Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Paul Swarbrick 19:25 - Jul 26 with 1198 viewsdale1968

Just heard the Tragic new that Paul sadly passed away at home very suddenly last Thursday aged 48.
Paul worked at the club for several years as part of the Clubs Safety Team and was also a very Talented Comic and DJ who went by his stage name Paul Chance.
Very Sad News RIP Paul.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

RIP Paul Swarbrick on 19:51 - Jul 26 with 1127 viewsjudd

RIP Paul. I had some dealings with him in the past and he was always a pleasure to deal with.

Poll: What is it to be then?

RIP Paul Swarbrick on 20:45 - Jul 26 with 1019 viewsReedy

Paul was my first ever boss in the big wide world of work when I worked at dale for 18 months ten years ago. The club was a great place to be then, the promotion and the first season in league one, the place was bouncing and it was a great first place to work.

He was a good, honest guy. He taught me a great deal, probably without ever knowing he was doing it, and whilst I’ve moved on, I personally owe the football club and Paul (and others) a great deal for that grounding at such a young age.

I’ve seen him in passing since, and whilst he could talk for the nation, he was always good company.

I remember a day we spent at work together before a game against Tranmere around new year in our first season in league one. We had an horrendous frost for days, and the water supply in Willbutts had a huge amount of leaking pipes, we would fix one and another would start spraying. Between us we fixed around 20 leaks and ended up with half the stand having no water supply, but managed to get the game on by shifting the away supporters towards the Sandy Lane. It’s that side that supporters don’t see and goes completely unnoticed.

I hope his family get through what must be an awful time, I send my deepest condolences to them all.

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024