Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(Former) Dog & Partridge 10:48 - Jun 24 with 2332 viewsD_Alien

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/135127/bamford-p

This place used to be one of the most popular pubs in the borough, packed to the rafters at weekends during the 80s, 90s, 00s, rammed during international football tournaments and often after Dale games

Come to think of it, along with the (former) Churchill and Elephant & Castle, that stretch of Bury Road was the go-to place for a few pints - often taking in all three. On a gorgeous summer's day like today, the outside spaces were a premium spot

No problem with it becoming a nursery, a much needed community facility, but it begs the question - what went wrong? Why did everyone stop frequenting that part of town? Did the focus just shift to the town centre, with easier transport links for those not driving?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:22 - Jun 24 with 2285 viewskel

My abiding memory of the dog was when a number of us were booted out for singing Dale songs after the Northampton promotion game. Always found it to have regulars who thought they were a bit superior to others around that time.

My cousin ran it for a while a few years back but it was always dead and it needs a change as I don’t think it will ever be viable as a boozer these days.

Zero contribution finished.

Edit - I’ve since been informed it was the Darlo game. What a poor contribution.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 12:06]
(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:25 - Jun 24 with 2273 viewsR17ALE

Used to be my local for years but it fell into the wrong hands and became associated with drugs and the local mafia. Plus, it started charging Manchester prices.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:31 - Jun 24 with 2252 viewsfitzochris

The Bury Road run D_Alien refers to was a great alternative to the Edenfield Road pub crawl after a game, ending at the Hare and Hounds. Like R17 says, though, the Dog didn't get its moniker of the Drug and Partridge for nowt.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 11:35]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:52 - Jun 24 with 2190 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Simple.
1 pint lager £4.50 plus
4 cans lager £4.50.
Add to that the greed of breweries/landlords & idiots like Sam Smiths who think pubs should somehow revert to c1930’s.
(Former) Dog & Partridge on 12:46 - Jun 24 with 2071 viewsblackdogblue

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:52 - Jun 24 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Simple.
1 pint lager £4.50 plus
4 cans lager £4.50.
Add to that the greed of breweries/landlords & idiots like Sam Smiths who think pubs should somehow revert to c1930’s.

Oy... leave my Black Dog out of it 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 13:45 - Jun 24 with 1959 viewsShun

It was good in its day, but as already alluded to it fell into some murky depths, culminating in the petrol bomb it suffered.

It’s never been anything like successful since, despite numerous attempts in various guises.
(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:08 - Jun 24 with 1916 viewsjudd

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 13:45 - Jun 24 by Shun

It was good in its day, but as already alluded to it fell into some murky depths, culminating in the petrol bomb it suffered.

It’s never been anything like successful since, despite numerous attempts in various guises.

I know some on here who'd have drunk that as well.

Poll: What is it to be then?

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:16 - Jun 24 with 1900 viewsDaleiLama

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:08 - Jun 24 by judd

I know some on here who'd have drunk that as well.

I last went it when I was in the 6th form around 77/78. At the time, after progressing from bitter, to mixed I was drinking blended whisky and Canada dry. I have no idea why. I would dream of adding anything but water to a cask strength whisky these days but ……..
Shun's petrol bomb post and your reply resurrected memories of a mis-spent youth.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:17 - Jun 24 with 1897 viewsjudd

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:16 - Jun 24 by DaleiLama

I last went it when I was in the 6th form around 77/78. At the time, after progressing from bitter, to mixed I was drinking blended whisky and Canada dry. I have no idea why. I would dream of adding anything but water to a cask strength whisky these days but ……..
Shun's petrol bomb post and your reply resurrected memories of a mis-spent youth.

To be honest it was you I was alluding to...

Poll: What is it to be then?

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:22 - Jun 24 with 1891 viewsDaleiLama

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:17 - Jun 24 by judd

To be honest it was you I was alluding to...

Arf

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:49 - Jun 24 with 1859 viewsdiver

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 12:46 - Jun 24 by blackdogblue

Oy... leave my Black Dog out of it 😀

How’s your mate Humphrey Smith going to deal with new Covid rules for reopening?will he allow mobiles and card machines? How’s is Stars beer garden coming on?
(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:07 - Jun 26 with 1483 viewsdownunder

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:16 - Jun 24 by DaleiLama

They did add water to the whisky. Before they sold it to you. Someone left a door open, I watched them do it to several bottles before we confronted them. Glad it was not my local.
(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:45 - Jun 26 with 1442 viewsblackdogblue

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 14:49 - Jun 24 by diver

How’s your mate Humphrey Smith going to deal with new Covid rules for reopening?will he allow mobiles and card machines? How’s is Stars beer garden coming on?

No idea but the old goat will have 2 choices. Drove past the Star yesterday & looks like some work is going on in the back car park?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:53 - Jun 26 with 1427 viewsSandyman

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:45 - Jun 26 by blackdogblue

No idea but the old goat will have 2 choices. Drove past the Star yesterday & looks like some work is going on in the back car park?

Rumours (that's all they are for now) going round that Sam Smiths will be hiking their prices once the pubs reopen.
(Former) Dog & Partridge on 12:19 - Jun 26 with 1387 viewsSuddenLad

(Former) Dog & Partridge on 11:53 - Jun 26 by Sandyman

Rumours (that's all they are for now) going round that Sam Smiths will be hiking their prices once the pubs reopen.

Along with everyone else, no doubt. Chasing money they missed in the 14 weeks they were closed. It won't end well if they get greedy.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024