Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New season start date? 14:50 - Jul 3 with 4249 viewsisitme

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-loggerheads-cl

Maybe this is the leaked information that DB alluded to in his statement?
New season start date? on 14:56 - Jul 3 with 4204 viewsSuddenLad

So much for the 'confidentiality' agreement referred to in the statement from the CEO. There's always one.

It matters not what date they choose, because outside factors will determine whether it happens.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New season start date? on 15:37 - Jul 3 with 4087 viewsisitme

There must have been some discussion though with the relevant government departments etc to get suitable dates. I suspect they are in the process of negotiating the rules around supporters in grounds and a likely timescale.
New season start date? on 15:50 - Jul 3 with 4050 viewsEllDale

They'll be cutting it fine for an August start with championship clubs still playing.
New season start date? on 18:17 - Jul 3 with 3796 viewsNorthernDale

I have read somewhere the EFL are considering either late August or the favoured date is September 12th.
New season start date? on 18:21 - Jul 3 with 3784 viewsTVOS1907

New season start date? on 18:17 - Jul 3 by NorthernDale

I have read somewhere the EFL are considering either late August or the favoured date is September 12th.

Yes, it's in the link at the top of this thread!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New season start date? on 18:49 - Jul 3 with 3729 viewsdavidab2202

It was also in the Daily Mail,but after the abuse I received for my choice of Newspaper on here recently there is no chance I would admit to reading the article
New season start date? on 18:50 - Jul 3 with 3725 viewsscarrow

Barry Fry of Vengeance FC has stated the same dates with preferred date of Sep 12th

Poll: Final position

New season start date? on 18:52 - Jul 3 with 3720 viewsThacks_Rabbits

New season start date? on 18:49 - Jul 3 by davidab2202

It was also in the Daily Mail,but after the abuse I received for my choice of Newspaper on here recently there is no chance I would admit to reading the article

I won’t believe a word of anything until the guardian confirms it.

A truly neutral paper with no agenda!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

New season start date? on 19:00 - Jul 3 with 3687 viewsisitme

New season start date? on 18:49 - Jul 3 by davidab2202

To be honest the sport section is pretty good.
New season start date? on 19:25 - Jul 3 with 3628 viewsBartRowou

New season start date? on 18:52 - Jul 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

I won’t believe a word of anything until the guardian confirms it.

A truly neutral paper with no agenda!

Without the Guardian or Mirror, we'd be left with the Express, Mail, Times, Telegraph, FT and Sun. Plenty of agendas in that lot.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New season start date? on 19:34 - Jul 3 with 3596 viewsThacks_Rabbits

New season start date? on 19:25 - Jul 3 by BartRowou

Without the Guardian or Mirror, we'd be left with the Express, Mail, Times, Telegraph, FT and Sun. Plenty of agendas in that lot.

You can’t really class the ft as biased, which is the only paper I really read. Everything else I read online without seeing the paper linked.

Add them all together and somewhere in the middle is the truth, I stopped classing the sun as a paper years ago, it’s more like a comic!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

New season start date? on 09:48 - Jul 14 with 2870 viewsaleanddale

I thought we might have heard something by now?.

Plenty of clubs need a date to work towards so they can start to sign players and get prepared with things like season tickets and new kit etc etc.
New season start date? on 10:10 - Jul 14 with 2818 views442Dale

In the absence of other updates, some info here:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18580717.will-bolton-wanderers-start-2020-

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New season start date? on 10:11 - Jul 14 with 2810 viewsMass_Debater

New season start date? on 09:48 - Jul 14 by aleanddale

I thought we might have heard something by now?.

Plenty of clubs need a date to work towards so they can start to sign players and get prepared with things like season tickets and new kit etc etc.

Patience........
New season start date? on 10:35 - Jul 14 with 2766 viewsTVOS1907

New season start date? on 10:10 - Jul 14 by 442Dale

In the absence of other updates, some info here:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18580717.will-bolton-wanderers-start-2020-

There's an error on that link which might confuse some; 12th September is a Saturday, not a Monday.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New season start date? on 10:41 - Jul 14 with 2759 viewsBrierls

I'd be surprised if the proposed options to vote on were still 29th August 29 or 12th September. Most teams have been cautious and are operating on a skeleton squad, they would need time to add to that squad and have a pre-season.

I can't see the season starting before 12th September.

I think we're looking at 2021 before they even consider letting fans into stadiums. They'll probably wait to see if Coronavirus has a winter spike.
New season start date? on 11:17 - Jul 14 with 2696 viewsisitme

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8512567/West-Ham-chief-Karren

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-8507975/England-return-acti

There is some speculation that supporters may be able to return in some capacity September/October time.Even with a 25% capacity we would be okay to accomdate our home support, especially as some supporters may not want to attend even if they are allowed to.

A September 12th start would probably mean that player would be brought off furlough at the beginning of August so they could have a six week preseason. Clubs have to contribute towards wages of those on furlough from August anyway.

I do think clarity is needed as soon as possible, for both clubs and players. For those out of contract they will not be getting paid past this month. For the lucky ones they may get one year deals on lower terms, but for many their professional careers could be over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024