Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan Athletic 12:41 - Jul 1 with 11001 viewsChaffRAFC

Enter administration with a 12 point deduction looming which would see them back bottom of the Championship.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Wigan Athletic on 13:08 - Jul 1 with 5492 viewsKingstdale

I'm wondering if there would be scope for points deductions to be waived in the light of the Covid effect on clubs?
Bury would probably have a whinge again though.
Wigan Athletic on 13:24 - Jul 1 with 5420 viewsNorthernDale

Is that there not a cut off point, which means that the points deduction is applied to the following season and not this season.
Wigan Athletic on 13:42 - Jul 1 with 5350 viewsNigeriamark

Wigan Athletic on 13:24 - Jul 1 by NorthernDale

Is that there not a cut off point, which means that the points deduction is applied to the following season and not this season.

I think it is end of Feb or March, but that was for a season ending at the normal time. I assume it will still be applied last year with the number of games left
Wigan Athletic on 13:43 - Jul 1 with 5352 viewswavy

Wigan Athletic on 13:08 - Jul 1 by Kingstdale

I'm wondering if there would be scope for points deductions to be waived in the light of the Covid effect on clubs?

The EFL are a law unto themselves about changing and breaking their own rules.The rules they changed on June 9th should have been implemented next season but were made retrospective with the resultant debacle.
Wigan Athletic on 13:52 - Jul 1 with 5312 viewsncfc_chalky

Who was the club that went into administration on the last game of the season after it was certain that they was going to be relegated anyway and so getting the points deduction that season and not the following one?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Wigan Athletic on 13:56 - Jul 1 with 5288 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Wigan Athletic on 13:42 - Jul 1 by Nigeriamark

I think it is end of Feb or March, but that was for a season ending at the normal time. I assume it will still be applied last year with the number of games left

Sanctions to be applied this season if Wigan finish outside the relegation spots. Applied next season if they go down.
Wigan Athletic on 13:57 - Jul 1 with 5277 viewsShun

They’re in good form and will still only be a few points off safety. I hope they stay up. Their soulless, concrete ground is the worst I’ve been to in the whole country.
Wigan Athletic on 14:05 - Jul 1 with 5248 viewsDalenet

Wigan Athletic on 13:43 - Jul 1 by wavy

The EFL are a law unto themselves about changing and breaking their own rules.The rules they changed on June 9th should have been implemented next season but were made retrospective with the resultant debacle.

I am sure Wigan won't be the last. We might find that the bottom 6 clubs in each division are on minus points whenever the next season starts. The FL won't know what to do
Login to get fewer ads

Wigan Athletic on 14:18 - Jul 1 with 5196 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan Athletic on 13:52 - Jul 1 by ncfc_chalky

Who was the club that went into administration on the last game of the season after it was certain that they was going to be relegated anyway and so getting the points deduction that season and not the following one?

Wrexham?

Notts County?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wigan Athletic on 14:29 - Jul 1 with 5166 viewswavy

Wigan Athletic on 14:05 - Jul 1 by Dalenet

I am sure Wigan won't be the last. We might find that the bottom 6 clubs in each division are on minus points whenever the next season starts. The FL won't know what to do

What would happen if a Div 1 team went into administration in the next few weeks? Would that apply to this season [just finished?] or next season? The FA have not yet ratified the results of the June 9th meeting.
Wigan Athletic on 14:35 - Jul 1 with 5139 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wigan Athletic on 13:08 - Jul 1 by Kingstdale

Sounds like Wigan were in trouble long before Covid, only taken over 4 weeks ago, have the new owners discovered a black hole?. Agree with Shun, awful ground

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wigan Athletic on 15:20 - Jul 1 with 5040 viewsShun

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-statement-wigan-athletic/

The EFL have announced Wigan will definitely be getting a 12-point deduction, but they’re waiting to see how the season pans out to inflict maximum damage. I love it.

If they survive this season by virtue of points then the 12 points will be put on this season, most likely relegating them anyway. If they go down by virtue of points then they start next season in League One on -12.
Wigan Athletic on 15:25 - Jul 1 with 5035 viewsisitme

Wigan Athletic on 15:20 - Jul 1 by Shun

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-statement-wigan-athletic/

The EFL have announced Wigan will definitely be getting a 12-point deduction, but they’re waiting to see how the season pans out to inflict maximum damage. I love it.

If they survive this season by virtue of points then the 12 points will be put on this season, most likely relegating them anyway. If they go down by virtue of points then they start next season in League One on -12.

Brilliant. That is the way it should be. None of this we are going down anyway so let's take the points hit now.
Wigan Athletic on 15:27 - Jul 1 with 5030 viewsfermin

Wigan Athletic on 13:52 - Jul 1 by ncfc_chalky

Wasn't it Boston just before the end of their last game at Wrexham?
Wigan Athletic on 15:29 - Jul 1 with 5014 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan Athletic on 15:27 - Jul 1 by fermin

I knew Wrexham were involved somewhere.

Wigan Athletic on 15:33 - Jul 1 with 5007 viewsncfc_chalky

Wigan Athletic on 15:27 - Jul 1 by fermin

You could be right,all I can remember is that they went into administration in the final minutes of the final game when it was certain that they was going down and I think that's when the FA changed the way that points was deducted

Wigan Athletic on 15:34 - Jul 1 with 5000 viewstodmordendale

Even the pies are rubbish.
Wigan Athletic on 15:38 - Jul 1 with 4982 viewsfinberty

Wigan-supporting colleague fears a fire-sale of talent soon. Still if they can engineer the same massive mark-up they achieved for Grigg, (watch "Sunderland 'til I Die" on Netflix) all may not be lost for them.
Wigan Athletic on 17:22 - Jul 1 with 4785 viewsblackdogblue

Wigan Athletic on 14:18 - Jul 1 by TVOS1907

Wrexham?

Notts County?

That’s not fair, Notts County have great parking facilities, cheap, easy to get away from after the game and the real added bonus...

It’s a 5 minute walk back from the City Ground after watching some European Football

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Wigan Athletic on 17:39 - Jul 1 with 4743 viewsboromat

Wigan Athletic on 15:38 - Jul 1 by finberty

Wigan-supporting colleague fears a fire-sale of talent soon. Still if they can engineer the same massive mark-up they achieved for Grigg, (watch "Sunderland 'til I Die" on Netflix) all may not be lost for them.

Not sure the market is there at the minute to sell anyone. They'll get peanuts.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wigan Athletic on 18:47 - Jul 1 with 4628 viewsncfc_chalky

Wigan Athletic on 17:22 - Jul 1 by blackdogblue

That’s not fair, Notts County have great parking facilities, cheap, easy to get away from after the game and the real added bonus...

It’s a 5 minute walk back from the City Ground after watching some European Football

When was the last time that Forest was involved with any European football bdb?

What happened to that kiwiforest poster,he didn't last long?

Wigan Athletic on 19:55 - Jul 1 with 4512 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

And the ‘mea culpa” wringing of hands and wailing & gnashing of teeth begins again. We’ve been here so many times before. “grand old club,” “FA cup winner” blah blah blah...
I for one am sick & tired of the overspending, greed, incompetence, corruption & mismanagement that our game is mired in. It may be just me but I HOPE Wigan go bust along with as many other clubs as is necessary for all involved in football to start living in the real world.
I’m fed up that our club is so often the subject of mockery & disdain while it attempts to keep its head above water while adhering to rules that too many in the EFL treat with contempt.
If I sound bitter it’s because I am. I don’t crave the bloated riches of the Premier league, just a club that has half a chance of competing in the league we’re in. If other clubs want to splash cash they haven’t got it’s their business, but don’t come crying when your house of straw is obliterated in the hurricane that I will be the post COVID economy.
It’s the poor sods at Ritazza, Airbus & all the rest who have been thrown on the scrap heap I feel sorry for.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 19:57]
Wigan Athletic on 19:57 - Jul 1 with 4500 viewsfinberty

Wigan Athletic on 17:39 - Jul 1 by boromat

Not sure the market is there at the minute to sell anyone. They'll get peanuts.

Oh dear.

Oh dearie dearie me.

Still - mustn't grumble.....
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 19:58]
Wigan Athletic on 20:49 - Jul 1 with 4410 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan Athletic on 18:47 - Jul 1 by ncfc_chalky

He was too obvious.

Wigan Athletic on 21:00 - Jul 1 with 4371 viewsblackdogblue

Wigan Athletic on 18:47 - Jul 1 by ncfc_chalky

Chalky lad, went fishing for a tiddler & caught a shark.,,

Fook off 😂😂

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024