Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Update 14:14 - Jul 24 with 29230 viewsheywooddale

Quick Synopsis: Unused tickets being donated to Keyworkers over the next two years.
You can opt out if you don't want this to happen with your tickets
No details of refund policy

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/st1920_update/
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 14:16]
Season Ticket Update on 14:16 - Jul 24 with 9232 viewsfunkkk

A good idea presented poorly in this instance.
Season Ticket Update on 14:19 - Jul 24 with 9213 viewsheywooddale

Season Ticket Update on 14:16 - Jul 24 by funkkk

A good idea presented poorly in this instance.

It is, but surely there should be some refund details on there. Even more so considering the financial struggles many will be going through and the fact its probably gonna get worse.
Season Ticket Update on 14:23 - Jul 24 with 9177 views442Dale

Season Ticket Update on 14:19 - Jul 24 by heywooddale

It is, but surely there should be some refund details on there. Even more so considering the financial struggles many will be going through and the fact its probably gonna get worse.

Agree there should be possibly be a line added saying “if you wish to opt out and apply for a refund please email...”. But the option is there to opt out.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Update on 14:32 - Jul 24 with 9122 viewsisitme

Whilst a nice sentiment, which will probably cost the club nothing if the tickets go to people who wouldn't normally attend games, what's in it for season ticket holders?

Although it is not the club's fault supporters have missed out on around a quarter of the games they paid for. I did not expect a refund but perhaps a gesture such as money off a season ticket for next season or 50% off the new kit.
Season Ticket Update on 14:33 - Jul 24 with 9112 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 14:32 - Jul 24 by isitme

Whilst a nice sentiment, which will probably cost the club nothing if the tickets go to people who wouldn't normally attend games, what's in it for season ticket holders?

Although it is not the club's fault supporters have missed out on around a quarter of the games they paid for. I did not expect a refund but perhaps a gesture such as money off a season ticket for next season or 50% off the new kit.

I always get 50 % off my son's new kit every season.

After several washes.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Update on 14:38 - Jul 24 with 9082 viewsDalenet

Have I missed something ....did the Trust canvass members or the 1900 non members as to what they would have liked to see? I am not sure whether I am pleased or disappointed to be honest. But I guess it shows that the Trust is no longer independent and that the club has no money. It will be interesting to see how the VAT treatment is passed on when STs are eventually offered for sale
Season Ticket Update on 14:39 - Jul 24 with 9077 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Update on 14:33 - Jul 24 by judd

I always get 50 % off my son's new kit every season.

After several washes.

Is he called Daz?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Update on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 9040 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 14:39 - Jul 24 by TVOS1907

Is he called Daz?

Actually that is his nickname.

But I don't put him in the washing machine.

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Update on 14:47 - Jul 24 with 9022 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Update on 14:45 - Jul 24 by judd

Actually that is his nickname.

But I don't put him in the washing machine.

Presume you've got a bath or shower then?

Season Ticket Update on 14:52 - Jul 24 with 8988 viewsboromat

I think it's a great idea. As a season ticket holder I know the money from my ticket for those few games will stay with the club and on top of that those tickets are being matched by the club in a way and given to local businesses and communities. Hopefully that gesture is appreciated by the recipients and also helps promote the club.

And if I did want a refund I can opt out and email the club.

I don't see any real problems with that.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Update on 14:52 - Jul 24 with 8985 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Update on 14:47 - Jul 24 by TVOS1907

Presume you've got a bath or shower then?

...and a washing machine.

Back to topic.

Why would a hard working NHS employee who witnesses death and injury and illness on a regular basis want further sufferance as a reward?

Season Ticket Update on 14:54 - Jul 24 with 8980 viewsstandale

Season Ticket Update on 14:38 - Jul 24 by Dalenet

Have I missed something ....did the Trust canvass members or the 1900 non members as to what they would have liked to see? I am not sure whether I am pleased or disappointed to be honest. But I guess it shows that the Trust is no longer independent and that the club has no money. It will be interesting to see how the VAT treatment is passed on when STs are eventually offered for sale

What’s their to canvass you either do it or you don’t, the choice is down to the ST holder. Personally think it’s a good idea, but like others have said, probably could have been presented better regarding options on refunds.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 14:56]
Season Ticket Update on 16:35 - Jul 24 with 8745 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Update on 14:32 - Jul 24 by isitme

Won't that effectively be the same as a refund?

Season Ticket Update on 16:38 - Jul 24 with 8731 viewsisitme

Season Ticket Update on 16:35 - Jul 24 by TVOS1907

Won't that effectively be the same as a refund?

Sorry, should have specified I didn't mean a pro rata refund for the games missed. In my opinion a token gesture worth about £20 tied to a future purchase would have been fair.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 16:42]
Season Ticket Update on 18:58 - Jul 24 with 8491 views49thseason

Why is it fair? The club has had the use of your money for over 12 months, they owe you 6/23 rds of what you paid as a refund for matches that were not played. This is a simple legal position. If you want to then ask for the money they owe you to be paid in vouchers for the club shop or if you want to go and spend it on beer, that is entirely your choice.
The club should not be telling anyone to forget about the money they are owed because they have a cunning plan to give your tickets to someone else.

There are often times when the club could give away 1,000s of tickets as the stadium is rarely full. That would be fine. It is not fair to use other people's money to do that especially when the club can then legitimately claim that the ticket was worth £4 or £5 and then put that amount (i.e. your money), into their bank account.

Rather than opting out of their plans, they should be offering a refund to all ST holders with an opportunity to donate the money to a worthy cause. (Or even the Trust)!

I have no doubt that there are actual RAFC fans who would very much like 25% or so of their ticket money back right now, expecting them to actually ask for their own money back is unfair. If fans want to thank someone for their help over the last few months, they can buy them a ticket from their refund.

And how will this giveaway be policed? because every ticket that is not used is simply money in the RAFC bank account. If they only have an uptake of say 5000 tickets, will they give ST holders who don't opt out 2/3rds of their money back? I doubt it! Can they even identify 15000 "Key workers"? Which of these will they give them to? https://www.capital-law.co.uk/news/2020/03/25/covid-19-list-of-key-workers/

Charity begins at home, the club should do what most others are doing and offer a refund or an equivalent amount off next seasons tickets to those of us who turn up in all weathers hoping against hope to see our team beat another one season after season, 60+ of them in my case..

Finally , lets be clear, this money does not belong to RAFC, It's your money. There is a principle involved here and to try and pretend that the club is doing anything except putting your money into its accounts without asking you first and obfuscating that you have a legal entitlement to a refund is a complete untruth.
Season Ticket Update on 19:01 - Jul 24 with 8476 views442Dale

As noted, it would have been preferable that a line had been added to contact the club if you wish to have money refunded.

Season Ticket Update on 19:07 - Jul 24 with 8455 viewsMass_Debater

Season Ticket Update on 18:58 - Jul 24 by 49thseason

Why is it fair? The club has had the use of your money for over 12 months, they owe you 6/23 rds of what you paid as a refund for matches that were not played. This is a simple legal position. If you want to then ask for the money they owe you to be paid in vouchers for the club shop or if you want to go and spend it on beer, that is entirely your choice.
The club should not be telling anyone to forget about the money they are owed because they have a cunning plan to give your tickets to someone else.

There are often times when the club could give away 1,000s of tickets as the stadium is rarely full. That would be fine. It is not fair to use other people's money to do that especially when the club can then legitimately claim that the ticket was worth £4 or £5 and then put that amount (i.e. your money), into their bank account.

Rather than opting out of their plans, they should be offering a refund to all ST holders with an opportunity to donate the money to a worthy cause. (Or even the Trust)!

I have no doubt that there are actual RAFC fans who would very much like 25% or so of their ticket money back right now, expecting them to actually ask for their own money back is unfair. If fans want to thank someone for their help over the last few months, they can buy them a ticket from their refund.

And how will this giveaway be policed? because every ticket that is not used is simply money in the RAFC bank account. If they only have an uptake of say 5000 tickets, will they give ST holders who don't opt out 2/3rds of their money back? I doubt it! Can they even identify 15000 "Key workers"? Which of these will they give them to? https://www.capital-law.co.uk/news/2020/03/25/covid-19-list-of-key-workers/

Charity begins at home, the club should do what most others are doing and offer a refund or an equivalent amount off next seasons tickets to those of us who turn up in all weathers hoping against hope to see our team beat another one season after season, 60+ of them in my case..

Finally , lets be clear, this money does not belong to RAFC, It's your money. There is a principle involved here and to try and pretend that the club is doing anything except putting your money into its accounts without asking you first and obfuscating that you have a legal entitlement to a refund is a complete untruth.

In other words, you want a refund.
Season Ticket Update on 19:19 - Jul 24 with 8413 viewsColDale

Have stuck this on fb but it's reached a massive 36 people so far, so will repeat it here:

Just for the record as there have been a few questioning our ticket scheme. The Trust came up with this idea and approached the club back in May about this scheme.

I know you can read too much into them but we saw a poll that had between 80% and 90% of Dale supporters voting that they wanted the club to retain the money and they would not be seeking a refund from the club. From conversations with fellow members of the Football Supporters Association, this figure of 80%-90% seemed to be typical of a lot of clubs.

We didn't want a situation where these tickets would disappear into some black hole, and we wanted to come up with something that we thought would have a real positive impact on the town, and that's where we came up with this idea.

We were keen to extend this beyond the usual "key workers". They've done a brilliant job and will rightly be rewarded through this. But we were well aware that there are a lot of "unsung heroes" during this time that have played a massive part in keeping this town going, and we wanted to reward them as well. We couldn't possibly come up with a comprehensive list so we came up with the idea that season ticket holders could nominate people who were deserving of them. That way, the people of Rochdale are rewarding those that kept them going throughout the past four months or so.

Right from the start, we felt that whilst we saw lots of positives in this (well we would do, wouldn't we?), we couldn't and wouldn't presume to know everyone's circumstances so there had to be an element where a season ticket holder could opt out should they wish. It would be a brilliant story if 100% of Dale supporters opted to donate their tickets, but if its not for some people, then they would be perfectly entitled to opt out without any question.

We approached the club, and to be fair to them, they thought it was a great idea. They'd already come with a plan for what they wanted to do about the unused tickets in terms of offering six tickets for next season to those that missed out. We put it to the club that this should not be a case of 100% of the tickets donated without question and the opt out must remain an option and they were totally on board with that.

We had hoped to release the details of this scheme earlier, whilst the club were wanting this to be part of the the season ticket launch for 2020-21 but with details not out regarding them until next month, today seemed as good a time as any to get this out.
We do hope as many season ticket holders as possible support this but there's no issue if anyone doesn't. The opt out is an integral part of this and always has been. And like we mention earlier, if you know of a deserving indivudal or an organisation that has kept on going throughout, please nominate them on the form within the article.

(and if you fancy joining the Trust for 2020-21, you can do so for £5 at https://www.daletrust.co.uk/adult-exile-membership/)

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/07/trust-launches-ticket-scheme/
Season Ticket Update on 19:27 - Jul 24 with 8369 views442Dale

It’s a really good idea and makes it easy for the supporters to benefit others by simply allowing the club to retain their money and distribute tickets. The number of those tickets available to keyworkers/local beneficiaries once finalised will no doubt be established by the Trust to illustrate the positives of this initiative.

It’s also easy enough to opt out and get a refund and choose to use the money elsewhere at the club (next season ticket/club shop etc) or however an individual may choose.

Season Ticket Update on 19:52 - Jul 24 with 8315 viewsAncoats_Blue

Give it a rest. The season tickets were pennies to begin with. The club couldn’t have avoided ending the season early and as anyone will know Dale live hand to mouth With their income. What’s £30-50 to you? For me it’s a a few drinks or a meal out that I’ve not been able have for months anyway.
Unless the FA / EFL are making some sort of solidarity payment to clubs then I wouldn’t expect or want any refunds. At L1 and below mass refunds along with no income for months will really harm the clubs. I’d rather they keep my money and I’ve got a club to go back to.
Season Ticket Update on 19:58 - Jul 24 with 8306 viewsboromat

Don't understand the rant. It's clear to me if you want to opt out you email the club.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Update on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 8228 viewsonedalefan

Season Ticket Update on 19:19 - Jul 24 by ColDale

Have stuck this on fb but it's reached a massive 36 people so far, so will repeat it here:

Just for the record as there have been a few questioning our ticket scheme. The Trust came up with this idea and approached the club back in May about this scheme.

I know you can read too much into them but we saw a poll that had between 80% and 90% of Dale supporters voting that they wanted the club to retain the money and they would not be seeking a refund from the club. From conversations with fellow members of the Football Supporters Association, this figure of 80%-90% seemed to be typical of a lot of clubs.

We didn't want a situation where these tickets would disappear into some black hole, and we wanted to come up with something that we thought would have a real positive impact on the town, and that's where we came up with this idea.

We were keen to extend this beyond the usual "key workers". They've done a brilliant job and will rightly be rewarded through this. But we were well aware that there are a lot of "unsung heroes" during this time that have played a massive part in keeping this town going, and we wanted to reward them as well. We couldn't possibly come up with a comprehensive list so we came up with the idea that season ticket holders could nominate people who were deserving of them. That way, the people of Rochdale are rewarding those that kept them going throughout the past four months or so.

Right from the start, we felt that whilst we saw lots of positives in this (well we would do, wouldn't we?), we couldn't and wouldn't presume to know everyone's circumstances so there had to be an element where a season ticket holder could opt out should they wish. It would be a brilliant story if 100% of Dale supporters opted to donate their tickets, but if its not for some people, then they would be perfectly entitled to opt out without any question.

We approached the club, and to be fair to them, they thought it was a great idea. They'd already come with a plan for what they wanted to do about the unused tickets in terms of offering six tickets for next season to those that missed out. We put it to the club that this should not be a case of 100% of the tickets donated without question and the opt out must remain an option and they were totally on board with that.

We had hoped to release the details of this scheme earlier, whilst the club were wanting this to be part of the the season ticket launch for 2020-21 but with details not out regarding them until next month, today seemed as good a time as any to get this out.
We do hope as many season ticket holders as possible support this but there's no issue if anyone doesn't. The opt out is an integral part of this and always has been. And like we mention earlier, if you know of a deserving indivudal or an organisation that has kept on going throughout, please nominate them on the form within the article.

(and if you fancy joining the Trust for 2020-21, you can do so for £5 at https://www.daletrust.co.uk/adult-exile-membership/)

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/07/trust-launches-ticket-scheme/

You say that a poll of supporters showed that between 80% and 90% wanted the club to retain the money. How many people actually took part in the poll? Was it everyone who has a season ticket or was it just people who are part of the Trust?
What happens for anyone who emails that they want to opt out? Do they get an option to get a refund, reduction on next years ticket, vouchers for the club shop or donate the cash value to charity
Season Ticket Update on 20:38 - Jul 24 with 8212 views49thseason

Season Ticket Update on 19:07 - Jul 24 by Mass_Debater

In other words, you want a refund.

In other words, the club has to offer a refund first and foremost. If people want to make a gesture to a deserving cause they then have the ability to do so. It is not the business of the club to assume what people want to do with there own money which the club should be holding in a separate account .

You can accuse me of anything you like, I have never mentioned a refund for my own part and it is invidious of you to suggest that. I was paying my sixpence a week spence into the sandy lane stand fund over 60 years ago and throwing lose change into the fighting fund blanket that went round the pitch at half time. I have done my bit and more on behalf of this club.

Let me repeat the simple legal fact, the money does not yet belong to the club and to assume people who do not read their website will think its OK for them to spend it on "free" tickets is breathtaking, no matter how worthy the cause.. Or in this case no matter how dire the clubs finances.

This is a better approach:."Wimbledon still had four matches left at Kingsmeadow.

They announced yesterday several fans had come forward to make it clear they would not be seeking a refund.

And they have requested others follow suit to help.

The club’s statement read: “Without question, it will be the best possible way of helping us maintain our club’s financial stability.

“Naturally, we entirely understand that some of you have suffered considerable financial hardship and, of course, we will fully respect your right to a refund should you fall into that category.”

An honest view of the situation and fans asked to opt in not opt out of a fait accomplis
Season Ticket Update on 20:40 - Jul 24 with 8207 viewsAtThePeake

Season Ticket Update on 19:52 - Jul 24 by Ancoats_Blue

Give it a rest. The season tickets were pennies to begin with. The club couldn’t have avoided ending the season early and as anyone will know Dale live hand to mouth With their income. What’s £30-50 to you? For me it’s a a few drinks or a meal out that I’ve not been able have for months anyway.
Unless the FA / EFL are making some sort of solidarity payment to clubs then I wouldn’t expect or want any refunds. At L1 and below mass refunds along with no income for months will really harm the clubs. I’d rather they keep my money and I’ve got a club to go back to.

To be completely fair, I think 49th is right when he says that "the club should do what most others are doing and offer a refund or an equivalent amount off next seasons tickets".

As far as I can see though, that's exactly what they have done with offering fans the option to opt out, so I've no idea what his rant is actually about. Is it really that much of an issue to send an email and opt-out if that's what you want to do?

Tangled up in blue.

Season Ticket Update on 20:41 - Jul 24 with 8203 viewsAtThePeake

Season Ticket Update on 20:40 - Jul 24 by AtThePeake

To be completely fair, I think 49th is right when he says that "the club should do what most others are doing and offer a refund or an equivalent amount off next seasons tickets".

As far as I can see though, that's exactly what they have done with offering fans the option to opt out, so I've no idea what his rant is actually about. Is it really that much of an issue to send an email and opt-out if that's what you want to do?

Rants*

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024