Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield 14:14 - Jul 19 with 4472 viewsmacro

sack the Cowley brothers despite the fact they saved them from relegation
Huddersfield on 14:29 - Jul 19 with 4432 viewsTVOS1907

I fear Huddersfield could be heading the same way as Hull.

It just goes to show the higher echelons aren't the promised land they all think without being able to stay there for a length of time.

Bournemouth could be next, although I think they have a more stable infrastructure and management set-up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Huddersfield on 14:40 - Jul 19 with 4417 viewsAllBlueDale

strange one - already rumors they had demanded a bigger budget next season OR that they are off to Bristol City.
Strange line in the Huddersfield statement that are they not inviting applications for the managers job.
Huddersfield on 15:08 - Jul 19 with 4364 viewsmacro

They'll join a list of ex Premier League clubs who slip into League 1 or lower. Bradford, Ipswich, Sunderland, Norwich, Southampton, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan etc etc

I'd imagine in the next couple of years the likes of Stoke, Huddersfield, QPR could well come down
Huddersfield on 15:48 - Jul 19 with 4295 viewsSuddenLad

Nigel Pearson gone from Watford as well......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Huddersfield on 17:10 - Jul 19 with 4177 viewsTVOS1907

Huddersfield on 15:48 - Jul 19 by SuddenLad

Nigel Pearson gone from Watford as well......

Watford as a club deserve relegation for the regularity with which they change managers.

Huddersfield on 20:45 - Jul 19 with 3975 viewsjonahwhereru

The differences between the Cowley boys and the Udders board must be hulk like, if they feel the need to part ways.
Pretty sure this will not go down well with plenty of Huddersfield fans. The Cowley’s Stock has risen and yet they are in the job market. That rarely happens in football management. They have now had a degree of success in tiers 2 to 5 in the pyramid so should not struggle to find another club. I bet Southend rue not giving the local boys a chance when they were at Braintree. They are to high profile for Southend now, and being shrewd beggars they will go somewhere that can pay them regularly.
Huddersfield on 08:21 - Jul 20 with 3747 viewsEllDale

The Cowleys were brought into keep Huddersfield up which they did.
They've five or six loan players though and the story locally is that they wanted to replace these with permanent signings for next season.
Huddersfield are skint though - previous owner Dean Hoyle (who injected between £50million and £60million into the club depending on you listen to) has decided that these were loans and so has asked for his money back. This is being done in staged payments but it's wiped out a lot of the Premier League parachute money.
Leading scorer Karlan Grant is also apparently being hawked around championship clubs at an asking price of £15million.
The local paper has led a love-in with the Cowleys but, although they kept them up, there was a little bit of dissent growing about the style of football. They talk a lot about fluidity, pressing, number 10s and number 4s etc but they haven't changed that much from their Lincoln days when they employed the likes of Matt Rhead and John Akinde.
A lot of people were also becoming increasingly annoyed with being constantly told by the brothers how hard they were working. They could certainly talk.
Gossip also says that they had expressed an interest in taking over at Bristol City which upset the chairman.
Applications aren't being taken for the vacancy which suggests that someone is already lined up.
Ironically it could be Lee Johnson?
Huddersfield on 17:45 - Jul 20 with 3465 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Huddersfield on 08:21 - Jul 20 by EllDale

They've five or six loan players though and the story locally is that they wanted to replace these with permanent signings for next season.
Huddersfield are skint though - previous owner Dean Hoyle (who injected between £50million and £60million into the club depending on you listen to) has decided that these were loans and so has asked for his money back. This is being done in staged payments but it's wiped out a lot of the Premier League parachute money.
Leading scorer Karlan Grant is also apparently being hawked around championship clubs at an asking price of £15million.
The local paper has led a love-in with the Cowleys but, although they kept them up, there was a little bit of dissent growing about the style of football. They talk a lot about fluidity, pressing, number 10s and number 4s etc but they haven't changed that much from their Lincoln days when they employed the likes of Matt Rhead and John Akinde.
A lot of people were also becoming increasingly annoyed with being constantly told by the brothers how hard they were working. They could certainly talk.
Gossip also says that they had expressed an interest in taking over at Bristol City which upset the chairman.
Applications aren't being taken for the vacancy which suggests that someone is already lined up.

The word is that they have already lined up Bielsa's No 2 at Leeds and the latter will not stand in his way.

Done deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield on 17:54 - Jul 20 with 3448 viewsTVOS1907

Huddersfield on 17:45 - Jul 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

The word is that they have already lined up Bielsa's No 2 at Leeds and the latter will not stand in his way.

Done deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53472605

Huddersfield on 20:35 - Jul 20 with 3304 viewsShun

Huddersfield on 08:21 - Jul 20 by EllDale

I’ve heard similar to all this. Also rumours of the pair of them being quite nasty customers, accusations of bullying and staff/players being too afraid of them to express themselves. It all sounds very latter-day Hill.
Huddersfield on 21:11 - Jul 20 with 3259 viewstodmordendale

Ex teachers, I believe. Generally obsessed with self importance and more pressure than anyone can take. Resistance and intolerance to others, happen ?
Huddersfield on 10:21 - Jul 21 with 3013 viewsjonahwhereru

Huddersfield on 21:11 - Jul 20 by todmordendale

Ex teachers, I believe. Generally obsessed with self importance and more pressure than anyone can take. Resistance and intolerance to others, happen ?

Harsh or what! Danny Cowley taught PE at my step daughter’s school and the pupils hardly had a bad word to say about him. He was well liked.
What he was like with a group of professionals who are in the 20 & 30 May be completely different, I don’t know so can’t comment on that.
Huddersfield on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 2729 viewsoff2div1

Huddersfield on 17:54 - Jul 20 by TVOS1907

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53472605

Leeds United have agreed a fee with Huddersfield for Carlos Corberan he just has to sort his wages out. Can see him getting a few of the Leeds U23 squad on loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024