Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swing Low 08:47 - Jun 19 with 1456 viewsChesham_Saint

Given the supposed outrage about England rugby fans singing this, should we be bracing ourselves for a similar brouhaha about us singing OWTS as it’s also a song that originates from black culture and the Saints crowd is predominantly white?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Swing Low on 09:24 - Jun 19 with 1407 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's now gone beyond ridiculous so it wouldn't surprise me!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 9:24]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Swing Low on 09:35 - Jun 19 with 1385 viewsBuggalugs

Privileged wh*te people once again not getting it.

Thankfully Ian will be along in a bit to re-educate everyone.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Swing Low on 09:49 - Jun 19 with 1356 viewsHeisenberg

Oh when the Saints is an older hymn adapted by gospel singers. The link to Saints is through St Mary's. There is no identified link to the slave trade. Swing Low is a much older song and has identified links with the slave trade. The RFU has started a debate on whether they want this sang as the RFUs adopted song.

And ever wondered why not only the Saints crowd but football fans generally are predominantly white ? After reading some of the shite that is posted on here I can certainly see why.

After Saints players join in the global campaign against racism in all its forms tonight I am hopeful we can march on to a comfortable victory.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Swing Low on 09:55 - Jun 19 with 1345 viewsChesham_Saint

Swing Low on 09:49 - Jun 19 by Heisenberg

Oh when the Saints is an older hymn adapted by gospel singers. The link to Saints is through St Mary's. There is no identified link to the slave trade. Swing Low is a much older song and has identified links with the slave trade. The RFU has started a debate on whether they want this sang as the RFUs adopted song.

And ever wondered why not only the Saints crowd but football fans generally are predominantly white ? After reading some of the shite that is posted on here I can certainly see why.

After Saints players join in the global campaign against racism in all its forms tonight I am hopeful we can march on to a comfortable victory.

I’d assumed crowds were predominantly white as it reflected the ethnic mix of the local community. Ours has evolved a lot over the last 30 years and is now far more diverse and the proportion of females has also increased (in our case, massively).

If you go to say, Spurs, Villa or Arsenal they have a lot of black fans which I think reflects their local population - although for some reason Chelsea and West Ham maybe not so much..Hmmm.

Swing Low on 11:39 - Jun 19 with 1276 viewskingslandstand1

Swing Low on 09:55 - Jun 19 by Chesham_Saint

I’d assumed crowds were predominantly white as it reflected the ethnic mix of the local community. Ours has evolved a lot over the last 30 years and is now far more diverse and the proportion of females has also increased (in our case, massively).

If you go to say, Spurs, Villa or Arsenal they have a lot of black fans which I think reflects their local population - although for some reason Chelsea and West Ham maybe not so much..Hmmm.

We get a lot more Asians when Yosh is playing for us
Swing Low on 11:57 - Jun 19 with 1252 viewssaint22

Swing Low on 09:49 - Jun 19 by Heisenberg

its quite astonishing the amount of vitriol towards the BLM and anti racism campaign both on this site and from other sites
It clearly indicates there is a massive problem of intolerance that needs abolishing hence the validity of said campaigns
Swing Low on 12:04 - Jun 19 with 1244 viewsChesham_Saint

Swing Low on 11:57 - Jun 19 by saint22

its quite astonishing the amount of vitriol towards the BLM and anti racism campaign both on this site and from other sites
It clearly indicates there is a massive problem of intolerance that needs abolishing hence the validity of said campaigns

Swing Low on 13:13 - Jun 19 with 1196 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Give it a rest.

Login to get fewer ads

Swing Low on 15:54 - Jun 19 with 1133 viewskingslandstand1

Swing Low on 13:13 - Jun 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Give it a rest.

There is def a hidden agenda in these posts
Swing Low on 16:34 - Jun 19 with 1106 viewsBuggalugs

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Swing Low on 17:04 - Jun 19 with 1095 viewsBicester_North

Swing Low on 16:34 - Jun 19 by Buggalugs

Rupert emerged unscathed from the cauldron of hate

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Swing Low on 18:08 - Jun 19 with 1069 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Swing Low on 17:04 - Jun 19 by Bicester_North

Rupert emerged unscathed from the cauldron of hate

Chapel massive! He's a lucky man!

Swing Low on 21:02 - Jun 19 with 1014 viewsChesham_Saint

Swing Low on 18:08 - Jun 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Chapel massive! He's a lucky man!

Do you remember Lowe actually coming on in full Saints strip in a friendly (I forget which) and taking a penalty at the Milton End? What a plonker.

Swing Low on 21:14 - Jun 19 with 1000 viewsGasGiant

I find your theory that the amount of vitriol somehow validates or vindicates the thing it is directed against quite ludicrous. I guess you would therefore argue that Donald Trump is also entirely vindicated purely by the amount of vitriol directed against him? As you say, "It clearly indicates that there's a massive problem of intolerance towards him that needs abolishing". That is your theory, right?
Swing Low on 11:02 - Jun 20 with 887 viewsRednWight

Perhaps they should ban Amazing Grace too
Sung at a certain mans funeral but apparently written by a slave owner

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024