Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe promoted 21:28 - Jul 13 with 2184 viewsSuddenLad

Delighted for them and Gareth Ainsworth. They deserved it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wycombe promoted on 21:45 - Jul 13 with 2142 viewsDaleyBrent

Phenomenal. Very happy for them and Ainsworth he’s always been top drawer.

Things like that today make it feel like anything is possible for our own club. Credit to Ainsworth as well for saying he didn’t have quite the smallest budget! 👌🏻
Wycombe promoted on 22:08 - Jul 13 with 2081 views100notout

Wycombe promoted on 21:45 - Jul 13 by DaleyBrent

Things like that today make it feel like anything is possible for our own club. Credit to Ainsworth as well for saying he didn’t have quite the smallest budget! 👌🏻

Have they splashed the cash since the Americans got involved?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Wycombe promoted on 22:11 - Jul 13 with 2070 viewsTVOS1907

Wycombe promoted on 22:08 - Jul 13 by 100notout

Not that I can see.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wycombe promoted on 22:23 - Jul 13 with 2032 views100notout

fair play then .

Congratulations Wycombe

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Wycombe promoted on 22:25 - Jul 13 with 2024 viewsdingdangblue

Wycombe promoted on 21:45 - Jul 13 by DaleyBrent

He could do with getting some buttons sewn on his shirts mind.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wycombe promoted on 22:38 - Jul 13 with 1990 viewstony_roch975

Wycombe promoted on 22:08 - Jul 13 by 100notout

From what I've read Rob Couhig put in £2.2M immediately last Summer to cover debts, will fund a new 15-year lease on Adams Park at £150,000 a year and made a further £1M available.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Wycombe promoted on 07:23 - Jul 14 with 1806 viewsDaleyBrent

Wycombe promoted on 22:11 - Jul 13 by TVOS1907

Not that I can see.

No they haven’t really. They went a bit mad with Rolando Aaron’s etc but they’re definitely not the biggest spenders.

My point was the guy interviewing Ainsworth said they had the lowest budget but Ainsworth corrected him and said that was either Accrington or Rochdale 👏🏻
Wycombe promoted on 08:05 - Jul 14 with 1758 viewsrkershaw

Wycombe promoted on 07:23 - Jul 14 by DaleyBrent

No they haven’t really. They went a bit mad with Rolando Aaron’s etc but they’re definitely not the biggest spenders.

My point was the guy interviewing Ainsworth said they had the lowest budget but Ainsworth corrected him and said that was either Accrington or Rochdale 👏🏻

Wycombe finished 1 place below us in 17th last season......great turnaround !!
Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe promoted on 08:30 - Jul 14 with 1725 viewsdawlishdale

Very happy for them. A similar sized club to us, small fanbase and similar sized ground.

It just goes to show that moneybags Peterborough et al, with their "throw enough money at it and it will succeed, isn't the only way to go about things.

Ainsworth has always come across as a decent chap, despite some dubious tactics from his team. For the record, I thought Wycombe were very good value when they beat us at the COA in what was certainly no fluke result.
Wycombe promoted on 08:55 - Jul 14 with 1696 viewsJames1980

Just goes to show 'small' clubs can do it good luck to them in the championship.
It took 6 seasons before Ainsworth got them out of League 2 and then only 2 attempts to get them in the Championship. Be good if other clubs fans and BOD's see the value of patience and keeping the faith in a manager.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wycombe promoted on 09:45 - Jul 14 with 1627 viewsaleanddale

Congratulations Wycombe...

Hope i get to see Akinfenwa in the Championship! is he still with them next season?.
Wycombe promoted on 10:32 - Jul 14 with 1580 viewsBrierls

It's great for Wycombe and they have shown, along with Yeovil a few years ago, that it is possible to get to the Championship on a smaller budget than almost all your competitors.

I hope we see Akinfenwa in the Championship. He doesn't look like a footballer but the guy does his job!

Selfishly I would have prefered Oxford to go up because we always seem to get battered by them. At least their 'bright young manager' will get another crack at it with plently of money to spend.
Wycombe promoted on 11:15 - Jul 14 with 1539 viewsNewbury_Dale

We more than matched them at Adams Park last year, despite going down to a very late penalty [soft concede].
Wycombe promoted on 12:37 - Jul 14 with 1450 viewsEllDale

I've got mixed views on this.
I'm pleased for Gareth Ainsworth and agree that they looked a really good outfit at Spotland on the Saturday after the game at Old Trafford.
However...they were plunging down the table like a stone from February onwards and only PPG got them in the top six.
They've taken the chance given to them and if it pees off Peterborough that can only be a bonus.
Wycombe promoted on 12:47 - Jul 14 with 1425 viewsSuddenLad

Wycombe promoted on 12:37 - Jul 14 by EllDale

I've got mixed views on this.
I'm pleased for Gareth Ainsworth and agree that they looked a really good outfit at Spotland on the Saturday after the game at Old Trafford.
However...they were plunging down the table like a stone from February onwards and only PPG got them in the top six.
They've taken the chance given to them and if it pees off Peterborough that can only be a bonus.

They won 3 of their last 5 league games, a feat only bettered by champions Coventry and Oxford. I think they deserve their promotion and as you say if Darragh McAnthony is suitably aggrieved, that's the icing on the cake.

Maybe he has another £4 million to throw at his vanity project. We'll see.

Wycombe promoted on 14:49 - Jul 14 with 1295 viewsBrierls

Wycombe promoted on 12:47 - Jul 14 by SuddenLad

They won 3 of their last 5 league games, a feat only bettered by champions Coventry and Oxford. I think they deserve their promotion and as you say if Darragh McAnthony is suitably aggrieved, that's the icing on the cake.

Maybe he has another £4 million to throw at his vanity project. We'll see.

I don't understand the beef with MacAnthony beyond him being p!ssed off L1 clubs voted to end the season. He got grief on various social media platforms before COVID-19.

He's putting his own money into a club on a regular basis. He actually engages with fans on Twitter. Surely that should be praised?
Wycombe promoted on 15:51 - Jul 14 with 1231 viewsJames1980

Whether they did splash the cash or not in the transfer market, surely having wealthy investors meant not having to sell their best players', they could really concentrate on the league because Cup runs were not the difference between breaking even or making a loss.

Wycombe promoted on 16:19 - Jul 14 with 1197 viewsAtThePeake

Wycombe promoted on 14:49 - Jul 14 by Brierls

I don't understand the beef with MacAnthony beyond him being p!ssed off L1 clubs voted to end the season. He got grief on various social media platforms before COVID-19.

He's putting his own money into a club on a regular basis. He actually engages with fans on Twitter. Surely that should be praised?

Something tells me his 'engagement' on Twitter is more to further his own ego than it is to actually communicate. That said, I feel the same about Andy Holt at Accrington but he seems to have quite a good reputation amongst fans.

I've not been keen on MacAnthony since I paid £27 to sit on a piss-stained wooden bench that was surely the oldest remaining furniture in the city of Peterborough. Funnily enough he never engaged with my tweet asking him about that.

Tangled up in blue.

Wycombe promoted on 16:24 - Jul 14 with 1190 viewsjudd

Wycombe promoted on 16:19 - Jul 14 by AtThePeake

Something tells me his 'engagement' on Twitter is more to further his own ego than it is to actually communicate. That said, I feel the same about Andy Holt at Accrington but he seems to have quite a good reputation amongst fans.

I've not been keen on MacAnthony since I paid £27 to sit on a piss-stained wooden bench that was surely the oldest remaining furniture in the city of Peterborough. Funnily enough he never engaged with my tweet asking him about that.

You didn't happen to buy any furniture in one of his properties, did you?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Wycombe promoted on 16:48 - Jul 14 with 1160 viewsEllDale

Andy Holt seems to have quietened down considerably in the last couple of months.
Especially on Twitter where he was very vocal on lockdown and finishing the season early.
Wycombe promoted on 19:34 - Jul 14 with 1005 viewskel

Someone on one of those mongy Facebook groups has been going on for ages that the club don’t spend any money on the squad and is now praising Wycombe and saying that all you need is hard work and all that shite.

Brilliant.
Wycombe promoted on 20:07 - Jul 14 with 963 viewsTVOS1907

Wycombe promoted on 19:34 - Jul 14 by kel

Someone on one of those mongy Facebook groups has been going on for ages that the club don’t spend any money on the squad and is now praising Wycombe and saying that all you need is hard work and all that shite.

Brilliant.

Saw that. They obviously think everyone plays for free.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wycombe promoted on 20:47 - Jul 14 with 905 viewsJames1980

I am really interested the way football is nowadays, how Ainsworth kept his job. Whilst they were in League 2 for 5 seasons on the trot. I think it is a good thing BTW and definitely a lesson that patience pays off.

Wycombe promoted on 21:04 - Jul 14 with 881 viewsSuddenLad

Ah, yes. Patience........that word again. Very popular.

Wycombe promoted on 21:37 - Jul 14 with 856 viewsSandyman

Of a similar ilk, Brentford have done an amazing job over the years from being a bog standard league 1 side, to becoming a real force in the Championship and promotion contenders. Granted, they have had money pumped in. Listening to a feature about them on 5 Live tonight, and sports analytics come into their equation of success. Seemingly, RAFC don't like that bit... wonder why?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024