Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential signing rumour 11:44 - Jul 15 with 3538 viewsJames1980

likelihood of this happening?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Potential signing rumour on 11:56 - Jul 15 with 3493 viewsjudd

Is he still at school?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Potential signing rumour on 12:03 - Jul 15 with 3467 viewsJames1980

Potential signing rumour on 11:56 - Jul 15 by judd

Is he still at school?

Potential signing rumour on 12:06 - Jul 15 with 3461 viewsAtThePeake

That account looks about as trustworthy as a Steve Dale press release.

We have been linked with him before though, I mentioned him in the 'released players' thread as one we've reportedly been close to signing in the past.

Tangled up in blue.

Potential signing rumour on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 3391 viewsChaffRAFC

Potential signing rumour on 12:06 - Jul 15 by AtThePeake

We have been linked with him before though, I mentioned him in the 'released players' thread as one we've reportedly been close to signing in the past.

Can we ban anyone who uses EFL transfer rumour twitter accounts?

The club came out and said that without future plans in place, we'd be signing nobody yet.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Potential signing rumour on 12:39 - Jul 15 with 3351 viewsTVOS1907

Potential signing rumour on 12:31 - Jul 15 by ChaffRAFC

Can we ban anyone who uses EFL transfer rumour twitter accounts?

The club came out and said that without future plans in place, we'd be signing nobody yet.

I can't believe people take notice of it as a credible source when it is repeatedly pointed out how untrustworthy it is.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Potential signing rumour on 13:17 - Jul 15 with 3245 viewsjudd

I think we're only signing players from hospitals.

Sure I read weeks ago summat about lots of news about patients.

Potential signing rumour on 13:42 - Jul 15 with 3181 viewsD_Alien

Potential signing rumour on 13:17 - Jul 15 by judd

I think we're only signing players from hospitals.

Sure I read weeks ago summat about lots of news about patients.

Crown Oil Care Home?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Potential signing rumour on 13:45 - Jul 15 with 3177 viewsjudd

Potential signing rumour on 13:42 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

Crown Oil Care Home?

Couldn't care, tbh

Login to get fewer ads

Potential signing rumour on 19:14 - Jul 15 with 2768 viewsboromat

Earlier in the week they had a news coming soon from Rochdale ... and a list of other clubs.

I thought they've read the statement from last week and are edging their bets 😂.

Seems they did it again yesterday

[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 19:16]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Potential signing rumour on 20:22 - Jul 15 with 2655 viewsJames1980

Potential signing rumour on 12:06 - Jul 15 by AtThePeake

Perhaps your post was the basis of the rumour

Potential signing rumour on 21:37 - Jul 15 with 2523 viewsfitzochris

Potential signing rumour on 19:14 - Jul 15 by boromat

Earlier in the week they had a news coming soon from Rochdale ... and a list of other clubs.

I thought they've read the statement from last week and are edging their bets 😂.

Seems they did it again yesterday

[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 19:16]

It’s absolute click bait. Like a Jedi mind trick, it fools the weak minded :)

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Potential signing rumour on 23:50 - Jul 15 with 2368 viewsJames1980

Perhaps instead of the snidey remarks would it have been too hard to explain why this would be a likely or unlikely signing.

Potential signing rumour on 23:54 - Jul 15 with 2361 viewsscarrow

Potential signing rumour on 23:50 - Jul 15 by James1980

Perhaps instead of the snidey remarks would it have been too hard to explain why this would be a likely or unlikely signing.

The website seems to pluck names out of thin air. Probably 98-99% of what is spouted on there is complete rubbish.

There are some twitter feeds which have more reliability about them. Unfortunately this particular twitter feed is unreliable

Poll: Final position

Potential signing rumour on 10:51 - Jul 16 with 2093 viewsChaffRAFC

Potential signing rumour on 23:54 - Jul 15 by scarrow

The website seems to pluck names out of thin air. Probably 98-99% of what is spouted on there is complete rubbish.

There are some twitter feeds which have more reliability about them. Unfortunately this particular twitter feed is unreliable

Would bet it's nearer 100%!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Potential signing rumour on 11:33 - Jul 16 with 2013 viewsBrierls

Potential signing rumour on 23:50 - Jul 15 by James1980

There's a chance that it could happen...

...on the basis that he's a footballer looking for a club, and when things become clearer we'll be looking to sign footballers.

Don't get arsey because people are pointing out a Twitter account (probably run by a 13 year old who trawls messageboards and news outlets) saying we're interested in signing somebody isn't something to get excited about.

Alan Nixon called out one of these 'in the know' Twitter accounts recently. The tweets were practically word for word for what he'd written about the day before.

A few weeks ago another of these accounts linked us with Eric Lichaj. The Hull City captain, who has played the majority of his career at Championship level, and had left Hull because he couldn't agree reduced terms on a new contract.

They don't have inside info. The only thing on their side is the laws of probability. If they link enough players with a club, one of them is going to happen eventually.
Potential signing rumour on 12:22 - Jul 16 with 1913 viewsJames1980

Potential signing rumour on 11:33 - Jul 16 by Brierls

...on the basis that he's a footballer looking for a club, and when things become clearer we'll be looking to sign footballers.

Don't get arsey because people are pointing out a Twitter account (probably run by a 13 year old who trawls messageboards and news outlets) saying we're interested in signing somebody isn't something to get excited about.

Alan Nixon called out one of these 'in the know' Twitter accounts recently. The tweets were practically word for word for what he'd written about the day before.

A few weeks ago another of these accounts linked us with Eric Lichaj. The Hull City captain, who has played the majority of his career at Championship level, and had left Hull because he couldn't agree reduced terms on a new contract.

They don't have inside info. The only thing on their side is the laws of probability. If they link enough players with a club, one of them is going to happen eventually.

My arseyness was due to some of the totally unnecessary remarks.
I know most of these accounts are unreliable and wasn't getting excited. I was genuinely interested in people's opinions'. For example would the player expect more in wages than we could afford. Are they the sort of player we could do with. Have any of you been particularly impressed if you have seen him play live.

Potential signing rumour on 13:03 - Jul 16 with 1839 viewsTVOS1907

Potential signing rumour on 12:22 - Jul 16 by James1980

My arseyness was due to some of the totally unnecessary remarks.
I know most of these accounts are unreliable and wasn't getting excited. I was genuinely interested in people's opinions'. For example would the player expect more in wages than we could afford. Are they the sort of player we could do with. Have any of you been particularly impressed if you have seen him play live.

Q: Would the player expect more in wages than we could afford?
A: Absolutely no idea, as fans won't know that sort of information.

Q: Are they the sort of player we could do with?
A: Again, no idea because I've never heard of him.

Q: Have any of you been particularly impressed if you have seen him play live?
A: See above.

I just wish people would leave the identifying of players and subsequent recruitment to those who have to do it.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 13:17]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Potential signing rumour on 13:04 - Jul 16 with 1832 viewsTVOS1907

Potential signing rumour on 11:33 - Jul 16 by Brierls

Precisely this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024