Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin 12:59 - Jun 19 with 4020 viewsEllDale

I know that this lad polarises opinion on here but I would like to say thank you to him for being a consummate ambassador for the club over the years.
And there have been goals as well...remember those late winners at Bradford City and at home to Port Vale?
One incident sticks in my mind though. I seem to remember that it was Calvin who forced his way into the area from wide out against Millwall in the cup replay to set up a simple finish for Hendo.
That one moment set up a cuptie against Tottneham that we won't forget.
Good luck wherever life takes you.
Calvin on 13:00 - Jun 19 with 4008 viewsfunkkk

Good pro and he fires flying elbows at racists, what's not to like?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 13:01]
Calvin on 13:00 - Jun 19 with 4001 viewsisitme

I agree that he has been a good servant for the club and he is good in the community and with the younger players. Playing wise he has had minimal effect for the past two seasons.
Calvin on 13:17 - Jun 19 with 3898 viewsfermin

Calvin on 13:00 - Jun 19 by funkkk

Good pro and he fires flying elbows at racists, what's not to like?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 13:01]

Has that been established as the reason now? I must have missed that. It was the only explanation I could think of at the time but I don't remember it being mentioned in the appeal.
Calvin on 13:28 - Jun 19 with 3849 viewsDaleyBrent

I think I soeak for all Dale fans in wishing Calvin the absolute best in whatever he does next. He had a superb couple of years but has really tailed off these last two.

That goal was at Bradford is still one of my favourite Dale memories!

All the best Calv 👊🏻
Calvin on 14:03 - Jun 19 with 3735 viewsaleanddale

All the best Calvin and thank you for all the time you spent at Dale.

Always gave his all and was a top fella!!
Calvin on 14:05 - Jun 19 with 3713 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 13:28 - Jun 19 by DaleyBrent

I think I soeak for all Dale fans in wishing Calvin the absolute best in whatever he does next. He had a superb couple of years but has really tailed off these last two.

That goal was at Bradford is still one of my favourite Dale memories!

All the best Calv 👊🏻

Last ditch winner against Port Vale on a sunny Easter Monday. Boring match, went home very happy

All the best Calvin

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin on 17:38 - Jun 19 with 3459 viewsfrenzied

Calvin on 14:03 - Jun 19 by aleanddale

All the best Calvin and thank you for all the time you spent at Dale.

Always gave his all and was a top fella!!

Gave his very best every game..much appreciated.

Could be a great mentor for younger players coming through
Calvin on 18:43 - Jun 19 with 3323 viewsjonahwhereru

When he was on one he was quality. Smashing bloke, which probably comes from his dad who was also very personable and loved watching his boy.

Hope you get fixed up big fella.
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin on 18:47 - Jun 19 with 3300 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I always thought he was destined to score a big big goal for us and I’d have to show my cock to B&Ms window. B&M not BBM, the injunction expressly states I can’t do that again. The winner at Oldham in the nearly play-off game, or the Charlton game or at Old Trafford. Alas it was never to be.
Never questioned his commitment or effort and wish him all the best in whatever he does next - I hope it’s not being an assassin.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Calvin on 18:51 - Jun 19 with 3282 viewsjonahwhereru

Calvin on 18:47 - Jun 19 by BigDaveMyCock

I always thought he was destined to score a big big goal for us and I’d have to show my cock to B&Ms window. B&M not BBM, the injunction expressly states I can’t do that again. The winner at Oldham in the nearly play-off game, or the Charlton game or at Old Trafford. Alas it was never to be.
Never questioned his commitment or effort and wish him all the best in whatever he does next - I hope it’s not being an assassin.

🤭
Calvin on 18:52 - Jun 19 with 3264 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 18:47 - Jun 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Wouldn't you wish he was, if he was coming for you?

Calvin on 18:52 - Jun 19 with 3273 viewsBartRowou

I'll miss Calvin a lot and it was always nice seeing his loyal dad making the away trips even when he wasn't featuring regularly. His form faded, especially this last season, but I'll remember him for the aforementioned highlights.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Calvin on 18:55 - Jun 19 with 3254 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Calvin on 18:52 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

Wouldn't you wish he was, if he was coming for you?

Actually yes, I’ve changed my mind. I just hope for his sake he’s not on commission only.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 18:57]

Calvin on 19:01 - Jun 19 with 3215 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 18:55 - Jun 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Actually yes, I’ve changed my mind. I just hope for his sake he’s not on commission only.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 18:57]

You'll be fine, even if you look like a cow's arse

Calvin on 19:03 - Jun 19 with 3209 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Calvin on 19:01 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

You'll be fine, even if you look like a cow's arse

Thankfully I won’t be tvvated with a banjo n’all.

Calvin on 19:06 - Jun 19 with 3185 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 19:03 - Jun 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Thankfully I won’t be tvvated with a banjo n’all.

I was thinking he might stalk you whilst playing a George Formby ditty

Calvin on 20:23 - Jun 19 with 3050 viewsrochdaleriddler

Calvin on 18:52 - Jun 19 by BartRowou

I'll miss Calvin a lot and it was always nice seeing his loyal dad making the away trips even when he wasn't featuring regularly. His form faded, especially this last season, but I'll remember him for the aforementioned highlights.

Yep had a chat with his dad many times at away games

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Calvin on 20:27 - Jun 19 with 3030 viewsnordenblue

A top top pro, and never gave up when on the pitch,added us some much needed steel at the back to close games out many times, good luck big Calv a true gentleman.
Calvin on 12:35 - Jun 22 with 2527 viewsBigDaveMyCock

One of the most baffling things to go on at the club over recent times was the decision to extend Calvin’s contract (effectively giving him a two year deal) and then almost immediately thereafter making him available for transfer. I don’t think there was any automatic trigger but I could be wrong.
It was obviously a point of disagreement between between Hill/old board and the new board. If it’s true that he was on £2k a week then the decision to extend wasn’t a wise one and the new board may have called this one right.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 12:36]

Calvin on 12:53 - Jun 22 with 2478 viewsisitme

Calvin on 12:35 - Jun 22 by BigDaveMyCock

One of the most baffling things to go on at the club over recent times was the decision to extend Calvin’s contract (effectively giving him a two year deal) and then almost immediately thereafter making him available for transfer. I don’t think there was any automatic trigger but I could be wrong.
It was obviously a point of disagreement between between Hill/old board and the new board. If it’s true that he was on £2k a week then the decision to extend wasn’t a wise one and the new board may have called this one right.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 12:36]

I agree with this entirely. It was as if it was a sentimental decision as he is a great guy, did a lot in the community and was good for the younger players. Unfortunately with our wage budget we cannot afford sentiment.
Calvin on 13:22 - Jun 22 with 2395 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Calvin on 12:53 - Jun 22 by isitme

I agree with this entirely. It was as if it was a sentimental decision as he is a great guy, did a lot in the community and was good for the younger players. Unfortunately with our wage budget we cannot afford sentiment.

There was definitely a change in Hill. The emphasis shifted too far away from footballing merit and far too close to having his blessing.

Calvin on 22:08 - Jun 23 with 1906 viewsboromat

Every now again this would happen and you'd think you made that look so simple why don't you do that all the time!!!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Calvin on 14:44 - Jun 24 with 1610 viewsmodelboydave

I think i will miss his Dad Hyden as much as Calvin. We both commuted from Luton to watch the Dale so i would often bump into him at far flung railway stations up north. Always had a smile on his face.

His dad also continues to play local league cricket, in fact i probably played against him back in the day as he plays in the same league i used to play in.

Hopefully Hyden and Calvin might come and watch the dale when they play Luton next season (If Luton are relegated and the season starts!)

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Calvin on 22:22 - Jun 25 with 1436 viewsHealeyDale

Thank you Calvin, an absolute gent and headed the ball back for THAT Joe Thompson goal.
Wish him the best for the future
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024