Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad - Who's left? 13:45 - Jun 19 with 7438 viewsboromat

So this is what I get I think;

McNulty
O'Connell
Dooley
Lynch
Keohane
Rathbone
McShane
Done
Ryan
Lund
Baah
Morley
Wade
Bradley
Tavares
Hopper
Dunne
Mulvey
New Signings as they sign
Alex Newby

And from that we're really weak at full backs and up top. I've scraped an 11 together but sees Done at left back as its probably too soon for Dunne and it has Tavares or Baah up top in the middle.

(433 or 451)
Lynch

Keohane
O'Connell
McShane
Done

Lund
Ryan
Morley

Dooley
Tavares/Baah
Rathbone
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 11:32]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Squad - Who's left? on 13:56 - Jun 19 with 5016 viewsseasidedale

Don’t forget Keaton Mulvey who is on contract for next season
Squad - Who's left? on 14:01 - Jun 19 with 4981 viewsaleanddale

Plenty of time we need to see who BBM can bring to Spotland.

His chance to create his team. There can be no excuses.
Squad - Who's left? on 14:08 - Jun 19 with 4935 viewsupthedale

Glad you put this up boromat - I'd literally just asked the exact same question, so thanks!

Actually looks better than I'd expected.
Squad - Who's left? on 14:10 - Jun 19 with 4917 viewsDaleiLama

Squad - Who's left? on 14:01 - Jun 19 by aleanddale

Plenty of time we need to see who BBM can bring to Spotland.

His chance to create his team. There can be no excuses.

He had plenty of time watching Hilly. From this he seems to have learned that tinkering (unless enforced by injuries) isn't a great blueprint. He's seen who can play the kind of football he wants to play and who can't. He's seen how effective that can be and equally, against different opposition, how ineffective it can be. He's probably not going to have a ton of cash to splash even if there is no cap.

It promises to be an interesting summer of recruitment, followed by a re-evaluation in the mid-season window. His recruitment to date speaks for itself (perhaps with a spot of luck being in the right place at the right time and picking up EOC). If he continues in the same vein, we hopefully have something more than just a new season to look forward to. Though that in itself seems a long way off right now.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Squad - Who's left? on 14:17 - Jun 19 with 4851 viewsShun

Midfield and centre-back we actually look quite good. Other than that though there’s nothing.
Squad - Who's left? on 14:45 - Jun 19 with 4729 viewsboromat

Squad - Who's left? on 13:56 - Jun 19 by seasidedale

Don’t forget Keaton Mulvey who is on contract for next season

I wasn't sure if Mulvey was a full time pro contract or not?

Squad - Who's left? on 14:51 - Jun 19 with 4693 viewsShun

Ryan Bennett would fit in nicely with that squad.
Squad - Who's left? on 15:35 - Jun 19 with 4577 viewsrichfoad32

Squad - Who's left? on 14:51 - Jun 19 by Shun

Rhys? I think Ryan Bennett might be a bit out of our league.

Rhys Bennett seemed to suffer from being labelled as a utility player under Hill and had the best period of his career at centre half after first moving to Mansfield. I think he won their player of the year in his first season there. I always liked him and could definitely see him as a partner for O'Connell as I have no faith in McShane's ability to stay healthy.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad - Who's left? on 15:46 - Jun 19 with 4525 viewsShun

Squad - Who's left? on 15:35 - Jun 19 by richfoad32

Rhys? I think Ryan Bennett might be a bit out of our league.

Rhys Bennett seemed to suffer from being labelled as a utility player under Hill and had the best period of his career at centre half after first moving to Mansfield. I think he won their player of the year in his first season there. I always liked him and could definitely see him as a partner for O'Connell as I have no faith in McShane's ability to stay healthy.

Ha, yes, Rhys!

I think he could definitely do a job at CB or RB, and fill in at midfield if needed.
Squad - Who's left? on 15:54 - Jun 19 with 4480 viewsNorthernDale

I would have Bennett back as well, it will be interesting to see if we sign any CD, because I believe that Dunne is a CD and from all accounts played well away at Bradford in the cup.
Squad - Who's left? on 16:03 - Jun 19 with 4448 viewsFrog

Has Bennett been released? Always thought he was OK at his time at Dale and he was just a kid. 28 now, so I think he'd he'd be a good addition.
Squad - Who's left? on 16:04 - Jun 19 with 4443 viewsrichfoad32

Squad - Who's left? on 15:54 - Jun 19 by NorthernDale

I would have Bennett back as well, it will be interesting to see if we sign any CD, because I believe that Dunne is a CD and from all accounts played well away at Bradford in the cup.

He played at left back against Bradford and did have a really good game. I'm not familiar enough with the younger players to know what his best position his or whether he's seen as a future centre half.
Squad - Who's left? on 17:18 - Jun 19 with 4275 viewsseasidedale

Squad - Who's left? on 14:45 - Jun 19 by boromat

I wasn't sure if Mulvey was a full time pro contract or not?

Yes he signed full time after a trial
Squad - Who's left? on 18:00 - Jun 19 with 4152 viewsboromat

Squad - Who's left? on 16:04 - Jun 19 by richfoad32

He played at left back against Bradford and did have a really good game. I'm not familiar enough with the younger players to know what his best position his or whether he's seen as a future centre half.

Think he's played both left back and centre back in the games I've seen him. Mixture of friendlies and the few first team appearances. It'll probably depend on how he develops physically where he ends up but could see him starting out at left back and then moving into the centre later.

Squad - Who's left? on 18:38 - Jun 19 with 4051 viewsjonahwhereru

Dan the man should be well pleased that so many have been released and the squad needs numbers. I can hear the conversation now “Brian have a look at this piece of kit I have. It has filtered it down to just 283 players you should look at for singing in this window”. Brian responds “ Feck off, and instead tell me want the magic machine makes of these 15 players”

Interesting times ahead. I wonder how many of the Columbus crew team can cope with living in Lancashire.
Squad - Who's left? on 18:45 - Jun 19 with 4024 viewsdalefan

Squad - Who's left? on 18:38 - Jun 19 by jonahwhereru

Dan the man should be well pleased that so many have been released and the squad needs numbers. I can hear the conversation now “Brian have a look at this piece of kit I have. It has filtered it down to just 283 players you should look at for singing in this window”. Brian responds “ Feck off, and instead tell me want the magic machine makes of these 15 players”

Interesting times ahead. I wonder how many of the Columbus crew team can cope with living in Lancashire.

As the Altman consortium own a substantial amount of the club, should they now be involved in identifying players for recruitment. We need to recruit a large number of players and have limited funds so if they could help in identifying potential lower league players that wouldn't command large salaries should we ask them to help. As they are now major shareholders they would benefit too.
Or will they only help when they have control.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 18:47]
Squad - Who's left? on 18:50 - Jun 19 with 3988 viewsD_Alien

Squad - Who's left? on 18:45 - Jun 19 by dalefan

As the Altman consortium own a substantial amount of the club, should they now be involved in identifying players for recruitment. We need to recruit a large number of players and have limited funds so if they could help in identifying potential lower league players that wouldn't command large salaries should we ask them to help. As they are now major shareholders they would benefit too.

Don't forget, Dan Altman is a supporter now, he's said so. Should be happy to help...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Squad - Who's left? on 20:00 - Jun 19 with 3846 viewsrhf

Not really concerned about the defensive options or midfield but the real focus on signings has got to be up front, Henderson has masked those problems for a while now, we had only scored 39 goals at the enforced break, Hendo and Camps got 21 of those, so we have that to make up just to break even, we have got to focus on forwards with what ever money is available, the players who are left are not going to solve that.
Squad - Who's left? on 01:38 - Jun 20 with 3592 viewsDiddyDave

Squad - Who's left? on 18:45 - Jun 19 by dalefan

Be careful what you wish for,Altman and the other bloke have stated openly that they represent "investors",people who want a return for their money,obviously meaning that money will be going out of the already sparse Dale coffers to America. I can`t think of anything worse than Yanks eventually gaining control at Spotland because that is what they`re clearly aiming for. As for them "identifying potential lower league players that wouldn`t command large salaries",there`s a conflict straight away. BBM,or any other first team coach,should be in control of that and nobody else,providing the club can afford them. Somehow I can`t see those Yanks coming to live in Rochdale anyway,unless of course it`s for a limited time;that is,take control,asset strip the club,sell the ground off to developers and piss off back Stateside with a packet of Rochdale people`s money and their history. Beware Yanks bearing gifts.
Squad - Who's left? on 11:57 - Jun 20 with 3354 views49thseason

Not sure you have got the right end of the stick there , my take is that by investors they mean the people who are investing in their software through their investment vehicle based in the US. Altman is putting his money into Rochdale is a means to an end , to prove the software works, its a marketing ploy, The only way Altman will get a return from Rochdale coffers is by paying a dividend which would be unprecedented.
There are 3 levels to this deal, 1)RAFC, 2) Altman's company that owns the software, 3) the NY investment company that is investing in Altmans company and indirectly through Altman into RAFC. The investors in the NY vehicle will get their return when the software gets sold to clubs around the world on the basis that it turned little Rochdale into a Championship club with saleable 1st team squad players and a big funnel of young players coming through the club to replace those sold. Its what we do now on speed!
Squad - Who's left? on 12:18 - Jun 20 with 3335 viewsisitme

Squad - Who's left? on 11:57 - Jun 20 by 49thseason

Not sure you have got the right end of the stick there , my take is that by investors they mean the people who are investing in their software through their investment vehicle based in the US. Altman is putting his money into Rochdale is a means to an end , to prove the software works, its a marketing ploy, The only way Altman will get a return from Rochdale coffers is by paying a dividend which would be unprecedented.
There are 3 levels to this deal, 1)RAFC, 2) Altman's company that owns the software, 3) the NY investment company that is investing in Altmans company and indirectly through Altman into RAFC. The investors in the NY vehicle will get their return when the software gets sold to clubs around the world on the basis that it turned little Rochdale into a Championship club with saleable 1st team squad players and a big funnel of young players coming through the club to replace those sold. Its what we do now on speed!

And potentially a sell on fee from every transfer if they were to ever takeover? The problem is that we don't know what they want as a 'return on investment' and how they plan on generating this.
Squad - Who's left? on 15:35 - Jun 20 with 3230 viewsoff2div1

Squad - Who's left? on 14:51 - Jun 19 by Shun

Gordon Bennett
Squad - Who's left? on 20:09 - Jun 20 with 3043 viewslove_the_dale

I have it that Bradley, Tavares and Hopper have already signed contracts up to 2022. Yet, the OS article says, "Options have been taken up on the contracts of Lewis Bradley, Fabio Tavares and Harrison Hopper, which will extend their stay until the summer of 2021."

Am I wrong or has anyone else noticed this?
Squad - Who's left? on 21:44 - Jun 20 with 2987 viewsYadHoDale

Squad - Who's left? on 20:09 - Jun 20 by love_the_dale

I have it that Bradley, Tavares and Hopper have already signed contracts up to 2022. Yet, the OS article says, "Options have been taken up on the contracts of Lewis Bradley, Fabio Tavares and Harrison Hopper, which will extend their stay until the summer of 2021."

Just guessing here, but maybe the three lads have been given a contract with an option again, contract to 06/21 with an option for the club to extend to 06/22?
Squad - Who's left? on 09:29 - Jun 21 with 2856 viewsboromat

Squad - Who's left? on 20:09 - Jun 20 by love_the_dale

Maybe the contracts from the start were one year pro deals with two following optional years in the clubs favour?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024