he was concerned the ball did not cross the line which he made plain at the time by indicating that his watch did not react.
Whilst yes it was certainly over the line and a goal should have been given , lets turn it on it's head had he given a goal on the strength of the naked eye and it turned out he was wrong then there would have been an uproar in the media. If we look back some 12 monthsto the City v Liverpool when John Stones cleared a ball which was 11mm from being over the line .Reckon most people left to the naked eye would have given a goal and the outcome of the season would have had different Champions.
We can't have it both ways ,got to go with the technology
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024