Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vill...AR 20:58 - Jul 26 with 1465 viewsmikehunt

Well. It came to pass. Bournemouth would have stayed up had Villa not got that point through VAR not being switched on. Now that does not feel right.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Vill...AR on 22:18 - Jul 26 with 1348 viewsTVOS1907

Villa might still have gone on to get a draw in that game.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Vill...AR on 22:40 - Jul 26 with 1318 viewsmikehunt

It is ifs and buts and I admire Howe for just making an oblique reference to “not worrying about how other teams got their points” but if it happened to us I would be somewhat narked.

Vill...AR on 22:53 - Jul 26 with 1299 viewsD_Alien

Vill...AR on 22:40 - Jul 26 by mikehunt

It is ifs and buts and I admire Howe for just making an oblique reference to “not worrying about how other teams got their points” but if it happened to us I would be somewhat narked.

Howe's remarks show maturity and a realisation that his team just haven't been good enough. It's an approach that will stand him in good stead

Refereeing errors have always been part of the game, and the error that occurred with the technology is no different, down to human fallibility

The only thing to do is move on, or waste effort in worrying over what can't be changed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Vill...AR on 08:53 - Jul 27 with 1104 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hugely ironic that in the first season of VAR, it is a mistake (not human error) which has led to Villa staying up.

The lack of intervention from Stockley Park and the reluctance of the on-field official to take a view from the pitchside monitor on the day are what kept Villa up in the end. Some might say "luck" but it is poor officiating.

VAR has improved the game, but it's application in the Premier League has been poor when compared to other worldwide leagues who have implemented the same technology.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Vill...AR on 11:17 - Jul 27 with 980 viewsD_Alien

Vill...AR on 08:53 - Jul 27 by RAFCBLUE

Hugely ironic that in the first season of VAR, it is a mistake (not human error) which has led to Villa staying up.

The lack of intervention from Stockley Park and the reluctance of the on-field official to take a view from the pitchside monitor on the day are what kept Villa up in the end. Some might say "luck" but it is poor officiating.

VAR has improved the game, but it's application in the Premier League has been poor when compared to other worldwide leagues who have implemented the same technology.

What's the difference between a 'mistake' and 'human error' ??

Vill...AR on 13:40 - Jul 27 with 863 viewsmikehunt

The system was supposed to remove human error

Vill...AR on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 843 viewsD_Alien

Vill...AR on 13:40 - Jul 27 by mikehunt

True, it was

But a system designed by humans...

Vill...AR on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 825 viewsTVOS1907

Vill...AR on 13:40 - Jul 27 by mikehunt

The error in question was caused by the technology not working.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Vill...AR on 18:46 - Jul 28 with 602 viewsBrierls

Villa are one of those teams that I've developed an irrational dislike for. They've been terrible to watch for as long as I can remember.

I'd have much rather seen Watford survive, though it can be argued the owners got what they deserved there.

A little bit of Jack Grealish will be disappointed that Villa survived. He won't admit it, Villa fans won't admit it, but its there. It would have been far easier for him to leave Villa to persue his Premier League career had they gone down, but now he's got to admit he simply wants to leave for a big club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024